Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / new Oblivians album
Posted: Feb 8, 2012 5:05 pm

First in 15 years! ... 1997 was 15 years ago???
Posted: Feb 8, 2012 5:14 pm

Just heard about this ... awesome!
Posted: Feb 8, 2012 5:38 pm

wow, one of my all time favorite bands, making a new record after 15 years???? seriously awesome news!!!!!!
Posted: Feb 8, 2012 5:55 pm

WOW. Really excited about this....
Posted: Feb 8, 2012 5:59 pm

Undercover of night included?
Posted: Feb 8, 2012 6:07 pm

yeah! new D'lana n00dz!
Posted: Feb 8, 2012 6:16 pm

1997 was 15 years ago???
Tell me about it. Yikes!
Posted: Feb 8, 2012 8:01 pm

o dear
Posted: Feb 8, 2012 8:06 pm

any downers?
any mumblers, any stumblers anyone?
Posted: Feb 8, 2012 8:31 pm

Oblivians Unplugged!
Posted: Feb 8, 2012 8:51 pm

Eric, I meant to tell you it's cool if you borrow my bass for the recording session. They input is a little tricky but if you duct tape it you can get it to play clean with minimal hum.
Posted: Feb 8, 2012 9:01 pm

blasphemy!!! bass, on an oblivians record????????
Posted: Feb 8, 2012 11:03 pm

I think he's going to play it with a pick if that's any consolation.
Posted: Feb 8, 2012 11:09 pm

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Feb 8, 2012 11:10 pm

actually i always considered eric the bass player anyways so it wouldnt bother me.
Posted: Feb 9, 2012 4:54 am

hed nayden is gay
Posted: Feb 9, 2012 8:14 am

cough cough, new tsot on black gladiator cough cough (?????)

and HUGE congrats to de 'blivs and in the red, too. right now my wife is the only one of us with an oblivians rec on itr. i can't even steal it cuz greg autographed it to her.
Posted: Feb 9, 2012 9:15 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

Wow...this is the best news so far this year. It wouldn't matter to me if they had keyboards....what would rule is if Jim Diamond was playing keyboards and engineering it.

I always use pick on bass, hate the finger sound...but I was making my own picks out of popsicle sticks, but now I buy wooden picks....I also made a new wooden pickguard for my bass, I cut it out with a box cutter.
If Oblivians adopted a power trio format it would rock my world.

Kudos!
Posted: Feb 9, 2012 9:19 am

made my day
Posted: Feb 9, 2012 11:03 am

so did the hed nayden band come on here talking all kinds of mess or what?
Posted: Feb 9, 2012 11:26 am

i heard the album is coming out next month. true?
Posted: Feb 9, 2012 12:34 pm

Play 9 Songs with Lady Gaga
Posted: Feb 9, 2012 12:56 pm

turns out it was a hoax. itr is signing a similarly named band:

Posted: Feb 9, 2012 4:51 pm

It'd be great if there was one song with all "Ed Vs. Ned" Goner board bickering as it's lyrical content ...

Board-waterin'
Posted: Feb 9, 2012 8:31 pm

I guess Quintron is the obvious keyboards, but I'd just like to hear some Bantam Rooster flava on an Oblivians record. Like Mexican Leather 7Inch Soul Food or something...that's what I had in mind this morning. raunch.
Posted: Feb 9, 2012 8:49 pm

I'd just like to hear some Bantam Rooster flava on an Oblivians record

i tnihk they got enough flava on their own.
Posted: Feb 9, 2012 8:59 pm

Exactly...don't need to add a goddamn thing...
Posted: Feb 9, 2012 10:58 pm

Please no organ!!!!!!! Please!!!!!
Posted: Feb 9, 2012 11:56 pm

they ended that way. the first time i mean, and 'twas a fine result indeed. but yeah, i need to hear at least two songs of "and then i fucked her, "three songs of "i ain't no sicko, at least one "clones," at least one "strong come on" ramones punk blast that outdoes "strong come on" (sounds like i'm talking about an even more advanced TSOT album), no gospel tracks though unless i can't tell it's a gospel track, one 6 minute-plus janis joplin thang (she's the token gospel act- always convincing) with like a bit of deep purple proto-prog metal. i know it creeps in here and there on all the previous 'blivs records, but yeah, quintron remixing it on like a three lp lego play-me-disc is probably the logical next step.
Posted: Feb 10, 2012 12:21 am

I say Sister Rosetta meets Grand Funk Railroad..with Steve Winwoods colonoscopy miked...through a Flange pedal....
Posted: Feb 10, 2012 12:24 am

Yeah, I'm playing triangle on a couple of tracks, Dog Police cover.
Ha ha me me's a joking man, Go Oblivians!
Posted: Feb 10, 2012 12:36 am | Edited by: bazooka joe

for my 25,000th post, i'd like to tell tell dutch hercules and matto that they totally fagged up my way bitchin' production job of the new oblicins album. you guys suck:

http://www.goner-records.com/board/index.php?action=userinfo&user=6
Posted: Feb 10, 2012 8:31 am

Jesus Christ! I just hope all of your predictions are wrong.
Posted: Feb 10, 2012 8:33 am

robot blues!
Posted: Feb 10, 2012 8:43 am

Maybe they will record a follow up to "Nigger Rich" with "Faggot Drunk".
Posted: Feb 10, 2012 9:32 am

Maybe they will record a follow up to "Nigger Rich" with "Faggot Drunk".

Jesus Christ! I just hope all of your predictions are wrong except this one.
Posted: Feb 10, 2012 9:35 am

you bes' not be looking at me, samiam.
Posted: Feb 10, 2012 10:14 am

Or RETARD STRONG
Posted: Feb 10, 2012 2:36 pm

who's that, nolans down syndrome brother???
Posted: Feb 10, 2012 3:55 pm

i want an oblivians gruuuunge album! with a cover of the ramones' "strength to endure."

http://www.wikihow.com/Write-a-Grunge-Song
Posted: Feb 11, 2012 5:08 pm

Hopefully a tiny tour to promote newest LP!!???
Posted: Feb 12, 2012 3:24 am | Edited by: the rape ape

tiny RAPE!!!
Posted: Feb 13, 2012 3:38 am

I told Greg's(HOMOSEXUAL) friend,to tell him, to do all 90's KISS covers.
I LOVE KISS!!!!!!!!

I LOVE SONGS ABOUT BIG PENISES!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Feb 13, 2012 4:19 am

thats awesome, but let me talk to my bro about it
he knows all about cool stories...
Posted: Feb 13, 2012 8:34 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

Man damn it...you putzes.....Howlin Wolf and Muddy Waters just got better with age....The Oblivians didn't play stupid ass pop music for the kids....sure Son House was a crappy old alcoholic, but who cares, that was better than no Son House at all.

...and yeah, as far as getting a Ghetto Recorders Oblivians album, yeah they got plenty of flava on their own, but I want to hear the raddest fucking album ever that shoulda been.
Posted: Feb 13, 2012 8:36 am

Yeah, Quintron Remix...I like the sound of that.
Posted: Feb 13, 2012 8:37 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

The kids don't know shit...the world needs all of you to get off your lazy, self loathing asses.
Posted: Feb 13, 2012 8:43 am

...and actually, since we're on the topic, "And then I fucked her" makes alot more sense coming from cool and weathered street wise dudes...
Posted: Feb 13, 2012 10:50 am

Where is everybody hearing about this? I can't find any news anywhere. I don't do the Twitter or Facebook so I guess I miss a lot of news...
Posted: Feb 13, 2012 10:59 am

Facebook.
Posted: Feb 13, 2012 1:15 pm

The kids don't know shit

shut up kid,
go fuck a dog
Posted: Feb 13, 2012 1:22 pm | Edited by: tigerblinds

dumb, bitter, and perverted is no way to go threw life dutchie.
Posted: Feb 13, 2012 2:22 pm

it's working out ok for me.
Posted: Feb 13, 2012 3:28 pm | Edited by: tigerblinds

Yeah, except you've been laid in a decade.
Posted: Feb 14, 2012 2:14 am

By his grandpa?
Posted: Feb 14, 2012 2:15 am

Enjoying it?
Posted: Feb 14, 2012 2:16 am

No.
Not Joe.
He may be a tool, but not in the TB family tradition way.
Posted: Feb 14, 2012 7:30 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

Hey stupid! Everyone knows I fuck your mom. She says you still wet the bed.
Posted: Feb 15, 2012 6:04 am

I fuck your mom.

A smart, bitter, perverted guy I know would say: 'Enjoy!'

Silly boy.
Posted: Feb 15, 2012 7:59 am

Oh yeah, I forgot your username was a reference to your mangina. I don't know why I thought a guy who had his penis removed and the skin streched and tucked into a vagina shape would be offended by me talking about fucking his mom...I realy must be a silly boy.
Posted: Feb 15, 2012 8:02 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

Let me translate for you, "Ding - to put a dent in" "Dangle is obscure slang for a dangling penis."

But I know other "he/she/its" with fake vages like you that don't say half the stupid shit you post. Yr just dumb.
Posted: Feb 15, 2012 10:38 am

God, you stupid turd don't even know what playin Dingle Dangle Dingle means?
And you just found out about Dingeling?

I spent two years using that alias and nobody found me out, sounding foreign, maybe, but if I put some afford in it I fool the lot of you.
I just don't care anymore if I write it down all wrong. I always am a few seconds here, so fuck your peasantdialect. I don't care.
You dilweeds don't either, and you,TB, are simply too fucked in the head to even understand a dogtrainer.
You are Living Proof Of A Non Existing Language - you can't read your own tweeked dialect, and you can't write it.
Above another example: nr 200 in one month or so.

You must be an experimenty by your government that went very, VERY wrong.

But I enjoy your stupidity. It's already a Goner-legend in my book. Asshole comes back to message board as a desperate social life seeker and licks assholes all the time.
You're fake.
And you're a flake.

Silly boy.
Posted: Feb 15, 2012 10:51 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

God, you stupid turd don't even know what playin Dingle Dangle Dingle means?

Uh take this shit to the NAMBLA website buddy.

and licks assholes all the time.

and this too.
Posted: Feb 15, 2012 12:10 pm

No, you asked me to join you there before.
Stop hitting on me, cath boy.
Since you're a dwarf who claims to have a super schlung, I'm sure you can blow yourself.
The way you post is kinda symbolic.

and about DLD:
I know in your family they still call it 'pick up sticks'.
Get this kid: it aint.
Posted: Feb 15, 2012 1:16 pm

get a room! a big one, so we can all pogo to the new oblivians record!
Posted: Feb 15, 2012 1:22 pm

Yeah lets get a room...I'll bring the bleach, latex gloves, shoe covers, and a scalpel.
Posted: Feb 15, 2012 1:25 pm

get a room! a big one, so we can all pogo to the new oblivians record!

PARTY!!!
Posted: Feb 15, 2012 1:47 pm

I'll bring the bourbon and some Dutch superdope!
Posted: Feb 15, 2012 1:57 pm | Edited by: tigerblinds

Yes....sounds good.
Posted: Feb 15, 2012 10:23 pm

It really is cool......I thought I jumped into the scene a little late....nope,some of the heavy hitters are still goin' at it.
Posted: Feb 15, 2012 11:13 pm

the good thing is that there's always heavy hitters around.
Posted: Feb 16, 2012 10:35 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

Exactly...the "scene" will never die unless you let it die in your heart. Cheesy but true. Eat alot of garlic bread to keep away vampires.
Posted: Feb 16, 2012 11:52 am

The internet has impacted things in a realy weird way though...but you can't say it's bad because it's the natural evolution of mankind on some levels...the internet is like social quantum theory almost, you can be at two places at once in another dimension, albeit a socialy constructed one. I can do my mundane dead end job very well and still focus on rocknroll to a degree.

But I do think fans and artists were way more extreme in their convictions back before the internet, because it was so hard to track down and get access to alot of this stuff. Bootlegs or video tapes of shows were treated like gold when I was a kid because they were so hard to come by, now it's free to all online. It was alot more fun trading mix tapes that's for sure, now you just tell someone to google any band they haven't heard of. Also there is so much access to info now, everything we post on this messageboard is for the worlds eyes....this forum is a far cry from a friendly, private, phone call to a colleague or ally, and in that regard the trading of this information can easily become cold and impersonal and it does start to seem trivial...but still the information is easily had for better or worse.

I think that before the internet, it was alot easier to define social movements and trends in culture and art, now everything is blurred and mixed together, plus people are living way longer and healthier lives compared to just 30 years ago. So you have more time to 'get involved,' 'make waves,' 'build your collection,' 'find what has significance to you and people like you and latch on to it, keep it alive...in that regard you almost have to be willing to make even more of a commitment than before. don't expect for an anthology to come out, unless it's going to be you putting it out, don't expect alot of social validation. The only real measurable kind of validation today is if you're getting paid, and that may help feed you and put clothes on your back, but in the grand scheme of things it doesn't mean alot, if anything it gives you a distorted view of things that have personal meaning to you. I think it's very fascinating that alot of contemporary people who have made it in the past 15 years since the internet realy took off, did it by referencing all the cool culture that most people never heard about before the internet...but that's not a bottomless well, ha ha, and vampires need fresh blood.
Posted: Feb 16, 2012 2:20 pm

In summation, nowadays you gotta work harder for less rewards just the same as everything else. Creating a nice lifestyle not hinged on cliches and dumb status symbols is the goal. Music culture today isn't a youth movement for kids with disposable income like it was for babyboomers...the idiot babyboomers even have so much regard for themselves that they made a Rocknroll museum...What the real music culture is, is an emotional cushion and lighthouse in the fog for a bored, downtrodden, population. One's age has nothing to do with it, especially the artists age...if you had the chance to see Woody Guthrie would it realy matter how old he was? Todays music serves the same purpose as hillbilly did for the coal miners, blues did for the cottonpickers, and jazz did for the French Resistance... Don't let the 'walking corpses' suck your blood.
Posted: Feb 16, 2012 3:14 pm

too long, didnt read
:)
Posted: Feb 16, 2012 3:19 pm

New Oblivians album liner notes by tigerblinds and dingle dangle.
Posted: Feb 17, 2012 1:21 am

Donkey, is there a thread that Nanne can't ruin?
Posted: Feb 17, 2012 2:24 am | Edited by: Ding Le Dangle

hey dildo, since I have some time to kill, here you go:

I said I 'd bring the booze and the dope.
If that ruins a thread for you, you're a republican too. Pussy.

"Moderatoooor, sammy is stalking me in a BORING way!"
That aint allowed, is it?

You're such a coward, Bo Bo, that you blame me for TB's short novels because you know I can't kick your ass for real - ocean and all - and he can.

Man o man, bein in that band really gave you thee ego-transplantation you think you needed, didn't it?
Reborn As A Tough Guy.
Who only barks at the moon and other made up enemies thousands of miles away, so you'll stay UNTOUCHABLE. And you still keep that empty jar under the bed for your nightmare pee. Goin to the bathroom in the middle of the night? Ha! No way! You know your black metal and Scary Movies.

It's just.... you're still always boring, kid.
Always.

Well: enough response.
I hope you dig it.
You'll may have to chew on it for a while.
So even your spitting will be redundant.
Cowboy!
Posted: Feb 17, 2012 4:14 am

Anyone know the lyrics to "Bad Man" in Spanish?
Posted: Feb 17, 2012 4:24 am

All Spanish footballplayers do.
Posted: Feb 17, 2012 4:26 am

Even the 'foreigners' in the group.
Posted: Feb 17, 2012 4:28 am

New Oblivians album liner notes by tigerblinds and dingle dangle.

I'm in!
Don't think the Oblidi Oblidada's are though...
Posted: Feb 17, 2012 10:12 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

Sometimes I get inspired...and I like to channel Walt Whitman or Vincent Price...I'm trying to help Ding learn English.

Ding, are you the one doing jumping jacks in this video?

Posted: Feb 17, 2012 10:18 am

Posted: Feb 17, 2012 12:09 pm

good point
you couldn't write liner notes without channeling your favorite hippie, cause you don't know american yourself.

I already wrote liner notes, once for a solorecord from one of The Last Poets; he liked what I wrote. In a terrible dialect of course, but some said that it was 'American'.

I'll do it on my own.

Silly boy.
You just made something very, VERY clear to me.
You are even a bigger coward than Bo Bo, with your 'status back panic'; jeez dude, get it through your head: YOU ARE AN OFFICIAL GONER BOARD PUSSY EVER SINCE YOU CAME BACK.

And you can't blame that on your traqgic childhood or your acid brain.
It's a choice you make every freakin post.
Military family?
God, you must hate them.
And to think they all hate you even more.
I'm sorry man.
Life's a bitch, except, yours - on top of everything else - came without a cunt.
Boo hoo hoo.

Now wipe your tears and go fuck your pizza, you poor lonely boy you.

O yeah:
Oblivians.

Jez sayin.
Posted: Feb 17, 2012 12:49 pm | Edited by: tigerblinds

I would just reuse the liner notes from Popular Favorites, you can't beat perfection.

Nanne, you're weird.
Posted: Feb 17, 2012 1:03 pm | Edited by: tigerblinds

Also, man my life has been charmed as hell....I was spoiled by friends and family, I had to see shrinks for that. So you are kind of barking up the wrong tree. Also, seeing as I was a nomad and a perpetual new kid, I was always sure to give out false leads to see who was gunning for me.

There's a million fucking things you could be criticizing me for right now, but news flash motherfucker, these are all the half truths I put out there myself dumbass.

I would go home and fuck a pizza if I didn't have way cool super fun plans tonight....so get of my cloud you distant soul vampire.
Posted: Feb 17, 2012 1:41 pm

Also, man my life has been charmed as hell....I was spoiled by friends and family, I had to see shrinks for that. So you are kind of barking up the wrong tree.

I rest my case.
Posted: Feb 17, 2012 1:55 pm | Edited by: tigerblinds

I mean my problems have always been everyone's problems....emotional isolation, nihilism, boredom, free floating anxiety, coming to terms with your personal 'self' in a demoralizing superficial corrupt brutal trivial canibalistic evolving society.

The thing you don't understand is that I'm a fucking bonafide artist... Any idiot that has ever competed with me is "retired"....they never accomplished shit, and to be honest I don't expect to accomplish shit, but the fact is that I thrived and am gonna keep thriving....how do you retire from jack shit? I confronted the human condition early on, and I got all the superficial childish expectations out of my system...I'm in my element sitting pretty now, it aint easy...but all you do, Nanne, is give me good reason to flaunt my peacock feathers.

I'm not dissing you're artistic output, but you can't beat me down, I'm 100% self reliant, and my ego has always come from the special, loving, nurturing relationships I have always maintained with people. If you aren't one of those people, or even worse have no clue what I'm talking about, tough fucking luck, I'd pitty you if I could give a shit.

If I ever do fuck a pizza I'll be sure to video tape it and post it here.
Posted: Feb 17, 2012 1:59 pm

If I ever do fuck a pizza I'll be sure to video tape it and post it here.

It's a good motif.
Posted: Feb 17, 2012 6:22 pm

distant soul vampires = great band name
Posted: Feb 17, 2012 9:41 pm

We will call the album "long distance psychic enemies" and each of you will write something about each other short enough to fit in the vinyl traill-off of either side. Sorry I broke the rule by posting on this thread. I couldn't resist.
Posted: Feb 18, 2012 4:52 am

Ha,
allright!!!!
O, since TB uses my real name, I want his real name too,
otherwise no go.

By the way Greg,
Remember that record Alan Vega did with Alex Chilton and Ben Vaughn?
Listened to it again.

A variation on this experiment could rule, would rule, and would most certainly be better than the one mentioned above.(Not that that one sucks.)

Just a less weird thought than usual, I think...
Posted: Feb 18, 2012 4:54 am

Is TB an artist? Did I miss something?
Seriously. What kinda?

Hey TB, what can you do that's art and fantastic?
Posted: Feb 18, 2012 4:56 am

distant soul vampires = great band name

yeah
Posted: Feb 18, 2012 5:25 am

I'm not dissing you're artistic output, but you can't beat me down, I'm 100% self reliant, and my ego has always come from the special, loving, nurturing relationships I have always maintained with people. If you aren't one of those people, or even worse have no clue what I'm talking about, tough fucking luck,

serious: you cannot 'keep tryin', never accomplish anything, and grow those kinda feathers. You might think so, but it's just a ponytail hangin out your asshole.

You don't know anything about my artistic output.

O yeah, I happen to know a lot about these too: special, loving, nurturing relationships .
A Lot.
More than you I'm sure.
I love that game!
Posted: Feb 18, 2012 6:49 am

the news hits Columbus!... http://www.donewaiting.com/
Posted: Feb 18, 2012 12:11 pm

o, by the way,

Since this is probably the biggest chance I'll ever get to play with the Oblivians and I don't wanna fuck it up, I hope it does not matter that I really can't see TB as an enemy, but only as a Goner Message Board Amusement Park Attraction, as I explained before.

I hope that's okay.
Posted: Feb 18, 2012 1:29 pm

never saw a photo of larry hardy before. i had an image of what he would look like in my mind, but now that i've seen him for real i can't remember it.

i bet nanne and alienator would get along super-well in real life. i hope they never meet.
Posted: Feb 18, 2012 10:42 pm

OMG!
Posted: Feb 19, 2012 3:26 am

they need to do some KISS covers
Posted: Feb 20, 2012 10:24 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

Ding you're talking about Cubist Blues you tart...
Posted: Feb 20, 2012 10:27 am

I'll ever get to play with the Oblivians and I don't wanna fuck it up, I hope it does not matter that I really can't see TB as an enemy, but only as a Goner Message Board Amusement Park Attraction, as I explained before.

Also I'm glad your deriving a personal sense of validation by targeting me on this message board...anyone who reads it regularly knows that you seldom post shit that doesn't reference me.....like I said you're a fucking soul sucking vampire leach.
Posted: Feb 20, 2012 10:28 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

I'm on strike...I'm gonna ignore you like everyone else now Nanne.
Posted: Feb 20, 2012 10:39 am | Edited by: Ding Le Dangle

Ding you're talking about Cubist Blues you tart

Any logic in this sentence?
Any idea what I am refering to,while answering Greg?
Are you Greg?
No.
Did you read the posts you are attacking?
No.

Does talking about Cubist Blues in general make you a tart? Then you are one too.

Or did you just scream that out so everybody here would think you are HIP? Knowing that titel? After googling it?
Yes.

Tigerblinds Is The King Of The Plookers!
Posts while jerking off, and watching his dick instead of the board.
Acid Victim Magic!
Posted: Feb 20, 2012 11:00 am

anyone who reads it regularly knows that you seldom post shit that doesn't reference me.....like I said you're a fucking soul sucking vampire leach.

Yes I am.
And this is CNN.

but don't flatter yourself now

1. Nedweena isn't here.
2. Just stop reacting on everything I post and I bet I'll never respond to your hardcore and hard-earned stupidity again.
(Except if it's about 'music' of course!!)
Posted: Feb 20, 2012 11:17 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

I got a good band name it's Tire Iron and that's what I'm going to beat you with one day.
Posted: Feb 20, 2012 11:54 am

aaah, that's cute
go for it kid!
Posted: Feb 20, 2012 1:34 pm

i like taco bell.
Posted: Feb 20, 2012 1:47 pm

of course you do
Posted: Feb 20, 2012 2:31 pm

i hate taco bell.

hmm...wish i had some right now.
Posted: Feb 21, 2012 9:32 am

two seven layer burritos are 5.50...it's the guac. Besides that, it still contains your daily allowance of sodium in just one burrito.

I can't believe I eat that shit.
Posted: Feb 24, 2012 11:29 pm | Edited by: dutch hercules

"On second thought, let's not go to The Netherlands, tis a silly place."
-King Arthur.
Posted: Feb 25, 2012 1:57 am

"After me comes the flood." King Louie thee XV

I usually say that to my toilet bowl about five hours after I've eaten at Taco Bell.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®