Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / What did you learn this year?
Posted: Dec 14, 2013 1:18 pm

I learned that the song at the end of Fight Club was apparently by the Pixies.
Also, heard the Pixies this year.
Posted: Dec 14, 2013 4:29 pm

I learned that you can hire dogs to come sniff out the exact location and infestation size of bed bugs in your apartment, because they apparently smell like cinnamon. Luckily i didn't learn this first hand.
Posted: Dec 14, 2013 7:28 pm

I learned not to combine garlic and olive oil in a sealed container if you aren't intending to eat it immediately. It can produce botulism if allowed to sit too long.
Posted: Dec 14, 2013 8:16 pm

I learned all about kanban boards.
Posted: Dec 14, 2013 8:53 pm

I learned the Universe is just a giant software program.

http://rt.com/news/space-evidence-universe-hologram-195/

I suspected as much.

Now, since it's not real anyway back to doing whatever the f*%k I want.
Posted: Dec 15, 2013 9:28 am

I learned that if you're caught in a pinch that you can use the skin scrapings from a Ped-Egg as some killer parm for your spagett.
Posted: Dec 15, 2013 9:51 pm

I learned that I can buy a house
Posted: Dec 16, 2013 1:43 am

i learned the cost of a parent dying and having a decent funeral - about 5k

i learned that if a parent dies and there is life insurance, you don't have to use that to pay any of the parents bills, which you are not responsible for.

any leftover money is to party with.

i learned that my wife is, apparently in it for the long haul with me, as we bought a house together.

i learned that a shitty part time job is better than no job at all.

the main thing i learned this year is that all human relationships are what you make of them, there is no magic link because people are related. family, like all relationships, is what you make of it.

i can love certain people in my family and still be content if i never see them again for the rest of their/our lives.

i learned how to make lasagna.

i started new hobbies and learned about 8mm films and jukeboxes.
Posted: Dec 16, 2013 7:56 am

I learned it's actually "fire all the guns at once and explode into space", not "buy all the guns at once...".
Posted: Dec 17, 2013 12:26 am

firing all your guns at once is unnecessary and a waste of ammunition.
Posted: Dec 17, 2013 8:49 am

I learned last night that I can still play beer pong well.
I learned last night that kids don't like old guys to beat them at beer pong.
I learned last night that I still hate rum.
I learned today that I need to not go to xmas parties on weeknights.

As for this year, I learned that people have been using the term "blood is thicker than water" in the entirely wrong context for what seems like forever. I also learned that I can listen to nothing but instrumental albums on road trips for hours and be perfectly content.
I learned that my daughter is smarter than me.
I also learned that I miss Memphis. Alot.
Posted: Dec 17, 2013 11:46 am

I learned that I need to retire sooner, hopefully.
Posted: Dec 17, 2013 12:08 pm

I learned all about periodontal disease.
Posted: Dec 17, 2013 10:42 pm | Edited by: jahna

Last week, I learned it's really easy and relatively cheap to take commuter trains from NYC to Philly. (about $25 each way per person.) Also, that Philly's Chinatown is superior to DC and Boston, and maybe -- but only in some ways -- NYC.

And, that all kinds of weirdos will go to see Goblin play.
Posted: Dec 19, 2013 10:03 am | Edited by: Uptight White

I realized that I didn't actually go out with a series of psycho chicks. That was merely a convenient dismissal of them for their reaction to my pathologically selfish and callous behavior.
Posted: Dec 19, 2013 11:26 am

I learned that a GMC Yukon XL 1500 makes a damn fine touring vehicle.
Posted: Dec 19, 2013 12:38 pm

That Etta James covers Alice Cooper's Only Women Bleed.
Posted: Dec 19, 2013 12:55 pm

that there are no depths that Bad Religion will not sink to
Posted: Dec 19, 2013 2:37 pm

I realized that I didn't actually go out with a series of psycho chicks. That was merely a convenient dismissal of them for their reaction to my pathologically selfish and callous behavior.

sounds like a useful lesson.
Posted: Dec 19, 2013 5:09 pm

I'm confused. Is this the "emo bands rule" thread?
Posted: Dec 19, 2013 10:59 pm

Curt, weve been friends since 1910... that Ped Egg vid just destroyed my most delicious breakfast!
Posted: Dec 20, 2013 11:49 am

I am very obviously not leaning anything, since I have broken more bones this year than another other year. That either means I am still reckless or I am getting early stages of osteoporosis. Something I thought would happen closer to my 70s, not my 40s.
Posted: Dec 20, 2013 12:15 pm

I am very obviously not leaning anything

Why can't we edit posts anymore? I am learning that I need to change leaning to learning, so I guess I did learn that this year!
Posted: Dec 20, 2013 2:02 pm

I found out "pishy" is Judeo-German for "piss".
Posted: Dec 20, 2013 3:14 pm | Edited by: tigerblinds

I learned that the Crystal Skulls were a well executed hoax by a questionable trader of ancient antiquities.
Posted: Dec 21, 2013 10:50 am

Speaking of Crystal Skulls...
I learned this morning that the Asian nightclub at the beginning of the second worst Indiana Jones movie is called "Club Obi Wan".
Posted: Dec 22, 2013 10:23 pm

i learned that being a Lions fan is a sad time.
Posted: Dec 23, 2013 11:19 am

I learned that November 22, 1963 was probably the worst day in history for Lions fans.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®