Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Get well soon Dana Hatch!!!
Posted: Jul 20, 2012 10:41 pm

Cheater Slicks drummer & the man who is father to my god-children, Dana Hatch, suffered a heart attack last night. He's doing all right & apparently the ambulance was there in no time which helped a lot. There's minimal, if any, damage to the muscle, & he's optimistic he'll be out of the hospital in no time.

They won't be playing their 25th anniversary party on Saturday the 28th, I can't imagine they'll be going to NY in a month for those shows, & even the big festival in Raleigh later this summer seems highly unlikely. None of this is that important. I love that guy & his crazy family.

When you are out getting hammered tonight or any time in the future, raise your glass to him. He's given a lot for the madcap life & soundtrack we all love so much.
Posted: Jul 20, 2012 11:19 pm

glad the ambulance got there in time! get well soon!
Posted: Jul 21, 2012 12:07 am

Holy shit! Sending our best!!
Posted: Jul 21, 2012 12:16 am

I'm so sorry to hear this! If I know Dana, he'll bounce back quickly. All my best wishes are with him and his family.
Posted: Jul 21, 2012 4:46 am

Damn! Glad he pulled out better than it could have been!
Love to his family from ours!
Posted: Jul 21, 2012 6:31 am

Wow!
Scary.
I wish him all the best and will raise my glass to him tonight.
Posted: Jul 21, 2012 7:10 am

Dana is doing well. David visited him in the hospital yesterday and had very positive things to say about Dana's condition. Dana was very lucky and had excellent medical attention. We are very grateful for the outcome of a very scary event and thank everyone for sending support.

As far as our future gig schedule, which of course is not the important thing, Dana does not want any decisions made on future shows until he sees how he is progressing. So at this point the only show cancelled is the July27th anniversary show. We won't do any shows if Dana is not up to it, but he is being very positive and the doctors are positive as well that he should be up to normal activity within a month to 6 weeks. It is entirely Dana's decision, but we will make sure it's filtered by common sense as well. There's no use pushing something as serious as this, but it also very important to him to continue as normal and to be active again.

I'm trying to get the Bassholes and Obnox to keep the show on Friday the 27th, It would be great if they could keep the flame for us on this one and do it for Dana. I will update that later after a decision is made on their part.

Thanks again and I send love back from Dana and from all of us. He is strong and optimistic...and alive...that's the most important thing.
Posted: Jul 21, 2012 10:32 am

OH SHIT.

Glad to hear he's doing okay, considering. Love to Mr. & Mrs. Hatch and the Hatchlings!!!
Posted: Jul 21, 2012 11:22 am

Get well soon Dana! Well wishes go out to him, his family and his bandmates!
Posted: Jul 21, 2012 8:07 pm

Argh... scary. Get well Dana! Thanks for the news and update, Tom and Gene. Total Goner love missile beaming his way from Memphis.
Posted: Jul 22, 2012 1:42 am

Too many Refried Dreams. Good to hear that the Reaper lost this one.
Posted: Jul 22, 2012 4:30 am

Damn, dude! I hope you'll get back on your feet soon!
Posted: Jul 22, 2012 1:29 pm

Heal up!
Posted: Jul 22, 2012 8:09 pm

Get well soon!
Posted: Jul 23, 2012 10:18 am

Get well soon!
Posted: Jul 23, 2012 12:20 pm

All the best, Dana.
Posted: Jul 23, 2012 1:06 pm

Just an update-
Dana is doing well and his prognosis is excellent. the doctors have run tests and his heart is in great shape, but needs recuperating time. He is leaving the hospital today.

We will not be doing the New York shows scheduled for August. Shows later than that are still up in the air.

Thanks for the support and the love.
Posted: Jul 23, 2012 8:27 pm

Thanks, Tommy. Love your guts, too.
Posted: Jul 23, 2012 10:17 pm

Get Well and Best Wishes!
Posted: Jul 24, 2012 10:10 am

xoxo Goner love! and LISTEN TO THE DOCTORS! Says the girl whose father has had several heat attacks and quadruple bypass surgery....
Posted: Jul 24, 2012 10:17 am

i'm fully convinced the cheater slicks will outlive us all.
Posted: Jul 27, 2012 3:04 am

Good fucking news youre doin good mr. hatch! Need you to come to kzoo again create noise at Louies! Take plenty of time to rest up!
Posted: Jul 27, 2012 9:47 am

walk it off, dana!
Posted: Jul 27, 2012 7:12 pm

Get better, shit. The man who sings "Erotic Woman" and "Tattoos Are Stoopid" needs to live to be at least 200 years old.

Posted: Jul 28, 2012 5:02 am

Get better, shit. The man who sings "Erotic Woman" and "Tattoos Are Stoopid" needs to live to be at least 200 years old.

jah 2nd dat rock n roll dread. i and i seen.
Posted: Aug 18, 2012 11:52 am

Dana,

Sending the good vibes to you from Greenville SC. Hope you're back on your feet real soon

All the best to you and family
Posted: Aug 19, 2012 12:02 am

Apparently, they are playing the festival in Raleigh. I don't think I can make this one. Too much crap going on.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®