Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / THE HOOKERS
Posted: May 9, 2012 1:44 am

just saw them tonight in york. don't miss if they come to your town.
Posted: May 9, 2012 2:24 am

I was going to see the Ty Segall show tonight, but once I got there, it was sold out. I didn't think anybody gave a shit, let alone on a Tuesday night. Plus it sucks too cuz I'm fuckin' rollin' w/ no glow sticks. . . .
Posted: May 9, 2012 2:46 am

Hookers poolside ?!?!!?

Posted: May 9, 2012 8:49 am

LOL. The Rock n Roll outlaw lives in my neighborhood. He used to get so mad when I'd walk up and be like OMG UR THE ROCK N ROLL OUTLAW.
Posted: May 9, 2012 8:49 am

that is stupid. much better in a bar in pennsylvania.
Posted: May 9, 2012 9:15 am

"that's a goddamn sick solo! that's the sick sound of rock 'n roll music!"
Posted: May 9, 2012 10:18 am

So, go see them if they come to your town but not if the venue is a pool. Water turns them into a metal band.
Posted: May 9, 2012 10:52 am

The SAME Hookers from the 90's? I wore my threadbare old t-shirt to sleep in last night...comfy!
Posted: May 9, 2012 12:20 pm

So, go see them if they come to your town but not if the venue is a pool. Water turns them into a metal band.

HEE-HAW!
Posted: May 9, 2012 1:01 pm

I don't know they went threw a bunch of personel changes over the years...pretty much every rocker I meet around here was in The Hookers...
Posted: May 9, 2012 1:22 pm

I've goofed off with them at Cahoots before...music never realy comes up....
Posted: May 9, 2012 1:22 pm

They've been mostly metal for ~10 years now.
Posted: May 9, 2012 2:53 pm

did they ever play with evil army or mangina?
Posted: May 9, 2012 3:02 pm

I saw that poolside shit....I woke up and the hookers were playin really fuckin loud outside my hotel door. I barely remember any of the other bands but, I can't forget that headbangin action. the shakedown was pretty bad. Thank god I didn't pay for any of it.
Posted: May 9, 2012 5:17 pm

My buddy is playing bass for them now ... & although Vancouver is a long way from Kentucky, he was pretty instrumental in the whole reformation (if I've heard the story straight) ... sounds like they're making a good go of it.
Posted: May 9, 2012 6:05 pm

i went to see the hookers 3 different times when i was in high school and they didn't show up once. i think they all got arrested one of the times.

this same thing happened with wesley willis, but he wasn't arrested, he just couldn't find a ride up from chicago. 3 times (?)
Posted: May 9, 2012 6:39 pm

nd they didn't show up once

i meant they didn't show up a single time of the three.
Posted: May 9, 2012 6:44 pm

The Hookers were supposed to play at this little club in my college town but the cops came so everyone just drank vodka and Donald Duck juice. LOL:
Posted: May 10, 2012 9:57 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

did they ever play with evil army or mangina?

I'm pretty sure they were defunct or not playing out when Mangina were on the scene.

I was all into The Hookers when I first moved to this town...the bills they're on these days are mainly what keeps me away. I think there was one bill I thought might be worth my time, but something came up. They realy didn't start playing out again until maybe 2009 it seems like.

I kind of figure they play Memphis alot what with the metal scene down there, but I don't know for sure.

Also, they broke up right before I moved here, and went threw so many personel changes they weren't consistant I'm told. I've seen them before but I've always been mega drunk, and usualy like 'who's this metal band, they're pretty cool?'
Posted: May 10, 2012 10:02 am

The like The Vibrolas better, Chris was in The Hookers back in their heyday but not one of the original members..but they're more in the rocknroll vein and I actually haven't even seen them play in like 5 or 6 years...but yeah.
Posted: May 12, 2012 1:00 am

Saw them play the continental in NYC many years ago. No one was there but we got real drunk and the band was super nice. They were fantastic. They also had pyro which was fun!
Posted: May 12, 2012 9:18 am

howie pyro rules!
Posted: May 22, 2012 12:11 pm

Sat night in San Fran, at "Bender's"
Posted: May 22, 2012 2:49 pm

Opening for them in Portland at Dante's on May 31st
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®