Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / If I owned a van from the 70's
Posted: Mar 8, 2005 5:59 am

I would get it all customized and commision this lady to paint a mural on it.

http://www.johannas-art.com/portraitsamples.htm
Posted: Mar 8, 2005 6:12 am

On the Edge of Seventeen...
Posted: Mar 8, 2005 6:32 am

[img]http://www.johannas-art.com/images/StevieAndPaul.jpg[/img]

It would be cooler if Paul had is make up on though.
Posted: Mar 8, 2005 6:44 am

i would get Melissa Ethridge, on a bicycle, sitting on the seatpost, with no seat, painted on my van.
Posted: Mar 8, 2005 6:45 am

Would she be wearing a wig?
Posted: Mar 8, 2005 6:54 am

Chicks are gonna flip when they see how tight you are with Stevie! You need a good line for when you pull up to red lights. Like this:" Yeah. I useta roadie for the Mac. We go way back. Actually Stevie and I had a thing for a while."
Posted: Mar 8, 2005 7:03 am

that is the best Nicks art i've seen all week!
Posted: Mar 8, 2005 7:03 am | Edited by: dale

I was at an art gallery party a couple of weeks ago and made some off handed crack about Stevie Nicks and two hipster/ex goth chicks totally flipped out on me. Stevie is embraced by all generations I guess.

I think if I really wanted to impress the foxy ladies in this town I would have to have Bob Seger and Kid Rock airbrushed on the side...Some sorta theme were Bob is passing the Detroit rock hero crown down to KID. It seems EVERY women over the age of 45 here has a partying with Bob Seger story (All I have is "me heckling the Seeg at the Roche Bar then throwing eggs at his yacht later in the evening" story and EVERY chick under the age of 35 has a partying with Kid Rock story (though I did heckle him off stage at a Port Huron show years ago).

The more I think about it a Stevie mural would probably just impress local dudes like this guy

http://www.johannas-art.com/JonAndStevie.jpg

I swear I see that guy at the corner store at least twice a week. Either that or he's a thrift store regular. One of the two.
Posted: Mar 8, 2005 6:03 pm

don't forget to have "Vantasy" airbrushed in script across the hood.
Posted: Mar 8, 2005 8:26 pm

A Chevy Van????
Posted: Mar 8, 2005 9:11 pm

"The Hate Van" or "The Van Man" would be your theme song.
Posted: Mar 8, 2005 9:39 pm

hey has anyone heard of that Van club outta Chicago..? i saw em on I-94 bunch of older black dudes with long CB antenaeaeaea...
Posted: Mar 9, 2005 3:07 am

would have an illustrated narrative of that Steve Miller song 'Take the Money and Run" painted on my 70's van, 1st panel would be bIllie Joe and Bobbie Sue gettin high and watchin the tube, then BobbieSue taking the money and runnin and the detective down in Texas Billie Mack would be after her ...all of this would be painted in airbrush and I would have some real wood separating each panel of action and then on the front hood would be a painting of Steve Miller's fat ass. WAAAy better than a Stevie Nicks van.
Posted: Mar 9, 2005 3:40 am

Some sorta theme were Bob is passing the Detroit rock hero crown down to KID.

i want a painting of this for my living room.
Posted: Mar 9, 2005 4:48 am | Edited by: dale

I heard "Chevy Van" on the radio today. The world needs more songs about nailing hot 70's California hitch-hiking teenage chicks. I'm going to work on one right now.
Posted: Mar 9, 2005 5:54 am | Edited by: eric o

Posted: Mar 9, 2005 6:06 am | Edited by: Don Ho

Eric,
You are in the islands. You are a guest in my world. You are currently in a fucking paradise so why are you spending so much time on the internet?
Posted: Mar 9, 2005 4:08 pm

this girl i used to date had the coolest '78 dodge tradesman van. it was green with a nice yellow/off green stripe/highlight thing wrapped around it. the interior was wood cabinetry with gold carpet. total 'stabbin' cabin'.

has anyone seen this movie "the van"?
Posted: Mar 9, 2005 4:20 pm

A fantasy is painted on the side of my rig
And on the eighth day God created me, can ya dig?
Posted: Mar 9, 2005 4:29 pm

Posted: Mar 9, 2005 5:40 pm

arman... yeah, a number of times! I think there are two "The Van"s though, are you talkin' the one with the "Straight Arrow"?

The moral of this story: if you get a tricked-out van with white shag in the back, hot bitches will wanna roll, even if you're a pimply-faced red-headed 18 year-old lightweight.
Posted: Mar 9, 2005 6:36 pm

the very one, co-staring danny devito. with the song "chevy van" CONSTANTLY in the background.
Posted: Mar 9, 2005 6:39 pm

I have a 70's van, and if it was anymore customized on the outside, the fucking tweenage hoods in my neighborhood would just tag the shit out of it.

But, it does have a dick washing station. Doesn't Sammy Johns mention that in "Chevy Van?"
Posted: Mar 9, 2005 6:47 pm

wait, brian, is yours the bronze "battlestar gallactica" looking thing always parked on western?
Posted: Mar 9, 2005 7:36 pm

check Myth #5

Is there nothing left to beleive in? It can't be a fake, it can't be!!!!
Posted: Mar 10, 2005 6:25 am

And on the roof I want Ted Nugent on the back of a buffalo shooting a flaming arrow into a new waver's face.
Posted: Mar 10, 2005 3:56 pm

every single one of you should have a van! isn't this boad for rockers? how the hell can you be a rocker without a van? mine's a 351 8-cylinder 1977 ford chateau.
Posted: Mar 10, 2005 3:57 pm

as of yet no vantast but i'm thinking of eventually going for a jungle/black panther scene. one mural on the side, one on the spare tire cover.
Posted: Mar 10, 2005 3:57 pm

vantasy
Posted: Mar 11, 2005 1:40 am

Arman:
Yes, it's often parked across the street from the Bottle or on Cortez. Todd sez it looks like a "moving Merit cigarette box." When it's actually moving, of course.
Posted: Mar 11, 2005 12:10 pm

dale, if you owned a van from the 70s, it wouldn't be surprising at all. duuuuuuuude.
Posted: Mar 11, 2005 2:37 pm

Everytime I look at those drawings of Stevie Nicks, I think of Louie sayin' in Pill Popper "So Let me give it to ya Stevie Nicks style, baby!"... Tooo damn funny!
Posted: Mar 12, 2005 1:37 am | Edited by: dale

dale, if you owned a van from the 70s, it wouldn't be surprising at all. duuuuuuuude.

Maybe I should trade in the salmon colored Grand Marquis??? Or keep the Grand marquis and buy a 70's van with the royalties I'll scam from the Catholic Boys single...Maybe I'll have it customize to some Wisconsin rocker theme. Have you all sitting around a table passing a bong (kinda like the reoccurring scene in "That 70's Show".)

Wisconsin Rockers that would have to be around that table included all the Mystery Girls, Richard Adventure, the Kellner siblings, Tony Sagger, Shaun of the Leg Hounds...etc..On the other side we'll have a tribute to the beer drinkers with Keeth AKE, Pat the Jerk etc...and on the back will be Brad X cooking up a bunch of brats. On the roof would have some Algoma rocker family tree. I would want the horn to consist of soundbites of Gary the Homeless guy talking about the Haskells.
Posted: Mar 12, 2005 1:54 am

How many people want portraits with Stevie Nicks?? Yikes!
Posted: Mar 12, 2005 5:13 am

You could hear my music coming out of many a van. Atleast you could in Canada.
Posted: Mar 12, 2005 5:28 am

If I owned a van from the 70's..... I'd probably drive around suburban neighborhoods offering little children candy and then steeling them.
Posted: Mar 12, 2005 6:25 am

But, it does have a dick washing station. Doesn't Sammy Johns mention that in "Chevy Van?"

I gave a girl a ride in my wagon
She crawled in and took control
She was tired 'cause her mind was a-draggin'
I said, get some sleep and dream of rock and roll

'Cause like a princess she was layin' there
Moonlight dancin' off her hair
She woke up and took me by the hand
She's gonna love me in my Chevy van
And that's all right with me

Her young face was like that of an angel
Her long legs were tanned and brown
Better keep your eyes on the road, son
Better slow this vehicle down

We made love in my Chevy van

I put her out in a town that was so small
You could throw a rock from end to end
A dirt-road main street, she walked off in bare feet
It's a shame I won't be passin' through again

We made love in my Chevy van

I washed my dick in the dick washing station
Finally one night I didn't have to turn to masturbation

I think that should answer your question.
Posted: Mar 12, 2005 8:15 pm

hands down , my all time favorite website...
http://www.fotoworks.ca/van_site/vans_main.htm
Posted: Mar 12, 2005 8:59 pm

"holy cow, it's PEPE AGAIN!"
Posted: Mar 12, 2005 10:14 pm

There was a van parked across from my old apartment that just sat there forever. It was a beater, but it had planets and stars painted all over it. We used to call it Van or Astrovan.
Posted: Mar 12, 2005 10:30 pm | Edited by: ed oblivian

My favorite picture was the guy sitting in the dark. in a folding lawn chair. Drinking a beer. The caption read thus:
"This is an old buddy of mine, Ed. He didn't have a van, but he knew how to party."
Posted: Mar 13, 2005 1:07 am

from that website, I'd say that guy has two main interests: vans, and breasts. truly a great site.
Posted: Mar 13, 2005 6:02 am

leftpeg, if you are speaking of a shitty minivan in memphis, i believe that was the guitar player for al green's church band.
Posted: Mar 13, 2005 9:22 pm

joe, that site should have it's own site!
Posted: Mar 13, 2005 9:27 pm

leftpeg, I know there's like an old, conversion van (blue) with stars and moons, and wierd sayings stickered all over, and sometimes he's got those blow up animals and guitars fastened to the top. Is that the same one?
I saw him arguing with the clerk at Omar's about how much he really paid for a lottery ticket. Cool dreads, but either dense or wouldn't let it go.
Posted: Mar 13, 2005 11:38 pm

Mad Max. remember Max's van/car deal..?? that painting ruled. Spaceships and lunar lanscapes never look bad on any van. Or Tupac airbrushed on your van and the other side..Notorious BIG.
Posted: Feb 2, 2006 4:49 am

If it doesn't have a wizard painted on the side is it truly a rockin' van?
Posted: Feb 2, 2006 5:26 am

Posted: Feb 2, 2006 5:29 am

Posted: Feb 2, 2006 4:46 pm

www.vannin.com. I got a 65 econoline now, cuz I'm selling my 2003 - 15 passenger, and I came across this sight lookin for parts. All they do is cruise around in van's and "party". They have a vannin' code of the road. All i need is a foot shaped gas pedal and I'm done.
Posted: Feb 2, 2006 4:47 pm

Posted: Feb 2, 2006 4:48 pm

Posted: Feb 2, 2006 4:51 pm

this is about what I have now, I just don't have it as tricked out. YET.
http://pages.cthome.net/rocka-rolla/pictures.html
Posted: Feb 2, 2006 4:52 pm

Nothing says punk rock like a kitten being surrounded by dolphins!
Posted: Feb 2, 2006 5:56 pm

Posted: Feb 2, 2006 5:57 pm

man, I got so many van pictures that'll blow some minds.
How do I post a picture?
hookorcrook
Posted: Feb 2, 2006 7:49 pm

Among other things, I'd really like a van with a Latino/Aztec style airbrushed mural of Abraham Lincoln riding a horse carrying a spear, and a scroll underneath with "For Score" written in olde english letters.
Posted: Feb 2, 2006 8:48 pm

Mine would have an airbrushed "Mt. Rushmore" scene, except instead of presidents, the heads would be Jack Klugman, Telly Savalas, Abe Vigoda, and William "Cannon" Conrad. In the back would be a soft-serve ice cream machine and a Presto burger.
Posted: Feb 2, 2006 8:49 pm

Mine would have an airbrushed "Mt. Rushmore" scene, except instead of presidents, the heads would be Jack Klugman, Telly Savalas, Abe Vigoda, and William "Cannon" Conrad. In the back would be a soft-serve ice cream machine and a Presto burger.

Y'all can fight over shotgun, I'm ridin' in the back!
Posted: Mar 8, 2006 4:56 am

So am I the only with a van that has a dick washing station?
Posted: Aug 2, 2006 6:40 pm

I have one of those backstage. Living in paradise has all kinds of emenities.
Posted: Aug 3, 2006 8:27 am

fucking tweenage hoods in my neighborhood would just tag the shit out of it.
always have a garage
Posted: Jan 10, 2007 6:53 am

hookorcrook
Posted: Jan 10, 2007 7:29 am

i remember a van thread on goner in like 2003, at which time i posted beth from the loudmouths' site http://www.rockinvan.com/

and relaying that our dream for the killer's kiss paddy wagon van was to have a sf mission tejano airbrush stylist paint a picture on the side of an aztlan warrior on horseback with the head of abraham lincoln and an unfurling banner reading "For Score". I'm probably still be only one who finds this funny. cualquier...
Posted: Jan 10, 2007 9:15 am

i remember a van thread on goner in like 2003, at which time i posted beth from the loudmouths' site

That pesky hack lost of a lot of the Goner early years. I do remember a paddy wagon conversation. When KK played Detroit I pulled up, saw the former paddy wagon in front of the bar and though "Yep, they're here." That was a great fucking set too.

How many van does Mr Arthur have these days.
Posted: Jan 11, 2007 8:47 pm

Posted: Sep 4, 2008 8:57 pm

Posted: Sep 4, 2008 9:56 pm | Edited by: skank police

remember a van thread on goner in like 2003, at which time i posted beth from the loudmouths' site

The six million dollar van!!!

This could be Stevie Nicks, who knows...but it's definitely what I'm getting on my van:

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f139/Remabuenning/0706081606.jpg
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 12:55 pm

This could be Stevie Nicks, who knows...but it's definitely what I'm getting on my van:

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f139/Remabuenning/0706081606.jpg

Is that figure on the right Mick Jagger or the snake boy from the movie, "Sssssss"?
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®