Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / pussy riot..?!!
Posted: Aug 17, 2012 2:08 pm

Posted: Aug 17, 2012 2:20 pm

I know it's wrong, but I just can't get behind this. Their name is just too ridiculous, they don't appeal to me sonically, and also I can't understand their words.
Posted: Aug 17, 2012 2:28 pm

I bet they go w. a more bluesy format after the 2 yr bit.
Posted: Aug 17, 2012 2:54 pm

Prison Riot
Posted: Aug 17, 2012 3:01 pm

Cause none of us listen to bands with ridiculous names. Excuse me while I go throw on some Big Tits and the Great Whorebitch..
Posted: Aug 17, 2012 3:05 pm | Edited by: tigerblinds

Yeah, the only riot grrl band name better than that is Whale Tail.

http://www.whale-tail.com/2009/20090424/whale-tail-0002.jpg
Posted: Aug 17, 2012 3:15 pm

I can see Sarah Palin's house from my prison cell.

Why listen to punk Prison Riot when you can listen metal Free Pack, who suck marginally less and look marginally better.

http://www.pbs.org/soundtracks/stories/putin/pack.php
Posted: Aug 18, 2012 1:49 pm

i believe they are the children of Gorky Park...?
Posted: Aug 18, 2012 3:30 pm | Edited by: Rich Balls

The band's music sucks, so now there in prison for it, isn't that the story here.
I guess we can all sleep easy at night knowing they can't record anything. Whew. I hope this doesn't turn in to a Free Mumia thing.
Posted: Aug 18, 2012 6:04 pm

Isn't whether they suck or not kinda not the point here? Jesus christ, people, they're going to prison for TWO. FUCKING. YEARS. Would you do that for your band? No, I didn't think so.
Posted: Aug 18, 2012 6:08 pm

theyre not going to jail for sucking, theyre going to jail for being bratty little bitches and taking on the government. take on the government anywhere and they will put you in your place. maybe this will teach them some manners.
Posted: Aug 18, 2012 7:38 pm

Nice to see so much support from the music community.
Posted: Aug 18, 2012 7:45 pm

I support them but no idea how much good that does 'em. Hey a dude who is basically homeless and likes to laugh at shit thinks your government is a bunch of douchebags. I would shank a guard or two for you though.
Posted: Aug 18, 2012 8:09 pm

it's funny how everyone on the riot grrl thread was like "yay pussy riot!" but everyone on this thread is like "yay! I'm a fucking self-important 'garage rocker' who doesn't give a shit about the world"
Posted: Aug 18, 2012 8:22 pm

The only reason those chicks were in a feminist punk band to begin with is because they were too ugly to get jobs in the Russian sex industry, which is probably what they're pissed off about to begin with. They see all those other girls hooked into the Russian mafia making that good cheese while they have to slave away in a matroyshka doll factory trying to save up a few rubles to buy a second hand guitar so they can scream about how pissed off they are. Putin couldn't put up with that nonsense going into a new term as president. He would have looked like he had lost his balls.
Posted: Aug 18, 2012 9:37 pm

it's funny how everyone on the riot grrl thread was like "yay pussy riot!" but everyone on this thread is like "yay! I'm a fucking self-important 'garage rocker' who doesn't give a shit about the world"

um you and joe pestilence were their only defenders in that thread and here you've got you, me. finnark, and it could be argued sambeaux and dutch hercules behind them

math is hard
Posted: Aug 19, 2012 12:21 am

5 vs 4. moral majority. eat it beef
Posted: Aug 19, 2012 11:55 am | Edited by: Rich Balls

' who doesn't give a shit about the world"
Um, they are not the world. There are a lot of injustices. You should've talked to the "lip stick killer" (William Heirens) - he was in prison since he was 17 years old - over SIXTY YEARS. He died in prison earlier this year, when he was over 80 years old. It's all but understood he was totally innocent, he was a young kid who pulled B&Es and got pegged for three brutal homicides so the cops could close the case. But hipsters don't care because he didn't pull a hipster PR stunt doesn't make it less fucked up - and that is HERE in our country. If you want to think about "the world" - realize that just three hipster girls problems are that bad compared to others'.
Posted: Aug 19, 2012 12:11 pm

But hipsters don't care because he didn't pull a hipster PR stunt doesn't make it less fucked up - and that is HERE in our country. If you want to think about "the world" - realize that just three hipster girls problems are that bad compared to others'.

THIS. I mean, it totally fuckin' sucks for those ladies, but like, who would really give a shit if they weren't a "punk" band? It is funny to see people who otherwise don't care about politics/social justice get all up in arms over this.
Posted: Aug 19, 2012 1:01 pm

riot grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrls are not real activism - might as well get some juggalos on the case.
Posted: Aug 19, 2012 5:04 pm

I hope you all get castrated.
Posted: Aug 19, 2012 5:21 pm

i hope your asshole gets sewn shut so you cant shit for a week!
Posted: Aug 19, 2012 5:29 pm

I hope you all get castrated.
that's a verrrrrry riot grrrrrrl-type response.

In short - there is much, much worse going on in many parts of the world - but with the lack of hipster girls being involved, none of these Pussy Riot supporters seem to care. How truly pathetic and embarrassing for them.
Posted: Aug 19, 2012 5:38 pm

werent you one of the people who was all concerned by that smiling chick from petco who killed some shitty rabbits as part of her job? because there is one who has been eating everything in my garden, and i have a mind to borrow a trap from a friend and make him into my dinner. rabbits are a tasty treat, some people say they taste like chicken but those people probably think everything tastes like chicken...
Posted: Aug 19, 2012 5:43 pm

"Posted: Aug 7, 2009 5:10 pm Quote I didn't think it was a competition.
Drowning animals, then posing for a smiley photo shoot is fucked up.
But I really don't give a shit what you think is a big deal."

yeah i thought that was you. i will make sure to post some smiley pictures for you while skinning and gutting the fucker, maybe make a cooking show out of it.
Posted: Aug 19, 2012 5:54 pm

just checked state wildlife regulations and sure enough, it is legal to trap and kill in the city, over a million peter cottontails are harvested just in wisconsin every year. no hunting or trapping license required. i guess without a petco girl smiling in the pictures its no big deal that such a rabbit holocaust occurs... just wanted to make sure i wont be breaking any laws before posting any pics/videos.
Posted: Aug 19, 2012 6:41 pm

rabbits taste really good.......you can't live off of them, meat is to lean....you could actually starve by eating nothing but rabbit,,,true,fun,trivia. Nobody should ever feel bad about killing an animal and then eating it, I would go so far as to say it's extremely healthy....connects you to the food chain and what-not.
Posted: Aug 19, 2012 6:48 pm

yeah i grew up above a bar where there was a gun in every room and my moms boyfriend owned land out in the country, i would go out there with my friends and we would shoot anything that moved and make stew out of it. squirrel, rabbit, raccoon, possum, pigeon, etc. we would put a big crock of it at the end of his bar and tell the customers it was chicken booyah.
Posted: Aug 19, 2012 6:59 pm

There's probably a Marxist critique of people who don't kill their own meat being alienated from the food chain. Like my wife's aunt who gets upset about the Vietnamese adopting dogs from the Memphis animal shelter to butcher and kill; they're free-range, probably never seen a dose of antibiotics -they should sell that shit at Whole Foods!
Posted: Aug 19, 2012 7:05 pm

How truly pathetic and embarrassing for them.

Well, thy're no Julian Assange or anything.
Posted: Aug 19, 2012 8:45 pm

BradX the last thing you need to do is eat more food - yup, just checked, that's you. Also, that has nothing to do with this thread. And killing an animal to eat is is one thing, I never said I was against that - drowning it for fun is shit serial killers do before they get to humans. So I guess your whole argument ads up to jack shit.
Posted: Aug 19, 2012 11:09 pm

those chicks need to take the greyhound back to berkeley...that shit was horrible...
Posted: Aug 19, 2012 11:40 pm

whatever - it's easy enough for us to be on the sidelines from the US (mostly) and talk about how shitty and pointless their stunt was, but in a country where the ramifications for pulling something like that are drastically worse than doing it here, those ladies got more balls than this whole board combined (and yes, i'm including myself). whether you think their music or their tactics are cheesy or whatever, you also have to see how completely FUCKED it must be to live in a country where an ex-kgb has managed to essentially plant himself as a quasi-dictator and completely stymie whatever fucking semblance of democratic process the country may have had - and for a handful of punks to manage to put that issue in the forefront of every major news outlet across the world is pretty fucking remarkable. even if you think their music sucks.
Posted: Aug 20, 2012 2:47 am

you are goddammed right
Posted: Aug 20, 2012 7:51 am

The other thing that has been forgotten here is that these spoilt bastards did this in a church. Im not religious, but you dont shit on other peoples religion or beliefs. The next thing you know some bearded cunt knocks over your Twin speakers.....
Posted: Aug 20, 2012 8:14 am

heh
Posted: Aug 20, 2012 9:07 am

too ugly to get jobs in the Russian sex industry

Dude you gay...the skinny brunnette is a prime piece of Eastern European ass.
Posted: Aug 20, 2012 9:08 am

Im not religious, but you dont shit on other peoples religion or beliefs.

LOLLO+GNIS Onfo THIS IS FUNNY
Posted: Aug 20, 2012 9:09 am

CRITICIZING BULLSHIT CULTS AND MAGICAL NONSENSE IS OFF LIMITS PEOPLE!
Posted: Aug 20, 2012 9:21 am

I like those girls...church and state are pretty much equal bullshit...Who gives a shit if it's in good taste or effectively proves a point?..it's better than standing around with your Noam Chomsky books going "hoot, hoot, hoot" like a bunch of stupid dodo birds.

The fucking opressors have got it way to easy, standing up to them ludicrously is a step in the right direction. Anything to make people reconsider their complacentcy. There is a brain washed moral majority that would like to knock us all back to the dark ages if they can....people would rather stand around and look indifferent and cool...I support those girls...fuck Putin..the pig.
Posted: Aug 20, 2012 12:12 pm

Dude you gay...the skinny brunnette is a prime piece of Eastern European ass.

Actually I agree. She is the only shiner in a group full of rotten apples. She should be allowed to fuck her way out of prison. The first time I saw the other ones without their guerilla headgear on I suffered severe blunt force trauma to my eyes and had to flush them out with copious amounts of visine to stop the extreme burning sensation. By getting these ugly chicks off the streets and in jail Russia is making admirable efforts to keep Russia beautiful. BTW, the government is looking for the rest of them to throw in the gulag as well. Go Mr. Putin! Kill the monster while its small!!!

http://rt.com/news/pussy-riot-criminal-case-launched-121/
Posted: Aug 20, 2012 12:32 pm

Well I say there is only one who is not fuckable...we must have different standards.
Posted: Aug 20, 2012 1:26 pm

Posted: Aug 20, 2012 1:35 pm

Posted: Aug 20, 2012 2:51 pm

Well I say there is only one who is not fuckable

Aw hell give me a couple of beers and I'll fuck that one too!
Posted: Aug 20, 2012 3:27 pm

Now the truth is coming out...yeah!
Posted: Aug 20, 2012 3:35 pm

Posted: Aug 20, 2012 3:50 pm

wow, almost as good as these
Posted: Aug 20, 2012 4:04 pm

Ha~!
Posted: Aug 21, 2012 4:45 pm

BradX the last thing you need to do is eat more food - yup, just checked, that's you. Also, that has nothing to do with this thread. And killing an animal to eat is is one thing, I never said I was against that - drowning it for fun is shit serial killers do before they get to humans. So I guess your whole argument ads up to jack shit.

killing an animal to eat IS fun. so its cool with you to drown an animal for fun as long as it gets eaten afterwards? got it.
Posted: Aug 21, 2012 8:25 pm

killing an animal to eat IS fun. so its cool with you to drown an animal for fun as long as it gets eaten afterwards? got it.

Sure, pal.
Posted: Aug 21, 2012 8:41 pm

Posted: Aug 21, 2012 8:46 pm

I wouldn't kick her outta the sack.

HEE HAWW!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®