Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Posted: Aug 26, 2012 7:21 pm

What's going on, NOLA?
Posted: Aug 26, 2012 7:54 pm

Been a real hard one to predict. Now showing possibly west of NOLA.
Posted: Aug 27, 2012 7:00 am

Evacuating to Lafayette. Yeah, the storm might go west as well, but I'd rather be in Lafayette for a few days with a baby and no power than in New Orleans.
Posted: Aug 27, 2012 8:33 am

I've heard that LA has had a reasonable amount of rain recently and could make tree fall more likely even in a weaker storm, so, just be aware of that.
Posted: Aug 27, 2012 9:07 am

Trying to get my generator to start, if that fails I will huff this carburetor cleaner until the weather goes away.
Posted: Aug 27, 2012 9:08 am

I knew there were many good reasons to have generators around in emergencies.
Posted: Aug 27, 2012 9:25 am

Month-long Gonerfest kick off party!
Posted: Aug 27, 2012 10:07 am

I just went to the vet and got a bottle of cat tranquilizers. Planning on taking them and then driving to Chicago to go to my friend's wedding, since I think my Wednesday morning flight is probably going to be grounded.
Posted: Aug 27, 2012 11:08 am

i hope you're not the one driving to chicago!
Posted: Aug 27, 2012 11:31 am

The cat's doing the driving, Sarah is just there for the conversation.
Posted: Aug 27, 2012 1:43 pm

I hope we at least get a Bounce song out of this.
Posted: Aug 27, 2012 3:54 pm

Planning on riding it out, I hope that it stays a Cat 1 like they're predicting. My nightmare is that it somehow intensifies to a Cat 3 or 4 and by that point it's too late to get out.
Posted: Aug 27, 2012 4:02 pm

NHC just updated their advisory to show a Cat 2 at landfall. Won't happen unless Isaac can finally begin to start working properly though.
Posted: Aug 27, 2012 7:11 pm

I'm already evacuated on vacation. Hope my children will be alright without me. I think I left em water. Was supposed to go back Wednesday. Looks like late Thursday or possibly Friday, now. Fuck you Sir Isaac!
Posted: Aug 27, 2012 7:33 pm

we had room booked for today thru the week.

yesterday the owner of the b and b tried to convince us that we should come on down, wouldn't be too rough. my wife said "really? isn't it going to be windy, rainy, deathy? can't we just rebook for next week?"

going next week. stay safe folks. love that city!
Posted: Aug 28, 2012 1:04 pm | Edited by: Womb Raider

This is gonna be a fun one. Not a strong storm, but the "eye" is predicted to pass 20 miles southwest of here putting us directly in the northeast quadrant which is supposed to pack the worst punch. And that's not supposed to happen until 8 a.m. tomorrow. Lakefront is already seeing tropical storm force winds.. Hope my TV at least works through tonight. Probably won't.
Posted: Aug 28, 2012 1:19 pm

whatever happens,
good luck to you folks down there
Posted: Aug 28, 2012 1:21 pm

Keep us updated on conditions while you can! Good luck, stay safe!
Posted: Sep 1, 2012 10:46 am

"The cat's doing the driving, Sarah is just there for the conversation." Nice to see Toonces still driving. These images I'm looking at are heartbreaking. Many still without power. Water at every turn. Hopefully "Michael" and "Nadine" don't form and smash&splash stateside. For a Cat. 1, Isaac packed a power punch.
Posted: Sep 1, 2012 8:46 pm

I wasn't prepared for this at all. I thought it was gonna hit around Pensacola and didn't keep up w/ the change in developments. Luckily,i worked a 14 hour shift at work on Saturday so i had a little money in case of emergency. By the time i got to the Wal Mart Supercenter in Kenner and found no water or candles i had already decided to bail. Stayed up all Sunday night 'Cane-proofing and was Greyhound bound first thing Monday morning.

I've been in Austin since Monday afternoon. I've been mostly hangin' with reeaally old friends and watching the Weather Channel (up until about yesterday morning anyway). I've been offered a place to live and job,though the pay would be considerably less. I should be coming back Monday morning. Yeah,SHOULD be...
Posted: Sep 2, 2012 7:05 pm

We just got our power back this afternoon. The A/C in my own bed feels like heaven.
Posted: Sep 4, 2012 1:33 pm

After a week in Chicago, it feels so good to be in a damage free home with power. Even had cold beer waiting on me in the fridge. Fuck a hurricane.
Posted: Sep 4, 2012 10:43 pm

Joe, Did you move to Austin?
Posted: Sep 5, 2012 1:53 pm

The city smells awful. Like 1000 prostitutes that worked themselves to death. I went out with my boss this afternoon. She brought a bottle of air freshener and sprayed it every 5 paces to not be confronted by the stench. Pretty ingenious.
Posted: Sep 5, 2012 2:58 pm

Useful update Sarah! I'm heading that way. Damage appraisal.
Posted: Sep 5, 2012 4:39 pm

Everything smells soooo bad. Truly SHIT CITY.
Posted: Sep 6, 2012 1:43 am

Yeah! Something died under the house. I've been trying to find out what, died. It's like that smell of a Watain show every fuckin day. I'm just gonna have to spray gallons of bleach under the fucker, and hope for stench eradication.
Posted: Sep 6, 2012 11:54 pm | Edited by: Janderass

It hasn't smelled too bad most of the places I've been so far. The roads here are the worst though! There's probably no intentional speed bumps in the whole city, are there?

My first visit here in over 15 years. Working 18 hrs a day for now ... can't wait until I'm done and I can just hang out for a bit. Running back and forth in this town sucks!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®