Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Are the Olympics over yet?
Posted: Jul 25, 2012 11:14 am

Here's hoping.
Posted: Jul 25, 2012 11:27 am

hellz naw

Posted: Jul 25, 2012 11:59 am

Here's hoping.

If we feel this way, imagine how our pals in London must feel...

Eesh.
Posted: Jul 25, 2012 1:01 pm

Your pal in London is completely fucked off with the olympics and it's not even started yet. I hope the whole fucking thing fails miserably.
Posted: Jul 25, 2012 1:04 pm | Edited by: leftpeg

You could just turn your tv off and enjoy the sunshine for a couple of weeks. Just sayin'.

Except for the pals in London, of course.
Posted: Jul 25, 2012 2:31 pm

I'm kinda bored of people moaning about it. No offence, Gary. Although my life has in no way been disrupted by it yet*, so maybe I'll start soon. I'm looking forward to it now. I may even go and hang out in a park with a big screen, and some wine and cheese. Could be a weird first date with that girl I met at the party a couple weeks ago. I like it when the men run down the track, and table tennis is always a winner. Just wish they had darts.

Yeah, the whole sponsorship thing with McD's and Coke and Cadbury is horrible, but we live in the future so that kinda thing is only gonna get worse. I plan on taking a BK Whopper stuffed with Mars bars down to the Olympic Village whilst wearing my hard-on for Pepsi tshirt.

*Unlike Guy having to put up with late night practice fireworks for the opening ceremony.
Posted: Jul 25, 2012 3:09 pm

The Chinese adverts on the sides of buses is terrifyingly sinister though. Bloody future!
Posted: Jul 25, 2012 3:37 pm

what happened to the flowers in the dustbin and the poison in the human machine?
Posted: Jul 25, 2012 4:47 pm

Olympics lp came in today... NICEST cover you'd ever see... broken record. sigh.
Posted: Jul 25, 2012 4:52 pm

Except for the pals in London, of course.

There really is no escape!

I'm kinda bored of people moaning about it.

I'm going to moan about it even more now. ;)
Posted: Jul 25, 2012 4:55 pm

I wish Chicago had gotten the Olympics. It would have made so many problems. And, those folks are gold medal moaners.
Posted: Jul 25, 2012 4:57 pm

The Korean flag cock up is pretty funny.
Posted: Jul 25, 2012 4:57 pm

*Unlike Guy having to put up with late night practice fireworks for the opening ceremony.

I heard about that. I love fireworks though (although maybe not while I'm trying to sleep). I imagine that Danny Boyle will put on quite a show. Is he planning on any large scale reproductions of his films? 28 Days Later at the Olympic Stadium would be pretty hilarious.
Posted: Jul 25, 2012 5:02 pm

Or we could just grab some junkies from the bottom of my road and watch them shoot up whilst Iggy Pop flails about. I guess it'd have to be someone British though.
Posted: Jul 25, 2012 5:03 pm

The Korean flag cock up is pretty funny.

I missed that. Reminds me of that event where the Kazakhstani gold medal winner had to listen to the "anthem" from Borat instead of the actual Kazakhstan anthem.
Posted: Jul 25, 2012 5:07 pm

I also can't believe there wasn't a thread on the goner board regarding Brad Wiggins and his excellent sideburns.
Posted: Jul 25, 2012 5:21 pm

I think those are kinda sparse and wispy.
Posted: Jul 25, 2012 7:31 pm

Love the Olympics. Gonna soak in hours of the shit.
Posted: Jul 25, 2012 8:37 pm

Brad WIggins and his excellent name! Who is he I wonder? I don't "google."
Posted: Jul 25, 2012 8:55 pm

is he in ferret legging?
Posted: Jul 25, 2012 9:43 pm

Who is he I wonder?

Oh, you know, he's on the same "team" as the Manx Missile, Mark Cavendish who is married to Page Three girl Peta Todd!
Posted: Jul 26, 2012 1:25 pm

Ferret Legging had a great first demo but their recent recordings left me flat.

What kinda name is Peta I wonder?
Posted: Jul 26, 2012 7:57 pm

eric,

I think it's wonderful that you have such an onomamanical interest in such things. You might find some small pleasure reviewing the olympic bike race route and noting the towns that are passed through.
Posted: Jul 27, 2012 3:18 am

I just hope usa beats canada in rollerblade hockey.
Posted: Jul 27, 2012 12:00 pm

You might find some small pleasure reviewing the olympic bike race route and noting the towns that are passed through.

Bushy Park, Leatherhead and Wandsworth were the ones that juped out to me. Although, I wouldn't mind taking a trip to see the Dorking cockerel. He looks magnificent.
Posted: Jul 27, 2012 12:10 pm

This all sounds very sexy.
Posted: Jul 27, 2012 12:54 pm

Ready for Olympics but hate the commercials!

i did read this about Mittens Romney's visit and his comments on Olympics preparation: "Biggest bombing since WWII". Ha ha.

Love the Brit wit.
Posted: Jul 27, 2012 1:16 pm

If you're looking for a way to not have to wait until prime time to watch the tape-delayed opening ceremony on nbc. Here's a way. It's the beeb, so no ads.
Posted: Jul 27, 2012 1:29 pm

Posted: Jul 27, 2012 1:30 pm

The set looks pretty cool. The audience members have 3D glasses. I left mine at home.
Posted: Jul 27, 2012 1:31 pm

Apparently Brad Wiggins is a "mod":

Yeah, he's supposed to have quite a collection of guitars and vespas.
Posted: Jul 27, 2012 1:34 pm

Posted: Jul 27, 2012 1:37 pm

The Mail Online Rules!
Posted: Jul 27, 2012 2:19 pm

Posted: Jul 27, 2012 3:37 pm

I won't give away any spoilers, but the opening ceremony is definitely worth a watch.
Posted: Jul 27, 2012 4:27 pm

Duchess of Cambridge didn't get naked, did she?
Posted: Jul 27, 2012 4:49 pm

I'm sworn to secrecy.
Posted: Jul 27, 2012 9:41 pm

What is up with the women in the face dresses. FUCK U MALTA>
Posted: Jul 28, 2012 10:39 pm

Men's gymnastic team is DREAMY
Posted: Jul 29, 2012 5:51 pm

The olympics and London's shitty half-baked transport have trapped Muddy Spear in my house. Let's see if he can do the cross-London dash in heavy tourist traffic to sign on tomorrow a.m....
Posted: Jul 30, 2012 12:39 am

The olympics and London's shitty half-baked transport have trapped Muddy Spear in my house. Let's see if he can do the cross-London dash in heavy tourist traffic to sign on tomorrow a.m....
i still owe Muddy Spear a hamburger!
Posted: Jul 30, 2012 12:41 am

btw, check out pics of the Dutch womens Field Hockey Team!!!! SSSSsssss!
Posted: Jul 30, 2012 12:01 pm

thought the Cameroon outfits were the best of the opening ceremony.

USA outfits (made in China) --- yech. why'd they have to put that stupid Ralph Lipschitz polo logo on 'em? Just WRONG.
Posted: Jul 30, 2012 2:12 pm | Edited by: hennypenny

Cameroon outfits were the best
yep

USA outfits (made in China)
the USA/China outfits kind of matched. looked like China had red blazers, we had BLUE. Thought that was appropriate, I guess.
Posted: Jul 30, 2012 5:10 pm

The olympics and London's shitty half-baked transport have trapped Muddy Spear in my house.
You make it sound like he really wanted to leave. I don't buy it for a minute.
Posted: Jul 30, 2012 7:06 pm

We no longer have ferrets, I'm amazed anyone visits these days. Still, we had a fun evening watching the handball, trying to work out what that's all about.
Posted: Jul 30, 2012 7:13 pm

Muddy is your surrogate ferret!

I take it that handball is nothing like that game we played in school (at least we did in Ireland anyway) that was a bit like squash, but you whacked a tennis ball against a wall with your hand.
Posted: Jul 31, 2012 8:46 am

Muddy is your surrogate ferret!

I do tend to crap all over his flat, and I smell really bad.
Posted: Jul 31, 2012 12:56 pm

I can only assume you've been imaginative with your 'gifts', as we haven't found them yet.
Posted: Jul 31, 2012 1:21 pm | Edited by: tigerblinds

I saw some of the mens tumbling competition saturday night, while drinking the worst Bloody Mary I've ever had. Guy was wearing a pink onesie doing all sorts of splits on a pink mat that was rainbow at the edges....it was pretty much like I remembered the Summer Olympics. My only other option was Cinci Reds baseball.
Posted: Jul 31, 2012 4:22 pm

That little Chinese girl Ye Chen (something like that) is an amazingly fast swimmer...pity her final 50m the other night didn't count record-wise as it was just a split time, but she did it in 27seconds! Nearly 2 meters a second...which in swimming is the equivilent of a Buggati Veyron...also she is only 16, I think. Shit was jaw dropping.
Posted: Aug 1, 2012 9:16 am

The Dutch Womens Field Hockey team were worth the price of admission.

Do they televise the ping pong competition? I'd like to see that.
Posted: Aug 1, 2012 4:17 pm

Good to see badminton players disqualified today, and just in general, too.
Posted: Aug 1, 2012 8:34 pm

Posted: Aug 2, 2012 11:17 am

Mexico v. Senegal oughta be a good soccer match, but will it be televised live that early here in the USA?

I doubt it.
Posted: Aug 2, 2012 12:13 pm

NBC is streaming all of the events live on NBCOlympics.com. The catch is that you have to have a cable subscription.
Posted: Aug 2, 2012 12:16 pm

GB Men's track cycling team killing it so far. World Records in team pursuit and team sprint.
Posted: Aug 2, 2012 1:13 pm

Posted: Aug 6, 2012 12:28 pm

let's hear it for JAMAICA ME CRAZY!!!!
Posted: Aug 6, 2012 3:01 pm

Mexico v. Senegal oughta be a good soccer match, but will it be televised live that early here in the USA?

I think it was live, anyway it was on... and it was pretty crazy.
Posted: Aug 7, 2012 9:46 am

Posted: Aug 7, 2012 1:10 pm

Posted: Aug 7, 2012 4:24 pm

You are not alone, Jack Stands! Everybody's favorite "miserable moppet" Morrissey, also hates the O's:

http://blogs.marketwatch.com/specialreport/2012/08/07/ex-smiths-front- man-morrissey-calls-foul-on-london-games/
Posted: Aug 7, 2012 5:05 pm

Ivan Ukhov has to be my favorite of the games, so far. At one point during the high jump final he lost his shirt and spent several minutes looking for it. Didn't put him off his jump though.

http://deadspin.com/5932618/russian-high-jumper-loses-uniform-mid+comp etition-is-forced-to-jump-in-a-t+shirt-wins-gold-medal

He's the same guy who brought the world this piece of drunken youtube gold.
Posted: Aug 10, 2012 12:02 am | Edited by: jenna

I'm loving the Olympics. And that's really saying something because I can run and play tennis, but i've never played team sports.

But I can be the biggest cheerleader (obviously) and am loving the personal greatness that brings one to this place of BEST.
Posted: Aug 10, 2012 11:46 am

I heard that right as the BMX stuff was starting out yesterday...one of the competitors lost control of his bike and wiped out the majority of contestants....

I'll have to search for some youtube footage of that one.
Posted: Aug 10, 2012 11:48 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

Can't find anything...maybe it's just an awesome fabrication.
Posted: Aug 13, 2012 1:51 pm

Yes.
Posted: Aug 14, 2012 12:40 pm

Can't wait for Rio 2016! Darts are an official event!
Posted: Aug 14, 2012 12:49 pm

Darts are an official event!

Yes! An Olympics where you can participate in all events with a pint in one hand and a ciggy dangling from your lip.
Posted: Aug 20, 2012 5:45 pm

That Ukhov vid is great; apparently he had a fight with his girlfriend, and then got completely wasted before the event.
Posted: Aug 20, 2012 5:50 pm

when are the collectible boxes of Wheaties coming out?
Posted: Aug 20, 2012 7:06 pm

apparently he had a fight with his girlfriend, and then got completely wasted before the event.
As you do.
Posted: Aug 31, 2012 10:42 am

They've started again.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®