Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Legionaire's Disease Band
Posted: Jun 27, 2013 2:20 pm

"Rather See You Dead" is one of my favorite punk songs ever. The description above (here on the Goner site) says "Texas Punk BRIALLIANCE with Bobby Soxx just killing it. MEAN! This is not pop punk! From 1979!" Soxx didn't have anything to do with this group though, right? He was from Dallas, they were from Houston. Just something I've been wondering about but keep forgetting to post.
Posted: Jun 27, 2013 10:04 pm

I have a copy of the 10" that came out on Lunar Lab. The liner notes about the band seem to be a work of fiction compared to the articles Mssr. Beef provided.

The vocals remind me of Johnny Rotten with a southern accent in lieu of a cockney one. "Downtown" is my fave.
Posted: Jun 28, 2013 9:47 am

great band yes from houston. one of many great houston bands from this time. bobby soxx (dallas) not involved.

here is a video I put up on the youtube a few years ago
Posted: Jul 10, 2013 3:38 pm

great band.

Verbal Abuse a Bay Area band. Not sure if he's still at it, but a few years ago they were back again.
Posted: Jul 10, 2013 6:09 pm

they just played in Phx with MDC (Verbal Abuse that is)

besides Nicki dont know who else is in it or where he's living
Posted: Jul 12, 2013 5:33 pm

J Walter Wolfe on guitar, one of the first people I met in TX in 86. Verbal Abuse started as a Houston band and moved to the bay area. Nikki was never in Legionnaires Disease, he was just being quoted in the article.
Posted: Jul 12, 2013 5:34 pm

Ahh I see he played a couple of shows with them in 88, I stand corrected internets.
Posted: Jul 12, 2013 9:01 pm | Edited by: Mark Beef

in that interview Nicki (Nikki is the dude in Motley Crue) states quite plainly that Legionaires Dusease was the first band he was ever in

no idea if he was lying or what but that is what he is quoted as saying
Posted: Jul 13, 2013 10:14 am

holy shit it really looks like he's missing a leg.
Posted: Jul 26, 2013 10:02 pm

Legionaire's Disease drummer Craig was also in The Fuck-Ups. He has since passed on.

Their singer-screamer Jerry Anomie now lives in Northern Cali. He bit my gf on the ankle once.

Had an original copy of the classic Rather See You Dead record. Bought it minus sleeve. Sold it for ten bux.

Saw a 2013 reissue copy a few weeks ago.
Posted: Jul 28, 2013 10:50 pm

Oh shit, yeah, my fugup. Sorry bout that, but still one chunk of perfect Texas punk. Not involving mr Soxxxxx. Also gotta restock.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®