Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Posted: Dec 2, 2012 12:46 pm | Edited by: bazooka joe

found a german press of this LP yesterday for a dollar. how hard is it to find? i had never seen it before, but was real keen to pick it up for the oblivians connection. despite that, i had no idea it was gonna be as good as it is. fucking FLOORED by this thing. wasn't there a trio interview in wipeout? why is this album not as legendary as, say... pink flag? or is it? i never hear it mentioned.
Posted: Dec 2, 2012 1:15 pm

Big record my freshman year in college (1981). Disappeared for a while, then when it was used in ads, became much better known.
Posted: Dec 2, 2012 1:35 pm

Posted: Dec 2, 2012 2:49 pm

TRIO rule.
Posted: Dec 2, 2012 4:29 pm

i have the cassette in my van
Posted: Dec 2, 2012 8:27 pm

When I was a teenage kid, I was really impressed with the jugs of the woman in the "Boom Boom" video. (Back when MTV actually played music videos!) Trio And Error is one of the few LPs I have that have survived since then. I remember liking "Anna", too.

I think the Jesus Lizard covered both "Sunday You Need Love" & "Anna" @ one point or another.
Posted: Dec 2, 2012 8:29 pm

There's a handful of them on eBay. Some are as cheap as $12 or so after shipping.
Posted: Dec 3, 2012 12:37 am

Get yerself the live album. casette only.
Posted: Dec 3, 2012 8:31 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

I just have the cd...but I don't think it's as legendary as some other stuff because it was regarded as kind of a novelty pop album with a video on MTV, and then it didn't help when Volkswagon used their song, it helped with Nick Drake's music, but that's a different audience and sensibility...

That's just been my impression, I don't realy know.

But I owe The Oblivians for knowing about them and Lightnin Hopkins....it's weird to think that I was listening to Oblivians before Lightnin Hopkins, but I don't know if I even thought the blues was cool until I heard The Gories and Oblivians....I was like 14....it blows my mind. Just want to say thanks Greg.
Posted: Dec 3, 2012 11:21 am

Ja Ja Ja is my favorite
Posted: Dec 3, 2012 2:11 pm | Edited by: jewbacca

This tv appearance has always been my fave...

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_6Tu257ciI/url]

That drummer eating his lunch and playing with a buncha twigs? Classic.
Posted: Dec 3, 2012 2:16 pm

Ha! it's been a while...
Posted: Dec 3, 2012 6:01 pm

Posted: Dec 4, 2012 12:05 am

whoa that last one is great!!
Posted: Dec 4, 2012 1:47 am

The first one I scored was the 6 song EP on Mercury with all the hits after Soul Food hipped me to Trio. I've got at least 1 German LP with Energie, Harzt Ist Trumpf, and Drei Mann Im Dopplebett being my fave deep cuts. Favorite NDW band? Yes. Boom Boom video is killer!
Posted: Dec 4, 2012 8:08 am

da da da sucks, but the rest rules
Posted: Dec 4, 2012 10:45 am

Hearts Are Trump!
Posted: Dec 6, 2012 5:31 pm

Bum Bum...
Posted: Dec 6, 2012 5:33 pm

every Germam ive talked to in the past 10 yrs have NOT heard of Trio OR Kraftwerk..?? wtf...?
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®