Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / best albums of 2012 so far
Posted: Jul 28, 2012 6:47 pm

What are some good LPs/45s from this year? Anything?
I count nice re-issues as new.

Thanks to work I haven't been up on any new stuff
Posted: Jul 28, 2012 10:48 pm

Bruce is killing it this year. He released Lower Plenty, a low key kind of weird acoustic thing, which was my fave....until BITS OF SHIT! This album,Cut Sleeves, is sooo fucking great. One of the best punk albums I've heard in years. Goner releases this year have been awesome....The new Lost Sounds is killer. Golden Boys "Dirty Fingernails" is a winner as well.
Posted: Jul 29, 2012 3:06 am

what is this "new" lost sounds?
Posted: Jul 29, 2012 7:14 am

yeah, sorry...the new Lost Sounds reissue. That's what I meant.
Posted: Jul 29, 2012 7:17 am

the new Lost Sounds reissue

not exactly a reissue, but I agree that it rules.
Posted: Jul 29, 2012 7:35 am

To me, it's all about Yamantaka Sonic Titan and Pinkish Black
Posted: Jul 29, 2012 8:02 am

what is this "new" lost sounds?

not exactly a reissue, but I agree that it rules.

OK, I'm gonna get this right. The new Goner release, a collection of outakes and alternate versions of Lost Sounds songs....is killer.
Posted: Jul 29, 2012 10:58 am

Pinkish Black

This is a good record. Really good.
Posted: Jul 29, 2012 3:14 pm

The new River City Tanlines is good. I like the new Norah Jones. Ulver's new on is good too, they picked a bunch of great garage/psych tunes to cover.

Alex Chilton's 1970 Sessions, and the George Harrison record are great reissues.
Posted: Jul 29, 2012 4:22 pm

love the Golden Boys record. Been obsessed with Lower Dens for the last three years. Their second and most recent album is a gloomy fucked up grower.
The dude from Portishead has put out two real great non-Portishead records: Quakers is fucking awesome and has turned me on to a bunch of weird new hip hop artists, and Beak>> for the 21st century Kraut jams. Which leads to the Can Lost Tapes release that is also quite good. Debruit "From the Horizon" for all your electro-afro-funk needs. The Hussy's new record is top notch, even if it's a little less literally "in the red".
Posted: Jul 29, 2012 6:20 pm

Excited to pick up a copy of that Catatonic Youth reissue (which hopefully won't sell out before pay day...)
Posted: Jul 29, 2012 9:49 pm

Hank Wood & the Hammerheads and Crazy Spirit.
Posted: Jul 29, 2012 10:12 pm

I've been getting behind that Cosmonauts LP all year. If You Wanna Die Then I Wanna Die... really excellent if you dig the SP3.

Im pretty excited to hear the new slug guts record that came out last week. And really excited to get the Bitch Prefect LP next week. Can we just move goner fest to austrailia next time and get golden tickets to the outback or whateves for $60?

Can we talk about bummers too? I was pretty excited about the new Timmys Organism record. Pretty Stare (on the first LP) one of the best songs of the last few years. Nothing on the new record comes close to that perfection. Not to say it isnt good...it just isnt as good as Pretty Stare. Ill give it another listen on tuesday.
Posted: Jul 29, 2012 10:14 pm

I like those bootleg bbc recordings coming out of eno, joy division, mbv, souxie, and the others. but that's not new. Neither is the Tronic reish, but I like that to
Posted: Jul 30, 2012 12:35 am

Tarkus.
Posted: Jul 30, 2012 9:55 am

Audacity - Mellow Cruisers

its there sophomore release

burger recs i think.

its really great
Posted: Jul 30, 2012 10:01 am

Hank Wood & the Hammerheads and Crazy Spirit.
Posted: Jul 30, 2012 2:32 pm

Unless reissues count, I can't think of many. The Gary Wrong singles are great. Bitch Prefect & pretty much all aussie stuff is good. Midnite Snaxx. I dunno.
Posted: Jul 30, 2012 2:46 pm

the new Red Kross sounds pretty good so far
Posted: Jul 30, 2012 8:50 pm

once again, flogging my own dong here. hard to believe i can put out a record that should have the garage rock scene by the balls and the goners don't give a fuck. is the goner crowd as anti-garage as terminal boredom now? did you just not know about it, or does it just suck? i can take it if you hate it as long as you actually know about it.

http://slovenly.bandcamp.com/album/the-psyched-self-titled-lp
Posted: Jul 30, 2012 9:11 pm

those New Coke and Paint Fumes records are pretty good
Posted: Jul 31, 2012 12:07 am

LPs:
Funk Police - 'Hot We Are... Funk We Play' (SDZ)
Woollen Kits - s/t (RIP Society)
Radar Eyes - s/t (Hozac)
Corum - "Never Use The Same Door Twice" (Psychic Sound)
Ty Segall & White Fence "Hair" (Drag City)
Ty Segall Band - Slaughterhouse (In The Red)
Lower Plenty "Hard Rubbish" (Easter Bilby)
Bitchin' Bajas "Vibraquatic" (Kallistei Editions)
Spacin' "Deep Thuds" (Richie)
Cheap Time "Wallpaper Music" (In The Red)
Constant Mongrel - Everything Goes Wrong (80/81 - RIP Society)

reissues:
Six Impossible Things - s/t (Untwaga)
Rockin' Horse - Yes It Is (Sing Sing)
Happy Refugees - Last Chance Saloon (Acute)
Tronics - 'Love Backed By Force' LP & 'Shark Fucks' 7" (WYR?)
Talk Talk - 'Laughing Stock' (Ba Da Bing)
Deuter - "D" (Missing Vinyl)
Feedtime - "Aberrant" boxed set (Sub Pop)
v/a - The Southern Psychedelic Moment 1981-86 (Flying Nun)
Lee Hazlewood "LHI Years: Nudes & Backsides" (Light In The Attic)

singles:
Unity Floors - 'Women's Golf' EP
Jacco Gardner "Clear The Air" b/w "House On The Moon" (Action Weekend)
Lures "New Boy" (Salvaged)
Dan Melchior - "Red Nylon Valance" (SDZ)
King Tuff "Wild Desire" b/w "Hole In My Head" (Suicide Squeeze)
White Fence "Green Balloon" b/w "Peephole Blues" / "The Wind & The Sun" (Sexbeat/CMR TYZ)
Koudede - Tassakkne Tara b/w Golf (Sublime Frequencies)
Terrible Truths - Patterns EP (Small Town Living)
Ruined Fortune - Bulls Eye (RIP Society)
Posted: Jul 31, 2012 12:09 am

So far... Been keeping a running tally... May change by the end of the year... Doesn't include all the Trouble In Mind stuff, which I obviously think is tops but will not include...
Posted: Jul 31, 2012 12:10 am

Also: Australia is laying waste to the competition this year. At least in our house.
Posted: Jul 31, 2012 8:33 am

this record IS the shit. i've only heard it on a friend's phone though.
Posted: Jul 31, 2012 8:48 am

those New Coke and Paint Fumes records are pretty good

i thought this was about albums, otherwise i woulda mentioned new coke. of course i love paint fumes too, but new coke... goddamn. i hope they do an album as good as the single.
Posted: Jul 31, 2012 10:41 am

I've liked everything you've done Joe.
Posted: Jul 31, 2012 10:51 am | Edited by: bazooka joe

thanks, but i'm just wondering what happened with the psyched!

the best i got from termbo on them was someone making fun of their name.
Posted: Jul 31, 2012 11:05 am

My own opinion, but the Burger Records scene has made camp the thing...maybe they aren't campy enough....camp to me just makes all of them seem like silly kids, but I'm naturaly campy myself so I can't say it bugs me. Just doesn't get my engine purring.

Anyway, I'm buying some records from Goner on Friday if I can afford it...I'll stop over at Slovenly and pick up some choice slabs o' wax from you too...
Posted: Jul 31, 2012 2:38 pm

Some good metal:

Pallbearer - Sorrow and Extinction
Conan - Monnos
Revenge - Scum.Collapse.Eradication
Proclamation - Nether Tombs of Abbadon
Posted: Jul 31, 2012 4:06 pm

pallbearer rules

another good one
http://huata.bandcamp.com/
Posted: Jul 31, 2012 4:35 pm

I would throw in the latest one from the River City Tanlines as well.
Posted: Aug 1, 2012 8:36 pm

Posted: Aug 1, 2012 9:29 pm

Joe, Good Boy and Bring (It On Home To Me) are on heavy repeat, Psyched is in the words of Hubie Brown "niiiiiice!"
Posted: Aug 1, 2012 11:35 pm

Bits Of Shit - Cut Sleeves is the best record of the year so far.
Posted: Aug 2, 2012 9:57 am

i still think that ty segall's "melted" is a new record cuz i hear it all the time. have a few copies of the thing with white fence showing up in my distro. can't wait to get it cuz from what i know it's the closest in sound to melted.
Posted: Aug 2, 2012 11:58 am

brand new as of today, from the black gladiator album:

Posted: Aug 2, 2012 1:51 pm

Ditto on the River City Tanlines. Love it.

Also been listening to Timmy's Organism
The Lower Plenty album is great too.
Total Control/Thee Oh Sees split 45
The Intelligence
Posted: Aug 2, 2012 1:59 pm

I really love that Psyched album

PSYCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Aug 2, 2012 2:03 pm

HEE-HAW!
Posted: Aug 2, 2012 2:52 pm

New King Tuff. As good as or better than the first on, but it took a few listens for me.
Posted: Aug 2, 2012 3:19 pm

I learned from an email that Doug Moody sent me that Mystic Records will be reissuing the Aryan Disgrace 7". So make sure you have money leftover for that when it comes out
Posted: Aug 2, 2012 3:42 pm

rerelease of Immaculada by the The Men is out!
Posted: Aug 3, 2012 6:56 pm

Heard the new Angel Witch album today... Just as crucial as their first record. Such a great band.
Posted: Aug 7, 2012 12:50 pm

Bruce is killing it this year. He released Lower Plenty, a low key kind of weird acoustic thing,

I like this record, but it led to Dick Diver, which I like even more (even though their record is 2k11)! Go aussies go!
Posted: Aug 7, 2012 2:06 pm

Thanks for the heads up Rayultine...just checked out Lower Plenty's soundcloud. I realy like what I consider the Silver Jews inspired bands to come out in recent years....

http://soundcloud.com/special-award-records/sets/lower-plenty-hard-rub bish
Posted: Aug 7, 2012 2:22 pm

I've liked everything you've done Joe.

Me-hee too-hoo.
HONESTLY!

Esp. this brilliant sarcastic little joke:

this record IS the shit.
Posted: Aug 7, 2012 2:34 pm | Edited by: Ding Le Dangle

I'd even go so far as to say THEE TURD!
Posted: Aug 7, 2012 5:34 pm

wasn't digging the dick diver until i saw this vid and it clicked

Posted: Aug 7, 2012 5:37 pm

totally differant feel then lower plenty in my opinon

Posted: Aug 8, 2012 8:27 am

those videos are silly like those songs are radical
Posted: Aug 8, 2012 8:41 am

American Snakeskin 12" is a killer.
Posted: Aug 8, 2012 9:00 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

Most "buzz worthy" bands these days remind me of Public Image Limited or Big Audio Dynamite...I like both of those bands so I'm liking things pretty well....
Posted: Aug 8, 2012 10:37 am

shame on me, but the new sebadoh single is pretty awesome.
Posted: Aug 8, 2012 10:38 am

yeah, sorry...the new Lost Sounds reissue. That's what I meant.

I've never checked out Lost Songs because I thought I might hate it a lot. damn was I wrongo. And this record is their fucking b-sides/rarities collection? I shudder to think about how good their actual records might be. Which ones are y'alls faves?
Posted: Aug 8, 2012 10:50 am

Black Wave
Posted: Aug 8, 2012 4:23 pm

sebadoh

I can never listen to them again with out laughing. They were playing the Hi Tone one night and Don(bullyrook) was at the pop and was drunkenly trying to put together a posse to go fight them. I have no idea why......but that shit was funny.
Posted: Aug 8, 2012 4:36 pm

I've never checked out Lost Songs because I thought I might hate it a lot. damn was I wrongo. And this record is their fucking b-sides/rarities collection? I shudder to think about how good their actual records might be. Which ones are y'alls faves?

To be honest....I have one other record of theirs......Blac Static...the Fat Possum reissue......I liked it, but didn't give it a lot of play...it just didn't stick. I love the Goner release though....I would ask what albums are more like this record?
Posted: Aug 8, 2012 5:31 pm

I can never listen to them again with out laughing

Yeah, they're totally dumb. Not much of the stuff they made when I was a kid has aged well. Or maybe it has since I never did drugs as a teenager. I'm honestly just waiting for tigerblinds to write a 5 paragraph essay about all the shit he was listening to in '94 that was way cooler than Sebadoh and why his life is a huge bummer.
Posted: Aug 8, 2012 6:32 pm

Their not dumb. I like'em. It's just that Don has kind of tainted them for me with his tomfoolery.
Posted: Aug 8, 2012 10:11 pm

tigerblinds doesn't post on Goner anymore. Remember his goodbye?
Posted: Aug 8, 2012 10:13 pm

PS...does someone want to send me the Bits of Shit album? I'm going to buy it but my car got broken into and they busted my car the fuck up for an old iPod and a shitty stereo from 2005...and now I have $1000+ in car repairs...so record buying is off the list for the foreseeable future.
Posted: Aug 8, 2012 10:46 pm

email me your address at anthony23@ms.metrocast.net...i'll hook you up. It's my favorite album of the year....you need it.
Posted: Aug 9, 2012 9:29 pm | Edited by: bruce

Posted: Aug 9, 2012 10:11 pm

Can't wait for them at Gonerfest, man.......what a bad ass band.
Posted: Aug 10, 2012 11:42 am

No offense folks, but that band makes me sick.
What a weak ac/dc rip off.

bits of shit from down under?
One big Australian turd!

And ????? has become a metal message board.

Fuuuuuuuuuck.
Posted: Aug 10, 2012 4:46 pm

Not fair Nanne. I can buy the ac/dc influence....but it's not what your making it out to be. This board is eclectic....today it's metal.....tomorrow it'll be garage folk or something.....you know how it is.
Posted: Aug 10, 2012 5:02 pm

sorry nanny boo boo
didn't know I had to just stick to one genre of music like they do at the goner store
Posted: Aug 11, 2012 5:37 am | Edited by: Ding Le Dangle

bullshit
I myself posted about metal and like a lot of recent metal records

but it's gotten outa control on this board

This board is eclectic?
It is not. This board suffers from a moodswing that doesn't seem to stop: metal talk.

Furthermore Cole: I could say like one of those diehard Gonerstore fans: I really dig the Slug Guts, and if you said to me: jesus fuckin christ old fart, that's a bad rip off from the Birtday Party and the Gun Club, then you would be right too.
I like the Slug Guts, but could totally understand why someone would hate 'm for the reasons mentioned above.
I don't think they're great, but I like the record. It makes me sentimental.

To me Bits of Shit sound like couple of drunks who try to be AC/DC at Amateur Hour.

And I am totally right when I say there's a metal tsunami that only gets worse on ????.

Fair play.
Posted: Aug 11, 2012 5:50 am

You know me better than that Mark.
I even refuse to buy stuff at the Goner Store. I don't like to get insulted by guys who work in a recordstore. Esp not while buying stuff.
I buy that shit here, at recordstores or at other distro's and webstores.
Goner Store can suck my dick.
Posted: Aug 11, 2012 8:20 am

two threads on the front page is a tsunami?

the dutch don't build dykes like they used to
or do they?
Posted: Aug 11, 2012 11:04 am

nope
our future King is chief watermanagement and he knows and talks a lot about the risks we are facing, but building dykes: no.

One big piece of ice falling of the northpole, which can happen any minute, and our country is completely gone.
Scientists explained this hundred times on tv,
but the anti flood protection we get is just to protect our big shipping business.

I have a deal with my mom. When the tsunami comes, we're gonna pour ourselfs a drink and gonna sit in a gardenchair welcoming the water.

This country should drown. Better gone than gone fascist.

Two threads?
A million metal posts in other threads.
Anti flood protection?
Not for metal talk and not for Tigerblinds, who found a way to escape it and I keep asking myself how he did it.
Posted: Aug 15, 2012 4:54 am

My favourite rerelease of this year will probably the Immacula lp by The Men, but god allmighty:
why didn't the label sent the testpressings back to the plant with a note that said:

'Are you fucking kidding me, you bunch of flakes?!!!!'
Posted: Aug 16, 2012 9:32 am

O, Monoshock is also a very great rerelease, even if your American SS is involved.

(How vain can a shithead be to call his label SS records, thinking that it will already will become more famous during his life than the German SS from WII)

Yes folks: Soriano is bigger than Jezus and more famous than Hitler.

But still.
Essential record.
Posted: Aug 16, 2012 9:48 am

he has a hyphen.

you have a hymen.
Posted: Aug 16, 2012 9:57 am

shut up loser
Posted: Aug 16, 2012 10:19 am

make me, crazy legs.
Posted: Aug 16, 2012 10:35 am

you tried to get the word hymie in there but failed
it probably went right over everybody's head

but no matter how much you yell 'sarcasm' or 'ironie',
you are the biggest anti-Semitic on this board, cath boy. And you will always be.

You are the most disgusting loser I have ever known.
Posted: Aug 16, 2012 12:23 pm

I get slowed down by Anti-flood protection also...so don't get all paranoid.

The metal stuff is sort of regional...I don't mind it becuase I'm appathetic and an absurdist for the most part...and I hate being taken literaly...it's not even that I like to be flippant or anything. I just hate being pigeon holed.

But honestly metal is supreme in the midwest and south. It still offers a viable alternative lifestyle and culture. We all have shitty jobs and impossible dreams that we would like to escape if we could, and any viable subculture will help you do that.

When I stopped listening to my parents music, I started listening to my cousins music...he is from Western, Kentucky...he was into Metal...then I moved to DC and listened to alot of Howard Stern on DC101...watched alot of Headbangers Ball, so it's a culture that's familiar to me and most folks in middle America...and it's realy rediculous, weird and funny.
Posted: Aug 16, 2012 12:27 pm

Actually, Rap and juggalo shit are supreme in the Midwest....Metal is almost hipster by comparison...but they all operate under the same precepts...almost all subcultures do. We need even more of them at this point....because things are so homogenized now with the internet being so prevailant....it's hard to establish any significant culture or group identity...
Posted: Aug 16, 2012 12:32 pm

there is this guy in my neighborhood...he must be in his late 40s....I can't figure out if he is into LA Guns or like My Bloody Valentine...but he is always mowing his yard in like black jeans and boots and paisley vest and stuff, died black hair....I'm always tempted to be like "hey man why the hell don't I know you yet?" "What music you be digging on?"...

I wear basketball shorts and stained up running shoes when I mow the lawn, I feel like such a fair weather music fan.
Posted: Aug 16, 2012 12:36 pm

Europe is also still drenched in metal, old school, new school, crazy school.
(It drove the editors of the rag I used to work for crazy.)
I don't mind, I used to go to metalshows just for the company of the audience, who were just as nice and cool as the scumfucks I hung with in highschool. Felt like going back in time for a few hours, kinda of shooting up.

It just think it's weird. Seeing how big genres as noise and hip hop are too here. Well, hiphop is still reviewed, less and less though, but for noise you only have the global community on the web, or some overeducated shithead bullshit in The Face.
Posted: Aug 16, 2012 12:48 pm

It's not even the teenagers who need their own subculture at this point, it's the grown ups who realy need it....you can't exactly just get married and expect to be married forever anymore, and no one realy has the job security people used to, or derive a sense of identity from family and career like they used too. People need other unique interests to spice up their lives.

Like flipping and flopping between the Church and the blues...music is a thing of the spirit and that's the sort of thing people need....metal is treated like a religion...part of the reason the blues and metal are so preoccupied with the Devil...I don't realy think it's because Metal evolved from the Blues via AC/DC or Led Zeppelin or something....I think it's because they both fill the same spiritual void in peoples lives as does the church.
Posted: Aug 16, 2012 12:54 pm | Edited by: tigerblinds

Yeah Metal doesn't realy speak to me either on any grand scale.

I like weird music from small towns, that don't even get a turn out in their own towns...like studio bands practically, only they can't play their instruments...or like outsider country blues from 4 generations back.

...and that just says something about my place in society.
Posted: Aug 16, 2012 1:08 pm

I don't have a place in society anymore and getting that far almost cost me, and soon wiil cost me my life, and I don't give a flying fuck.

What I forget to say was:
when I wanna talk metal, I would join a metal board. I'm sure there are plenty good ones.

I came to this forum, and this forum only, for a couple of reasons, of which Metal Talk wasn't one and will never be one.
It is a waste of space on the Goner Board to me.
Posted: Aug 16, 2012 1:14 pm

eh, that sounded really pathetic

I mean by 'society' this horrible country

and the thing that will kill me is the cheepnis of the horror in my life
Posted: Aug 16, 2012 1:45 pm | Edited by: tigerblinds

I kind of just have a love/hate relationship with "musicians"....I'm more into music by cool non-musicians than music by musicians.

So much about being a musician is cliche at this point and not very romantic.

The other day I asked someone if they wanted to start a 'real garage band', and by that I mean, we don't play any bullshit standards (or maybe all we do is standards) and no one knows what key any of our songs are in...basically the most inept player is on guitar...and we don't take seriously being taken seriously. Every song borders on deconstructionalist noise...and even if everyone can play their instruments every song will still sound like deconstructionalist noise.

Maybe she will go for it who knows...but that's basically how I would describe my dream band....I still like the standard song format however, like even if the entire song is one riff, it's got to have different singing parts and be less than five minutes as a general rule....I am very very pop oriented.

Good music to me liberates people from social constraints, and the "cult of the musician" is one big cliche I would rather avoid....but then you have shit like blues and metal that put it on this pedestal to the point where they all fucking sound the same.
Posted: Aug 16, 2012 2:14 pm | Edited by: tigerblinds

Realy I'm getting way more into electronica...I hear more electronica/guitar hybrids that I think are kind of cool than garage bands...and I just think it's because they have more of the mind set I just described.

It's more romantic music to me, more personal to the artist...

For awhile I had a good run writing those acoustic songs, recording them, and throwing them up on facebook. Just very personal and eccentric tunes, that reflect my base musical development. I'm still going to do them but I go threw phases and get distracted with the "real band" I'm in. I'm just way more casual about music than most people, alot of folks would shutter at the thought of writing a song and recording it right away...I usually fuck up a few places, but as long as I get the jist accross I don't even care...that's more interesting and fun for me. If I ever feel like doing a live set, I'll just pick a couple to go back and learn for real.
Posted: Aug 16, 2012 2:21 pm

So often people take my favorite bands and try to polish up their sound make them more musician friendly and sell them to the masses and it usually works....well I kind of fucking hate that. The "musician friendly" sound is so fucking played out...I hate it. I tolerate it because it's still a tool for expressing a unique emotion...I mean being able to play music comes in handy for PLAYING MUSIC...but 9 times out of 10 they don't achieve shit, it's not unique...it's played out.

It's like George Thorogood reworking John Lee Hooker...I'll fucking pass.
Posted: Aug 16, 2012 2:26 pm | Edited by: tigerblinds

Maybe Metal is the wave of the future...all of us crude guys should strip down metal..piss off all of the puritans...they would boo the shit out of anything like that...I bet that would rule.

Just deconstruct it like The Gories did with the blues....if anybody wants to start that kind of band get me involved...I will at least put the word out, maybe do a record if I'm in any sort of financial position to do so. Hell I'll play bass if you wanted to get a job washing dishes and stay in my guest bedroom for a couple months.

I'd love to piss off asshole musician metal heads.
Posted: Aug 16, 2012 2:38 pm

well, i did say that the psyched is a punk version of electric wizard / doom metal.
Posted: Aug 16, 2012 2:39 pm

Man, I decided to stop being a musician because when I have a band I am a bigger bastard than Frankie Z. I'd kick a member of the band's ass for every fuck up on stage.

Back to cheepnis; this is what I mean.
The bastard didn't put up Frank's intro, so that piece first before the song.

The intro:

the song:

that video was made by a fan.
Posted: Aug 16, 2012 2:48 pm

Psyched are cool.

I'm thinking a stripped down metal sound, would be like some of The Donnas stuff...but that was 4 girls....imagine if you had some people from other varied backgrounds doing it.

I think it would be a fun project....the thing about it is that most people who want to start a band have a hard time sticking to abstract concepts like that...like most people come to the table with a few particular bands in mind, and push to sound as much like them as possible. It's hard to be like, lets play Slayer using the Ramones chord without all the stupid fast drum fills.
Posted: Aug 16, 2012 2:49 pm

Like most people would want to keep getting better and better so they can play all those stupid fast Slayer drum fills.....so they could sound as much like Slayer as possible....not me...I'd rather sit on my ass, chase skirt and drink beer.
Posted: Aug 16, 2012 2:54 pm

Posted: Aug 16, 2012 2:59 pm | Edited by: tigerblinds

This is a private conversation between me and Ding..butt out Mark.

I hate it when people are like, I need to practice this some...I'll get it by next practice....my attitude is "no way mozart...play something simpler."
Posted: Aug 16, 2012 3:20 pm

audacity mellow cruisers
gentleman jesse leaving town
pallbearer sorrow and extinction
killer mike r.a.p. music
new coke 7"
tough shits s/t
asphyx deathhammer
Posted: Aug 16, 2012 3:34 pm

new coke 7"

i'm glad you like it, my fat friend!

Posted: Aug 16, 2012 8:55 pm

that was some stream of consciousness writing earlier today.....it's fun to let your mind wander...

But yeah some stripped down Slayer might sound like Lamps or Mayyors? That would rule.

Funny i made that crack about George Thorogood, but he is playing at the State Fair tonight and I almost went.
Posted: Aug 17, 2012 3:26 am

Well, TB, that's why I had to become a novelist.
If gives you all the power you want over people who do not exist. You can hurt, hate or love 'm all you want when you got 'm in your head: it doesn't harm them.

Believe it or not:
G.T. appeared in a dream I had this week.
Posted: Aug 17, 2012 3:27 am

Now let's pick a fight again.
Posted: Aug 17, 2012 11:31 am

I might take up writing or painting, I haven't decided which...but it is kind of empowering being able to sit down and produce a semi-finished product with complete creative freedom.

You actually just described what I think makes writers kind of looney....they are always trying to rewrite real life, or just relish in the power of having complete control over their characters.

I think that's why so many writers are alcoholics, because alcoholism is ultimately about control. It's fueled by feelings of helplessness or whatever...not being able to accept the world on its own terms.

But still, I've always enjoyed writing, and I have all the same tendencies, I just reached a point where I didn't want to go any further into the rabbit hole, or maybe I'm just lazy.

My main objective is to take more photographs..that's always what I'm looking for..that's what I'm designing my life around.
Posted: Aug 17, 2012 12:21 pm | Edited by: Ding Le Dangle

alcoholism is ultimately about control

no, it's to make the world smaller and smaller, so you think you get more power over it while in fact you are losing power, you just don't notice it anymore once you started drinking heavily and (to paraphase Lowry's hero) you always feel not drunk enough or simply too drunk to be able to enjoy it.

Furthermore:
To think that all writers write to recreate life is bullshit.

That they all live in Looney Tune Land is true though.
Posted: Aug 17, 2012 1:11 pm | Edited by: tigerblinds

you always feel not drunk enough or simply too drunk to be able to enjoy it

How true...that's almost any substance that becomes a crutch.

I don't know, recreating life seems to be synonymous with writing...I mean you're describing the world in symbols and metaphor.

I'm sure everyone has different approaches to the craft, but you can't deny you spend alot of time in your head.
Posted: Aug 17, 2012 1:17 pm

forgot to add: but in panic attacs you get glimps of the bigger world, and those are so monstrous in showing you what you're running from, that you'll try to drink yourself in a coma right away again
Posted: Aug 17, 2012 1:22 pm

I do not write to recreate life. I write for other reasons.
And I know a lot of writers who don't either.
And a whole lot who do, because they lack imagination and one or more philosophic chessproblems.
Posted: Aug 17, 2012 1:23 pm

This has nothing to do with all that time that you spend in your head: that's just work.
Posted: Aug 17, 2012 2:19 pm

You don't turn yourself into the protagonist of every thing you write? I mean I don't knock it, I think everyone should be the protagonist of their work or internal dialogue.
Posted: Aug 17, 2012 3:29 pm

no man, no way
I use it when I need it,
but (and you all should laugh now): my books are even more destructive than I seem to be to you folks.
I just am a sucker for very, VERY high art, I do not like second rate art, so I am unbearable arrogant and demanding when it comes to my own work and that of others.
Posted: Aug 17, 2012 5:14 pm

"Great art is horseshit, buy tacos." Hank Chinaski
Posted: Aug 18, 2012 12:13 am

We don't have one decent mexican restaurant in this town!
Posted: Aug 18, 2012 12:54 am

o, and I consider his Ham on Rye as high art and a couple of his poems too,

don't Bukowski me,
I tried to keep his work alive in this dumb country
I like reading him, but he wrote a lot of shit that really is crap

not 'low art'
but crap
Posted: Aug 18, 2012 2:06 am

Big Station is still one of my faves so far.
Posted: Aug 18, 2012 9:19 am | Edited by: Ding Le Dangle

good one
Posted: Aug 18, 2012 6:23 pm

ham on rye is great, a lot of what he wrote was bullshit, I'm sure he'd tell you that himself.

that's the difference between him and AN ARTIST though

fuck art, let's fart
Posted: Aug 19, 2012 9:56 am

I can't disagree with you on this one, Stewie

I think farts are the greatest and most suitable creations humanity can produce in this universe

but farting is no art, because one totally lacks control over sound, smell, time and place

forgive me for taking high art very, VERY seriously; it makes me hardly like any of it
Posted: Aug 19, 2012 12:34 pm

That's not clear enough

I mean (just to be clear):

I do take hight art very, VERY serious. That's why I hardly like any of it.

Excuse you me
Posted: Aug 19, 2012 12:37 pm

but farting is no art, because one totally lacks control over sound, smell, time and place

Nonsense...

This has been an artform for hundreds of years....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flatulist
Posted: Aug 19, 2012 12:40 pm

I dislike it cause it's terrible, I also don't take it seriously at all...are we alike, are we different?
Posted: Aug 19, 2012 3:10 pm

first of all TF: will you fuck off when I'm talking with one of my very, VERY few homo-iez here?
Wait a minute (weeeeeeellllll thank you, George), I mean: couldn't you just fuck off in general? You are just a fruit fly with his first AA coin here.

Mark, we are different. I wrote a novel, very highbrow, in which I sketched the possibility of High Art just being a result of a mental disease. Something that I think is very close to the truth.... not only because I am a lunatic myself.
My last book seemed totally about the same subject, but was not. Hell, I'm a writer in the dumbest literature in the world. I think High Art might be the result of a simple mental disease. And I don't live in a country that has much proof for another point of view.
Fuck Dutch Lit. It really is complete and utter shite compared to what other European countries have presented in the 3 last centuries.

I truly believe Human Beings are anamoly's of nature. One of those black holes that made Einstein go nuts from time to time, and a thing that makes me piss as much on darwinism as on religion.

The first Beavis and Butt-Head shows on MTV. Now there's something CRUCIAL that humanity managed to cough up.

At least, that is my philosophy.
Posted: Aug 19, 2012 3:24 pm

Nope not gonna do what some dullwit eurotrash demands of me...its the new frontier...the INNERNETZ...I post where I want and when It's appropo.

I traded all my AA chips for shots of cheap scotch...and I'd trade YOU for a bag of stale chips if anyone were willing to pay that for you.

You can private text mr miller as to your "literary" failures...one of a very long list I'm certain...but put it in a public forum and it's game.
And you spoke out of your ass...PUN INTENDED...about
flatulists and their relevance.

I consider what you post as the internet version of a flatulist performance.
But way more mental illness and not as funny.

Now you go fuck yourself...cuz someone on the internet told you to.
Posted: Aug 20, 2012 2:52 am

game?
yeah
but you can't play it

you're just a board commentator with nothing to say

and I'd trade YOU for a bag of stale chips if anyone were willing to pay that for you.

then get off my nutsack, fool
Posted: Aug 20, 2012 9:52 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

I like Art...I don't believe in High Art. I also don't like the "cult of the artist"....I do think artists almost always have problems because society and the artist's own clique fucking hate them...wants to rip them down. The individual always stands out...especially one with real vision. They set the stage for huge cultural change and get thrown crumbs, the term "starving artist" has nothing to do with food....usualy some fascist meat-head shit-head sits at the top of the food chain.

Maybe it takes a motherfucker to clue in a world full of motherfuckers...I don't want to downgrade the importance of stupid, lecherous, art fascists.

I don't see where Bukowski is even pertinent to this debate.
Posted: Aug 20, 2012 10:26 am

this makes no sense at all to me
wadda you mean:

Maybe it takes a motherfucker to clue in a world full of motherfuckers...I don't want to downgrade the importance of stupid, lecherous, art fascists.

and Bukowski is always thrown in here
Posted: Aug 20, 2012 10:35 am

do you mean that an artist like Nabokov is an art fascist?

or did you mean me for believing in High Art
Posted: Aug 20, 2012 11:15 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

I mean people are inherently stupid and lazy, and by nature look for folks to clue them into shit...folks who are more tapped into a certain Zeitgeist. The artist, staunch individualist, on a quest for personal meaning, rejects all short cuts to thinking and experiencing.

Nabokov, is a good example of how idealists often wind up at the opposite perspective of where they began...liberators often become fascists and dictators...
Posted: Aug 20, 2012 11:20 am

It's not the artist who reaches for that position of head motherfucker....it's a political achievement. It's a job for meat heads and fascists.

The artist is typically in a state of revolt...more concerned with real human conditions.
Posted: Aug 20, 2012 11:23 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

A guy like Wagner is a good example of an art Fascist. Setting up schools all over germany to widen his own audience and fascilitate his stringent musical and social theories.

He was a good example of an art fascist.
Posted: Aug 20, 2012 11:48 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

"High Art" is a class distinction.

Another good example is how the 5% upper crust in Brazil, try to say that the National Folk Music is Bossa Nova, a style strongly derivative of 60's Motown with a distinctly latin tempo....they totally downplay and deny Caribe, which is mostly a result of indigenous indian rythms and some references to colonial slave culture. Bossa Nova is the music of the upper 5%, it bares little impact on the lives of normal people and doesn't say anything about their dreams, hopes, and desires. We Americans love it, because we can afford to live a life of leisure that Bossa Nova exemplifies. It also self-references our beloved Motown.

But yeah, the ruling class rewrites cultural facts to their own liking.

The mythology of the artist is that they transcend all class distinctions. The artist has no class....there might be a little truth to the artist standing outside of all that, but you are always a product of where you come from. "Cult of The artist" types think they can become some strange animal via art...they would like to escape themselves via art.
Posted: Aug 20, 2012 11:50 am

Nabokov, is a good example of how idealists often wind up at the opposite perspective of where they began

what the hell do you mean?!

Apart from the fact that Nabokov never, at any point in his life, was an idealist (his Dad was, and got shot for it):
What was according to you the beginning perspective him?
And what is according to you his last?
Wherein lies the change?

Please do me a big fave & answer these questions!
Posted: Aug 20, 2012 11:53 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

Bossa Nova, supposedly the native folk sound of Brazil if you ask the ruling class...is an attempt to align themselves with the imperial power, the Unites States.

Bossa Nova is considered "High Art"...Caribe is considered a bastard. All it has to do with is the prevailant class system...that's all that those distinctions are based on.
Posted: Aug 20, 2012 11:55 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

As far as I know about Nabokov, he was fairly left wing in his youth, and then wound up staunchly right wing as he aged.
Posted: Aug 20, 2012 11:58 am

Wagner was a smart-ass and a pantie sniffer, no shit.
He wrote some fine ditties though.

You're losing me here my man.
I call bullshit.

You talk about NON Fiction

I talk stricktly about fiction and classical music and paintings and Beavis and Butt-Head and shit.

Not movies. Movies are low art as soon as they are called ART by themselves/the director
Posted: Aug 20, 2012 12:01 pm

As far as I know about Nabokov, he was fairly left wing in his youth, and then wound up staunchly right wing as he aged.

That is absolutely NOT the case.
Really. Someone or Google must have dropped you a big fat chocolate twinky man.
Posted: Aug 20, 2012 12:03 pm

I'm not realy interested in intellectualism or being seen as an academic, so I don't realy keep up with the cultural significance of alot of shit.

A book that could give you a good elementary basis of the role the artist plays in society is The Outsider by Colin Wilson..the follow up book written 20 years later, Beyond The Outsider, is written on a more scholarly level.

Colin Wilson is a dude who gets over looked because he is outside the hoighty toighty fascist bullshit political art world.
Posted: Aug 20, 2012 12:04 pm

I read Lolita for a class..that's about the extent of it.
Posted: Aug 20, 2012 12:14 pm

and the end of it

I'm gonna get drunk now, cause you really don't know what you are talking about here

goodnight!

(or maybe I will be back WHEN I am totally drunk, you never know these things do you, because evolution went just a lttle bit too far with us people)
Posted: Aug 20, 2012 12:16 pm

Bossa Nova, supposedly the native folk sound of Brazil if you ask the ruling class

bossa nova (trans: "new beat") was unveiled in 1959. surely there was a native folk sound before then. i hope!
Posted: Aug 20, 2012 12:25 pm | Edited by: tigerblinds

That's the thing...Brazilian government would just assume erase the history before the 60s...it largely has to do with who the dictators were...alot of times a dictator will take over and try to destroy all history of the older regime.

History is written by the winners, have you ever heard that one? To an extent it's true...especially when you are dealing with third world nations that might not put as much emphasis on the scientific method or being accurate or whatever.

Ding, sorry I'm not an expert on Nabokov...no wonder you get so frustrated on here...we can't all be experts on Nabokov.
Posted: Aug 20, 2012 12:28 pm | Edited by: tigerblinds

A Brazillian aristocrat will have nothing to do with that bastard slave music, Caribe.

It's like rich honkeys and rap music here in the states.

Artists are always trying to get away from the political bullshit...people like to politicize everything...I say most real "artists" hate that shit.
Posted: Aug 20, 2012 12:40 pm

A Brazillian aristocrat will have nothing to do with that bastard slave music, Caribe.

makes sense to me.
Posted: Aug 20, 2012 1:47 pm

Just like in the U.S. you get people who think White folks are the original Americans...in Brazil it's even worse...the ruling class, typicaly white like the spanish settlers, indicating less breeding with the native peoples, don't want to acknowledge the greater Brazilian culture at all. To them they represent all that is good about Brazil, the native peoples are just stupid bastards with no history.

History is all politicized and relative and shit...
Posted: Aug 20, 2012 3:10 pm

it's like the 5,000 monkeys on 5,000 typewriters theory
Posted: Aug 20, 2012 4:00 pm

all that is good about Brazil,

what exactly did you do for the CIA in Brazil anyway?
Posted: Aug 21, 2012 5:01 am | Edited by: Ding Le Dangle

Ding, sorry I'm not an expert on Nabokov...no wonder you get so frustrated on here...we can't all be experts on Nabokov.

Nah, it's not just that.

You don't know anything or understand anything about 'being an artist'.

And of course many 'real artists' are always victims of the folks who run that business and 'politicize' everything. But give those 'real artists' a chance to politicize their career and over 90% of 'm would do it.

I think you actually believe more in 'real artists' than I do.

And even your pizza delivery boy knows that Nabokov stated again and again that he was absolutely non-political and not interested in politics at all.

A bit of a weird statement. Of course: he hated communism and fascism just as bad as the members of the Russian community in exile who did nothing else than complain about all the money they lost.
But he also wrote many novels against (every form of) totalitarianism.

He also loathed America for it's lack of mental and physical hygiene and table manners.
He also thought the universe was a wonderful miracle and that almost everybody in it was a dumbass.

Just a few of his Strong Opinions.

He had a lot of those.
I often disagree with him. On many subjects.
Posted: Aug 21, 2012 7:32 am

I should have expounded more on why society always hates the artist...that was my only short coming..I don't think you know shit about what you talk about Ding....the fact that you even want to have this conversation on a rocknroll chat board is pompous as it gets.

Society hates the artist because they exist outside of the bullshit class system. They create their own systems of meaning that are not hinged on money or birth right. They find significance in things that serve no practical use to the ruling class...etc. Many an essay has been written on the subject.

The best metaphor for the Artist is probbably Jesus on the cross...and it's realy no coincidence that majority of cult leaders are failed artists....they occupy a similar place in the social frame of things.

I don't realy give a shit about Nabokov, you can stop now...I might go back and read him if I ever have any practical use for it. Whatever I got from him was via Pynchon, or Don Delillo or any other intellectual I may have liked in the past who was influenced by him.

I don't have any use for "high art."
Posted: Aug 21, 2012 7:37 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

Nietzsche in his early days believed that the artist best embodied his principles on the "ubermensch"...but as he developed his philosophy, he started regarding Artists much as he regarded Christians. He thought the diplomat and politician were closer approximations...but that's when he started to go loopy, and his sister with her husband in the Third Reich a generation before WWII edited those texts extensively.
Posted: Aug 21, 2012 7:46 am

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

Shut the fuck up, dumbass.

the fact that you even want to have this conversation on a rocknroll chat board is pompous as it gets.

Bwahaaaaaaaaaaa. Just because you fail to make any sense?

Yeah, have a new thread about how the weather is 'at your place right now'.
Posted: Aug 21, 2012 7:48 am

But do you get why Nietszche regarded the artist so highly in the early days? Because the artist "creates meaning out of nothing"...and he saw nihilism as mankinds greatest enemy.

That's also why the artist is such a percieved threat to social hierachy on all levels. Everyone steals from the artist, as soon as they find meaning, there the hoards of imposters swoop in.

A piece of artwork is like a baby, you release it into the world and it takes on a life of it's own.

After enduring this for so long, practically from day one, most people develope a self destructive bent.

The best way for one to avoid those futile feelings is to be aware of the process that is happening around them...

The artist should refuse to destroy themselves, they should let the polite masses who don't like to get their hands dirty, do it for them...expose them for the blood thirsty pigs that they are...like Jesus.

I'm not an artist...I try to take on pigs one by one, by not giving them the respect and satisfaction they they think they warrant. It's not a social quest, it's a personal one.
Posted: Aug 21, 2012 7:48 am

Society hates the artist because they exist outside of the bullshit class system. They create their own systems of meaning that are not hinged on money or birth right.

I wish.
Posted: Aug 21, 2012 7:49 am

How am I not making sense shithead...you're drowning, you're in over your head that's all.

You want to start discussing the intellectuals I took all of these concepts from? These are old attitudes that I hold....

half the shit that constitutes "high art" is based on these ideas.
Posted: Aug 21, 2012 7:51 am

Stop it!
Or I'll shit myself from laughin.
Posted: Aug 21, 2012 7:52 am

Society hates the artist because they exist outside of the bullshit class system. They create their own systems of meaning that are not hinged on money or birth right.

Exactly...I mentioned yesterday that it's a myth...you can never truly escape your class...but according to the classicalism and the tenents of "high art" the artist creates his own "class"...it's the "artists class"...

I honestly don't see where the confusion lies....someone into "high art" should have no problem swallowing this dog shit or at least know where I'm coming from.
Posted: Aug 21, 2012 7:55 am

kind of like clergy have the "religous class" on the boundaries of the class system...the artist has the "artists class"...neither abide by the same rules as the rest of us.
Posted: Aug 21, 2012 7:56 am

Ding, buddy...I'm the one who's laughing.

Lets talk some more about "high art" I eat this bullshit up...
Posted: Aug 21, 2012 7:57 am

"High Art" is one of the art fascists favorite terms.
Posted: Aug 21, 2012 7:59 am

There is a difference between the product and the artist, you dumb dipshit.
You keep confusing those two very, VERY different thingies.
Posted: Aug 21, 2012 8:00 am

So you do call me a fascist.

Dear o dear.
I'm gonna stop talking to you about this.
God, I wish Baker was around.
Posted: Aug 21, 2012 8:00 am

I do believe that society hates the artist however...I'm not trying to discredit some of the core tenets of "high art"...I just reject the morality bullshit...distinguishing between the "high" artist and the craftsman or "folk" artist, "outsider" artist....these distinctions are just classisms.

And again, I don't believe they have any place on a rocknroll messageboard....outside of puffing yourself up and saying look at me, I'm so smart.
Posted: Aug 21, 2012 8:02 am | Edited by: Ding Le Dangle

puffing yourself up and saying look at me, I'm so smart

forgive me and the rest of us, but that,my old friend, would be you.

Now git!
Posted: Aug 21, 2012 8:02 am

There is a difference between the product and the artist, you dumb dipshit.
You keep confusing those two very, VERY different thingies.

Wrong...a few posts prior to this comment, I stated that the artistic product stands in staunch contrast to the artist themselves....very offten folks love the product and still loathe the artist. Further adding to the general fucked up ness of the poor artist.
Posted: Aug 21, 2012 8:04 am

No I am not wrong even though you said that
that's how confused you are
Posted: Aug 21, 2012 8:08 am | Edited by: Ding Le Dangle

I'm out of here.
This is getting toooooooooooooo stooooooooooooooopid.

Fuck you for your dumbness.

I actually regret your stupidity at the same time.

Now go READ Nietzsche in stead of googling him.
Posted: Aug 21, 2012 8:27 am

Wow...I just logged back on to say I was done indulging you, because this is just going to end up in one of those abstract talking in circles mindfucks.

You alright.

But yeah, I'm more interested in the politics of day to day life than "high art"...I will not go back and read Neitzsche....although he is pretty good and entertaining.
Posted: Aug 21, 2012 8:35 am

o, and if you admire the work of Poe, read his letters.

I said right from the start that I was unbearably arrogant when it comes down to this subject.

I Love most of Poe's fiction and poetry.
If I read his letters they make me puke blood, so disgusting I think they are.

Your are just romanticising the old world, stupid!
That's all you managed to make clear.
Posted: Aug 21, 2012 8:50 am

Hear, hear,
nothing worse than trying to decrypt a wikiphilosopher.
All the talk of class systems and the duty of an artist just stinks of cheap books from the forties.
it hasnt meant anything for the last 40 years.
And calling someone/thing fascist without giggling, went out in the 80's.
And speaking of the 80's, more importantly, i seen a programme on TV last night where Robin Williams said that back then, when he slept with a woman, he thought that, she thought, she was sleeping with Mork.
what a guy. what a bastard
Posted: Aug 21, 2012 11:27 am

so ummm you guys like the new Madonna album or has Lady Gaga supplanted her in the 21st century as a more crucial artist?
Posted: Aug 21, 2012 12:13 pm

I still like Mork & Mindy.
Posted: Aug 21, 2012 12:16 pm

and I've heard the 4 ep's lp (sounds like a BJ production) by OFF! and kinda liked it.
Posted: Aug 22, 2012 11:39 am

Ritchie G...get a life man. I didn't take this thread on such a stupid tangent. The artist doesn't have any duty...fascism is very much alive and well.

Tons of "High Art" people expound on this shit...I could realy give a shit about an artists place in society...

Otto Rank gave alot of thought to it. I like him, I didn't have him pushed on me in college.

I like Poe.
Posted: Aug 22, 2012 11:40 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

Now run along and vote for Romney like a good little shithead Ritchie.
Posted: Aug 22, 2012 1:07 pm

You know how when you've got work to do, you sometimes avoid it by doing something trivial and stupid instead?

Number of posts in this thread from TB: 45
Number of posts in this thread from Ding: 48
Number of posts in this thread from all others combined: 78

Yeah, I know I'm off by 1.

Back to work now.
Posted: Aug 23, 2012 3:22 am

You mean to say that you actually read all of this shite?

Your Jobby Job must suck!
Posted: Aug 23, 2012 10:32 am

I really like the latest live Cheater Slicks lp.
Posted: Aug 23, 2012 11:21 am | Edited by: Ding Le Dangle

I am waiting for it, lying down at the doormat with a bottle of w!
Posted: Aug 23, 2012 12:17 pm

anxiously awaiting the live slicks 2 and obnox reissue on 12XU to arrive.

bits of shit will get spun later today. i have the highest hopes for it.
Posted: Aug 23, 2012 12:43 pm

You guys are in for a treat when it finally arrives. It's so good, I don't even have to smoke out before I listen to it.
Posted: Aug 23, 2012 12:58 pm

Well sorry Ritchie...sorry to get on a soap box and be so politically polarizing.

I don't see why anyone thinks I give a shit about how many posts I make, or flaming, or trolling or whatever....

Posting a thousand consecutive messages in a row has been my M.O. since like the first month Goner was even a website....
Posted: Aug 23, 2012 1:39 pm

First one was fantastic, you mean this one's even better?

Goddamn, when are you gonna buy me that hut in the woods of Big Sur?! I probably could finish my last novel there. All I need is a female nurse WHO DOES NOT TALK, but can bbq like a guy and take notes like a steno pool genius.
You can have all my American Lit. Yes, written in your dialect, some real hard to find stuff, athough I am NOT a bibliophile. And my guitars (got a fantastic white Ibanez Les Paul Custom from the seventies, f.i. that is better than any Les Paul build by Gibson after 1979.

I wanna get my hands faster on these kinda lp's.

Goddammit!

And someone buy me a car too!
Posted: Aug 23, 2012 1:42 pm

goddammit!
Posted: Aug 23, 2012 2:06 pm

The latest long player has everything from the Malthusian,"Stop Breeding" to the misanthropic, "Murder". Needless to say a must.

Dude, if hou wanna live off the grid in the usa for cheap, might I suggest Slab City, Ca.Its an old usmc base in the Mojave. You can get by by just recycling old artillery shells. I hear it gets up to 120 F in the summer though, and Henry Miller's ghost is nowhere to be found.
Posted: Aug 23, 2012 2:17 pm

you're a murder.
Posted: Aug 23, 2012 7:52 pm

You mean to say that you actually read all of this shite?

Fuck no. Just counted it.
Posted: Aug 24, 2012 9:48 am

and Henry Miller's ghost is nowhere to be found

cool!

where's my bag
Posted: Aug 24, 2012 10:38 am

I don't know, but I know where mine is.

I'm a murder alright. A murder of crowes way up in the sky/ swooping down baby, to peck out your eye!
Posted: Aug 24, 2012 11:26 am

good one. i actually thought of crows when i typed that shit.

eat some crow, mofo. crow BAR!
Posted: Dec 8, 2012 1:31 pm

Anyone have an updated list for the year?
Posted: Dec 8, 2012 3:35 pm

Just a rock record but CHUCK PROPHET'S Temple Beautiful is getting a bit of play over here.
Posted: Dec 9, 2012 10:18 am

best reissue of the year...amazing music, lots of info and incredible packaging...6x10" box set in an old school record folio. So good.

check it out:
http://www.jukeboxjam.org/
Posted: Dec 9, 2012 1:08 pm

paint fumes "uck life" comes out on tuesday. watch out.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®