Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / goner message board and terminal boredom crossover
Posted: Feb 29, 2012 6:46 pm

i know ya got erico, bazooka joe, officer brad, bruce, mark beef, and now cole. maybe i'm forgetting someone... anyway, just wondering how many people over here post on or visit termbo messageboards as well.
Posted: Feb 29, 2012 7:10 pm

I just started posting there. I've read it for a long time though. Wesss does both. Useless Eater and Chad from Jeth-Row as well. I prefer the goner board. Here's why I like the Goner board better....a lot of the people who post interact with each other in real life,at least once a year at GF, so most people don't really use an internet "persona". Sam really is a funny dude. Scott really does call everyone gay. It's awesome. I think termbo is great, but the Goner board is a little more "real"....if that makes sense.
Posted: Feb 29, 2012 7:44 pm | Edited by: the New Alienator

Does every thread get
hijacked
by whack nut Dutch knobjobs
over at Termbo?

Pretty certain that
would be the measure of
which is better.

Nu gaan
masterbate
uw gefnuikt komkommer!
Posted: Feb 29, 2012 7:47 pm

that's some poetry right there
Posted: Feb 29, 2012 7:48 pm

I can see your point.....but even that dude, I've kinda gotten to like..........he adds color and he does like cool music......discovered The Hospitals because of him.
Posted: Feb 29, 2012 8:28 pm

Jhawg(neinbunz) is on both
Posted: Feb 29, 2012 8:36 pm

i know ya got erico, bazooka joe, officer brad, bruce, mark beef, and now cole. maybe i'm forgetting someone... anyway, just wondering how many people over here post on or visit termbo messageboards as well.

well i'm quitting terminal boredom now thanks to you. way to spoil me visting another place where no one give s a fuck about what i have to say. maybe i should be thanking you.
Posted: Feb 29, 2012 8:51 pm

I'm not on Termbo, but was involved in starting it.
It sucks like hell since Soriano took over that message board and the musical direction the reviews took also bothered the shit out of me.
Lot of Europeans on there though.
I hope there's a Dutchie there who fucks up every thread but I don't know cause I never read the fucker.

Nu gaan
masterbate
uw gefnuikt komkommer!

Stop using that translation machine. Jesus. Can't you Google?
Again it's hilarious nonsens with no meaning at all. But yeah: poetry it is, considering you drool out your mouth and are missing a chromosome.

A NEW Alienator?
A fake one.

Alienator is dead and hangs with the Goner zombies now.
This new clown is just as exiting as a dogturd served on a plate. Or a dick in a sandwich.

Listen kid: go do your homework or I tell yo' mamma.
Posted: Feb 29, 2012 8:56 pm | Edited by: tigerblinds

I know way more people on the termbo board than this one...seems like every person in my town who knows about good music frequents the termbo board...I havent been on that site in years...no reason other than I don't care for the format...I hate facebook for the same reason. Ever so often I get talked into starting a facebook account and then one day I get so annoyed by the sloppiness of it's layout I delete it. Another thing unlike most people I don't give a fuck about liking good music, I like what I like, but it's not necessarily good by anyones standards but mine...but if any message board has people who will dig it this one does. This website is more in tune to that mindset. NickG you forgot Sambeux for starters.
Posted: Feb 29, 2012 9:08 pm

What's a Sambeux.
A 'real nigger'?
Posted: Feb 29, 2012 9:28 pm

Oh man...Ding you helped start facebook also. Alienator was a fucking concept anyway...it was the idea that a general sense of alienation was the most universal emotion, that anyone could relate to on very profound levels...I'm about as normal now as I was then, only difference is that I'm not dedicated to that singular bit/image anymore. I give even less of a shit now, but I'm not as interested in getting a rise out of people, or continuing in that artistic path, that was Schopenhauer, now I'm more Camus. I'm always flattered and afraid when people remember that shit...I really appreciate that there was an audience for it and that people derived personal meaning from it. There were times when I also worried about the negative influence it had....like with some of the stuff you do an say for instance...ha ha. My twenties was a big wtf for the most part, but pretty damn normal and enjoyable if anything. I indulged myself and my artistic side to much if I made any big mistakes...also I took everything and everyone way to much for granted back then.

So don't give me some shit about about Alienator crap...if you care that much send me money.
Posted: Feb 29, 2012 9:50 pm | Edited by: tigerblinds

I mean the Alienator shit was about as successful as any cassette only releases in the late 90's could have ever been...legendary on here, more for the wack, demented, comments and images than anything but still it was a complete package...if you missed it sorry. My life has been real weird, real weird events have occurred, my artistic output has been real weird...hell maybe it was to many bad psychadelics and to much self abuse, to much politics and haunted houses...but my only regret is that I didn't respect that stuff enough to save it and collect it into a clear and concise package...these are the sort of mistakes I won't make in the future.

I mean those tapes weren't no MOTO or Blue Balls, but I think the Jim Shepard aspects were overly apparent...and there are allot of parallels between the environment I was coming from, an the influences I was naturally drawn to, the desperate midwestern college alcoholism.

I don't know....just don't give me some shit about Alienator being dead dutchie...okay kid?
Posted: Feb 29, 2012 9:57 pm

Also all that shit was throw away...because allot of things are just as well off or better forgotten...So yeah, I don't think the world needs a New Alienator but be my guest...I think I like Sonny Boy Williams ii better than the first one. But do you believe in demons? I don't but that shit will make you wonder it aint my bag anymore.
Posted: Feb 29, 2012 10:02 pm

I'm not "the New Alienator."

And quit saying nigger, retard.
Posted: Feb 29, 2012 10:02 pm

Seriously, I don't believe in demons but that whole mind set is some Aleister Crowley bullshit.....but I don't know, Jon Spencer dug on the later tape, and it made some impact on some other big names....I could really give a shit....none of it really ammounts to jack shit.
Posted: Feb 29, 2012 10:04 pm

'm not "the New Alienator."

For the record, I'm not Ding either....never met the dude, wouldn't really care too.

But he really takes the Alienator shit seriously.
Posted: Feb 29, 2012 10:13 pm

Also something for the new Alienator to consider....I really do own the rights to it...it's registered. So make some money with it...I need some.
Posted: Mar 1, 2012 12:36 am

i know it's billy ward and all, but i was pretty freaked out when this came on a youtube ad before a public enemy song:

Posted: Mar 1, 2012 2:05 am | Edited by: Ding Le Dangle

I didn't read a word of that, TB.
Why don't you take up jogging, for fuck's sake, in stead of fallin for a bit of bait again and again.
You almost make me wanna stop annoying you.
You are the King of Blah.

I only know about the old Alienator because some folks refered to you sometimes. I can't remember you at all from back then, yeah, only that Star Trek name and you bein a professional asshole according to others.

When you came back I started teasin you with that reputation cause you were talking to Beef as Woody Allen in a Gangstermovie, blackmailing Beefstewie with junior high talk, and then you started with all this junior high treats about you coming over to kill me - I'm still waiting, you lazy loser and airhead invention - cause you wanted to impress somebody with something.
No clue who with what.

You're easier than a $5 ho'.
Thanks for playing!
Posted: Mar 1, 2012 2:15 am

And I do miss the pre-Soriano Termbo.
It was great fun in the beginning.
Posted: Mar 1, 2012 5:30 am | Edited by: Mark Beef

only you two retards could fag the shit out of a thread this inconsequential. GO DIE!!!!!!!!!!!! BOTH OF YOU! Trampled by DEE DEE RAMONES WIGS!!!!!
Posted: Mar 1, 2012 8:44 am

well i'm quitting terminal boredom now thanks to you. way to spoil me visting another place where no one give s a fuck about what i have to say. maybe i should be thanking you.

wha?

BLUE BALLS
Posted: Mar 1, 2012 8:47 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

Mark Beef if there is one thing that has been made evident on this messageboard it's that you're a flaming macho closeted homosexual with aspergers.

But I digress...it's true Ding, Alienator hangs in my closet like Spiderman's Spawn costume...thanks for remembering, now get a life.
Posted: Mar 1, 2012 8:48 am

Yeah Blue Balls, that shit rulezzzz.
Posted: Mar 1, 2012 9:09 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

Spiderman's Venom costume not Spawn, sorry dudes.
Posted: Mar 1, 2012 9:13 am

Posted: Mar 1, 2012 10:06 am

now get a life

I already had one, so no thanks.
I never watch a movie twice, no matter how good it is.
Posted: Mar 1, 2012 10:17 am

i'll post about an SS show sometimes on TB or like the MS benefit, but the entire time i'm typing i'm thinking, "no one here fucking cares about this"

i guess same could be said about here!

i don't look at TB much though anymore. my favorite thread, Hillside Wrangler takes, has gone to the wayside
Posted: Mar 1, 2012 12:59 pm

I still post on TB and also here very rarely. I'm Swampy.
Posted: Mar 1, 2012 1:31 pm

you sure are.
Posted: Mar 1, 2012 1:50 pm

i like to keep up with the Blank Dogs preorder thread
Posted: Mar 1, 2012 2:04 pm

der hey!
Posted: Mar 1, 2012 2:36 pm

two termbo booty threads in the "pop punk" section A+++
Posted: Mar 1, 2012 2:49 pm

i like to keep up with the Blank Dogs preorder thread

hours slip away reading that thing....
Posted: Mar 1, 2012 3:54 pm

Tina's Party blog seems to have slowed down. I wonder why that is?
Posted: Mar 1, 2012 6:59 pm

i post there but not often. i get kind of annoyed with the weird collector/ebay stuff over there - just not my thing. i do find it's a good resource for new records coming out and upcoming tour schedules, though.
Posted: Mar 1, 2012 7:10 pm

klyam #1
Posted: Mar 1, 2012 7:52 pm

I still post on TB and also here very rarely. I'm Swampy.

shit, i knew that! how could i forget you, buddy!?
Posted: Mar 1, 2012 8:27 pm

NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER!!!!
Posted: Mar 1, 2012 8:28 pm

i do find it's a good resource for Spague Dawley.
Posted: Mar 2, 2012 5:14 am

only you two retards could fag the shit out of a thread this inconsequential. GO DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no way NOT to gay up a thread about Termbo.
You ought to know.
Fagnit.
Posted: Mar 2, 2012 2:03 pm

I lurk 'em both. I like 'em both. They're useful and informative in their own ways,though my heart's more in Goner because of the many friends that run and/or post here,as well as the previously mentioned Collector/eBay deal not being my thing.

I do know all too well about a Plastic Bag Baby meltdown from first hand experience,unfortunately,which is why i don't post on Message Boards much anymore.
Posted: Mar 3, 2012 4:29 am

Enjoy both.
Posted: Mar 3, 2012 10:41 pm

I've only glanced at Termbo a few times EVER...Goner is the only message board I've ever posted on, and I resisted it for a couple of years just lurking...I was late to MySpace and Facebook too. Had this notion that it was all like the old school "chat room", and was only for very lonely people who need attention but don't want to be seen. Now I get it, but just don't need to get sucked in to anymore time wasting horseshit..
Posted: Mar 3, 2012 10:46 pm | Edited by: Cole

I, on the other hand, need more time wasting horseshit. Gets my mind off the important shit. We haven't had an epic thread in awhile.....I don't know...the Nanne remix was pretty freaking awesome.
Posted: Mar 4, 2012 10:58 am

i partied with real humans last night. i almost like it here better. i get less bruises anyway.
Posted: Mar 4, 2012 11:51 am

Terminal Boredom has too many dudes in their late 20s or 30s who call people fags, say "_____ is so gay," etc...and I'm writing this not even from a pro-gay perspective, but just to emphasize that there's a kind of middle school mentality across the board. Plus, as soon as a band gets any kind of recognition from the indie scene, everyone drops them and acts like they never liked them in the first place...I see less of that here on Goner.
Posted: Mar 4, 2012 12:58 pm

HM, INTERESTING - DIDN'T KNOW THAT THAT WAS THE MOOD OVER THERE THESE DAYS,
KINDA SICK CAUSE THEY STARTED WITH ALL THAT INDIE SHIT IN THE REVIEWSECTION AS LONG AS IT WAS NOT TOO WELL KNOWN.

SPITTING ON WISCONSIN BANDS WAS ALSO A HOBBY OF ONE OF 'M BECAUSE OF HIS 'FUNNY' HIDDEN AGENDA.

REALLY, I MISS THE OLD TB. IT COULD HAVE BEEN THE BEST.
HELL, IT WAS THE BEST FOR A WHILE!

(Sorry for the big letters, can't find the right pair of glasses.)
Posted: Mar 5, 2012 8:41 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

Who cares?..We're all 10 or 15 years older now, Goner is still alive and kicking. Real journalism is just about dead, the music industry is just about dead, everything is treated less like a rad pastime and more like a potential commodity or investment that needs to be protected from other prospectors. People are battling over chump change. But it's not all doom and gloom, times are just changing. Alot of us have always been social drop outs and always will be, hunker down and ride the wave. I like Goner board the best and don't give a shit about other forums.
Posted: Mar 5, 2012 9:05 am

Terminal Boredom has too many dudes in their late 20s or 30s who call people fags, say "_____ is so gay," etc...

I see less of that here on Goner.

really fag?

:D
Posted: Mar 10, 2012 11:19 pm

i get kind of annoyed with the weird collector/ebay stuff over there - just not my thing.

I have been reading Termbo for awhile and kind of caught the fever for a second. I bought some records....an old Crass record....a Suicidal Commandos record from 76...an old Black Flag.....2 of these records were described as never been played...I hate collecting...I look at these records all the time and can't bring myself to play them....it's fucked up. I sometimes see that clear Ty Rex go for 60-100 bucks and I'm so glad I just played the fuck out of it as soon as i got it home. I don't want to look at records and worry about what their worth,
Posted: Mar 10, 2012 11:28 pm

now you're getting it, cole
Posted: Mar 10, 2012 11:35 pm

now you're getting it, cole

Yeah, I think i am...I wrote that post, thought about it for a second, and went and busted that Crass records cherry....it was great for both of us.
Posted: Mar 14, 2012 12:38 pm

Terminal Boredom has too many dudes in their late 20s or 30s who call people fags, say "_____ is so gay," etc...

really fag?

Everyone has knowingly admitted to being gay just by posting on this message board. That's just common knowledge.
Posted: Mar 14, 2012 5:28 pm

it's fucked up. I sometimes see that clear Ty Rex go for 60-100 bucks and I'm so glad I just played the fuck out of it as soon as i got it home. I don't want to look at records and worry about what their worth,

none of this stuff is worth shit. if it's a good record, it's a good record - if it's a lousy record, it's a lousy record. this phony economy of how much new records are "worth" is fucking stupid. just a bunch of greedy vultures waiting for a pressing to sell out so they can put some completely fucking inflated & arbitrary price tag on it on ebay. and those same dumdums will complain nonstop about how shitty the major music industry is.
Posted: Mar 14, 2012 5:32 pm

fucking stupid

yep
Posted: Mar 15, 2012 2:38 am

fucking
Posted: Mar 15, 2012 8:23 am

I agree with you chiXpo...but one thing to consider is that the collector's market exists in relation to the industry and the industry is pretty much dead from what I can see. So collecting is more of a vanity thing now than ever before, and some people can justify paying hundred bucks for a record...mostly gross novices but that's besides the point.

I don't know, for the past 10 years bands could have some industry success if they pandered to extremely young and old fans...those are the people who are still majorly influenced by corporate marketing. Those people aren't realy serious music fans however generaly speaking...the industry neutred itself, it wasn't MP3's that killed them. They went for the quick buck as you would expect shit heads too.
Posted: Mar 15, 2012 1:42 pm

i get what you're saying, but what i'm talking about isn't (necessarily) a function or malfunction of the music industry, as i see it - it's not the bands, and it's not the labels, and it's not record shops (for the most part) doing this, it's a marginal portion of the record buying public who buy multiple copies of releases to keep them off the market long enough to be able to flip them for 2, 3, 10 times what the record actually cost. total bullshit. you're right about the collectors' vanity. that's why they add the words nobunny, hozac, kbd, termbo... in every fucking ebay listing - collector bait.
i mean, shit like this - this record is [u]still [/u]on sale for $5 or $6 from any dist (including Goner):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PORTLAND-MUTANT-PARTY-W-MEAN-JEANS-MORE-nobunn y-hozac-reatard-shannon-pizzas-/320830476740?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=it em4ab2fc91c4#ht_500wt_922

dumb.
Posted: Mar 15, 2012 2:27 pm | Edited by: tigerblinds

Yeah you're totally right, I'll wait 10 years from now to get them for 99 cents.
Posted: Mar 16, 2012 12:14 pm

really fag?

Everyone has knowingly admitted to being gay just by posting on this message board. That's just common knowledge.

even garage rock fags (the real, dick sucking kind) don't mind the terminology. is record shop asshole the same politically correct dude that complained about the "racist" windian pow wow poster?

http://www.buttmagazine.com/club/mixtapes/la-cock-rock/
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®