Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Most overrated bands/musicians of all time...
Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next »
Posted: Mar 20, 2012 6:50 pm

There are a lot of obvious overrated bands out there. I'm not talking about commercial flavor of the month crap, I'm talking about the ones who've had long lasting careers and are still at it. Bands that people I actually know and respect enjoy.

Remember: Assholes are like opinions, everybody takes a dump. So take it easy.

My top 5...
ELVIS COSTELLO - I can't think of another musician in the history of the world that is more overrated than him. Just awful music, voice, performer. Every time someone has tried to play me the "good stuff" it makes me want to push an old lady out of her wheel chair. I've been to 6 Costello shows. Why? I was paid to be there... and it wasn't enough. Wreckless Eric did the coolest thing. Got him to sign a copy of the Stiff records comp. that they are both pictured on. He put an X through Elvis' face and called him a "wanker." Eric should have sold a ton of records, not Elvis. Another thing that seriously bugs me about him... Why does he have to be interviewed on every music documentary ever made? I don't care what he thinks about Howlin' Wolf, Stax, Black Sabbath, Carl Perkins, Mozart etc. I don't care what Bono thinks either. Both of them are on every doc that comes out now days. Just the fact that he named himself "Elvis Costello" makes him suck. Being in the Rock'n'Roll Hall Of Fame lost any importance the day they let him in.

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN - Down home constipated American roots at it's worst. Album after album of "walkin' down a lonesome highway" crap. Yeah "Nebraska" sucks also.

MICHAEL JACKSON - Jackson 5 was not a very important chapter in the Motown history book if you ask me. So let's just jump right into Thriller. Best selling album of all time. Okay. Probably the worst Quincy Jones production of all time. This is such an unimportant record. Stupid songs, lyrics, and dancing. Best thing Thriller had going for it was Vincent Price. Purple Rain kicks Thriller's ass and I still don't consider it very important either.

METALLICA - Whoa! Yup, I said it. Worst rock vocals and drum sounds all on the samealbums. Awesome! Yay-ee-yayyyyyy!!! Clickity clickity clickity!!!

SEX PISTOLS - They sucked. Fashion punk at best.

That's all. Hate away and add some more!
Posted: Mar 20, 2012 6:53 pm

Miss Linda's vote is for KISS.
Posted: Mar 20, 2012 7:19 pm

5. Maritime VHF, specifically channel 16, or 156.8 MHz - fuck that guy.

4. The "A" Band - just because it's situated on either side of the H zone of a muscle sarcomere, doesn't mean you're such hot shit.

3. Band used as a verb. As if.

2. Möbius band - o.k. we get it already. "It's all the same side, maaaaaan!!!!"

1. Bands - Thank god the cravat finally came out. AMIRIGHTPEOPLE?!?!?
Posted: Mar 20, 2012 7:21 pm

and the word "bandied" sucks, too. I've got something you can toss.
Posted: Mar 20, 2012 7:48 pm

C'mon, Andrew...you just don't get it.

Costello singing Springsteen songs while dancing like Michael Jackson, would bring it all into focus.

Especially with Metallica doing sound and Sid facilitating recreation from beyond the grave.
Posted: Mar 20, 2012 8:30 pm | Edited by: rayultine

black lips - atlanta suburbia at its finest
david bowie - marc boland and transformer-era lou reed are better
i'll give b-dub a thumbs up on elvis costello, even though he has a few good jams. beyond belief can get stuck in my head for weeks.
i used to think CCR was overrated, but then I stopped being a retard
edit: hardcore sucks, post-hardcore sucks even worse, therefore fucked up sucks and they are assholes to boot
Posted: Mar 20, 2012 8:41 pm

i have never heard fucked up (that i'm aware of) but you are swinging that brush widely. necros, negative approach for example, and proletariat for the post example
Posted: Mar 20, 2012 8:56 pm

you are swinging that brush widely

sure sure, but that's what the internet is for. I like bad brains and minor threat a bunch. negative approach... that's a name I haven't heard in eons. Waaaaay before my time as a teenager in Detroit.

There was some pretty good stuff in michigan when I was a kid. Roosevelt's Inaugural Parade and Falling Forward. That stuff hasn't aged so awesomely though.
Posted: Mar 20, 2012 8:59 pm

commercial flavor of the month crap
how about flavor of the last half decade? Sign up Coldplay and Grizzly Bear
Posted: Mar 20, 2012 10:44 pm

Led Zeppelin- I really don't like this band. I'm tired of hearing them....I was tired of em' after hearing "Whole Lotta Love" the second time. What a piece of shit song. I don't need to hear Plant make orgasm noises while they go psychedelic on me. I'm tired of the fucking the chick with a shark story. Fuck 'em.

Lynyrd Skynyrd- This one is personal. I never thought they were great....but growing up hearing every shitty redneck bar band murder "Gemme Three Steps" has made me hate them. Why are they still touring? Your main songwriter died horribly...half the people in your band are in their thirties...it'a a bad joke.

Ozzy- He has a knack for growing guitar players in some sort of weird farm and he's great at living off of other people's talent. I respect Sabbath but I think Ozzy is a no-talent asshole, who's good at leeching off real talented people.

Dead Kennedys- I find Jello annoying...vocally and personality wise. He's always so political and righteous. I don't want to see the current DKs live, but it's obvious Jello screwed 'em. Ian he' ain't. He talks it, but I don't think he lives that way. Not bad...he wrote some good stuff...but way overrated.
Posted: Mar 20, 2012 11:04 pm

Dead Kennedys- I find Jello annoying...vocally and personality wise. He's always so political and righteous. I don't want to see the current DKs live, but it's obvious Jello screwed 'em. Ian he' ain't. He talks it, but I don't think he lives that way. Not bad...he wrote some good stuff...but way overrated.

many years back, my girlfriend at the time and i went to an FYP show at Gilman. Jello was there, and somehow my girlfriend wound up talking to him outside about east bay real estate (he had just bought a home). she wasn't really into punk, so had no idea who he was. i knew who he was but never liked the Dead Kennedys say anything like, "hey, aren't you...???" FYP starts playing, so we tell him we're gonna go in to watch them, and the creep gets all snarky and says, "Yeah, you should head inside - i hear Jello Biafra's in there!" whatta prick.

East Bay Ray always seemed like a nice dood at The Legendary Stardust Cowboy shows though.
Posted: Mar 20, 2012 11:07 pm

oops! edit: i knew who he was but never liked the Dead Kennedys so i didn't say anything like, "hey, aren't you...???"
Posted: Mar 20, 2012 11:07 pm

i've always gotten along fine with jello, he's an encyclopedia of punk. shit, would anyone know of grong grong without him?
Posted: Mar 20, 2012 11:20 pm | Edited by: Cole

Even if you take away his personality.....his band pales with the heavy hitters....Flag, Bad Brains, Threat, the Michigan stuff....all better than DKs. I think his charisma put his band in a place that they didn't really deserve....btw...how dated does California Über Alles sound today...just listened to see if i felt any different...I don't.
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 12:59 am

It doesn't sound dated to me, because our country is as fucked now as it was in 2009, 1999, 1989, 1979, and 1969.

Which perhaps means that we really aren't fucked, since we've been stabilized and surviving in this ridiculous shit storm since the 60's died?

and yeah skynyrd is super lame. But I'm a yankee so I'm supposed to have that opinion.
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 1:13 am

Zep, Skynerd are easy pickins. My only opinion about Ozzy is he made stupid kids and should have really worshiped Satan instead of Mammon. Love you, man, but: Police Truck! Holiday in Cambodia! Bigger problem now takes care of your UberAlles concern. Most all of Plastic Surgery Disasters. Frankenchrist: I liked the dick poster. Bedtime for Democracy=Bedtime for DKs. Preachiness killed it towards the end. But I'm not gone let Biafra's mouthy ruin the early stuff, just like I'm not going to let everything Henry Rollins ever wrote down on paper or everytime he was in a movie or on TV or his band ruin Black Flag. He can keep singing Black Coffee; you can keep your Family Man, family man.
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 1:37 am

1. Bob Dylan
2. The Band
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 1:44 am

john spencer
ivan sevonious
everything on dischord
nofx/socal extreme punk
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 2:47 am

Led Zep
U2
Oasis
Clash
Queen

ps: Sex Pistols are still in my top 3 all time fave bands. no matter what you think of them, I understand one may not dig them, but they belong to the very short list of bands that truly changed the history of rock'n'roll radically.
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 6:41 am

Rick Laird and Jerry Goodman - boy, they sucked on stage. I'll never understand why Mac took those two fuck ups in the band. He had zillions of better players hangin around him.

The Police
and fuck yeah: The Sex Pistols!
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 7:29 am

Even if you take away his personality.....his band pales with the heavy hitters....Flag, Bad Brains, Threat, the Michigan stuff....all better than DKs. I think his charisma put his band in a place that they didn't really deserve....btw...how dated does California Über Alles sound today...just listened to see if i felt any different...I don't.

their first three albums are close perfect.

one killer from each:

"Let's lynch the landlord"

"we've got a bigger problem now" (the better version of uber alles, which also bugs the shit out of me- this one can't be touched):

"well paid scientist"

Posted: Mar 21, 2012 8:01 am

I would agree completely with Andrew's list except to replace the Sex Pistols with REM.
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 8:11 am

East Bay Ray always seemed like a nice dood at The Legendary Stardust Cowboy shows though.

My cousin was in a Klaus Flouride video when he was 9. Apparently Klaus is close with my X-uncle. If Klaus is anything like my X-uncle, they all must be complete douche bags. But I keep an open mind, X doesn't necessarily equal Z.
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 8:15 am

everything on dischord

Void/Faith split must be plucked from that fire
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 8:29 am

everything on dischord

except Teen Idles Dischord 100 EP (the 78 recordings issued in the 90s)
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 8:31 am | Edited by: Mark Beef

fuck no....faith sucks dead dogs so bad that it taints the void side into an ebola state

and again no...gotta nip that sXe crap in the bud...kill it before it can start
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 9:06 am

minor threat gets played to death in the burrito shop i work at, and 21 years after my first exposure to it it still slays me.

that reminds me, has there ever been a build up this bitchin' since? actually, the real question is, has anyone else ever done this particular kind of build up?

Posted: Mar 21, 2012 9:15 am

Void/Faith split must be plucked from that fire

as Beefcake points out you could drop this in the fire faith side down

dischord had a good run (understatement) but it's all shit from the 1/2 half of the 80's onward (remember Beefeater? they had a real dogshit version of "Live The Life" a decade before the Oblivians evened the score for rocknroll)

uh anyways,
fucking Adele - christ, enough already
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 9:48 am

really joe, you first heard minor threat in 1991?

and I don't expect a dead kennedy's defender to understand much about rock n roll
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 9:50 am

The Clash, X, Tom Petty,NRBQ ,Pink Floyd(post Syd).
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 10:01 am

sorry I guess the real question is why you've worked in a burrito shop for 21 years
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 10:06 am

Pink Floyd(post Syd)
Ouch. Atom Heart Mother, More, and Animals rock my world. And so does Syd.
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 10:16 am

tom waits = the worst
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 10:57 am

at least we can all agree that the Doors are appropriately rated - as crap
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 11:21 am

really joe, you first heard minor threat in 1991?

errrrm... '90. i was 17 years old. sorry i was such a late bloomer.

and don't tell me you can't get down with those dk's tracks.
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 11:22 am

tom waits = the worst

YES.

and i can dig "meddle" for my only post-syd floyd.
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 11:32 am

I'm sorry I can't get down with those tracks. The minute I hear Erich Boucher's voice I instantly break whatever is making it happen.

1990 would be 22 years ago. It's 2012 in the rest of the world
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 11:48 am

Meddle rules too!

I think it's amazingly comical when "real" punk rockers who WERE THERE! and are now 45-55 years old are like "you never heard DK until 1994?!" well yeah bro, I was 3 1/2 years old when Plastic Surgery Disasters came out, sorry! You would think that once these people makes babies and are half a century old and can't get their wood up anymore that they would start realizing that music and life revelations can happen to anyone at anytime.

get off my lawn is the new oi.
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 11:53 am

1990 would be 22 years ago. It's 2012 in the rest of the world

i hella give a fuck about the rest of the world.
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 11:55 am

I think it's amazingly comical when "real" punk rockers who WERE THERE! and are now 45-55 years old and weigh 350 are like "you never heard DK until 1994?!"
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 12:00 pm

pffft. Get Off My Lawn is so 2007. Pretty sure you can still pick up the Staags 7" at Goner, though. 2008, but is still pretty timely with "Don't Tase Me Bro" and all...
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 12:09 pm

Bad Brains. Pay to Cum is good. The rest is shit.
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 12:11 pm

Also the Avengers and the Wipers.
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 12:28 pm

Every six hundred dollar folk-psych, private press LP on Collectors frenzy. Nearly half of everything listed in Acid Archives. I'll admit, I enjoy a lot of this kind of stuff but not because it's as awesome as some people would have you believe. Mostly because they are musical trainwrecks. But when people start acting like there's a lot of musical merit there it kind of drives me crazy.
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 12:39 pm

I would save my bile for the bands that ripped off & sold what the orig. punx sweated blood to get out. Green Day, Rancid, Sum 41, etc.

i was never a huge DKs fan but they were pretty hard to avoid, as were Flipper. There weren't a lot of good SF bands at all, in my opinion. A band like the OCs are much more creative and original and vital than DKs ever were.

the other shit i always hated was any blues-based histrionic crapola chiefly characterized by an effeminate lead singer who used the upper register to annoying effect whilst his guitarist played cheesey overdone blues riffs too loud on a Gibson thru Marshalls.

I would take the later iterations of "garage rock" over any hardcore acts or KBD acts, and I saw a lot of 'em.

but music is in the ear of the behearer. a lot of taste, unfortunately, is made of exposure. if you don't have an opportunity to hear it, you'll never know what's good.
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 12:51 pm

The Who - when your magnum opus is basically "what if Helen Keller was really good at pinball?", then you suck.

Robert Plant - Squawk squawk bay-buh bay-buh squawk squawk!! I might actually like Zeppelin if it weren't for this dying buzzard of a singer.

Red Hot Chili Peppers - seriously, fuck you.
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 12:58 pm

Every six hundred dollar folk-psych, private press LP on Collectors frenzy.

AMAZING exceptions to this rule: Collie Ryan, Relatively Clean Rivers
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 1:22 pm

i'm going to go with bands some of my friends love/loved, insisted i also would, but i was totally unimpressed by:

queens of the stone age
black keys
kings of leon

hall of fame for overrated = grateful dead
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 1:29 pm

cant believe this thread has gone this far with no mention of Nirvana -- i don't hate em or anything but they sure as fuck were OVERrated
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 1:46 pm

I went through the whole thread waiting to see Nirvana too. They're ok, but I just don't see how he's some once in a generation songsmith...right time, right place.
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 1:54 pm

screeching weasel. i don't even need to mention the other guys in the genre. they just suck, period.

ABBA. i can deal with the sugar, but can't understand people who swear by them.
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 2:03 pm

where the fuck are you hanging out that people are overrating screeching weasel?!
i figured they were another band rated appropriately as crap
maybe i'm just oblivious but if i were looking for one of their records wouldnt i head straight for the dollar bin?
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 2:06 pm

right time, right place.
that would be my time and my place. Before Cobain, I was like "ehh music is alright", after Cobain came buying guitars/records, taking drugs, working at radio stations, joining bands, going on tours, etc etc blah blah to where I am today.

I'm sure if you had long been listening to X/ big black/ The Stooges / The misfits / Flipper / The Pixies / stuff on SST / etc in 1991, you were like oh hai this shrimpy blond dirtbag thinks he just invented the power chord and the crappily played guitar solo. But if (like me) you were a 14 year old nerd looking for a sign, it was pretty powerful stuff. But I didn't just stop at Nirvana, Green Day and Bush and think that was the pinnacle of rock n roll. It made me realize that there was weird music and weird musicians out there, and I just wanted to get weirder and weirder and weirder with all of them. Now here I am talking shit on the internet instead of doing my job.

But yeah, while Nirvana definitely opened the door for the commercialization of "punk" and the wasteland of today's rock radio, In Utero and Bleach have aged pretty damn well.
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 2:21 pm

Dead Boys...I'm not saying they're terrible or anything, but I never need to hear them again.
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 2:30 pm

i agree with Elvis Costello - and i'll also throw in Nick Cave. i do not get the fucking appeal of that guy.
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 2:46 pm

rayultine...BJ was almost 18 years old before he heard Minor Threat. That is a full fledged adult, and he's not exactly now some wet behind the ears (except for the back) grommet.
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 2:47 pm

where the fuck are you hanging out that people are overrating screeching weasel?!
i figured they were another band rated appropriately as crap
maybe i'm just oblivious but if i were looking for one of their records wouldnt i head straight for the dollar bin?

you know where i live! but the reality is that while all the people that like nofx are obviously a half grade above juggalos, plenty of people with somewhat decent taste (you know... people that at least like jay reatard) are weasel fans / defenders.
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 2:48 pm

which is so much worse than dk's fans/defenders
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 2:48 pm

grong grong
Not 30 seconds ago, I thought about Grong Grong and then I read your post. Woah! Lattice of coincidence.
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 2:51 pm

rayultine...BJ was almost 18 years old before he heard Minor Threat. That is a full fledged adult, and he's not exactly now some wet behind the ears (except for the back) grommet.

but i was 10 when i first learned the words to puke spit and guts big "hit," and twelve when i was eating at the atomic cafe with the dead kennedys playing on the jukebox.

but whatever, i was six when i knew that surfin bird was the greatest song to ever poison public airspace.
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 2:52 pm

which is so much worse than dk's fans/defenders

serisouly??? man, i'd love to take the contrarian bait, but i know it's all you got.
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 2:53 pm

and you is one hungry tubba, bubba.
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 2:56 pm

pot speaking to kettle over and over
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 3:10 pm

how do you figure? or are you just out of empty insults?
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 3:22 pm

Dead Boys...I'm not saying they're terrible or anything, but I never need to hear them again.

whoa, dude! i can understand not every needing to hear Sonic Reducer again - but damn!
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 3:33 pm

how do I figure? have you looked in the mirror?
fat coke heads are the worst

and contrarian...yeah you never
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 3:34 pm

nope. never.
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 3:35 pm

i know a couple fat vegans. freaks me out.
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 3:39 pm

i'll admit it, i'm still a screeching weasel fan.
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 3:42 pm

see, crucialdude???
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 4:13 pm

I think it's funny when "kids" call out someone for defending hardcore in its context but then have to explain the importance of Kurt Cobain's contributions... in their context.
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 4:14 pm

The Gories- even though many people whose tastes I respect immensely love this fucking slop, I think they are terrible. I don't know why people think they are the shit. "Spirit","attitude", blah blah blah..they suck. Cant even tap my toe to that bullshit. Not good.

Tav Falco-see reason listed above

Skynyrd is great, fuck y'all...
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 4:21 pm

Wipers

First three- sweet.
Everything after- poop treat

Youth of Today
Cro Mags
Steely Dan
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 4:28 pm

The Gories

Bingo.

Not a fucking hook to be found...treble, coat or otherwise.

Yes it's the bible to some of you...and you'll get over my heresy
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 4:54 pm

I think it's funny when "kids" call out someone for defending hardcore in its context but then have to explain the importance of Kurt Cobain's contributions... in their context.

I called out someone? I called out a specific band, whose pussy guitarist tried to fight me for an entire sxsw just for wearing a halloween costume on stage, but he never had the guts to throw a punch.

I certainly didn't call out bruce, cause he's entitled to his opinion and his context. I may have "called out" hardcore as a genre, but in my opinion and in the context of my life, it's a genre of music that doesn't get me off at all. Oh but then I named a few exceptions to that rule, cause exceptions always exist. so fuck you!
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 4:58 pm

and I don't "have" to explain anything. I'm just professing how grateful I am to Nirvana for setting the table for my current musical tastes. I'm not embarrassed to like the things that I do.
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 4:59 pm

so you didn't call me out for my opinion and context?
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 5:00 pm

The Beatles.
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 5:02 pm

so you didn't call me out for my opinion and context?

Is that even possible? Hey man, your opinion on art and the way you've lived your life is WRONG! Is yamhill rick santorum?
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 6:01 pm

Easy there, tiger. Of course that fellow from fucked up didnt throw a punch- They're Canadian!
And my observation wasnt made as an insult. I do find funny the sort of reverse you- weren't- there comments that era of music will always bring about. Most of the people I know on this board were around when Nirvana invented you.
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 6:18 pm

Meddle rules too!

Yes.
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 7:25 pm

Thee Oh Sees
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 7:31 pm

And my observation wasnt made as an insult

woops sorry about the overreaction. Someday someone will reverse you-weren't-there to me. They'll probably be talking about Noah Cyrus.
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 7:34 pm

Tav Falco-see reason listed above

to some extent i can understand not liking the gories, but tav? sure he made some stinkers, but you have no love at all for behind the magnolia curtain? that record is just as awesome as WLWH or safe as milk!
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 8:21 pm

The problem is that bands aren't static. I love "Immigrant Song" and "Communication Breakdown", but I pretty much hate the rest of Led Zeppelin's oeuvre.

I still love some Minor Threat, and some Screeching Weasel songs will still make me tap my toes; however, I don't really give a shit about those bands or anyone in those bands anymore. I don't care about their most recent record and wouldn't go to see them if they played in my town for free.

"Overrated" too often means "I don't get it" or "I don't like them anymore, and therefore, no one else should."

I am qualified to say, however, that Scott Rogers is no way, shape, or form overrated.

No joke: one of his balls looks like a lincoln log.
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 8:26 pm

morrissey has not been mentioned yet. that kinda wows me.
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 9:01 pm

I gotta say, I'm puzzled that someone could find nothing to like about the Gories. Hooks? "View from here" has several great hooks and is near perfect to me. But, to each his own. Loved DK as a teen but it hasn't aged well for me. Listening to those videos now made me feel like I was stuck in a conversation with an attention starved politico. When I was 14 though, it was hilarious. Let's talk about something that was truly awful though. Aside from maybe two or three songs that are fun in a kind of messy, home recording kind of way...
Samhain really is a pile of shit.
Nazz -tried to like it. didn't
Now let's be taboo and talk Memphis.
Big Star - Not saying anything bad, just overated. Love Thirteen and a handful of others. and while we're here...
Box Tops! Sitar solo in cry like a baby makes me wanna break something when it comes on the radio. two songs I like and plenty I don't.
Moloch -blusey groove band that lacks groove. So many great Memphis records that deserve belated props but instead people keep this hunk of crap in print? terrible.
Nearly every title on TMI. Much of it produced by Steve Cropper. Should have been the next phase of the Mempho rock sound. Watchpocket featured the increadible writing and vocal talent of Sid Herring, Edgewood had loads of local talent as well. Yet everything on the label flat out sucks.
Mudboy and the Nuetrons- locally revered? sure. Good? no.
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 9:05 pm

OUTCAST.

critics write "missives" about them, don't they?
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 9:45 pm

I think the Gories fall under the Billy Childish curse
too much stuff and some of it is just whatever
but dig and there's some definite gems

Posted: Mar 21, 2012 9:59 pm

There weren't a lot of good SF bands at all,

Gotta disagree with that one...there was a lot of arty, contrived crap...yes...but there were some gems...Mutants, Fuck Ups, Avengers come to mind in the late 70's and early 80's...That 1st Bad Posture lp wasn't bad either...may as well throw in Tales of Terror from Sacto a bit farther down the line, one of my all time faves..
Overrated SF?
Record collector blasphemy, but the fucking Mummies and Crime..
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 10:24 pm

oh...forgot Sick Pleasure on the positive...code of Honor on the negative
As far as Greg's Big Star reference...I kinda get it, some of it is the best thing ever..and some just isn't...Love hits me in a similar fashion..some songs are just fucking brilliant, and then some are this horrible self indulgent crap that makes me wanna throw my stereo out the window..
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 10:56 pm

Snuky Tate too.

I'm amazed nobody has mentioned the fact that music itself is actually overrated especially when you compare it to cumming or getting urinated on.

I was at a friend of mine's place the other day and he was all, "Hey TGC you gotta listen to these mp3s I downloaded off of the internet!" and I was all, ". . . errr I gotta go to the bathroom." Then I went to the kitchen and opened up the refridgerator door until all the coldness escaped and the motor inevitably kicked in. I sat there and listened to that instead.
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 10:59 pm | Edited by: deadcityrebel

..and some just isn't...
this is how i feel about jonathan richman, roxy music, and television.

but i'll defend like flies on sherbert til i die.
Posted: Mar 22, 2012 12:44 am

flamin groovies don't get best of sf / world nomination? ok...

gories overrated? do you like the oblivians? obviously not the same sound, but their depth is equal. how does that guitar work (both of 'em) not kill you? they don't have to be about hooks. it's equally about delivery for the gories. that's originality for you, and obviously alex chilton felt the same way. if you can't make the connection between the gories and the cramps well... at least the gories stopped before they could have made their own "stay sick." that's what the dirtbombs were for.

beef, how can you compare a band with three studio albums to billy childish? he has 20 + bands that all more or less do the same thing. caesars an headcoats being the best, and identical to each other (and also on the gories / 'blivs level). i understand where your coming from, but the gories are as singular as any of the greats. you can't have overkill when you were only around for 6 years and you aren't the oh sees.
Posted: Mar 22, 2012 2:08 am

Childish is pushing things into a new direction with his Spartaan Dreggs band, with Wilf on the drums... the vocals are more harmenizing.
Posted: Mar 22, 2012 6:16 am

Spartan Dreggs are among my fave current bands. The LP is a must, among the best things Childish ever did.
Posted: Mar 22, 2012 6:32 am

big L
mudhoney
davila
Posted: Mar 22, 2012 6:45 am

Prince
Posted: Mar 22, 2012 6:49 am

Jimi Hendrix!
Posted: Mar 22, 2012 6:49 am

Pringles
Posted: Mar 22, 2012 6:50 am | Edited by: Thee Gilded Chimera

Robert Johnson!
Posted: Mar 22, 2012 9:21 am

BB king. seriously.
The Jam
Posted: Mar 22, 2012 9:27 am

The Jam

^^^^^^^
Posted: Mar 22, 2012 9:58 am

i can understand not every needing to hear Sonic Reducer again

Really?!? I can't.

The Gories

Bingo.

Not a fucking hook to be found

If you don't like their particular hooks, that's fine, but to say they don't have any? The Gories are all hooks!
Posted: Mar 22, 2012 9:59 am

The Clash is the worst band ever.
Posted: Mar 22, 2012 10:02 am

Tommy Trouble loves my balls.
Posted: Mar 22, 2012 10:12 am

bb king & nirvana are both great additions.

idiots in college drove me nuts when nirvana broke. they thought they discovered a new kind of music when they heard nevermind & wouldn't shut up about it.

but it benefited me financially as i continually ordered CDs from BMG under fake names & sold them back to my local record store. every week he was getting new copies of nevermind, soundgarden's badmotorfinger & red hot chili peppers' blood, sugar, sex, magik.

at least bb king was on an episode of sanford & son.
Posted: Mar 22, 2012 10:15 am | Edited by: Mark Beef

you're right, joe...I was meaning more their singular sound which is pretty much all they do so I could see someone getting lost and turning off to it in the same way that someone might turn off to B childish cause of his sound in addition to the plethora of stuff of his. Didn't mean they had the same output.
Posted: Mar 22, 2012 10:38 am

davila

I know right?!?!
Posted: Mar 22, 2012 11:20 am

Bruce
Tommy
Scott
Tommy
Scott
Posted: Mar 22, 2012 11:23 am

davila

I know right?!?!

they're for reeling in 16 year old girls who can potentially turn into cheater slicks customers!
Posted: Mar 22, 2012 11:24 am | Edited by: sixelsix

The Clash is the worst band ever.

I have heard much worse, but London Calling MIGHT be the most overrated album of all time, next to Sgt. Pepper. Can't remember listening to it all the way through even when I was a Clash fan.
Posted: Mar 22, 2012 1:03 pm

Also, Neil Young.
Posted: Mar 22, 2012 1:29 pm

Neil Young ^^ you beat me!
Social Distortion
Guided By Voices
Bob Marley
Neko Case
Dinosaur Jr
Pavement
Elvis Presley

flamin groovies don't get best of sf / world nomination?

Yes. Yes they do!

Big Star > Love overall...
Posted: Mar 22, 2012 2:02 pm

Social Distortion
how could we have forgotten
Posted: Mar 22, 2012 2:12 pm

they're for reeling in 16 year old girls who can potentially turn into cheater slicks customers!

Pretty unlikely... I have met all of 5 females that like the Cheater Slicks. They are like the Personal and Pizza of the '90s.
Posted: Mar 22, 2012 2:30 pm

I think it's amazingly comical when "real" punk rockers who WERE THERE! and are now 45-55 years old are like "you never heard DK until 1994?!" well yeah bro, I was 3 1/2 years old when Plastic Surgery Disasters came out, sorry! You would think that once these people makes babies and are half a century old and can't get their wood up anymore that they would start realizing that music and life revelations can happen to anyone at anytime.

Totally agree.
Posted: Mar 22, 2012 2:32 pm

I was a Clash fan

same here, first single is still awesome, but they're really not much of a big deal after that despite a few more good songs.
Posted: Mar 22, 2012 3:18 pm

Social Distortion

doesn't count. they are just crap. that's like saying ICP is overrated.

They are like the Personal and Pizza of the '90s.

what.
Posted: Mar 22, 2012 3:30 pm

Robert Johnson!
couldn't agree more on this one
Posted: Mar 22, 2012 3:41 pm

Nice! Haven't looked at this since I posted it. 117 replies!

Big Star
Couldn't agree more. Big Star is a slightly weak attempt at the Byrds. Chilton couldn't have tried hard enough to sound like Roger McGuinn. Not saying they were bad but, come on.
Look at this pick... http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-cGbpbH73DYc/TcmNbW7n2lI/AAAAAAAAB9U/aG9pSyug 72E/s1600/CHILTON19701.jpg
Byrds "Untitled" album under his arm.

I'll say it again...SEX PISTOLS
I tore my shirt in half and put it back together with safety pins. ANARCHY! They once played where the Taco Bell is on Union in Memphis! H-O-L-Y S-H-I-T!!

The Band
Hell yes! Should have been on my list. Terrible.

Surprised no mention of the Doors yet. I'll just say this... Jim
Morrison sucks. The Doors as a band were great. All unique players.

i used to think CCR was overrated, but then I stopped being a retard
This is my favorite.
Posted: Mar 22, 2012 4:40 pm

but i'll defend like flies on sherbert til i die.

listening to the Chilton live recordings from hot club Philly 1977...reaffirmation of greatness...they're online if you look for them.
Posted: Mar 22, 2012 5:04 pm

George Clooney
Vandenberg
Broccoli
The New Dodge Charger (mid-life-crisis-mobile of the 2010's)
Polo cologne
Posted: Mar 22, 2012 5:06 pm

nirvana were a game changer for me. i was 13 and lived in the middle of nowhere and it was pre-internet obviously, so i thought rock music was dead. when teen spirit debuted on headbangers ball it was like a revelation.

also:

Posted: Mar 22, 2012 5:14 pm

i posted this thread on facebook and some of my friends got mad at all of you for being pretentious
Posted: Mar 22, 2012 5:18 pm

fuck your friends.
Posted: Mar 22, 2012 5:35 pm

posting this thread elsewhere
facebook
deadcityrebel
deadcityrebel's friends
not being pretensious
Posted: Mar 22, 2012 5:39 pm

i posted this thread on facebook and some of my friends got mad at all of you for being pretentious
Ha! Just the fact that you have a facebook page makes you pretentious.
Posted: Mar 22, 2012 5:55 pm

Check out this Big Star tune...
Posted: Mar 22, 2012 6:25 pm | Edited by: Mark Beef

alot of these I would have said but I thought we weren't typing about commercial stuff but then you did write BS and MJ in the initial post so maybe that tumor is taking it's toll

so with that in mind here are two musical legends that I think are pretty much crap, and the only time I really appreciate their songs is when other people do them

Leonard Cohen
Bob Dylan

i would prefer to have to sit thru a black eyed peas performance before either of them

PS
Vandenberg

c'mon Jack

Posted: Mar 22, 2012 6:32 pm

"most overrated"

Hey Let's Tango
Nerfana
Ramones
AC/DC
Charles Mingus
Grateful Dead
Posted: Mar 22, 2012 6:41 pm

Ha! Just the fact that you have a facebook page makes you pretentious.
i love facebook like i love alex chilton.
Posted: Mar 22, 2012 6:52 pm

AC/DC

whoa whoa whoa! wait a god damn minute!

you're joking, right?
Posted: Mar 22, 2012 7:04 pm

Waaaaaaay too many to list.

Here is one...

...The Misfits.
Posted: Mar 22, 2012 7:26 pm

NIN's popularity had me looking for a good highbridge to go jump off of.
Posted: Mar 22, 2012 7:34 pm

i'll second
Jon Spencer
Pavement

& add the Talking Heads to the list.
Posted: Mar 22, 2012 7:41 pm

i'll second
Jon Spencer

have you ever heard pussy galore?
Posted: Mar 22, 2012 7:44 pm

Posted: Today, 6:32 pm Quote "most overrated"

Ramones

What in the Blue Fuck!!?!?!?!??!?!?!
You probably don't even like Lincoln Logs!
Posted: Mar 22, 2012 7:50 pm

have you ever heard pussy galore?

yep

dial m and that stones tribute are their high points or so i'm told

should've stayed in art school
Posted: Mar 22, 2012 7:57 pm

Social Distortion

Bullshit. How many times have you heard, "Yeah, they blow...but Mommy's Little Monster is a great record."? Someone reading this thread is dying to say it as we speak. I can't even name an ICP record...
Posted: Mar 22, 2012 8:02 pm

Wilco

worst.band.ever.
Posted: Mar 22, 2012 9:11 pm

Social Distortion

Bullshit. How many times have you heard, "Yeah, they blow...but Mommy's Little Monster is a great record."? Someone reading this thread is dying to say it as we speak. I can't even name an ICP record...

miracles is the mommy's litle monster of the juggalo kingdom.
Posted: Mar 22, 2012 9:30 pm | Edited by: bruce

definitely jeff evans, i can't believe he's getting his own day

http://www.goner-records.com/board/index.php?action=vthread&forum=4&to pic=53453
Posted: Mar 22, 2012 10:51 pm

Ramones
AC/DC
Charles Mingus

Three strikes...you're out..

Posted: Mar 22, 2012 11:39 pm

AC/DC

whoa whoa whoa! wait a god damn minute!

you're joking, right?

I totally agree with him. Beside the first single. Most of their songs are too long and Rose Tattoo is much better.
Posted: Mar 22, 2012 11:45 pm

only time I really appreciate their songs is when other people do them
Bob Dylan

every fairport convention cover of a bob dylan song is the jizam.
Posted: Mar 23, 2012 12:02 am

Rose Tattoo is much better.
No way...1st albums great...2nd...I'll go half and half...but Scarred for Life?...Dreck...Juice on the Loose?....Dumb even by Angry's standards...
Slide guitar was a great part of the band...but they ain't AC/DC by a long shot...
Posted: Mar 23, 2012 2:19 am

someone said mingus??? idiot.
Posted: Mar 23, 2012 2:48 am

I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
Aluminum Bats
Tommy's Lincoln Logs (everyone know's what he's talking about, right?)
Cambria font
Lack of enthusiasm for Chilli Mac
Posted: Mar 23, 2012 3:30 am

Rose Tattoo is much better.
No way...1st albums great

there you go, one great album vs one great single...
Posted: Mar 23, 2012 7:40 am | Edited by: greg O

Charlatans(the 60's band) plodding through the same turf other SF bands were trying with even less melodic success. While we're here...
Jefferson Airplane
Still like the Pistols but I have no use for PIL
Chilton solo stuff feels gritty and more revealing of who he really was than anything previous so yeah, big thumbs up for "flies on..'', "high priest" and other fun-loving solo releases. With Big Star and the Box Tops it always felt like he was trying to mold himself to fit something. Not unsuccessfuly either, love some of it.
Janis Joplin- read a big piece on her in VF a while back that was great. Made me appreciate her over the top, desperate persona. The music is still terrible.
By the way, I don't think this is a prententious conversation at all. Hearing what a great record "_______" is followed by the sobbering realization that your $10 isn't coming back, is a memorable occurance for most of us. I see no problem in recounting these personal taste-misfires. It also puts into perpective the unreasonable expectations we sometimes place on someones effort.

Under rated:
Bobby Hebb
Brenton Wood
Ted Taylor(except at goner where he is always fully appreciated)
Sticks McGhee
Rainy Daze(amazingly solid LP. Find the MONO)
Rokker(still fairly unknown and ridiculous Texas punk LP)
Posted: Mar 23, 2012 8:37 am

when we start talking underrated this shit's gonna get super pretentious
Posted: Mar 23, 2012 10:38 am | Edited by: Uptight White

SEX PISTOLS - They sucked. Fashion punk at best.

One of the most disappointing moments of my life was finally listening to "Never Mind the Bollocks, ....". I was expecting aggression and raw power, yet all I heard were re-hashed glam rock guitar licks (with some Chuck Berry thrown in) and calculated agitprop sloganeering.
Posted: Mar 23, 2012 10:48 am

re-hashed glam rock guitar licks (with some Chuck Berry thrown in)

this is really all i want from life - i love the Pistols - but i definitely dont disagree that they are overrated
Posted: Mar 23, 2012 11:14 am

Damn, forgot to mention the Chili Peppers.
And a thousand other bands.
Posted: Mar 23, 2012 11:36 am

now that we've switched to under rated...why don't more people talk about Overnight Lows? They're from MS..I'm from MS...I'm biased...whatever. City of Rotten Eyes is one of my favorite albums of all time. Those guys have their own sound. I understand that we all reside in some weird small subculture of music...but that band should be at the top of our pyramid. Joe T mentioned Thee Oh Sees...not a bad band....but more hype than Overnight Lows?...ridiculous.
Posted: Mar 23, 2012 11:43 am

One of the most disappointing moments of my life was finally listening to "Never Mind the Bollocks, ....". I was expecting

expecting is the best way to be disappointed.
Posted: Mar 23, 2012 11:45 am

Seriously underrated and needs some help:

http://www.scottmorganmusic.com/
Posted: Mar 23, 2012 11:52 am

Seriously underrated and needs some help:

http://www.scottmorganmusic.com/

Agree 100%. Scott is as cool as they come.
Posted: Mar 23, 2012 11:56 am

Charlatans(the 60's band) plodding through the same turf other SF bands were trying with even less melodic success.

But they achieved lack of melodic success first! Surely that must count for something?

The Who - when your magnum opus is basically "what if Helen Keller was really good at pinball?", then you suck.

The danger of using the conventionally accepted benchmark as a measurement of true worth. Just about everything ELSE they did '65-71 was better.
Posted: Mar 23, 2012 12:35 pm

Yes, they were first, or so it is claimed. First to play folk-rock? Not really. First to make Edwardian clothing hip? Maybe. Though I think a tip of the hat to turn of the century clothing had already happened in Europe. So I've never been quite sure what they were first at exactly. It is also claimed that their posters were the first to contain psychadelic art. Hmm...
I've seen some of these alegged psychadelic posters. They just look like Sears and Roebuck catalogs from 1850 or something to me. Groovies cover of "I saw her" or whatever is better than the Charlatans original. It seems to me that they were around when the SF scene was taking off, were likely nice guys and as photos attest they were snazzy dressers. Somehow this string of facts has rewarded them with a very large place in musical history.
Posted: Mar 23, 2012 12:39 pm

Brenton Wood

ROOOOOOOOOLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Mar 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Brenton Wood

ROOOOOOOOOLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fuck Yes! oogum, gimmie some kinda sign...great shit..
Posted: Mar 23, 2012 12:51 pm

i agree with Elvis Costello - and i'll also throw in Nick Cave. i do not get the fucking appeal of that guy

Cave's audience is 99% female. Social Distortion, too. Hate 'em both.

How about most overrated album/movie(SSSSSoooooooooo Bad)/stage production ever? Got my vote.
Posted: Mar 23, 2012 12:52 pm

The danger of using the conventionally accepted benchmark as a measurement of true worth. Just about everything ELSE they did '65-71 was better.

Alright, so that was the snarky answer. Real answer is I just can't find a reason to give a shit. Great rhythm section, granted. But with the child-porn researcher and the Immortal fronting things...who cares? Boring!
There were certainly worse bands in the day...
Jefferson Airplane
...(thank you, Greg.) But there was so much better than the Who....soooo much better. I just don't get why baby boomers want to hoist them up as one of the grand achievements of their generation.
Posted: Mar 23, 2012 1:16 pm

ryan adams
b.r.m.c.
Wilco
Posted: Mar 23, 2012 1:23 pm

Jefferson Airplane
...(thank you, Greg.)

I think they had 3/4 of a great album and then white lined their way to countless music atrocities.
If you can make it all the way through this video, you were probably once a prisoner of war and can take any punishment:

The Hell's Angels should have beat them senseless at Altamont.
Posted: Mar 23, 2012 1:27 pm

Cave's audience is 99% female

Bruce is one of those girls.
Posted: Mar 23, 2012 1:44 pm

Wow, I don't remember that song or video at all. That was really bad. Wow...
Posted: Mar 23, 2012 2:19 pm

Charles Mingus

What? Are you nuts? Mingus Mingus Mingus Mingus Mingus is fucking gold.

Chick Corea though...
Posted: Mar 23, 2012 2:22 pm

Wow, I don't remember that song or video at all. That was really bad. Wow...

Whew....
Posted: Mar 23, 2012 3:10 pm

as far as overrated/worshiped for some stupid reason -- how about all the suburban "blues lovers" who can't get enough of stevie ray vaughn?
Posted: Mar 23, 2012 3:12 pm

gories overrated? do you like the oblivians?

I love the Oblivians/Quintron record...I would say it is one of the best Memphis records of the last 20 years.

I remember a long long time ago someone recommeded I get the "I know you're fine, but how you doin'?" LP to me since I was a big 68 Comeback fan...I went out and got it, was excited by the moray-patterened cover..got it home and was dumbfounded at the mediocrity and non-rockiness of it all.

Actually the Gories/Oblivians show is what cemented my "god these guys suck" opinion. The Oblivians sounded like the Jimi Hendrix Experience compared to the Gories...those bands, although linked together by the "noisy, sleazy, three piece bass-less racket" genre are light years apart IMO.
Posted: Mar 23, 2012 3:16 pm

Most of their songs are too long and Rose Tattoo is much better.

hell naw...Let There Be Rock is in the top ten of greatest rock records ever IMO...In fact, fuck it, it is the greatest rock LP of all time..can't think of a better one...recorded live in the studio, raw, rockin', genius lyrics..what more can you ask for?
Posted: Mar 23, 2012 3:24 pm

What about Zappa..Im sure everybody has heard the phrase from some Zappa-phile.."you just haven't heard the right Zappa LP"
Posted: Mar 23, 2012 3:45 pm

I love the Oblivians/Quintron record...I would say it is one of the best Memphis records of the last 20 years.

same here. i had a friend who was ragging on it many years back, and i said that i like it and he responded something like "yeah its OKAY but compared to the other records that are so much BETTER..."

i am thinking, yeah, right whatever, no point in arguing with you. sounds as good or better than any other oblivians record to me...
Posted: Mar 23, 2012 3:57 pm

The Oblivians sounded like the Jimi Hendrix Experience compared to the Gories..

i can't help but read this as praise of the Gories
Posted: Mar 23, 2012 4:05 pm

The Oblivians sounded like the Jimi Hendrix Experience compared to the Gories..

i can't help but read this as praise of the Gories

well, its not

wanting to listen to the Gories instead Jimi Hendrix is like wanting to be kicked in the nuts instead of being given a hundred dollar bill and a cheeseburger.
Posted: Mar 23, 2012 4:09 pm

Actually the Gories/Oblivians show is what cemented my "god these guys suck" opinion.

to be fair, those were the gories' first two shows after what? 20 years?

and it certainly wasn't helped by the fact mick's voice was so shot from a cold/illness/whatever he literally couldn't sing.

last year's gonerfest appearance was much more satisfying.
Posted: Mar 23, 2012 4:21 pm

Which Hendrix LP has this cheeseburger you speak of?
Posted: Mar 23, 2012 4:25 pm

wanting to listen to the Gories instead Jimi Hendrix is like wanting to be kicked in the nuts instead of being given a hundred dollar bill and a cheeseburger.

dang dude, seriously? You haven't watched that Jefferson Airplane video enough times to know what an aural kick in the nuts really is.

Zappa is for jazzholes that don't like black people.
Posted: Mar 23, 2012 4:28 pm

How many goddam tribute albums to Daniel Johnston are there ?
Posted: Mar 23, 2012 4:35 pm

You haven't watched that Jefferson Airplane video enough times to know what an aural kick in the nuts really is.

oh the the Airplane sucks as well...just sucking in a different decade
Posted: Mar 23, 2012 8:41 pm

U2
Green Day
G n R
Tom Petty
Posted: Mar 23, 2012 9:14 pm

Are Lords of the New Church overrated?

Definitely overrated:
Milk n cookies
Dream Syndicate
Vivian Girls
NRBQ
Venom
Posted: Mar 23, 2012 10:32 pm

I am actually OK with some Airplane (specifically the first three albums) but wow, that video upthread - words cannot express. On the "plus" side, Paul Kantner did develop a nice rack, I guess.
Posted: Mar 24, 2012 1:47 am

Spits
Posted: Mar 24, 2012 5:43 am

eh, I think Venom is just about where they should be. Nobody is calling them really great....but at 12 or 13....that shit was bad ass.
Posted: Mar 24, 2012 5:51 am

I think that the Norwegians have out-sataned Venom and made em look silly. I mean those dudes are burning churches and eating each other.
Posted: Mar 24, 2012 7:00 am

Also, Ted Nugent.
Posted: Mar 24, 2012 7:24 am

Venom is the only band in the world who would have sucked if they had a drummer who wasn't inept. Abaddon was the dude that came up with the image, logo...pretty much everything and his inability to actually play the drums gave Venom their power strangely enough.
Posted: Mar 24, 2012 8:19 am

Are Lords of the New Church overrated?
no, everyone already thinks they suck
Posted: Mar 24, 2012 11:32 am

strokes
black angels
yuck
Posted: Mar 24, 2012 11:32 am

Wings are underrated.
Posted: Mar 24, 2012 12:05 pm | Edited by: greg O

Couldn't agree more about NRBQ. I just don't get it. Love that first Wildweeds 45 on CHESS though. They should have kept minning that genre.
Unlike most people, I have a soft spot for what would amount to an album side worth of Lords Of The New Church.
Post-PTOOF Deviants. That record has it all. Sadly, the following two have almost no exciting moments.
Zappa is the epitome of over rated. A couple of fun moments with the Mothers followed by years of pretentious fusion.
Posted: Mar 24, 2012 12:13 pm

Love that first Wildweeds 45 on CHESS though. They should have kept minning that genre.

You mean "No Good To Cry?" Loopiest white boy R&B vocal ever! (Not Al.)
Posted: Mar 24, 2012 12:48 pm

Weird Al!
Posted: Mar 24, 2012 2:09 pm

Little River Band!
Posted: Mar 24, 2012 4:32 pm

Yeah man, I love "no good to cry"! So you're saying that's not Al singing? Who is it?
Posted: Mar 24, 2012 5:37 pm

ELVIS PRESLEY.

great? sure. the king? no.
Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®