Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / fall guy appreciation thread
Posted: Mar 4, 2013 10:43 pm

lee "the unknown stuntman" majors was a badass no matter what...

man, that heather thomas!
Posted: Mar 5, 2013 7:07 am

Got the picture sleeve 45, Fuck The World!
Posted: Mar 5, 2013 7:08 am

PS Rock Hudson's wristwatch.
Posted: Mar 5, 2013 7:36 am

The Day the Reindeer Died!!!
Posted: Mar 5, 2013 10:52 am

Howie!
Posted: Mar 5, 2013 11:05 am

Could be the biggest reason for why I'm sexist without even trying, or so they say.
Posted: Mar 5, 2013 11:15 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

I got this thing for helicopters, sitting in helicopters at air shows, playing helicopter video games, watching reruns of Airwolf crossing over into my Ernest Borgnine fetish. When I was a kid my best friends dad flew helicopters and everyday they would land in the golf course behind our house to drop him off after work, highlight of my preschool days. This television theme has alot of helicopters in it, along with alot of other notable shit. I especially like the aeriel shots in the opening 20 seconds taken from what I can only assume was a helicopter.
Posted: Mar 5, 2013 11:23 am

I got this thing for helicopters

it's your Mom.
Posted: Mar 5, 2013 11:27 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

No it's my Mom that made me have to sneek around and spend the night at friends houses to watch Fall Guy...dang feminist dang Tipper Gore.
Posted: Mar 5, 2013 11:35 am

Maybe helicopters are at the root of my Ernest Borgnine fetish I don't know...but there were no helicopters in Wild Bunch. I even still like that painful stoner band Helicopters from Sweden or wherever.
Posted: Mar 6, 2013 2:36 pm

Fall Guy equalled tons of work for stunt guys, that's for sure. I watched it.
Posted: Mar 6, 2013 5:30 pm

Also, appreciation for "Hooper" and "the Stunt Man."
Posted: Mar 6, 2013 9:45 pm

Posted: Mar 6, 2013 10:06 pm

bj and the bear?

HA!

good show but no comparison.

colt seavers would kick bj mckae's ass 10 times over.

plus, howie's better comic relief than bear in my (humble) book.

PLUS, no heather thomas!!! (or markie post for that matter)
Posted: Mar 6, 2013 10:09 pm

Also, appreciation for "Hooper" and "the Stunt Man."

shit yeah!

Posted: Mar 7, 2013 10:31 am

bj and the bear?

HA!

good show but no comparison.

Yeah, I know...
Posted: Mar 7, 2013 12:59 pm

Greg Evigan really shone on My 2 Dads.
Posted: Mar 7, 2013 2:45 pm

Fall Guy equalled tons of work for stunt guys, that's for sure

Most memorable episode of Donahue I ever saw was the one where he had Indiana Jone's stunt man on...
Posted: Mar 7, 2013 3:14 pm

Most memorable episode of Donahue I ever saw was the one where he had Indiana Jone's stunt man on...

i saw a "making of raiders of the lost ark" thing when i was a kid. han solo did almost all his own stunts.
Posted: Mar 7, 2013 9:21 pm

Do you mean in Star Wars or Raiders? Dude who was Indiana Jones stunt double was one of the greatest stunt men of all time...I think Fall Guy was loosely based on him...they also talked about how his wife was a stunt double. This is back when Fall Guy was originally on TV. But I don't remember Han Solo having allot of crazy Tarzan, horse, helicopter, tank stunts.
Posted: Mar 7, 2013 9:23 pm

It's actually the only Donahue I can remember...that show was boring as shit.
Posted: Mar 7, 2013 10:53 pm

Got the picture sleeve 45, Fuck The World!
White label promo for me. Fuck The Multiverses!
Posted: Mar 8, 2013 12:29 am

Do you mean in Star Wars or Raiders?

i saw a "making of raiders of the lost ark"
Posted: Mar 8, 2013 9:28 am

"making of raiders of the lost ark"

I think this featurette is included on the Indiana Jones Complete Adventures Blu Ray box set. I'm going to screen it this weekend for the kids, hopefully steering one or all of them into careers as stuntmen/stuntwomen.
Posted: Mar 8, 2013 9:29 am

White label promo for me. Fuck The Multiverses!

My connections at Goner have them saving all the Mike Post picture sleeve 45s for me. I've also got Magnum PI. Looking for Simon and Simon and Riptide.
Posted: Mar 8, 2013 12:09 pm | Edited by: Uptight White

I watched it more for Heather Thomas than the crime fighting and action. It seemed like the concept was lifted from the Burt Reynold's movie, Hooper.

...that show was boring as shit.

Donahue was a total freak and shock fest by 1970's standards. It may have been a lot of things, but boring wasn't one of them.
Posted: Mar 8, 2013 12:26 pm | Edited by: tigerblinds

Dude this is total snooze fest...all the punks are like "I'm A-political".....the stuffy straights are more interesting.

Posted: Mar 8, 2013 12:27 pm

Also,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vic_Armstrong

I read that Harrison Ford is always trying to take credit for his stunts too...actors are motherfuckers.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®