Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / New Tyvek and UV Race
Posted: Nov 1, 2012 4:25 pm

Racism: Some pretty cool songs, although occasionally leans too heavily towards hippie dippy, goofy/happy indie. I do like that line about "wiping my chode," though.

On Triple Beams: Pretty goddamn awesome, although I don't like it quite as much as Nothing Fits, which is one of my favorite albums of the last decade. Still going to be right near the top of the end of the year list (if I had the motivation to make such a thing).

Other opinions?
Posted: Nov 1, 2012 6:03 pm

Some pretty cool songs, although occasionally leans too heavily towards hippie dippy, goofy/happy indie.

I disagree on that. They're just to weird for that. It's leaning more towards psych to me. I'm digging it.

I will buy the new Tyvek! Did not know it was out. Thanks!

Nothing Fits, which is one of my favorite albums of the last decade

Here is where we agree. That album is a banger. I've played the shit out of it. So the new album doesn't quite measure up? Fuck it, that's a tall order. I'll still pick it up.
Posted: Nov 1, 2012 6:21 pm

Still going to be right near the top of the end of the year list (if I had the motivation to make such a thing).

Oh don't worry sir. I'll start that thread if no one else does 'cause I love that shit. Been turned on to some awesome music that way. Get motivated.
Posted: Nov 2, 2012 12:35 pm

just got these in the mail minutes ago along with the new LAMPS which has already fucked me all over the place first song in.
Posted: Nov 3, 2012 12:58 pm | Edited by: Joe Pestilence

"Still going to be right near the top of the end of the year list (if I had the motivation to make such a thing)."

"Oh don't worry sir. I'll start that thread if no one else does 'cause i love that shit."

Some lists are easier to make than others:

TOP TEN MOST POSITIVE GONERS IN 2012

1-10.) Cole
Posted: Nov 3, 2012 6:28 pm

cole is the new talbot.
Posted: Nov 3, 2012 6:35 pm

Last Tyvek I heard sounded like CRASS. Ruled.
Posted: Nov 3, 2012 7:50 pm

TOP TEN MOST POSITIVE GONERS IN 2012

1-10.) Cole

This is a proud moment in my life. I'm extremely honored to be #s 1-10 in Joe's list of most positive Goners. A few thank yous....

To Joe...for the honer

To Nanny for keeping my positivity skills razor sharp.....you are my Joker...a master of negativity.....You almost made me type a negative comment once....ALMOST and ONCE.

A thanks to all the great labels and great bands with great music that keep making me say positive things. Thanks to the shitty ones to.....who I never say anything about.

There are two things I positively will not do...
I will never talk to or about someone on the internet in a way I wouldn't in real life.
I will never say or spell my name backwards...thus sending myself into the 5th dimension.

Positive energy.
Posted: Nov 3, 2012 8:29 pm | Edited by: bruce

Posted: Nov 3, 2012 8:32 pm

Posted: Nov 10, 2012 8:22 am

Holy God!!! That LP is a fucking MONSTER!!!! amazing!!!

just got these in the mail minutes ago along with the new LAMPS which has already fucked me all over the place first song in.
Posted: Nov 11, 2012 8:57 am

i spun the third song (i think) at the paint fumes / bazooka show here the other night. i think it was my fave thing i played.
Posted: Nov 11, 2012 9:17 am

Are we talking about UV Race, Tyvek, or Lamps at this point?
Posted: Nov 11, 2012 5:26 pm

I will never say or spell my name backwards
all hail Eloc
Posted: Nov 14, 2012 9:00 pm

hahahah Eloc !

positivity is extremely important in life and i'm so glad you found us all!

i need to buy the new tyvek badly! weekend gigs coming up so i'll $$$$
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®