Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / bobby blue bland is a goner
Posted: Jun 24, 2013 2:48 pm

Posted: Jun 24, 2013 3:24 pm

incredible voice, and his best songs are unbeatable.

R.I.P.
Posted: Jun 24, 2013 5:18 pm

RIP His throat was un-fucking-touchable. I remember the first times I heard his music, being so blown away, and I still am. Great people get old and sick, but this one... crushes me regardless. Seemed like such a sweet guy.
Posted: Jun 24, 2013 5:49 pm

listened to two steps from the blues today on the tail end of a road trip. a fucking landmark recording. RIP.
Posted: Jun 24, 2013 10:45 pm

No one else like him. A real stylist. Never played an instrument, just sang.

Glad to see a major newspaper mentioned him. Rest easy.
Posted: Jun 25, 2013 8:45 am

2 hours of Bobby Bland on WEVL Wed. Night 10 to Midnight.
Posted: Jun 25, 2013 12:59 pm

He was a neighbor of mine growing up, but for years we assumed that his tour bus driver lived there because we couldn't imagine a legend like BBB living in among us (he was on the road performing most of the week, but usually home for Sunday dinners). I always felt he was unfairly overshadowed by BB King, even though Bland was more of a soul and R&B guy. I am glad I saw him perform at the Memphis BBQ Fest a few years back. RIP.
Posted: Jun 25, 2013 4:09 pm

Untouchable at his best. RIP.
Posted: Jun 26, 2013 4:16 pm

Untouchable at his best. RIP.

Damn straight.
Posted: Jun 27, 2013 4:35 pm

Big loss
Posted: Jul 10, 2013 3:32 pm

He was the black folks' BB King.

Seriously, could ANYBODY sing like him?
Posted: Jul 10, 2013 6:14 pm

He was the black folks' BB King.

Funny you say this. I went and saw him years ago and I was the "white guy" in the audience. And he was fantastic! And I was very under dressed...
Posted: Jul 11, 2013 5:35 am

the three dudes that sit on the corner in "do the right thing": robin harris name drops him and it's hilarious.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®