Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Posted: Jun 17, 2012 2:13 pm

I bought a pioneer cassette deck at a flea market and have figured out how to transfer vinyl to cassette. Anyone want to do some old school tape trading? It sounds fun to me. Also, I've lost a lot of weight the past few months and have some xl t-shirts that are to big for me. I'm not really into selling shit, I like trading. I propose that if you want the shirt...I send it to you and you just send me something cool back, a tape, a record, a dvd, a book....I don't care. Here's the t-shirts, a Shitdogs, a Mentally Ill, Thee Cormans, and a Royal Headache.
Posted: Jun 17, 2012 3:19 pm

Dude, I totally call dibs on the Shit Dogs t-shirt. I'll send you something. I don't have a cassette deck, but I'll make you a mix cd. Send Mr your address on FB and I'll send you mine.
Posted: Jun 17, 2012 3:20 pm

PS Happy Father's Day!
Posted: Jun 17, 2012 3:25 pm

done sam. Happy Father's Day to u to bro!
Posted: Jun 17, 2012 5:45 pm

my first mix tape rules. It has TSOT, Sharp Balloons, The Outdoorsmen, Yi, X,Head, Sic Alps and others.....I'm one of those dudes that pays for all my music but if some band is not into this let me know(I've only included one song by each band)
Posted: Jun 17, 2012 8:43 pm

I'm one of those dudes that pays for all my music but if some band is not into this let me know(I've only included one song by each band)

Just be sure to limit each song to a 15 second clip, huh?
Posted: Jun 17, 2012 10:09 pm

happy father's day to both you goons and other other dad's reading. i just finished a mix today called "the sexual i.q. test" and i have a friend doing the covers. i got a tape duplication machine and 100 tapes last week, so as soon he finishes his shit and we divvy the copies i'll post a link to stream it here, but i'll have real tapes to trade too.
Posted: Jun 18, 2012 12:13 am

Joe, you sent me a mix cd when I ordered something from Slovenly that I LOVED. A buddy was listening to it with me on a road trip and asked to borrow it....you know how that goes..i never saw it again. Anyway, I'm really interested in whatever mix you put together.
Posted: Jun 18, 2012 7:11 am

Joe makes the best mixes!

happy late father's day to everyone.

I don't need an XL shirt (fortunately?) but I like trading tapes.
Posted: Jun 18, 2012 8:01 am

Man, I'm to skinny for my XL shirts now too...but you can just cut the sleeves out and show off your upper arms and tattoos if you got them with classic punk rock fashion sense.
Posted: Jun 18, 2012 10:37 am

sorry cole! i'll make a new one of those soon, too. i don't remember what was on that last one though. i'm about to give the sexual iq test a final spin through a tape that that i did NOT record it on. gotta make sure the fidelity is passable.
Posted: Jun 18, 2012 4:46 pm

Sam, sent your shirt today. If anyone wants to trade tapes or for the shirts hit me up anthony23@ms.metrocast.net......again if you want one of the shirts just send me your address and send me something back....dont even tell me what it is.
Posted: Jun 19, 2012 12:32 am

cole ! save me your RH shirt - sadly i never got one - i'll make it into a "dress" :)
Posted: Jun 19, 2012 5:39 am

done!
Posted: Jun 19, 2012 9:04 am

hmm...cole, your email address appears to belong to someone else...

i've recently got a new-to-me minivan with a tape deck, but playing the hell outta my old tapes. i've been thinking of making some new mixes, just for fun. if i actually do some i'll totally trade with someone. almost tempted to dub some of the mixes i already have as they are superb.
Posted: Jun 19, 2012 11:39 am

Do it Cole...Nick G is with it. I saw two copies of the Strong Come On's trailor 7 inch for 8 dollars a piece in a used bin....first I was like wtf? Then a guy I know bought both of them because he said he had been debating it for days.
Posted: Jun 19, 2012 5:52 pm

hmm...cole, your email address appears to belong to someone else...

Not sure what you mean nick...I just checked it and seems fine....what happened? Hmmm...My kid just sent me an email and it was fine. Try it again if you dont mind...I wanna hear your mixes!
Posted: Jun 19, 2012 9:03 pm

yeah, i was just saying cause it's anthonywhatever, nevermind.
Posted: Jun 19, 2012 9:18 pm

Oh! ok...I'm a literal ass...yeah my name Is Anthony Cole Lewis, but I've always went by Cole
Posted: Jun 19, 2012 9:47 pm

i'm calling you anthony from now on. homie don't play that middle name shit.
Posted: Jun 19, 2012 9:57 pm

'm calling you anthony from now on.

Just send me your new mix when its done...you can address it to "redneck asshole" for all I care.
Posted: Jun 19, 2012 11:14 pm

homie don't play that middle name shit says the man named Bazooka Joe
Posted: Jun 20, 2012 8:57 am

call me albert and see what happens.
Posted: Jun 20, 2012 9:13 am

I got the shirt yesterday Cole, thanks. I made 2 mixes on Sunday. The first one isn't very good (the song order sucks). The second one seems better. I'm going to work on them this week and send them later.

BONUS: Found Mark Been and a Useless Eater mixes I got when I did this same thing in the early part of last decade. I'll burn you copies of those too.
Posted: Jun 20, 2012 5:59 pm

I remember when you me and Beef swapped mix CDz back when the internet was almost as slow as 1st class mail. I'll join this fucky round too.
Posted: Jun 20, 2012 6:55 pm

The first one isn't very good (the song order sucks)

FUCK! see, now your making me rethink my shit. How much does that matter? To be honest, I think it does. Tommy is really great at this. He's sent me a bunch of mixes, and what amazes me is how well they flow. He'll throw in a more popular,poppy song in a mix, and somehow it just fits. and you don't mind it. You might have just ignored that song your whole life, but the way he fits it in, you'll give it a listen. I don't know if that makes any sense.

We should have a cd mix-off. Not sure how to do it. Maybe just get about ten people involved...everyone sends each other a mix....everyone votes....a champion is crowned.
Posted: Jun 20, 2012 7:31 pm

so let's do this for real. somebody compile the addresses of people wanting to exchange. I do this every year around this time. I'm calling mine June Bugs. But you may not get it until July.
Posted: Jun 20, 2012 7:57 pm

Here's how I would do it.....However many people are into it...you'd have to max it at some point because it would get expensive. Let's say ten...everyone listens to the mixes and ranks them, you leave your own out..1 gets ten points 2 gets nine etc, add the points and crown a champion...no prizes, just GLORY!
Posted: Jun 20, 2012 8:07 pm

anthony23@ms.metrocast.net or cole lewis on facebook. I'd be glad to compile addresses...contest or not.....I'm a safe, honest, dude. Most of the folks in Memphis know me and can vouch.
Posted: Jun 20, 2012 8:24 pm

Cole molests collies.
Posted: Jun 20, 2012 9:03 pm

mix cds/tapes whatever are cool but my stuffs all busted up and all I got in the way of producing this now is like thru the innerwebz or some shit

not quite the same

cole's idea about having some kind of competition and judging it just makes me want to go back and lay down after drinking some more whisky

you energetic kids and all your rambunctious joy...phooooey!
Posted: Jun 20, 2012 9:50 pm

look, old timer....this could be your Rocky Balboa moment.....where you teach the young whipper snappers a thing or to. Crawl out of the bottle and make a cd! We all love rock'n'roll...true...we rarely actually talk about it, to many cool people dyin' and bullshit happening....but that's essentially why were all here. What could be more glorious than winning a rock'n'roll competition against people that KNOW ROCK'N'ROLL.....plus you get some cool cds,
Posted: Jun 20, 2012 9:58 pm

I'll see what I can do. If I just go buy Billy Ray Cyrus and Ace of Base cds at Walmart that's cool, right?
Posted: Jun 20, 2012 10:40 pm

Cole molests collies.

it's true!!!
Posted: Jun 25, 2012 5:09 pm

Went out and bought 100 cdrs this weekend so I could start burning the mixes... And realized they were dvdrs. Slight setback.
Posted: Jun 25, 2012 6:26 pm

Time to steal some movies!
Posted: Jun 25, 2012 6:53 pm

cool - i'm down! any idears on how to work it? is everyone assigned to send one person on mix each month or something, or are we all sending out 10 or whatever to everyone in one go? (either way works fine for me). address's on the way to ya, Cole!
Posted: Jun 25, 2012 8:02 pm | Edited by: Tango Fistula

BEEF...

You can use my gear if you wanna bring a record stack over and slap these children down proper.

Mix Cd's are....pbbbttttttttt from the anus

I have some sealed TDK SA 90's
Posted: Jun 26, 2012 1:55 am

Sounds good. What days are you off? I hits to pick up the parental units on Friday.
Posted: Jun 26, 2012 1:56 am

Hits? How the help does have become hits...stupid phone.
Posted: Jun 26, 2012 1:58 am

Aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrhhgggggggggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
Posted: Jun 26, 2012 7:58 am

Tomaorrow....as long as I'm not workin on modified assignment somewhere.

That phone is a "special" phone...for a special man
Posted: Jun 26, 2012 9:34 am

Slight setback.

i found a mistake in my mix. hafta redo it. shit.
Posted: Jun 26, 2012 11:36 am

Slight setback.

Yeah, I spent all week working on the song order alone and, then, when I finally have it right, I realize I've got the wrong media like a dumbass.
Posted: Jun 26, 2012 11:44 am

Way to go, Tonester.
Posted: Jun 26, 2012 2:51 pm

Mix Cd's are....pbbbttttttttt from the anus

I have some sealed TDK SA 90's

Yup. Especially if almost all your music is on vinyl. Unfortunately, i stoopidly left behind my tape deck in the move, so i'm on board for the CD mix exchange...
Posted: Jun 26, 2012 3:17 pm

sealed TDK SA 90's

pffffft...

dig my stash!
Posted: Jun 26, 2012 4:38 pm | Edited by: Cole

i'm on board for the CD mix exchange...

It doesn't matter...I'll do either. I'm just fascinated by the art of the mix. I know that sounds pretentious, but I listen to mixes by Joe or Tommy and there's some thought put into 'em. Not all mixes are created equally. I bring up Joe and Tommy because that's the dudes who have sent me mixes. Joe's seem to find the best unknown or forgotten songs in a genra,just a bad ass, heavy hitting mix that blows you away and that you could listen to forever, I've only heard one though.Tommy is more about flow and feel. I've heard a bunch of his and he'll jump around, while mostly punk....he'll throw in other genras and even pop songs...but the mix always works.
Posted: Jun 26, 2012 10:56 pm

you missed the flow in my shit? dang brah y?
Posted: Jun 27, 2012 7:33 pm

No...your flow was great..I was praising your mix,sir. I love it. I miss it. I'm just a douche trying to shittily put my love for mixes in words, and it seems, failing miserably.
Posted: Jun 27, 2012 11:03 pm

Quit buttering his ass, Cole. The only "flow" bazooka joe know, is the one that visits him on the regular when his feelings get hurt here.

BA BOOM!
Posted: Jun 28, 2012 9:55 am

waaaaaaaaaaahhh!

don't think i won't include you on the hip-hop 12" dis record i'm gonna make, you blimp.
Posted: Jun 28, 2012 2:22 pm

ooooooh excited...I will look for it coming out right after Jesus comes back to this party
Posted: Jun 28, 2012 3:25 pm

BOOM-BAP-BLIMPY!
Posted: Jun 28, 2012 4:39 pm

I have nothing to say here except that I officially began calling Tommy "Tummy Trouble" last week.
Posted: Jun 29, 2012 12:48 pm

I have nothing to say here except that I officially began calling Tommy "Tummy Trouble" last week.

HAHAHAHA! I *knew* there was a reason why I still check in on this board on my lunch break.

PS - no tape deck anymore. still have all my collection of tapes, though!
Posted: Jun 29, 2012 12:58 pm

Fuck all y'all.
Posted: Jun 29, 2012 5:14 pm

I like buying mixtapes from thirft stores. It's tragic and funny to hear peoples' deep sentiments reduced to collections of other peoples' songs that eventually end up donated/trashed. That said, you guys should send me mixtapes your now unloved exes made you so I can laugh.
Posted: Jun 29, 2012 6:43 pm | Edited by: bruce

tommy's just a little gassy, makes him grumpy
Posted: Jun 29, 2012 7:25 pm

Tummy Trouble indeed, fuckcock.

Let me know if you want a copy of the newest.

Offer does not apply to Bruce.

Email addresses.
Posted: Jun 29, 2012 8:31 pm

CD-Rs exchange, package going out to you Monday Cole!
Posted: Jun 30, 2012 9:16 am

This is a good idear. Hit me up if any of y'all want reggae or BBQ SAUCE ROCK mix tapes.
Posted: Jun 30, 2012 2:29 pm

BBQ SAUCE ROCK

Is that like a bunch of white kids' dads' blues bands?
Posted: Jun 30, 2012 2:44 pm

Yes.
Posted: Jun 30, 2012 7:56 pm

I am intrigued by this generations old music with a hip and fresh genre name.
Patrick D, Sambeaux & Bruce: report next week to the studio for BBQ SAUCE ROCK band practice. We're gonna take it back to the streets, or at least to the parking lot of a new motorcycle store opening in Southaven.

ANYBODY GOT A HARMONICA?!?!
Posted: Jun 30, 2012 8:49 pm

didn't i already do that band?
Posted: Jun 30, 2012 10:18 pm

Porch Ghouls were more Mesquite Smoker Rock?
But you did tour with Joe Perry, and he does have his own bbq sauce, so...
Posted: Jul 2, 2012 7:20 pm | Edited by: Cole

sent chixo and lula some tapes/cds/ today. I can't get my tapes to sound that great. I've got my turntable plugged directly into a pioneer double tape deck.this is the deck

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/ele/3099578694.html

how does the record levels affect it?
Posted: Jul 2, 2012 9:34 pm

You don't have a reciever or turntable pre-amp in that mix?
Posted: Jul 2, 2012 9:38 pm

jack is getting to the bottom of this
Posted: Jul 2, 2012 9:53 pm

You don't have a reciever or turntable pre-amp in that mix?

yeah, i have a 6 cd changer/pre amp I'm running it all through.
Posted: Jul 5, 2012 8:43 pm | Edited by: Cole

Sam! Got your package today! Thanks for the cds and book! Going camping this weekend...perfect timing.....cool tunes and somethin' to read.
Posted: Jul 5, 2012 9:14 pm

Sam sent me a cd with an awesome death metal song by Nite called "Masturbating the War God".....he wins.
Posted: Jul 5, 2012 9:55 pm

he wins for now. i want to give my theme away so bad...
Posted: Jul 6, 2012 12:26 am

bruce touches bottoms.
Posted: Jul 6, 2012 12:27 am

Now you know the reason for Tummy Trouble.
Posted: Jul 6, 2012 7:04 am

You may have noticed, the last musical "theme" in Masturbating the War God is from Styx's Lawman. That's one of my "secret reasons" for liking that song so much. Still feel our of practice wrt mixtapes, hope they are enjoyable enough. That's a really good book BTW.
Posted: Jul 6, 2012 7:59 am

PS That's Nile (like the river in Egypt), not Nite (like the lite).
Posted: Jul 6, 2012 12:57 pm

I think the tapedeck component on my stereo is janked (at least in playback), but I just got a new car and it has a tapedeck and a cd player in it, if you want to send me a mixtape! I can trade-back something else, or I might have a mixtape in the archives I could send.
Posted: Jul 6, 2012 2:23 pm

I got a mixtape, Lamps, Aframes, Homostupids, Brainbombs, Sharp Balloons, Turpentine Bros., Grave Blankets in that order. I hope you enjoyed it.
Posted: Jul 6, 2012 2:53 pm

If I was going to make a mixtape I would put this on it

Goner should ask these dudes to play sometime...they from Little Rock
http://pallbearer.bandcamp.com/
Posted: Jul 6, 2012 3:36 pm

Pallbearer is killer. Probably the best band playing that style today. Nile are also killer. True Warriors of Middle Aged Skullet Metal.
Posted: Jul 6, 2012 5:00 pm

hope they are enjoyable enough

Dude, I put those mixes on my phone and listened to 'em all day driving around at work. They are awesome. As soon as I got home I got the playlist out to see who played what. Fucking great mix tape!

I got a mixtape
send it to me...I'll send you stuff back. My email is anthony23@ms.metrocast.net and we're facebook friends.

if you want to send me a mixtape! I can trade-back something else, or I might have a mixtape in the archives I could send.

same here
Posted: Jul 6, 2012 6:05 pm

Still got a xl Thee Cormans and a xl Mentally ill shirt but if you want my mixtape(or cd) just send me your addy.
Posted: Jul 7, 2012 12:23 pm

I was going for "stuff you might not have heard but I know you like similar bands."
Posted: Jul 7, 2012 12:27 pm

I'm most interested in what you least-favorite tracks were.
Posted: Jul 8, 2012 5:14 pm

got an awesome package from Cole! Yours will be shipping soon, I didn't have power for several days, which means I'm now behind on a million things and didn't have the ability to work on it.
Posted: Jul 8, 2012 5:15 pm

PS THANKS!
Posted: Jul 9, 2012 7:28 am

A girl recommended Pallbearers to me this weekend, and I was all cool like yeah, I've heard that, it rocks pretty hard.
Posted: Jul 10, 2012 12:42 pm

I'm most interested in what you least-favorite tracks were.

That's hard to say man. I mean, I just like the whole experience of the mixes...My son Colby keeps just skipping to all the death metal tracks when were driving around and I've really kinda got it. I mean he knows exactly what tracks they are. That's something I always thought was cool but never bought. I bought " Papyrus Containing The Spell To Preserve Its Possessor Against Attacks From He Who Is In The Water" from discogs because I dug it so much. You wanna know the real revalation though? Hawkwind. I know Motorhead. I love 'em and I know Lemmy was in that band but never bothered. I LOVE that Hawkwind track. Bought some Hawkwind to.

The book was great. Thank you. Everyone google Yukio Mishima.....it's a fucking rabbit hole of fascination. The book Sam sent me is "The Sailor Who Fell From Grace with the Sea" and I loved it. It's fairly short(less than 200 pages) but it's great. Once you read about the author though.....holy shit....I'm especially fascinated by Hiroyasu Koga.
I started this thread just to start some trading and sharing of shit and it worked. I've been turned on to some awesome stuff.
Posted: Jul 10, 2012 2:05 pm

I like Japanese writers, like Yoshima, Kobo Abe and Kenzaburo Oe (all very different from one another).

Yeah, be warry of later Hawkwind. It gets really weird. Actually, fuck it, buy one album at a time, whatever you can find. It's worth accidentally buying later Hawkwind for the experience, if you already know you like some of their stuff. I think I actually like the Motorhead version of Lost Johnny better. There's a funny article on the web where they talk about Nik Turner getting pissed with Lemmy because he was getting a lot of attention early on. Part of the article talks about how he just made up the lyrics to Silver Machine while they were jamming it out in front of an audience and that nobody else in the band could sing it, and they were jealous of the attention it received.

Ned posted a good link to a '72 Hawkwind concert they did for the BBC on my FB account. Can't find it right now on YouTube. Should really be looking either.
Posted: Jul 10, 2012 2:12 pm

Here's the BBC Hawkwind documentary that came out a few years back.

Posted: Jul 10, 2012 2:17 pm

Dave Brock refused to appear in it, because of a dispute with Nik Turner, but it's worth watching all the same.

There's a whole thread about this on Michael Moorcock's website.
http://www.multiverse.org/fora/showthread.php?t=5238
Posted: Jul 10, 2012 2:31 pm

The self title(1971) is the album i bought. Thanks for the linK! Fixing to watch it right now.
Posted: Jul 10, 2012 2:58 pm

My fave lp is Doremi Fasol Latido which has the epic "Time We Left This World Today" which in itself contains one of the most astounding rock'n'roll bass solos ever, courtesy of Lemmy. But, seeing as you've started with the first one, you might as well go in order.
Posted: Jul 10, 2012 4:42 pm

I was going to send you (Cole) my copy of Michael Moorcock's Cornelius Quintet, but I sent you a book I actually liked instead.
Posted: Jul 10, 2012 5:17 pm | Edited by: Cole

I googled that....and I want to read it. Another trade? You send me that book and I'll send you something I think is cool. I'm not as tuned in as you.....I grew up in MS...but, I bet I got something you'd dig.
Have you seen the movie about that book with Kris Kristofferson? Thinking about ordering it.
Fuck mixes(though I love 'em) if anyone wants to do blind trades of shit they like...I'm down. An exchange of ideas.
Posted: Jul 10, 2012 5:31 pm

shit I like? you are playing a dangerous game, Cole
Posted: Jul 10, 2012 5:41 pm

Got my CD in the mail this weekend - thank, Cole! Love the Patrick Swayze and John Wesley Coleman toons! Also, great to finally get to hear a some of the bands i've seen mention of on the board, but never got around to checking out - like Sex Church (awesome track!) and Limes. Working on your CD this afternoon - hope to get it out in the mail by the end of the week! Forgot how much i love getting stuff in the mail, too!
Posted: Jul 10, 2012 6:23 pm

Sex Church fucking rules!

I'll send you that book Cole. I'll send it out tomorrow.
Posted: Jul 10, 2012 8:24 pm

Forgot how much i love getting stuff in the mail, too!

I know, right? Welome.

I'll send you that book Cole. I'll send it out tomorrow.

and I got something for you bro. Honestly, I've gotten to know you a bit.....you'll love this.
Posted: Jul 10, 2012 8:46 pm | Edited by: Vinyl Ritchie

heres a psychedelic mix I made a little while back...I guess you could download it and then record it to tape...not as fun as getting it in the mail...but if you like stuff with fuzz guitar and a lot of backwards shit, perhaps you will dig it.
http://soundcloud.com/thehookupmemphis/cellophane-truffle
Posted: Jul 11, 2012 9:10 am

The backwards fiddle on the Butthole Surfers' Creep in the Cellar was purportedly found sound, already on the tape when they started recording. Bullshit or not?
Posted: Jul 11, 2012 9:56 am

I have a MOTO mix and maybe a GISM/Gauze mix lying around, if anybody's interested. Gonna make a metal one tonight at some point.
Posted: Jul 11, 2012 2:20 pm

MOTO mix
Shamefully, the only thing I've ever heard from him is on a Windian Records comp...I'm interested.
GISM/Gauze
No idea who this is. Interested.
. Gonna make a metal one tonight at some point.
very interested. Sam's mix kind of bought out the metal head in me.

Ritchie, I listened to that mix while doing yard work...loved it. I wish I didn't have to take drug test.

Sam sent you a cultural exchange Item today...hope you dig it.
Posted: Jul 11, 2012 2:30 pm

GISM and Gauze are Japanese hardcore punk bands formed in the early-mid 80s. The tape I made is the GISM "Detestation" and Gauze "Fuck Heads" plus tracks from the City Rocker comp. All bootregz obviously.
Posted: Jul 11, 2012 2:40 pm

I want to hear it! Let's trade. I'm not even gonna google 'em. This is how shit was done in the 80's. facebook Cole Lewis in MS or anthony23@ms.metrocast.net.
Posted: Jul 11, 2012 3:04 pm

You got it. I'll hit you up later this evening.
Posted: Jul 11, 2012 3:08 pm

This is how shit was done in the 80's. facebook Cole Lewis in MS or anthony23@ms.metrocast.net.

Just realized how dumb that was. 80's reference followed up with my facebook and email. haha...anyway, as close as were gonna get.
Posted: Jul 11, 2012 5:15 pm

Bootleg label(?), Zombie records did the "definitive" cd reissue/compilations in the early to mid 90s of a bunch of great Japanese HC/punk bands: GISM, Gauze, Stalin, Kuro/the Comes, others? They didn't have a lot of info about the bands and a lot of the track names were still in Japanese, but they were crucial for exposing people to this shit.
Posted: Jul 11, 2012 5:26 pm

Sounds cool, never heard of it. I discovered a lot of that stuff thru punk FTP or whatever it was. Found so much cool shit on there.
Posted: Jul 11, 2012 5:31 pm

I remember going into Rocks Off whenever they opened, like 02 or so, and hearing Chad blasting GISM thru the closed door before I walked in. I knew that record store would rule immediately.
Posted: Jul 11, 2012 6:21 pm

This thread restores all faith in the goner board. Thank you Cole and Sam.
Posted: Jul 12, 2012 7:26 am

a couple late 60s/early 70s hard rock mixes I made a few years ago:
http://www.divshare.com/download/3630252-dd9
http://www.divshare.com/download/1735175-381
Posted: Jul 12, 2012 10:18 am | Edited by: Cole

This thread restores all faith in the goner board. Thank you Cole and Sam.

That's very cool of you to say...I'm having a blast, man. Me and Pat D are exchanging tapes.....I've decided that every tape I send out will be different. I will try to not even use the same songs. It may sound like shit, you might hate the bands...but it will be a Cole original. So far I got Grave Blankets, White Load, Useless Eaters, The People's Temple, Chinese millionairs....it rocks. This is an excuse for me to listen to records with purpose basically.
Posted: Jul 12, 2012 10:27 am

Just dropped a Firestarter track on my tape....how great is it to hear Asian guys sing in English?...no hate...I love that record.
Posted: Jul 12, 2012 10:56 am

A couple of observations....a lot of 45s are played on 33....Why? It keeps fucking me up. Also, the B sides are almost always better.
Posted: Jul 12, 2012 11:52 am

Longer songs, I guess.
Posted: Jul 12, 2012 1:30 pm

here's a kiddie mix i made for my niece a bit ago for her 3rd b-day. should hold you all over until my masterpiece mix gets finished. i swear it's gonna happen soon:

http://www.divshare.com/download/17544438-b47
Posted: Jul 12, 2012 2:21 pm

fixing to clean out gutters...on a staycation this week...i'll give your and Ritchie's mixes a listen while i do that. Patrick, your mix has been sent.
Posted: Jul 12, 2012 5:47 pm

going into Rocks Off

I "technically" got married there. Josh Nagel signed our marriage certificate while he was working behind the counter, Lord George and some tourist witnessed it. I don't remember what Josh was playing at the time.

Also, I met my wife there when she was still dating Matt.

Lots of good times there.
Posted: Jul 12, 2012 5:49 pm

I don't think the Zombie Records comps said "Zombie Records" on them anywhere, I think that I saw that somewhere else where they were listed for sale. MRR or somewhere. I originally bought them all at the Dummy Room in Chicago back in 95/96... Never went there when Norah was working, usually it was Joey's wife.
Posted: Jul 13, 2012 2:57 pm

Got the book Sam. Thanks! That book is pretty hefty bro....you probably coulda just drove it down here for a few more bucks. Reading the back makes it sound awesome It influenced Human League, Hawkwind (!!!), Alan Moore, The Crow....you don't like this book? I'm excited to start on it.
Posted: Jul 13, 2012 3:02 pm

Been reading up on the author Michael Moorcock and he seems pretty awesome. I mean sure, he wasn't beheaded during a ritual suicide after a failed coup....but let's not hold that against him.
Posted: Jul 14, 2012 12:03 pm

Street Trash -FULL FRONTAL, alright!

I like the Elric stories better. The Jerry Cornelius stuff seems dated as 60s sci-fi does to me. Couldn't get through the first book of the quartet. Moorcock knew everybody (Tolkein, Leiber, Ballard, C S Lewis!, other more obscure sci fi/fantasy dudes not to mention the aforementioned Eric Bloom and Hawkwind).
Posted: Jul 14, 2012 1:46 pm

Street Trash

Yeah man, I hope you like that, I have a real soft spot for trashy cinema and I double dipped on that one because I really love that film. I sent you the better 2 disc version because I had already checked out all the xtras. That's the only film that J. Michael Muro directed, he's done camera work on The Abyss, Terminator 2, Titanic, Dances with Wolves, Open Range...this dude has become a great go to camera man in Hollywood. I love the fact that he's only directed one film....fucking Street Trash! In my opinion...his best work.
Posted: Jul 14, 2012 2:00 pm

What a resume!
Posted: Jul 14, 2012 5:06 pm

STREET TRASH!!!!!!!!!

my chemistry teacher in high school hepped me to that
Posted: Jul 14, 2012 6:45 pm

here's my mixtape...repeat for 90 minutes

http://www.publiccollectors.org/Crazy%20Horses.mp3
Posted: Jul 15, 2012 12:38 pm

I think Mark just got me stoned.
Posted: Jul 18, 2012 5:14 pm

Cole - mix went out in the mail today. If anyone else wants one, hit me up!
Posted: Jul 20, 2012 8:28 am

COLE rules!! Sent me a shirt, mixtape and batman comic!!! I, however am a forgetful bastard so his package has been sitting on my desk for like a week now. Going out next Tuesday w/ extras buddy.
Posted: Jul 23, 2012 5:26 pm

Here's a mix I made today. Pimp Dogg, Skrewdriver, The Sweet, Gary Wrong, Deceased, Cobra (UK), Tommy Wright III, Fila Phil, Spits, Barbatos, Grim Clone Band, M.O.T.O., Ruthless Juveniles, GG Allin, Scorpions, E.S.G. (Houston), Judas Priest, ZZ Top & more. Fuck Off And Download!

http://www.mediafire.com/?lll5882lsebv2wl
Posted: Jul 23, 2012 6:07 pm | Edited by: Cole

holy shit Graham! chiXpoXparty....your package really made me happy. So fucking great. I can't put pics on here and it's killing me....i'm putting some on facebook. I'll describe it the best I can....Graham took a music theory book "The Mythic Artery ( The Magic of Music Therapy) he added......Goner Edition 2012. Put the playlist on the opposite page of the first chapter title page...cut a cd size hole into the next 20-30 pages of the book and put his mix cd in there. It is so fucking cool and fucking genius. Honestly bro....one of the...maybe THE... greatest things ever sent to me....thanks! Oh yeah thx for the zines to!
Posted: Jul 23, 2012 6:18 pm

Patrick...bro...just send it when you have time...like I told you on facebook I've made a NOLA mixtape from your blog! I'll check out that mix you just posted tomorrow while I drive around at work....this fucking thread has been so much fucking fun.
Posted: Jul 23, 2012 6:21 pm

Posted: Jul 23, 2012 8:30 pm

Thanks! Glad you like it! I did something similar for a girl i used to date, but used a thrift copy of "Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus." She took one look at the cover, got an expression of complete disgust and said, "What the fuck is this supposed to be?!" I liked the idea that she'd have to keep the book on her shelf as a CD case, though she wound up keeping the CD and tossing the book...
Posted: Jul 25, 2012 8:20 am

I had to get a new car a few weeks ago and it has a CD player and a tape player. This thrills me to pieces. My boyfriend made me a mix tape for it, I am pretty sure that's the first multi-artist mix tape a guy has made me in 10 years.
Posted: Jul 25, 2012 5:25 pm

I am pretty sure that's the first multi-artist mix tape a guy has made me in 10 years.

I'll make you one! You can get your boyfriend to make me one....non-romantic please....WTF, it doesn't matter, it's 2012....it's all good these days.
Posted: Jul 25, 2012 10:01 pm

gotta get mine done. been so goddamn busy. two jobs, too drunk. oye vey.
Posted: Jul 31, 2012 7:12 pm

terrible mix for you terrible people

http://8tracks.com/mark-beef/for-the-world
Posted: Aug 17, 2012 10:19 am

Let's get this going again.
Posted: Aug 17, 2012 4:36 pm | Edited by: Cole

Your mix is awesome Pat. I was sick and i lay in bed and listened to it for three days straight..thanks brother. Chixo's is awesome as well. Sam's was hella fun and made me buy a lot of Hawkwind and metal. I agree...let's get it going! I can't believe people aren't just attacking my e-mail for a Cole Lewis original....every tape is different.
Posted: Aug 17, 2012 6:15 pm

the artwork for mine is almost done.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®