Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / David Vaught AKA Jon Wayne starring in his own Texas Funeral?
Posted: Mar 21, 2013 5:54 pm

My friend Bryan from Mississippi works with Jon Wayne's bassist Timmy Turlock. Timmy told him that David Vaught died last night. Anybody got anything?

Posted: Mar 21, 2013 6:14 pm

OK...I love that record. I play it for my redneck friends who like it for all the wrong reasons. I need info. So we know who they were? The bassist lives in Ms? Where? This David guy is Jon Wayne? I have no answers, only more questions.
Posted: Mar 21, 2013 6:15 pm

Posted: Mar 21, 2013 9:34 pm

I hope this isn't true. I talked to him about a Gonerfest appearance a while back but we couldn't afford the flights and all.

This album is one of my favorite works of art.
Posted: Mar 21, 2013 10:45 pm

abbu dabi dy!! hope not, would love to see jwf!
Posted: Mar 22, 2013 10:32 am

That would be some bummer shit... NO GO diggie DIE, goddammit!
Posted: Mar 22, 2013 10:53 am

True. Here's the page from the studio he worked out of... Thank you Mr Vaught. Counting Crows and Lone Justice and Toad The Wet Sprocket credits. Jon Wayne trumps all!

http://www.studioexpresso.com/profiles/DavidVaught.htm
Posted: Mar 22, 2013 10:57 am

Pancreatic cancer. Fuck.
Posted: Mar 22, 2013 11:00 am

Bummer. I really didn't know who they were. RIP Mr.Wayne. I'll be listening to that record for the rest of my life.
Posted: Mar 22, 2013 12:42 pm

Me, too.
Posted: Mar 22, 2013 3:59 pm

Very sad. One of the punkest records ever. RIP
Posted: Mar 22, 2013 8:23 pm

You know what sucks? EVERYTHING. FTW.
Posted: Mar 22, 2013 8:41 pm

Bummer. It's remarkable how life can suck in so many different ways.
Posted: Mar 22, 2013 10:25 pm

Sucks. One of my fave records of all time.
Posted: Mar 24, 2013 6:48 am

Man, that blows. RIP. That record is awesome.
Posted: Mar 24, 2013 8:39 am

Yip.
Posted: Mar 25, 2013 4:12 am

That record was hotter than a half fucked fox in a forest fire.
Faders down. RIP
Posted: Mar 26, 2013 3:51 pm

look out louisiana, look out fresno... rip.
Posted: Mar 27, 2013 5:53 pm

Got the lps back in at the store. Thank you Third Man for repressing it. If you don't have it, you should. Study the wonder that is Jon Wayne Texas Funeral.
Posted: Mar 27, 2013 8:03 pm

If you don't have it, you should.

been wanting this since crucialdude played it for me quite a few years ago. second time i've mentioned him on this board today. weird.

R.I.P.
Posted: Mar 27, 2013 8:47 pm

You can't imagine... I heard it in maybe 86, rememberred it but couldn't find anything out about it... it was like a dream! Then got the Cargo/Fistpuppet issue in the 90s. When Goner opened we would do orders with Cargo hat were just the Jon Wayne cd (lp was out of print). "Don't you want anything else in our catalog?" NOPE!

Ha ha.

There's a 2nd album, too, - Two Graduated Jiggers- only on cd. not as good, has it's moments and also has "Texas Assonance," courteen minutes of heavily processed guitars (?) simulating barnyard sounds. Whoo!
Posted: Mar 28, 2013 8:31 pm

I have the fist puppet cd. Awesome. Listened to the Jiggers record yesterday. It's good but different. I heard Rodney Cowell on NPR with Alison Krause today and it reminded me of Jerry's story.
Halarious.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®