Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / The USA Is A Monster
Posted: Dec 11, 2012 7:24 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

They got a new one out...if I go for a walk this afternoon that's what I'm jammin....I still have one of their cdr's lying around, when I saw them his amp blew up twice and then he blew out the circuit breaker, then got into an argument with the venue owner...it ruled.
Posted: Dec 11, 2012 8:26 am

you sure? Thought they broke up a year or two ago. I know the guitar player is starting to put out a lot of wild solo stuff though. Anyway, yeah USAisaMonster is the jizzam!
Posted: Dec 11, 2012 8:44 am

Well the records is called Lost And Found....maybe it's just new to me, but I don't think so.
Posted: Dec 11, 2012 8:45 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

Yeah forgot you were supposed to spell it all as one word...I can't keep up with shit like that. I suck at being a hard core fan.
Posted: Dec 11, 2012 8:47 am

Whole album here...came out in November I guess...last one.

http://northern-spy.com/spy-album-stream-the-usa-is-a-monster-lost-and -found/

Are their custom CDR's worth anything?
Posted: Dec 11, 2012 10:00 am | Edited by: rayultine

actually I think they were into that whole Oh Sees OCS The Oh Sees Thee OhSees Thee Oh Sees thing where they changed their name slightly on every record. CLEVER!

I dunno anything about the value of their records. Probably? Consult ebay? I think that new release might be a B-sides/rarities thingy.

An internet bro of mine from another forum runs northern spy. he's a rad dude. USAisamonster were often touring mates with Dark Meat.

I can't remember what record it's on, but "Blame Life" is one of the greatest songs ever written. You should try to track it down.
Posted: Dec 11, 2012 11:24 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

I had no idea that there was a connection to Dark Meat....I just know that I saw them by chance, just because they seemed interesting, and then they played Memphis 2 days later and then I started hearing hype...gosh no telling how long ago that was. But just shows the network I move in, I check out alot of the stuff the noise heads bring to town, and then some of it gets picked up by the Goners....honestly I'm so bored I check out all kinds of shit, Lex has a better scene these days.

My impression of the OCS many name changes, has always been that it was originaly a thinly veiled reference to oxycodone...but when they started getting interest from labels they started changing it around, playing down that connection.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®