Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / dirty beaches
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 2:14 am

holy shit, this is great stuff! never heard of this guy before last night...

Posted: Mar 21, 2012 12:31 pm

i'm a fan.
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 12:56 pm

i might be a fan if he looked like he was having fun. is this like wavves meets doors meets any rockabilly?
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 12:57 pm

wavves / dirtee beachezzz
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 1:08 pm

the record has a awesome suicide vibe going
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 1:10 pm

he's great!!! from montreal
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 2:26 pm

listened to the record online - i'll definitely pick it up. i get the issue with him not looking like he's having fun - i get the impression he tries maybe a little too hard for the cool-guy stage persona - but that said, it does fit the music. it's funny though, the proper videos of his i've watched online (not live ones) are terrrrrrible! i really dig the sound, though - and i'm not even a big fan of suicide.
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 2:30 pm

i do dig the loop a lot. king automatic does that too, but he plays is it live and then loops it:

Posted: Mar 21, 2012 3:36 pm

yeah, the only KA toon i'm really familiar with is "road crash automatic" - i'd love to see him play sometime, though - it's amazing he can manage so many sounds on his own like that!

that's a fucking awesome guitar, too!
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 3:38 pm

this one is ok, but the other side is pretty damn good (good = danceable)

Posted: Mar 21, 2012 3:41 pm

gimme your email address and i'll give you an mp3 of it.
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 4:13 pm

nice - lepue22 (at) yahoo. thanks, i keep meaning to pick up a copy of that record - this is a good reminder!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®