| Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / RIP Nanne Tepper
Posted: Nov 15, 2012 6:38 am

Posted: Nov 15, 2012 7:42 am

RIP Nanne. Very sad to hear the news.
Posted: Nov 15, 2012 8:24 am

r.i.p., Nanne. very sad news indeed
Posted: Nov 15, 2012 8:59 am

Wow. RIP, Nanne. I hope you've found some happiness.
Posted: Nov 15, 2012 9:02 am

Was it from natural causes? The translation I read doesn't make it clear, just said he was suffering from depression. I hope he wasn't in that much pain.
Posted: Nov 15, 2012 9:11 am

RIP, Nanne. Sad news.
Posted: Nov 15, 2012 10:14 am

jesus. RIP nanne. you fuckin weirdo. this is shitty.
Posted: Nov 15, 2012 10:22 am

what a bastard.

R.I.P.
Posted: Nov 15, 2012 10:33 am

RIP.
Posted: Nov 15, 2012 10:54 am

A cantankerous, unapologetic weird nutjob. I will miss arguing with him on boards such as this. RIP.
Posted: Nov 15, 2012 11:02 am

RIP Nanne.
Posted: Nov 15, 2012 11:04 am

suicide says the press statement, also that his examples were Faulkner, Baudelaire and Nabokov. They forgot The Reatards and The Oblivians... RIP Nanne.
Posted: Nov 15, 2012 11:37 am

Whoa. Sad to hear this. RIP.
Posted: Nov 15, 2012 11:43 am

RIP, indeed. :-(
Posted: Nov 15, 2012 11:50 am

What the fuck ?
Posted: Nov 15, 2012 11:54 am

Geez. Bummer. Hate to hear this.

RIP Nanne!
Posted: Nov 15, 2012 12:09 pm

RIP Nanne :(
Posted: Nov 15, 2012 12:19 pm

Ah hell suicide...man. Damn it.
Posted: Nov 15, 2012 12:23 pm

man that is sad news.
Posted: Nov 15, 2012 12:27 pm

RIP Nanne.
Posted: Nov 15, 2012 12:28 pm

Damn.
Posted: Nov 15, 2012 12:36 pm

hope they give you new legs on the other side, buddy
Posted: Nov 15, 2012 12:58 pm

RIP Nanne.
Posted: Nov 15, 2012 1:17 pm

Sad. Translated:

COVENTRY - Writer Nanne Tepper is Saturday at the age of 50 deceased. The author was suffering from depression itself an end to his life. He achieved national fame with his debut novel "The afterlife" (1995). That book was awarded the Anton Wachter Prize.

Other titles by him "The father of the thought" (2000, nominated for the Libris Literature Prize), "The Adventures of Hill Billie Veen" (write command Belcampo Stipend) and 'The Bard body of Knut the Terrible'.

Nanne Tepper was born in 1962 in Hoogezand, but moved at ten to Veendam. East Groningen played a major role in his oeuvre. His literary examples were William Faulkner, Charles Baudelaire and
Vladimir Nabokov with whom he had while writing 'conversation went. Music also played an important role in his work and his life.

After his debut he wrote soon for newspapers and magazines, but the literary promise he had never been redeemed. Tepper remained far from the literary world, which he invariably described as 'Luiletterland' and while he struggled with poor health that writing difficult, if not impossible. His last writings he made for the periodic 'Prime Time' of record Elpee Groningen.

Tepper has been privately cremated.
Posted: Nov 15, 2012 1:18 pm

Crazy about music, one of the few things that kept him going (for a long time at least). Rock on at the other side, Nanne!
Posted: Nov 15, 2012 1:25 pm

Whoah! This is sad news... RIP
Posted: Nov 15, 2012 1:40 pm

damn. RIP internet frienemy. if there's something on the other side, it'll be good to ya. if there's nothing, then it'll still be a better place.
Posted: Nov 15, 2012 1:55 pm | Edited by: queenothetwist

what a lot of crap.
Posted: Nov 15, 2012 2:41 pm

Aw, rest in peace buddy. What a fucking shame. Always enjoyed your coockoo posts and jabs at tigerblinds. There's gonna be a big hole here without you.

Someone please make a double entendre with that in his memory...
Posted: Nov 15, 2012 2:42 pm

The guy was never anything but an asshole to me.
He wished me dead at least once, probably more. Guess that didn't work out.
RIP.
Posted: Nov 15, 2012 3:08 pm

rip, nanne.
Posted: Nov 15, 2012 3:22 pm

I don't wish any ill will on any of you rockers....and I wish Nanne hadn't done it. There was that recent study that said writers are 50 percent more likely to kill themselves; I've known two personaly. You're not alone, no matter the isolation you may feel, others are in the same boat.
Posted: Nov 15, 2012 3:26 pm

What a long, strange trip... (I like to think a Grateful Dead reference would piss him off to no end, perhaps a commonality?)...RIP
Posted: Nov 15, 2012 3:28 pm

"because I am The Veenkolonial Klisma Gangsta"

Famous last words
Posted: Nov 15, 2012 3:30 pm | Edited by: tigerblinds

On second thought, I'm not even going to assume that he was depressed, maybe he just wanted control of his own fate...but it's realy a bullshit sense of control.

I had a dear old buddy...I ran into him last year and he was making cracks about playing russian roulette...I asked him about it, and he told me how he had accomplished so much in life, acheived all of his dreams and nothing else could get him high anymore. I told him that was crazy, if it was that bad he needed to talk to a professional, told him I cared about him, and having him around meant something to me....6 months later he was dead. It's a fucking waste, I hope you all live to be in your 90's...I'm going to need people to argue with if I can make it 90...
Posted: Nov 15, 2012 3:43 pm

The guy was never anything but an asshole to me.

He was never anything less than an asshole on this board. So:

what a lot of crap.

...pretty much sums it up.

PS If I was an asshole to any of you, feel free to say shit about me when I die. Piss on my grave if you want, I'll be dead and won't care.
Posted: Nov 15, 2012 4:09 pm

:( He was 50? I look way worse and I'm 34.
Posted: Nov 15, 2012 4:57 pm

Goddamnit. R.I.P.
Posted: Nov 15, 2012 5:24 pm

dag. it always sucks to hear someone was that sad and unhappy with life (if it was really suicide) to want to leave the world behind.
hope he found himself in the end RIP fellow GONER
Posted: Nov 15, 2012 5:24 pm

He was fun. I'll miss him. He was one of those dudes I wanted to meet and I would have hoped like hell that he was EXACTLY like he was online. I had no idea he was a writer, but it doesn't surprise me one bit, He had a way with words. Some one please find the nanne "remix" thread, or maybe the debut of his other persona. I looked but couldn't find them. RIP nanne.
Posted: Nov 15, 2012 5:31 pm

A dead Turkey just in time for Thanksgiving. Who would of thought
Posted: Nov 15, 2012 5:32 pm

http://terminal-boredom.com/forums/index.php?topic=38077.15

Read Brad's thoughts on nanne, a nice tribute.
Posted: Nov 15, 2012 7:31 pm

Nice. I see Chiefum Brad XXL has found a way to slip a note about his own band into his cork board eulugy. Wish Nanne would of stuck it out as he had some pure hate in him which is a wonderful thing
Posted: Nov 15, 2012 8:52 pm

I wish i knew him better to say something more substantial here. I'm gonna have to track down one of his books,i had no idea he was a writer.

Friend or enemy,we're all gonna miss you on some level... R.I.P.
Posted: Nov 15, 2012 9:45 pm

I'm gonna have to track down one of his books,i had no idea he was a writer.

Same here
Posted: Nov 15, 2012 10:22 pm

pure hate in him which is a wonderful thing

Yeah, a wonderful thing that made him off himself. That's just a fucking idiotic vantage point you have from your perch, vulture.

It's easy to be hateful, it's easy to be nice, but the hard thing is to sincerely and consistently be either one, and that's where Nanne should get credit.
Posted: Nov 15, 2012 10:40 pm

man
Posted: Nov 15, 2012 10:41 pm

damn, he probably gave my stupid ass a hard time at leas 40 times on Goner, but fuck! this is sad! RIP Dutch man!
Posted: Nov 15, 2012 11:22 pm

It's easy to be hateful, it's easy to be nice, but the hard thing is to sincerely and consistently be either one, and that's where Nanne should get credit.

That is what i couldn't figure out how to say. Thank you.

I've noticed his absence. I even mentioned him in some stupid post a few days ago thinking he might come 'round and toss some shit my way.

hope he found himself in the end RIP fellow GONER

That's it in a nutshell. He'd hate it and deny it but he was Goner. I hope he got to hear that new Cheater Slicks album....that's one of the only bands he praised constantly.
Posted: Nov 15, 2012 11:46 pm

pure hate in him which is a wonderful thing

Yeah, a wonderful thing that made him off himself. That's just a fucking idiotic vantage point you have from your perch, Scavenger of Death

Fixed.
My vantage point above everyone is pretty beautiful.
Posted: Nov 16, 2012 12:42 am

Oh man...I never met the dude, (or even argued with him directly, though I often couldn't figure out what he was "on about,"), but much respect to his passion and devotion.

Should I go listen to some Zappa now?

RIP Nanne, fuck. I am drinking in your honor tonight, my Irascible Dutch friend who I never met.

Paul
Posted: Nov 16, 2012 12:54 am

Last time I saw him he knocked a guy out with one hit at a Reatards show (he didn't go to much shows anymore coz of his conditions). Last time he e-mailed me he asked me to help him get rid of his stalker. There sure was something adventurous about Nanne.
Posted: Nov 16, 2012 4:31 am

I'm bummed I didn't get around to trading him a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle for some noodle noise records.
Posted: Nov 16, 2012 6:37 am

Always wanted to meet him in person. I've been meaning to read Happy Hunting Grounds for years. It's finally on the way here.
Posted: Nov 16, 2012 9:47 am

I miss him.
Posted: Nov 16, 2012 10:07 am

Bummer
Posted: Nov 16, 2012 1:44 pm

This is a stone drag. Hat's off and a great big whisky to him tonight.
Posted: Nov 16, 2012 2:16 pm

I found this listing for one of his books, in English:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/happy-hunting-grounds-nanne-tepper/110 0550129

It's about ... incest. A difficult subject for anyone.
Posted: Nov 16, 2012 9:44 pm

I see Chiefum Brad XXL has found a way to slip a note about his own band into his cork board eulugy.

kinda makes sense since half of what me and nanne talked about was my bands and music. he put out my first lp and was one of about three people in the whole world who cared enough to listen to every single thing i did, really listen to it, and give me honest and useful feedback about it. he is directly responsible for us sticking with our retard drummer, and for the way i recorded and mixed the new album. his constant faith in my musical vision when almost nobody else outside the band in the whole world gave a shit really meant something to me. sometimes he thought my shit absolutely sucked, and i wrote that in my "cork board eulugy" as well. of course i was going to find a way to "slip in a note" about my band, as it was the vast majority of what we talked about, especially over the last couple months. he hounded me for an onions lp relentlessly, and i am only sad he didnt stick around to get a copy.
Posted: Nov 16, 2012 11:15 pm

Always seemed very hard on everyone. But in a way that let you know he was harder on himself. I Always enjoyed talking and sparing with him because he had a great sense of wit that usually was very efective. And regularly admirable. There will be no other to fill his shoes the same or cut such a figure here, or elsewhere. RIP
Posted: Nov 17, 2012 8:05 am

Can someone start a band called cork board eulugy?
Posted: Nov 17, 2012 8:24 am

Can someone start a band called cork board eulugy?

I'll talk to Potter today. It could be Jackpot's Hannah Montana.
Posted: Nov 19, 2012 5:48 am

Posted: Nov 19, 2012 5:55 am

A friend of Nanne asked me to put this on Facebook I thought I'd better share it here too.

"Nanne was mostly unhappy and feeling bad. But look what he wrote me after that time his car went in the canal last Summer:

"Two heroes pulled me out at the last moment, just before the whole shit went under water. Really didn't know those kinda guys still existed! Balls! Spine! I called 'm up to thank 'm and they said: O, every citizin would have done that. Well, no fucking way, I said: don't sell yourself short, you two are unique people.
(There were at least 30 woonbootbewoners (houseboat residents) just looking at me sinking until my car burst into fire. Then they all got nervous. About their boats catching fire. Luckily for them the car didn't explode, the fire died because I went nose down.)"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Goes to show how appreciative he could be, sigh. I've been to his house, it was nice.
You can say one thing about him: Whether you found his reviews delightful or infuriating, HE WAS NEVER BORING."
Posted: Nov 19, 2012 10:57 am

HE WAS NEVER BORING

clearly something we all aspire to here! congrats Nanne, you did it well.
Posted: Nov 19, 2012 2:07 pm

Wow...RIP. suicide is gay
Posted: Nov 19, 2012 4:35 pm

here's what he sent me about that incident:

"hey Brad,
Thanks a bunch, sorry for the late reaction but almost died in a caraccident saturday, something esential in the car broke, I was suddenly icedancing on a dry road, and I hit the water and sank...

I hate myself so much for letting some very heroic boys save me, cause I had the time to think it over while sinking, and finally decided to try and get out cause, cause I couldn't let these kids get a trauma by let them see me drown or even worse, going under with me with, so I just managed to get out just in time before the car disappeared under water."
Posted: Nov 21, 2012 10:43 pm

geez, just saw this. i always worry about people i know and don't know and when i hear about this it makes me worry more. i hope all of you are ok and doing what you want and are living how you feel like you need to live. R.I.P. nanne.
always got a kick out of that guy.
Posted: Nov 30, 2012 10:49 am

Been thinking about Nanne a bunch.
Posted: Dec 10, 2012 4:43 pm

i decided to dedicate the new onions lp to him as he was the only person outside the band as excited for it as we are. added the dedication to the insert that will be included with all copies.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®