TJSA in Memphis
$5
6 hour drive
Get to hang out in Memphis which I haven't done in years

vs.

June 2

TJSA in Austin
with the Clean and Royal Headache
(plus, would be able to see GG King, Mark Sultan, and Fred & Toody "playing the hits" the night before)
$30 total for all bands listed
9 hour drive
Was just in Austin last month and it's never been my favorite place. Kind of seems like a silly city.

Someone justify one of these for me.
Posted: Apr 17, 2012 9:22 am

Are these the only two dates? I had to google Memphis with TJSA just to find info...apparently the original listing was wrong.
Posted: Apr 17, 2012 10:01 am

Yep, these are it.
Posted: Apr 17, 2012 10:05 am

I'm biased because I live in Memphis and our band is playin, but I've always preferred regular shows over festivals. It will be easier to find parking, a place to stay,and actually watch the bands and get back and forth to the bar at the Memphis show. My opinion of course.
Posted: Apr 17, 2012 10:06 am

I've also heard very mixed reviews about the recent Clean shows.
Posted: Apr 17, 2012 11:26 am

festivals suck.
Posted: Apr 17, 2012 12:46 pm

Well...Chaos in Tejas is a "festival," but really it's just a bunch of shows at different bars around town, ad most of the bands I want to see are at the two shows above. Not that I'm leaning one way or the other, just sayin'.
Posted: Apr 17, 2012 6:16 pm

i was thinking of heading down to texas, but doesn't seem feasible now (busy at work) fred and and toody are playing hitone the weekend before and the fuzz are opening
Posted: Apr 17, 2012 6:44 pm

in that case, it's no festival. "Festival" is one or two stages, usually outdoors in one venue, and bands play every hour.

the music was meant to be played indoors, with alcohol available, and some dark corners where you can make new friends.
Posted: Apr 18, 2012 4:03 pm

Save your money. Petric was far & away the best thing about that band anyways.
Posted: Apr 19, 2012 5:37 pm

i don't know what you're talking about but bob is playing
Posted: Apr 19, 2012 6:14 pm

Posted: Apr 20, 2012 10:26 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

Small chance I might be at this show in Memphis...but considering I'm only getting out of the hole I dug myself (with the help of that fink Uncle Sam) with Gonerfest I probbably won't be. Maybe they'll be at the next Gonerfest if there is another one? If they play Columbus again it's on.

Still I got a pact with some folks localy and in Nashville to go see TJSA next time they play. There's like a 15% chance.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®