Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / NCAA 2013 Tournament bracket
Posted: Mar 12, 2013 10:59 pm

Well, i finally figured out a sure fire weiner by doing lots of adding, subtracting, multiplying, bracketologizing, and things of that nature. So even though i know who's going to win, i still want to play the Goner bracket. When will this get started?
Posted: Mar 12, 2013 11:13 pm

Well selection Sunday is still a few days away, I would guess at some point after that and before Thursday
Posted: Mar 12, 2013 11:15 pm

I'm not going with Baylor this year. The math just didn't add up...
Posted: Mar 18, 2013 2:42 pm

Getting it together now I think...
Posted: Mar 18, 2013 2:43 pm

kentucky looks pretty good
Posted: Mar 18, 2013 3:58 pm

HA!
Posted: Mar 18, 2013 7:36 pm

Gaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!! March Madness!!!!!
Posted: Mar 18, 2013 7:40 pm

Tourney details in goner section
Posted: Mar 19, 2013 12:07 pm

Posted: Mar 21, 2013 3:43 pm

"kentucky looks pretty good" Wow! You guys were right about CaliSorry. He's a total Fuckshow. UK fans wish Tubby was still the coach. The Gophers made it. Did you catch the uniforms from Notre Dame and UM Wolverines? What's going on with that? You have to watch some of these games with sunglasses on. Those players don't have a say in regards to the uniforms they wear. The Ole Miss win over UF was CRAZINGS!! Zags are not worthy of a 1 seed. There is a lot of really bad seeding going on. It's been a wild season.
Posted: Mar 21, 2013 5:22 pm

yeah, Michigan uniforms aren't even maize. They're YELLOW. Bad choice. I'd lose to Indiana too in those uniforms.
Posted: Mar 22, 2013 12:43 pm

Harvard?
Posted: Mar 22, 2013 1:04 pm

It is MADNESS!! It's snowing here in Seattle, it wasn't supposed to. Zags almost lost. And that come from behind win from Marquette over Davidson? Wow!! CRAZINGS!! The Ducks crushed the Cowboys. The Ducks should be a 4 seed. Come on 'Nasty Bearcats!! PUKE SUCK!!!
"Harvard?" First win ever in the F64.
Posted: Mar 22, 2013 10:33 pm

Go Tigers!
Posted: Mar 23, 2013 10:19 pm

Shockers!
Posted: Mar 24, 2013 11:47 pm

tigerblindslmaf (loud mouth ass fucker).....badgers fucked my bracket.

UK are a bunch of crybaby jambonies....
Posted: Mar 25, 2013 7:19 am

I was drunk jabroni!
Posted: Mar 25, 2013 6:43 pm

Big TEN lookin' good.

good luck Goners with your brackets!!!
Posted: Apr 8, 2013 5:47 pm

Let's dance!! The Butler/Marquette game was fun to watch. That coach for Marquette is quite the porker isn't he? The Michigan win over Kansas was beautiful. That hell mary 3 ball that dropped to send it in OT, CRAZINGS!!!!! The Michigan/Syracuse game was UGLY!! 'Cuse would have won that game if their shots would have gone in. There was a force field around the rim for that team. The LOU/Puke game was hardcore when Ware broke his leg. They bring out the board. Players/fans crying, tears all the way around. Yikes! The madness is finally coming to an end.
Posted: Apr 9, 2013 9:27 am | Edited by: Razor A Go Go

I forgot to lay on my horn on the way to work this morning. I was hoping to wake up still-drunk crackers who kept me up til 3 on a school night. I don't really care about basketball especially when they don't even give us a surprise day off for being awesome at it. Someone wake me when the Hilltopers Cinderella the whole thing.
Posted: Apr 9, 2013 11:12 am

Louisville: A basketball program in search of a university.
Posted: Apr 9, 2013 11:31 am

Well we din't graduate intellectual heavyweights such as Richie Farmer and Ernie Fletcher but at least we have black people here.
Posted: Apr 9, 2013 12:25 pm

Yeah no shit...what kind of fucking twerp are you Jesse?...First succesful hand transplant in the world done at UofL...that's just in recent memory, but I'm fucking hungover from partying my ass off...Sorry we aint University of Florida, now there is an academic powerhouse! Fucking douche.
Posted: Apr 9, 2013 12:45 pm

you guys are the ugliest cheerleaders Ive ever seen
Posted: Apr 9, 2013 1:11 pm | Edited by: Razor A Go Go

Yes. I have loads of school spirits. Loads. I am extremely proud to be a part of an institutional that conspired with a multinational corporation to engage in union busting and allegedly acted as a funnel for campaign contributions to the worst senator in memory. When our alum are not impregnating Anna Nicole Smith, they are giving it back to world their questionable indie rock on your favorite NPR stations. L1C4!
Posted: Apr 9, 2013 1:29 pm

Nice Razor. You know the year in highschool I found out I was moving from D.C. to Ohio, I spent 6 months telling my teachers to basically fuck off...they loved me, and I had a blast...but I also got straight Fs. I eventually got my head out of my ass but my GPA was still fucked for college. Basically my options were Wright State Film School or go to UofL on probation...and I chose UofL and actually paid out of state tuition the first year....after being on the seven year plan I graduated with a Bachelors in Humanities, and I'm just happy to be able to suck another party out of all that tuition I paid, and I plan on partying for the rest of my life. Thank you and goodnight.
Posted: Apr 9, 2013 5:52 pm

If college programs could be bought and sold like professional franchises, Louisville would be worth $291 million, nearly $32 million more than second-best Kansas and one of just five college-basketball teams worth more than $200 million.

Brewer calculated intrinsic valuations for 100 top Division I programs. Among other factors, the study examined each team's revenues and expenses and made cash-flow adjustments, risk assessments and growth projections.

Louisville's advantage continues to be the revenue it draws from its home arena, the 22,000-seat KFC Yum Center, which it began playing in during the 2010-11 season.
Posted: Apr 9, 2013 5:53 pm

KFC Yum Center

I rest my case.
Posted: Apr 9, 2013 6:32 pm

SENATE GOP LEADER DELAYS CONFIRMATION VOTE SE HE CAN GO TO A BASKETBALL GAME
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) does not much like it when the Senate is getting things done. Indeed, the frequency of filibusters more than doubled after McConnell became his party's leader in the Senate. But, as Bloomberg reports, the Minority Leader has now outdone his own ability to come up with reasons for the Senate to avoid doing its job:

The Senate was supposed to vote this afternoon on the nomination of Patty Shwartz as a judge on the 3rd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals. That vote has been postponed until tomorrow because Minority Leader Mitch McConnell has other plans: Kentucky's senior senator will be in the sea of red at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta as his University of Louisville Cardinals take on the University of Michigan Wolverines for the men's NCAA basketball championship. . . .

Why the schedule foul-up? On March 31, Louisville knocked off Duke University to qualify for the Final Four, setting up a potential conflict for McConnell between the Senate vote and the championship game. He has been a frequent face in the crowd at the team's NCAA tournament games this year.

A senior Democratic aide said the schedule was adjusted in the expectation that if Louisville made it to the final round, McConnell would want to go to the game. McConnell spokesman Don Stewart pointed out that the schedule change was made before Louisville won its Final Four game against Wichita State University on Saturday and the finals match-up was known.

For the record, it takes 51 votes to confirm a judge, and only 60 to break the filibusters that are now ubiquitous under McConnell's leadership and the Senate contains 99 other senators who don't think that attending a basketball game is more important than their day job. Even excusing McConnell's decision to place his personal needs ahead of the country, there is no good reason why the Senate cannot simply confirm Shwartz in McConnell's absence.

KFC Yum Center? I'm surprised it's not the Papa John's Pizza Palace. Kentucky is filled with no talent Republicans that love stroking their own egos while getting nothing done. Thanks for all the gridlock jerkface!! I'm convinced that Mitch is a 1,000 year old vampire that drinks baby blood for breakfast every morning.
Posted: Apr 10, 2013 10:39 am

Actualy Louisville is a fucking "island in Kentucky" to quote Pitino. We kept Kentucky out of the Confederacy, and we aint Republican.

What exactly are you jealous haters driving at?

yeah KFC Yum Center is mostly bullshit, but consider what it's like seeing a champinship team at an arena with a beer stand every 12 feet charging NCAA prices (about half of what NBA charges)....sorry you don't got one schmucks. I usually wind up in the corporate box seats, but I'm local.
Posted: Apr 10, 2013 10:47 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

But yeah college basketball is religion here so what?...every year it's either UK or UofL putting the most money into their teams.....the President of the University only cares about sports and research programs...all the academic clout comes from graduate programs.

I've worked at UofL since I was 19...I'm biased......regardless, don't give me this shit. What University doesn't have it's share of ethical dilemmas? It's a fucking business, it's big money.

Also, McConnel is at all the UK Championship shit also...why is this even an issue? Fucking political scumbags will take cheap publicity wherever they can find it.
Posted: Apr 10, 2013 11:31 am

Papa John's has the naming rights to the football stadium, Yum! Brands to the basketball and downtown entertainment arena. That opens a whole other can of worms as far as TIF, corruption in the fair board, etc.

And please, do not forget all the no-talent Democrats. Kentucky is full of them, too.
Posted: Apr 10, 2013 12:08 pm

you two cheerleaders are still ugly
Posted: Apr 10, 2013 1:11 pm

"What exactly are you jealous haters driving at?" Hate? I'm HillBilly born and bred. I'm proud. I miss home, I miss the Kentucky I grew up in. It's become Teabagger Nation. Do the no-talent Democrats have politcal seats? How many Democrats have had Senate seats in the last 30 years? Didn't KY go red for the 2000, 2004, 2008, 2012 Presidential elections? So much for the "BlueGrass". You're right, Louisville is a historic liberal oasis. Unfortunatly it's not Frankfort, where the real change needs to happen. I'm not defending the "no-talent Democrats". I just think that the voters in KY need to vote in anybody BUT the right-wing pigeons from outer space. My dream Dance? Morehead State VS WKU
Posted: Apr 10, 2013 1:37 pm

I don't know how old you are, but the KY I grew up in has always had scoundrels, crooks and liars as politicians. The last of the "good" national KY Dems are conservative by today's standards in a lot of ways, and the KDP has been just standing there w/ Bill Clinton's dick in its hand well over a decade. Its leadership is abysmal, and it is terrible at setting people up as national candidates, and it deserves whatever it gets. Practically the only state legislator worth a goddamn is not only a woman but a feminist and a Jew, and we'll see how far those things will get you in KY politics.

Mark, I'm beautiful inside and out, but if it makes you feel better to play the wiseass, you just go right ahead and do it, because you're beautiful too.

Go Hilltoppers!
Posted: Apr 10, 2013 2:15 pm

Speaking of basketball. Let's here it for the women.
(5) Louisville 60
(1) UConn 93

OUCH!!
Posted: Apr 10, 2013 2:42 pm

....aaaaand everyone can go back to not caring whatsoever about women's sports again for however many more years.
Posted: Apr 10, 2013 3:21 pm

I dont care about men's sports either if it makes you feel better.
Posted: Apr 10, 2013 3:26 pm

We have a lot in common. I don't care about men.
Posted: Apr 10, 2013 4:53 pm

Posted: Apr 10, 2013 5:51 pm

There's actually a more recent scandal brewing with all that - namely, Sen. McConnell using legislative aides to conduct oppositional research on Judd so that he can attack her based on health problems she has had. So not is he a terrible moneygrubbing sexist fuck who thinks its okay to stigmatize mental illness, he is using tax dollars for campaign activities. I hope that fucker goes down. Too bad the tea crackers didn't care anything about him until we elected a black president...
Posted: Apr 10, 2013 6:19 pm

and he went to that final MI-LOU game instead of going to his fucking job
Posted: Apr 11, 2013 1:12 pm | Edited by: tigerblinds

I don't know...Louisville aint Kentucky. To generalize I'd say that they hate us and we hate them.

My Dad grew up on the Kentucky, Tennessee boarder...right smack dab on the mason dixon...I lived there for 3 years as a kid....I got one word: (real fuckin) SCARY!!!!

Yeah the teabaggers are a constant embarassment.....there are more gun nuts here than anywhere else...that about sums that up.
Posted: Apr 11, 2013 1:15 pm

in other words I'm all about some hillbilly cracker agriculture pride, but I don't have many relatives living outside of Louisville anymore.

Louisville is nothing like the rest of Kentucky...
Posted: Apr 11, 2013 1:28 pm

right smack dab on the mason dixon

That is both literally and metaphorically impossible.
Posted: Apr 11, 2013 1:42 pm

We kept Kentucky out of the Confederacy, and we aint Republican.

The whole UK and UofL rivalry was always racialy fueled until UK got Tubby as coach. Their fans were pissed, but the icing on the cake was when he won a championship for them. It's not like UofL is so much better, but we started letting black players on our B-ball team like 5 years before UK. UK on the other hand, had notorious Coach Adolf Rupp, who vowed to never coach a black player and he never did, and he didn't retire until like '78. Not to mention UK's legacy of corporate kick backs and being busted for point shaving. However corrupt UofL is, we pale by comparison to UK. UofL was also one of the first schools in the U.S. to let women attend.

Anyway the Lexington-Louisville rivalry has it roots in the Civil War...it was the Louisville representatives that refused to let Kentucky join the Confederacy. When the Confederates made it up Lexington they had a parade and let them stay in their houses....when they got 40 miles outside of Louisville, the "liberal" Louisville politicians got on the horn and forced General Grant to take action.

I mean I love Kentucky, on my Dad's side I have a Confederate soldier ancestor buried with his wife and three kids in a State Park in Western Kentucky...I'm also descendant of Squier Boone, Daniel Boone's brother, on my Mom's side. My family were here from the start and helped settle this region and I have a well established history here, my family were living in Germantown when it was nothing but Germans, and my Gros Papa was the master carpenter..he did alot of the ornate carvings found in that area and being trained in Texas his style was distinct...that's why I settled down here too..

This is my home.
Posted: Apr 11, 2013 1:43 pm

That is both literally and metaphorically impossible.

Ok, well Hazel, Kentucky is on the Tennesse and Kentucky boarder....is that not the Mason Dixon?

I forgot you all are serious fact checkers.
Posted: Apr 11, 2013 1:47 pm

I thought the Mason-Dixon was the line that divided the "north" from the "south"...my bad, I went to a public university.
Posted: Apr 11, 2013 1:55 pm

Posted: Apr 11, 2013 2:47 pm | Edited by: tigerblinds

Looking at all the bullshit webpages by cry baby inbred Kentucky fans trying to deny that Rupp was an overt racist.....

I got a big fetish for brunette UK phillies, as I'm dating one...but check out all the turds who would like to rewrite basketball history.

http://www.interbasket.net/news/4546/2009/09/former-hoops-star-recalls -adolph-rupps-racism/

And actually by my best estimation, his racist reputation was due to the blatantly racist shit he said in interviews more than anything else.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®