Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Live comedy
Posted: Dec 19, 2012 10:22 am

Since there's no hockey season, I've been buying up tickets to see comedians lately. Doug Stanhope was awesome. Anthony Jeselnik was really awesome. Upcoming shows include Bob Saget, Lewis Black, & Amy Schumer. May or may not see John Caparulo in April. Seen him twice already.
Posted: Dec 19, 2012 1:59 pm

We saw Richard Lewis, he has no "act" but nonetheless hit some high notes. A lot of his jokes are about being sober, which was ironic since the club had a two drink minimum.

That comedy shit can be expensive.
Posted: Dec 20, 2012 8:51 am

We saw Richard Lewis, he has no "act" but nonetheless hit some high notes. A lot of his jokes are about being sober, which was ironic since the club had a two drink minimum.

That's funny.

That comedy shit can be expensive.

Bob Saget is $25. Lewis Black is $45, the most I've ever paid for a comedian. Compare that to $75 for Nick Cave.
Posted: Dec 20, 2012 11:50 am

I love seeing comedy live, although its been a while since I've seen some in Memphis. Nothing is better for a roadtrip, and there is some good stuff on spotify. Bill Burr is awesome. and Amy Schumer's stuff is great. But Dave Chapelle's comedy album is by far my favorite.
Posted: Dec 20, 2012 1:13 pm

Bill Burr is awesome.

I believe you meant to say "Bill Burr is awesome!!!".

Also love Patrice O'Neil. RIP!
Posted: Dec 20, 2012 2:13 pm

I stand corrected!

I would love to see a real Pandora/Spotify equivalent for comedy. The selection on Spotify is fairly small and repetitive.
Posted: Dec 20, 2012 2:24 pm

Posted: Dec 20, 2012 2:25 pm

Posted: Dec 20, 2012 2:32 pm

Patton oswalt.
Posted: Dec 20, 2012 3:38 pm

A friend of mine is a comedian. He just moved to LA from Chicago.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/laugh-track-november-12-2010,47613/

I think he is funny and his album is good, but the only time I ever saw him do comedy was at a bagel shop in college.
Posted: Dec 20, 2012 5:41 pm

I saw Bikini Kill once
Posted: Dec 20, 2012 5:41 pm

Would love to see Bob Saget again. Doug Stanhope and Louis CK are tops wants right now. Wait, forgot about Gilbert Gottfried! And one day I would like to be in Benton Harbor getting some burgers at Henrys and have Sinbad walk in and say some shit.
Posted: Dec 21, 2012 12:11 pm

Out here we are stuck with a lot of lesbian comics and y'know, a lesbian comic just can't tell a good dick joke.
Posted: Dec 22, 2012 10:25 am

Where's Bob Saget going to be?

I like Doug Stanhope, but thought he brought his D game, as you may have noticed when we left before it was over. Maybe that horrible venue and crowd had something to do with it, but he even said at the beginning he couldn't use any of his good material because of an upcoming showtime special and I thought it was painfully obvious.

Would love to see Louis CK... Also, Lewis Black was great when I saw him.
Posted: Dec 24, 2012 7:55 am

Bob Saget is going to be @ the Columbus Funny Bone on Wednesday, Jan. 23rd. There are shows @ 7:00 & 9:15.

Would love to see Bob Saget again. Doug Stanhope and Louis CK are tops wants right now. Wait, forgot about Gilbert Gottfried!

That's awesome you got to see him once, already.

No new Louies 'til 2014, so hopefully he'll be touring in 2013.

Gilbert Gottfried is also awesome. He seems to play some club in Detroit every year, so if that's where I have to trek to see him, that just may be where I go, unless I convince my wife that it's been too long since we've been to NYC & make a trip.
Posted: Dec 24, 2012 12:41 pm

saw eddie izzard at the orpheum a few years ago - that was neat

doug stanhope at hitone was good some drunk guy fell asleep in the front which gave stanhope a whole new twist to his act :)

neil hamburger is always a fave

- just wish i coulda seen mitch hedberg before he bit the dust
Posted: Dec 24, 2012 6:14 pm

Neil Hamburger here in Kzoo at a small club had me crying. Told Greg that his prank phone call CD was my favorite ever. A true mensch. I was my writer friend's +1 for the Saget show. Would pay to see him again for sure. If Gilbert comes to Detroit let me know I always miss the cool shit.
Posted: Dec 29, 2012 3:38 pm

saw eddie izzard at the orpheum a few years ago - that was neat

He's great. Aleks Shaulov has a DVD of an HBO special he does in make up & a robe or kimono or something like it that's totally a scream. My wife would be all over it if he was anywhere nearby.

If Gilbert comes to Detroit let me know I always miss the cool shit.

Will do. Check back for details.

Dave Attell's been announced @ the Columbus Funny Bone on March 7th, but tickets won't go on sale until 6 weeks before the show.
Posted: Dec 29, 2012 6:28 pm

Jim Norton is the bee's knees.
Posted: Jan 9, 2013 12:18 pm

The worst "known" comedian I've ever seen was Lewis Black - pandering, uninspired bullshit. Literally not funny for even a second. A buncha fake rants, sub-Dennis Miller garbage.
Posted: Jan 9, 2013 2:49 pm

Steve Hughes - Australia's own death metal comedian (although he lives in Europe now I think) seeing him in Australia in a couple of weeks

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®