Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / who bought The Devo Hardcore vol 1 and 2 ?
Posted: Aug 1, 2013 3:51 pm

Besides me. Personally you dont need any more Devo! cuz this is the stuff!
Posted: Aug 1, 2013 9:51 pm

I'm going to soon. This is a case where I definitely think it's ok to buy the CD - you get both volumes for the price of the first volume on LP.
Posted: Aug 2, 2013 6:58 am

Essential! Can now get rid of those crappy CDRs (and it's cool they finally gave the year of each track).
Posted: Aug 2, 2013 8:50 am

I'm interested. I like Devo. Not sure what this is. I'm guessing it's devo a little more raw. How punk is it? I know I'm an idiot, but I like the narrow path. It would be too easy to just YouTube it or steal it. Please tell me it's Devo actually playing hard core. That's an instant buy.
Posted: Aug 2, 2013 9:33 am

How punk is it?
Please tell me it's Devo actually playing hard core

it is shit like this that reassures me that everyone is nice to you on here in the same way people are nice to the down-syndrome kid that sacks their groceries even though he just put the frozen turkey on top of the grapes.
Posted: Aug 2, 2013 9:38 am

Fair enough.
Posted: Aug 2, 2013 9:59 am

The only way I can defend myself is by saying that I rarely cheat. I honestly try hard not to. I'm not as knowledgeable as you. I've done the best I can. You can hate and throw barbs all you want. I'm the same dude in person that I am on the board.I refuse to shit on people because they don't know every minute detail about a cool band. Compare me to a downs syndrome kid all you want. It's entertainment dude, Get some perspective.
Posted: Aug 2, 2013 10:04 am

haha, back in high school
Posted: Aug 2, 2013 11:32 am

Art rock.
Posted: Aug 2, 2013 11:52 am

I totally want this for my birthday. Going to have to tell the world on fb in hopes of getting it...
Posted: Aug 2, 2013 1:55 pm

don't worry, Cole, that dude got killed by a friend cause he was such an asshole.

hardcore devo is the earliest, rawest recordings.
Posted: Aug 2, 2013 2:20 pm

twisted stuff!
Posted: Aug 2, 2013 3:13 pm

she didn't know i was a midget
can u take it!
Posted: Aug 2, 2013 3:15 pm

Cole check it, postprepost punks unite
Posted: Aug 2, 2013 4:05 pm

Beef is awesome. I'm thinking "If Mark isn't even giving me shit, than fuck this guy!" Than I start thinking " wait a sec, he's just trying to prove the point that everyone is nice to the downs syndrome guy". One of the best board posters ever.
Posted: Aug 2, 2013 10:22 pm

It is the best Devo stuff and includes demos of shit that was later rerecorded for their official major label releases. Volume 2 has 4 songs that weren't included on the 2 CD comps that came out in the early 90s. The first volume was released on vinyl as a French boot around that time. Agree with Sal the CD version looks extra nice.

I still like the idea of some A&R bro listening go these tracks and thinking that Eno should produce the first LP for Warner Bros. Gerry Casale is my personal sarcastic nihilistic beat you over the head with a thesaurus hero. Tons of his songs and him singing shit on here makes it real nice for me.

This was the soundtrack to Dutch Herc and I driving around Kzoo in our shitty sub compacts and eating $.39 Hot 'n' Now burgers. And Country Teasers. Best times.
Posted: Aug 3, 2013 10:38 pm

Yeah, those have been around for quite awhile.
Posted: Aug 3, 2013 11:02 pm

I always wished I could like Devo more than I do. I love the idea of them, but other than hearing one or two songs every now and then, the music just don't click for me. Just sounds too goofy, I guess. Reading about the early demos online before, I got the impression it'd be maybe more faster and louder (ala Dow Jones, maybe?) and was a bit dissapointed it wasn't. Still, I'd like to see them, one day.

And fuck off, Eunonymous.
Posted: Aug 4, 2013 12:20 am

Cole is a friendly dude and doesn't pose like he has a P.hD. in punk rock music history. To me, that puts him in like the 89th percentile of goner board members.
Posted: Aug 4, 2013 1:39 am

just listen to CHANGO, sober, before going to bed and your homework is done...then.. you are late for school cuz daddy gave up trying to wake you up.
Posted: Aug 4, 2013 1:06 pm

the down-syndrome kid that sacks their groceries even though he just put the frozen turkey on top of the grapes.

i have one of these at my grocery store and i always high-five him.
Posted: Aug 6, 2013 1:05 pm

ULTRACORE all the way!
Posted: Aug 7, 2013 1:40 am

i need a chick... devo!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®