Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Overrated/Underrated
Posted: Jul 31, 2012 4:38 pm

Who is the most overrated band/artist of all time?

Who is the most underrated band/artist of all time?
Posted: Jul 31, 2012 4:44 pm

most people don't even understand the definitions of these words
Posted: Jul 31, 2012 5:25 pm

for fuck's sake we had this conversation last year and it turned into mass dickhead-ed-ness in the blink of an eye.
Posted: Jul 31, 2012 5:35 pm

BLACK FLAG --- OverRaided

OFF ---- UnderRaided
Posted: Jul 31, 2012 6:48 pm | Edited by: leftpeg

Posted: Jul 31, 2012 7:17 pm

funny

[url=http://www.goner-records.com/board/index.php?action=vthread&forum =4&topic=5759]funnier
[/url]

funniest

[url=http://www.goner-records.com/board/index.php?action=vthread&forum =4&topic=11064]the end
[/url]
Posted: Jul 31, 2012 7:23 pm

you get the point.
Posted: Jul 31, 2012 7:46 pm | Edited by: Matto

Over... Nazareth..
Under...the 3/4 sleeve t-shirts all of the best Stoners wore in Junior High... Was quite disappointed when I finally heard the band due to the badassery of their cotton assault..
Posted: Jul 31, 2012 7:47 pm

You serious? Nazareth rule.
Posted: Jul 31, 2012 7:51 pm

Ugh..awful..

like Molly Hatchet their record covers rule...whats actually on the records not so much

You serious? Nazareth rule.

I love Nazareth and pretty much anything my older stoner brother and sister listened too.
Posted: Jul 31, 2012 7:53 pm

No I am messing with the son of a bitch... I'll take that first Boston LP over that all day long.. But it was pretty much AC/DC and Zep 2 for me at that point..
Posted: Jul 31, 2012 7:57 pm

Saw Molly Hatchet in the Daytona Beach Marriott banquet center during spring break in like '89 or '90.. Me and 75 other people.. They had the PA turned up way too loud, so when he did that little whistle in Flirtin with Disaster, both eardrums burst and I ruptured 3 vertebrae.. True story...most of it..
Posted: Jul 31, 2012 9:46 pm

I don't feel like shitting on anyone right now.....WTF just roll with Zep....tired of that band....UNDERRATED! In a metal frame of mind lately thanks to Mangina and sam's mix he sent me......Venom! Black Sabbath's Born Again album and Anthrax in general....those dude's played songs about Stephen King books and comics.....totally cooler than Metallica and Megadeth. Those records sound nothing like the awesome abortion that is Mangina, but that's where I ended up. Mangina....garage metal? Fucking rules.
Posted: Jul 31, 2012 11:08 pm

Most overrated band- The Beatles.

Most overrated artist- Andy Warhol.

Most underrated band- N/A

Most underrated artist- N/A
Posted: Jul 31, 2012 11:43 pm

Canned Heat... Under Fucking Rated
Over?... Pretty much everything..
Posted: Aug 1, 2012 1:40 am

Over rated: Under the Bridge
Under rated: Over the Rainbow
Posted: Aug 1, 2012 1:45 am

Over rated: Under the Tuscan Sun
Under rated: Over the Top
Posted: Aug 1, 2012 1:51 am

Over rated: Under Pressure
Under rated: Over and Over (Sabbath)
Posted: Aug 1, 2012 1:54 am

Over rated: Underdog
Under rated: Overkill(sst)
Posted: Aug 1, 2012 2:07 am

Over rated: Ovaries
Under rated: Underoos
Posted: Aug 1, 2012 8:45 am

Jesus Satan
Posted: Aug 1, 2012 10:07 am

A custodian at work just came in my office, sat down, and proceeded to have a ten-minute conversation about Geddy Lee with himself.
Posted: Aug 1, 2012 10:54 am | Edited by: Vinyl Ritchie

OVER:

UNDER:
Posted: Aug 1, 2012 4:47 pm

Under the Rainbow
Over the Edge
Under the Cherry Moon
Under the Banner of Heaven
Under the Sea
Over My Head (fleetwood mac)
Under the Boardwalk
Over, Under, Sideways, Down
Posted: Aug 1, 2012 8:35 pm

Upramp Of Your Love:

Posted: Aug 1, 2012 8:50 pm

Overrated: Beatles
Underrated: Wings
Posted: Aug 2, 2012 2:44 am

over rated: Exploited
under rated: Exploited
Posted: Aug 2, 2012 2:15 pm

Posted: Aug 2, 2012 5:03 pm

Overrated: Buzzcocks
Underrated: Magazine
Posted: Aug 2, 2012 5:15 pm

Overrated: Wigs
Underrated: Masks
Posted: Aug 2, 2012 6:12 pm

Overrated: Kiss masked
Underrated: Kiss unmasked
Posted: Aug 2, 2012 8:10 pm

Overrated: Buzzcocks
Underrated: Magazine

Poppycock.

Overrated: Romantics
Underrated: Shoes
Posted: Aug 2, 2012 9:29 pm

Overrated: Wigs

even dreadlock wigs?
Posted: Aug 3, 2012 1:38 am

even dreadlock wigs?

me feel a little vex mon.
Posted: Aug 3, 2012 4:00 am

Portabella mushrooms/Xanadu houses
Posted: Aug 3, 2012 8:14 am

Overrated: Bon Scott

Underrated: Brian Johnson
Posted: Aug 3, 2012 8:55 am

Overrated: Bon Scott

Underrated: Brian Johnson

how is Bon Scott overrated? He is one of the best lyricists and frontmen of all time. Brian is arguably underrated but Bon overrated? Who is alive today that can even touch his talent? No one, that's who.
Posted: Aug 3, 2012 9:25 am

over: threads about what's overrated versus underrated

under: watching sarcasm fly right over nanny's head and seeing him squirm like a little sickly crippled toad.
Posted: Aug 3, 2012 11:07 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

You know how people just think Bon Scott shit golden eggs....well yeah he was awesome but so was the very underrated Brian Johnson.

The reason why there is no contemporary front person comporable to Bon is because everyone listens to sterilized, politicaly correct, dog shit aimed at highschool kids, lonely housewives, or construction workers with kids who just want to rock out like it's 1985 again without the LSD.

If Bon Scott was doing his thing today he would be shunned and dogged on. There would be conspiracies to beat him down.

He was pretty fun, perverse and sleazy skeeezyy...he upped the bar for all of us.
Posted: Aug 3, 2012 11:15 am

I mean have you seen old clips of Dean Martin hitting on Charo? It was staged but you can't get away with that shit on TV anymore. Just about everything on Laugh In that wasn't gay friendly camp would be considered in poor taste these days.

I'm sure Bon Scott would get tired of people busting his nuts all the time and just hang it up.
Posted: Aug 3, 2012 12:49 pm

He was pretty fun, perverse and sleazy skeeezyy...he upped the bar for all of us.
And is thus not overrated, but rightly venerated.
Posted: Aug 3, 2012 1:22 pm | Edited by: tigerblinds

Oh come on...Brian Johnson is badass as hell...He is almost equal to Bon Scott...dude just wants to have a laugh and rock the hell out.

As much as I love Bon Scott AC/DC, "Back in Black" is their best record in my opinion...I mean it doesn't get any more badass than that, keeping your dream alive in the face of loss and hardship....persevering in a sea of doubt without loosing sight of your self and the past.

Brian Johnson is underrated by contrast...Bon may not be overrated...except some people won't even give Brian a chance because Bon's star shines so bright.
Posted: Aug 3, 2012 1:45 pm

Bon Scott the multi-instrumentalist:

Posted: Jan 7, 2013 2:22 pm

Who is alive today that can even touch his talent?

It's the schoolboy outfit that gets him touched.
Posted: Jan 7, 2013 2:50 pm

Over - Bazooka Joe
Under - A guy who used to play for the action swingers

Over - tigerblinds
Under - Jack Stands
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®