Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / iron mike
Posted: Jun 13, 2012 5:38 pm

i've been watching highlight clips and interviews of mike tyson lately. don't know how it came up. probably got sucked down a youtube hole at some point. here's a couple good ones.

Posted: Jun 13, 2012 5:57 pm

I dig Mike. Thanks for those clips. A buddy of mine saw his one man show in Vegas and it was great. He said Mike told a story of a young Brad Pitt sleeping with his estranged wife. That dude was a monster. I remember he got into a street fight with another boxer and I think he blacked both eyes and broke his nose with one punch. Freakin" scary.
Posted: Jun 13, 2012 5:59 pm

Posted: Jun 13, 2012 7:28 pm

"everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face" -- mike tyson
Posted: Jun 14, 2012 12:27 am

Peek-A-Boo Style!

In his first major title fight, he knocked Berbick down three times with one punch for a pretty comedic TKO win in the 2nd, replacing Floyd Patterson as the youngest HW Champion ever.

As badass as he was, he was never the same after Cus died.

...love me some Mike.
Posted: Jun 14, 2012 9:01 am

good thread
Posted: Jun 14, 2012 9:28 am

As badass as he was, he was never the same after Cus died.

maybe true, lost some spark i suppose. probably felt quite lost. still, to me he was undeniably the greatest fighter of all time, hands down. i know it's cliche, but any fighter "in his prime" could not touch mike tyson in his.
Posted: Jun 14, 2012 10:48 am

"Slammin" Sammy Scaff looks just like Matt Millen. Hell, as a Detroit Lions fan, I'm just gonna pretend he is Matt Millen.
Posted: Jun 14, 2012 11:01 am

tyson in his prime absolutely destroyed people. i think half his opponents were pissing their pants just stepping into the ring with him.

that's what made that buster douglas fight so crazy/unexpected.
Posted: Jun 14, 2012 12:30 pm

"Slammin" Sammy Scaff looks just like Matt Millen. Hell, as a Detroit Lions fan, I'm just gonna pretend he is Matt Millen.

dude if I had been drinking something, I would have spit it everywhere. Funniest thing I've read/heard all day.

It's amazing how tyson's punches in the scaff bout don't even (relatively) look like they have a lot of power going into them. In fact, mike completely whiffs on one of those one-shot-kill NES punch out uppercuts. Yet scaff's face is completely FUCKED at the end of the fight.
Posted: Jun 15, 2012 3:39 pm

He was an absolute knock-out machine in his prime. The influence, wealth, fame, sense of entitlement along with the realization that you could kill 99.9% of the worlds population with your bare hands could really screw with someone's head, and in his case it apparently did. I'm no fan of Mike Tyson, but I am in awe of his prowess in the ring when he was at his peak.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®