Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Ann Arbor folks....
Posted: Apr 27, 2012 10:38 pm

I'm moving again, after only living in Tucson for a year. I decided to go back to school and all that nerd stuff.

Anyhow, I'm just wondering who is out there. I actually spent some time in the Detroit metro area about a decade ago, but I am sure it's different now. I know we have some good music coming out of Detroit, but what about Ann Arbor-a cool scene to speak of?

If anyone's out there, hit me back on here. I have to finish up the school year here (I'm teaching at a high school) and then I plan on making a trip out to scout out houses and everything. It'd be cool to have a contact out there...
Posted: Apr 27, 2012 11:52 pm

I actually spent some time in the Detroit metro area about a decade ago, but I am sure it's different now.
Posted: Apr 28, 2012 12:59 am

What I meant by that was not only are there probably twice as many burned out houses and sad people, but also that Record Graveyard is probably gone/moved, and any contacts I used to have are gone, or they wouldn't remember me.
Posted: Apr 28, 2012 3:44 am

you should come say hi at the District 260 e congress before you go

criminal code from olympia is playing there wed the 2nd
Posted: Apr 28, 2012 8:55 am

I think there's a place from Diner's Drive-Ins & Dives in Ann Arbor. That could be your new hangout.

Our house is two hours Northwest from there. Want to be our new bass player?
Posted: Apr 28, 2012 9:20 am

I do actually know some people in Ann Arbor though. Hit me up at markmillionaire AT gmail DOT com or on FB - www.facebook.com/markmillionaire
Posted: Apr 28, 2012 4:48 pm

you should come say hi at the District 260 e congress before you go

Sounds rad! I'm gonna try and make this. I'll let you know if we'll be there. So far the only dude I've gotten to know around here is Bill from Toxic Ranch.

Want to be our new bass player?
Shit, dude. Maybe! My wife is the better bassist though. I'll hit you up on the facebook.
Posted: Apr 28, 2012 8:25 pm

stop into kzoo for some groovy house shows!!
Posted: Apr 28, 2012 9:05 pm

I think there's a place from Diner's Drive-Ins & Dives in Ann Arbor.
can't remember what was on, but zingerman's is awesome, though expensive
Posted: Apr 29, 2012 12:55 am

Yep! Zingermans is top shelf! Ask for Paul!!!!
Posted: Apr 29, 2012 9:19 am

i'd kill a man for a zingermans sandwich today.
Posted: Apr 29, 2012 4:55 pm

Ann Arbor is a whore.
Posted: Apr 29, 2012 5:00 pm

but at least an expensive one compared to e lansing
Posted: Apr 29, 2012 9:07 pm

stop into kzoo for some groovy house shows!!

94 miles-totally down for it if there are some good ones. I'm taking notes on all this stuff...Zingermans, expensive whores, check check.
Posted: Apr 29, 2012 9:50 pm

tj potter is playing with millionaire, jump on it, no girls allowed
Posted: Apr 30, 2012 1:52 am

I'd live in Detroit and commute but, though I admit Ann Arbor is a good college town, I loathe the local college's sports teams enough to rule out living there.

Seriously though, It's a good, liberal college town that's close to Detroit, Kalamazoo and Chicago. I'm sure the Blind Pig still has an occasional good show, Zingermans is amazing and the cunt has some other good eateries as well. Just be ready for a lot of unwarranted arrogance from the alumni and student body.

To make friends fast: mention the name RichRod a lot, talk about Appalachian State as much as possible, say "I think Dantonio is a god" and always, always let people know how much love you have for the late Ed Martin."
Posted: Apr 30, 2012 7:14 am

Windy's singing, actually.
Posted: Apr 30, 2012 7:15 am

(and she's good, btw. All that church singing experience is turning out to be a good thing after all)
Posted: Apr 30, 2012 10:54 am

RichRod

We'll see how he does here in Tucson. People were up in arms about his signing. Seems like a dick.

late Ed Martin
Your mention of this topic made for some interesting research this morning. Hope I can get in a money laundering operation while I'm out there.
Posted: Apr 30, 2012 11:35 am

Windy's singing, actually.

i knew she had a tight grip on yer nuts.
Posted: Apr 30, 2012 5:15 pm

i knew she had a tight grip on yer nuts.

Only during the live shows, and she'll be alternating between mine and Tom's.
Posted: Apr 30, 2012 7:19 pm

at least you're open minded.
Posted: May 1, 2012 10:37 pm

Your mention of this topic made for some interesting research this morning. Hope I can get in a money laundering operation while I'm out there.

Ed Martin ran a huge numbers racket at the GM plants and used a ton of the dough he made to pay players, including the Fab 5, to play football and basketball at Michigan. It all came to light after Maurice Taylor rolled an SUV coming back to Ann Arbor from Detroit. In that vehicle at the time was a highly sought-after recruit named Mateen Cleaves. Momma Cleaves wasn't too happy her son was injured, pretty badly, at 3AM on a recruiting trip. Cleaves was most likely going to end up at MSU anyway but that sealed the deal and Cleaves led the Spartans to a National Title 4 years later. Mateen never fully recovered from the accident though. The guy lost a ton of his athleticism due to chronic back problems from the accident. If he hadn't, he'd still be playing in the NBA instead of flaming out after 3 years. Chris Webber was pretty much a lock for MSU coming out of high school until Ed Martin dropped him 250grand.

My hatred for all thing UofM aside, Ann Arbor is a cool town. A lot better than East Lansing.
Posted: May 2, 2012 3:44 pm

109,901 Michigan football fans can't be wrong!

Just deluded.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®