Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Check Your Credit Card Receipts!
Posted: Jun 26, 2012 10:42 am

In 2003, Congress enacted the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (FACTA). One provision of FACTA was an attempt to reduce identity theft whereby if you buy something with your credit card, the vendor CANNOT put your credit card expiration date on the receipt. They also cannot put more than the last 4 digits of your credit card number on the receipt. [u]If they do either of these things, the consumer is entitled to anywhere from $100 and $1,000 per violation.[/u]

I am working with some other attorneys on these types of cases. We're suing big chain stores that should know better. Please look at your old receipts and any of your new receipts. If the receipt contains your expiration date -or- more than 5 digits of your credit card number, please contact me at andrew (at) bizerlaw.com It is very possible that we can get you some money.
Posted: Jun 26, 2012 1:16 pm

Can I write It in?
Posted: Jun 26, 2012 1:56 pm

I'll have to check for you.
Posted: Jun 26, 2012 10:18 pm

Credit Cards = SUCKERS

Posted: Jun 27, 2012 8:26 am

How many dollars per violation are the attorneys entitled to?
Posted: Jun 27, 2012 1:16 pm

How many dollars per violation are the attorneys entitled to?

That's a good question. Our intention is to convert an individual lawsuit into a class-action. If it happened to you, it happened to a lot of people. Once the case is converted to a class action, the attorneys fees are something that the Court must approve. If you have any more questions, please email me.
Posted: Jun 27, 2012 1:47 pm

From a settlement perspective, the class representatives (those named as plaintiffs) might get a substantial payment for their troubles. A few thousand isn't unusual. The remaining class members may get a check. Or, the remaining class members won't get paid anything and money will be donated to a worthy cause that all parties agree to. Or, something else. Attorney fees will be negotiated between the plaintiff counsel and defendant counsel and the court will be asked for approval. A period will then open up for challenges / objections to the settlement.
Posted: Jun 27, 2012 3:59 pm

From a settlement perspective, the class representatives (those named as plaintiffs) might get a substantial payment for their troubles. A few thousand isn't unusual. The remaining class members may get a check. Or, the remaining class members won't get paid anything and money will be donated to a worthy cause that all parties agree to. Or, something else. Attorney fees will be negotiated between the plaintiff counsel and defendant counsel and the court will be asked for approval. A period will then open up for challenges / objections to the settlement.

Yes. Nice summary.
Posted: Jun 27, 2012 4:07 pm

So check your receipts, punks!
Posted: Jun 28, 2012 9:07 am

That's a good question. Our intention is to convert an individual lawsuit into a class-action. If it happened to you, it happened to a lot of people. Once the case is converted to a class action, the attorneys fees are something that the Court must approve. If you have any more questions, please email me.

Spoken like a true lawyer.
Posted: Jun 28, 2012 12:28 pm

Thanks! haha!
Posted: Jun 28, 2012 4:39 pm

So check your receipts, punks!

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®