Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Thumbs DOWN!
Posted: Apr 4, 2013 2:34 pm

Roger Ebert is a Goner.
Posted: Apr 4, 2013 2:46 pm | Edited by: Seamus

He's still breathing.

Edit... no he is not. That was quick.
Posted: Apr 4, 2013 3:02 pm

Ah, man. RIP, Roger.
Posted: Apr 4, 2013 3:31 pm

Damn. I wasn't crazy about his taste in movies, but he was a GREAT writer.
Posted: Apr 4, 2013 4:25 pm

I always liked that he was a boob man.

"Ever since I became aware of them...I've considered full and pendulous breasts the most appealing visual of the human anatomy."

RIP!
Posted: Apr 4, 2013 6:41 pm

Posted: Apr 5, 2013 9:22 am

Yeah he wrote some Russ Meyer classics...Beyond the Valley of The Dolls for One...actually he was cool as shit...but nobody has been talking about the realy cool stuff....

But have you seen footage from him this past year? I guess they tied his vocal chords to a robot voice box or something...it's freaking amazing and nuts.
Posted: Apr 5, 2013 11:47 am

Here's a link to his screenplay for Who Killed Bambi? There is also a video clip with it where Russ Meyer tells Jonathan Ross that Malcolm McLaren set punk back 22 years by being such a greedy bastard.
http://blogs.suntimes.com/ebert/2010/04/who_killed_bambi_-_a_screenpla .html
Posted: Apr 5, 2013 12:51 pm

I hated that uptight Gene Siskel when I was a kid, Ebert at least had a sense of humor. His writing was great. RIP.
Posted: Apr 5, 2013 12:53 pm

pretty much the last critic ever. There are not any critics (of film, music, books, tv, anything) that will have ANY impact on pop culture or any impact in anything ever again. We can thank blog culture and letting everybody have a voice, regardless of merit or credibility, for killing the critic. There will never be another critic, whose name will be recognizable to so many, ever again.
Posted: Apr 5, 2013 1:25 pm

damn, vionel. i've been thinking the same thing about a LOT of things lately. i always have, but lately more than ever. you should come hang out so we can be miserable and curse the world together.

R.I.P.
Posted: Apr 5, 2013 2:24 pm

you should come hang out so we can be miserable and curse the world together.

Oh, you two would be fucking GREAT together!
Posted: Apr 5, 2013 4:22 pm

A favorite part of the Russ Meyer biography, Big Bosoms and Square Jaws: The Biography of Russ Meyer, King of the Sex Film, was when he was describing bringing on his new writing partner and all of the various types of breasts that existed. He made a point of mentioning that the large, droopy boobs were the preference of his fellow breast man in residence, Roger Ebert. RIP.
Posted: Apr 5, 2013 9:24 pm

Siskel and Ebert should reunite and ghost write movie reviews.
Posted: Apr 6, 2013 8:04 am

My "Beyond the Valley..." DVD deluxe set was a smart investment.
Posted: Apr 6, 2013 8:41 am

Ebert's commentary is the best ever.
Posted: Apr 6, 2013 1:49 pm

you should come hang out so we can be miserable and curse the world together.

Oh, you two would be fucking GREAT together!

I'd make him listen to KISS
Posted: Apr 6, 2013 4:32 pm

Werner Herzog was interviewed about Roger Ebert on NPR yesterday. It was pretty great:

We talked about being poets... as a poet you must know among who you are living - you must know the trends of the time. I said to him, you must watch the Anna Nicole Smith Show, as vulgar as it may look... And I said to him, watch Wrestlemania, because there seems to be a new form of drama emerging, a little bit like ancient Greek drama... and I said, watch Wrestlemania, there is something emerging which might be important - do not close your eyes - the poet must not avert his eyes. And he started to watch Anna Nicole Smith...

And did he avert his eyes?

No, he did not.

Well worth the listen: http://www.cbc.ca/day6/blog/2013/04/05/werner-herzog-remembers-the-goo d-soldier-of-cinema-roger-ebert/
Posted: Apr 8, 2013 3:49 pm

Is Rex Reed still alive? Is there any justice?
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®