Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / King Bros.
Posted: Oct 23, 2012 7:40 am

They got a new record out.....put that in your rotation with The Anomalys and the world almost seems normal again....
Posted: Oct 23, 2012 11:56 am

king bros. / anomalys are two of the best live bands i've ever seen.
Posted: Oct 23, 2012 7:20 pm

King Bros lived kinda changed my life
Posted: Oct 24, 2012 1:58 pm

whoa really? who put that out? i still listen to the in the red record all the time!!!!
Posted: Oct 24, 2012 3:41 pm | Edited by: tigerblinds

Yeah, not to mention the new LAMPS record...there is all kinds of good music out now to take the edge off stuff.
Posted: Oct 25, 2012 9:52 am

The new Lamps rules so hard...I'm interested in seeing how it translates to live...Does he stop between every song and change the settings on his Boss Ps3 or Moog or whatever he is using? Maybe live it's stripped down like the older stuff.
Posted: Oct 29, 2012 10:13 am

tb: thanks for the king bros rec. freaking awesome!
Posted: Oct 30, 2012 1:37 pm | Edited by: tigerblinds

No big thang, I just ran across it on the internet, they were big in late 90's early 2000's, most anybody else around here could have suggested it....not so well known are GYOGUN RENDS, Jackie and The Cedrics, Firestarter, stuff like that.
Posted: Oct 30, 2012 1:46 pm | Edited by: bruce

king bros are more well known then jackie and the cedrics and firestarter?
Posted: Oct 30, 2012 1:51 pm

You don't think so? I feel like they got pretty big in the early 2000's...I mean sure Firestarter were on the cover of MRR, but how much does that realy count anymore?
Posted: Oct 30, 2012 2:17 pm

it's tb's reality, man...we just live in it
Posted: Oct 30, 2012 2:32 pm

right, i forgot
Posted: Oct 30, 2012 3:22 pm

Man...You think Jackie and The Cedrics are are better known than King Bros?

Fine Firestarter are better known, people google Teengenerate and learn about American Soul Spiders and Firestarter...but Jackie and The Cedrics?
Posted: Oct 30, 2012 3:27 pm

i think king bros were on the tail end of the jap tsunami, while jackie and the cedricks were more like the beginning to middle of it

http://www.rockinjellybean.com/index.shtml
Posted: Oct 30, 2012 4:51 pm

where can i buy the new king bros?
Posted: Oct 30, 2012 5:25 pm

Jackie & the Cedrics are way better known than King Bros.

I always thought King Bros. were that band from Brooklyn, Michigan. Their release "King Bros. Play The King" was phenomenal.
Posted: Oct 30, 2012 5:30 pm

Yeah. All I found were downloads.....which I bought. Would love vinyl. It's f'ing great.
Posted: Oct 30, 2012 9:57 pm

That lp on Bulb rules. Never cared for much else
Posted: Oct 30, 2012 10:00 pm

good to hear the lamps have a new album out. i think that's the first piece of news that i've heard that wasn't a shit sandwich with extra diarrhea gravy served on milquetoast in weeks.

king bros sound good even through my jenky galaxyII speaker with tons of ambient noise in my surroundings. ill czech em out when my testes feel alright. they sort of remind me of permanent voltage, who are from the same shitty.
Posted: Oct 30, 2012 10:55 pm

That lp on Bulb rules. Never cared for much else
i got that shit.i do like it. the in the red record is way different but way better!!! ....and way more of a weed smoking record.....and one of my favorite records!!
Posted: Oct 30, 2012 11:01 pm

Every time someone mentions weed, I get pissed. Fucking straight job and random drug test. I have so many records that I know would be more awesome if I was allowed to toke up. I'm talking about you James Arthur!
Posted: Oct 30, 2012 11:11 pm

king bros live was one of the best shows i've ever seen, at peoples temple, in 2002(?)
Posted: Oct 31, 2012 12:01 am

when i saw them at the vegas shakedown i couldn't stop thinking about how they probably practice 20 times a day. mega mental.
Posted: Oct 31, 2012 12:04 am

Yeah. All I found were downloads.....which I bought. Would love vinyl. It's f'ing great.

where the fuck can i find this thing? drunk google isn't working.
Posted: Oct 31, 2012 1:51 am

king bros live was one of the best shows i've ever seen, at peoples temple, in 2002(?)
It was 99, I think. That is the show I was taking about. With the lost sounds. That show broke something in my mind forever. It was also the first time I was ever in Memphis. I thought I had walked into the movie Cry Baby, in a good way.
Posted: Oct 31, 2012 3:21 am

I thought I had walked into the movie Cry Baby, in a good way.

What possible bad way could there have been?
Posted: Oct 31, 2012 10:00 am

King Brothers were BETTER at Barristers the year (?) before... completely unhinged. Somehow no one got hurt. Saw 'em in SF that trip, too. Wild. All I remember from the People's Temple is the drummer's hair. I've seen pictures from it... somewhere!
Posted: Oct 31, 2012 2:45 pm | Edited by: tigerblinds

good to hear the lamps have a new album out

Yeah between the new Lamps and new King Bros...I have nothing to bitch about.

You know who was a way big part of the Japanese wave and aren't anywhere as well known? Gasoline...you know why? Because you can't just google that shit.
Posted: Oct 31, 2012 3:37 pm

you can't google tons of shit. that's the beauty of message boards, libraries, etc.
Posted: Oct 31, 2012 3:59 pm

You know who was a way big part of the Japanese wave and aren't anywhere as well known? Gasoline...you know why? Because you can't just google that shit.

of course you can't...shit is super secret. only the truly elite know

http://www3.to/gasoline

http://www.last.fm/music/Gasoline/+wiki
Posted: Oct 31, 2012 4:00 pm

Posted: Oct 31, 2012 4:10 pm

it seems like i hung out with them a bit in '93/94, if my memory id correct they were in town doing a video with mccarthey
Posted: Oct 31, 2012 4:12 pm

what about Estrella 20/20?
Posted: Oct 31, 2012 4:19 pm

how about the super unknown japanese band Pink Lady
or Kyu Sakamoto
Posted: Nov 1, 2012 11:15 am

Yeah, I hugged em too....cool....I'm gonna name drop Jet Boys.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®