Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / mellow gold.
Posted: Apr 6, 2013 10:06 pm

i love this album! it was a year before innernet was rad!
"pay no mind, i sleep in slime...."
Posted: Apr 7, 2013 11:44 am

i have still never heard this album. "loser" was one of the most offensive things i'd ever heard when it came out. b-boy 4 vida.
Posted: Apr 7, 2013 1:40 pm

well besides "loser" being played over and over..i dug alot of the other songs n shit. Temple of the Dog is on my list of killer shit.
Posted: Apr 7, 2013 3:42 pm

Soul Sucking Jerk was my cut of choice.
Posted: Apr 7, 2013 7:15 pm

Mutations is a more golden mellow
Posted: Apr 7, 2013 10:54 pm

I saw Beck open for The Leaving Trains at the Chameleon in SF just before "Loser" broke. He sang a funny song about buying Satan a taco and was easy to talk to. I'm pretty cool.
Posted: Apr 8, 2013 8:49 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

Yes, the 90's were better than right now. I concur. 90's Beck was better than new millenium Beck.
Posted: Apr 8, 2013 3:47 pm

40,000 years of engrams finally caught up with Campbell, eh?
Posted: Apr 8, 2013 4:47 pm

I thought this was about the K-Tel comp.
Posted: Apr 8, 2013 5:35 pm

Didn't he use Jesco White dancing in one of his videos from this record?
Posted: Apr 8, 2013 9:30 pm

i saw beck at pine knob outside of detroit, was kinda cool, except ben folds five sorry ass had to open...oh, and sean lennons band cibo mato was there as well. lots of frat boys were toooooo excited when LOSER came on.
Posted: Apr 9, 2013 11:34 am

I vastly prefer Gordy's Gold.
Posted: Apr 9, 2013 1:34 pm

Mackenna's Gold

Posted: Apr 9, 2013 1:38 pm

Ulee's Gold
Posted: Apr 9, 2013 2:14 pm

When I was a kid I interviewed Tae Won Yu from Kicking Giant...we are talking 15. He is credited with discovering both Beck and Liz Phair. He told me that Beck is a cool guy, will always be a cool guy....and in so many words he said that Liz Phair was a status seeking diva.

I liked Becks early folk stuff and I liked Mellow Gold okay...but I'm sure the production value on that record sounds dated now.
Posted: Apr 9, 2013 2:20 pm

credited by who?
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®