Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Classic NES Games
Posted: Jan 19, 2012 11:10 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

I got an emulator on my cell phone, I've downloaded shit tons. Metal Storm, Bionic Commando, Super Dodge Ball...playing with a touchpad similar to the original Nintendo f-in rulez. The great thing about Nintendo is the incredible ammount of games...I had Nintendo Power and some of the game magazine predating it. But I'm still not familiar with half of them....what are some more good ones? I just got Mad Max and Spy vs. Spy.
Posted: Jan 19, 2012 12:04 pm

Cobra Triangle
Posted: Jan 19, 2012 1:19 pm

Sweet..Spy Hunter style. I been playing the hell out of Lode Runner...that was my favorite game for Apple IIC when I was real young.
Posted: Jan 20, 2012 12:27 am

I'm glad you mentioned Metal Storm as it is one of my all-time favourite games. Super Dodge Ball is also a great title and if you enjoy it I'd also suggest playing River City Ransom, which is another entry in the Kunio-kun series developed by Technos. There are many other sports-related games in that series including soccer, hockey, and basketball. From the selections you've mentioned I'll assume that you like games where you can blow things up - if that's the case you might be interested by Abarenbou Tengu, the localized version was named Zombie Nation. There are slight differences between versions - it's up to you if you'd rather play as a disembodied samurai head (Zombie Nation) or a disembodied tengu head - either way you get to spit projectiles at buildings and helicopters and in Abarenbou Tengu you even get to take on the Statue of Liberty.
Summer Carnival '92 Recca is probably the best shoot-em-up for the console - it's definetly the fastest and it has the wildest hardcore acid-techno soundtrack of any game from its era. Uchuu Keibitai SDF, Crisis Force, Over Horizon, and Gun Nac are also top notch shooters.
Based on the selections you mentioned I also feel compelled to recommend Little Samson, Gimmick, Shatterhand, Kage, and Gun Dec to you. If you're more inclined to play a puzzle game - Fire 'n Ice and Dr. Mario are the two best titles for the console.
Posted: Jan 20, 2012 3:08 am

paperboy
pinbot
pinball
klax
teenage mutant ninja turtles II
tetris
marble madness
castlevania
battletoads
adventure island
maniac mansion
contra
kirby
zelda
Posted: Jan 20, 2012 6:08 am

In college we played Excitebike for hours and hours. Occasionally we would be plagued by "seeing cheese", which was when your brain would suddenly interpret the terrain inversely and the jumps looked like ditches, and vice versa. It was nuts.

Zelda 1 & 2 were also awesome, as was Castlevania.
Posted: Jan 20, 2012 7:41 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

I played the hell out of River City Ransom when it first came out and it's only gained in popularity since then...When it first came out it was just considered a generic obscure title. It was always hard to find anyone who new anything about it. It got some magazine coverage, but I don't remember it being in Nintendo Power. I was reading online and they say it evolved from this game called Renegade which looks interesting/stupid/awesome.

But yeah, the games I owned as a kid I'm not that into because I already played the hell out of them, my cousin had Super Dodge Ball and we played the hell out of that also but it's still fun.

Hard to believe these games were 60 bucks back in the day.
Posted: Jan 20, 2012 7:53 am

Wow there are some good suggestions in this thread...
Posted: Jan 20, 2012 9:14 am

Ninja Gaiden
Golgo 13

first TMNT was weak
Posted: Jan 20, 2012 9:20 am

Metroid!!!
Posted: Jan 20, 2012 10:51 am

Golf.
Battletoads! duh
Bo Jackson baseball
skate or die 2
Posted: Jan 20, 2012 7:29 pm

Second the Metroid. JAMIE BAILEY.
Posted: Jan 20, 2012 7:45 pm

JUSTIN bailey, bro
Posted: Jan 20, 2012 8:07 pm

Crap i'm gettin old
Posted: Jan 21, 2012 4:58 pm

Posted: Jan 21, 2012 11:13 pm

T&C Surf design is hard as shit and not fun at all. you tripping.

If you are into top down bullet hell shooters,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zanac
is an amazingly underrated game requiring insane reflexes.

Super Mario 3 and Battletoads could probably keep you occupied for the next 6 months.

Also check out Blaster Master
Posted: Jan 21, 2012 11:46 pm

dragonquest II
burgertime
Posted: Jan 21, 2012 11:47 pm

or whatever that burger game is called
Posted: Jan 23, 2012 12:27 am

Metroid!!!
yes!!
RBI Baseball as well.
Posted: Jan 23, 2012 8:11 am

Awesome...I rented Super Bomb Jack and thought it was the funnest game ever back in the late 80's....but never could find it in stores. I'm going to download that one too. This thread is great.
Posted: Jan 23, 2012 9:15 am

It was Mighty Bomb Jack...It got a 4/10 in one review I just read. I gotta check it out again.
Posted: Jan 23, 2012 3:17 pm

i just played teenage mutant ninja turtles and mortal kombat on super NES the other week when it was all blizzardy outside. been ages since i played the SNES. so much fun even though i got my ass kicked because i'm a terrible button masher.
Posted: Jan 23, 2012 4:06 pm

This is a great nostalgia trip:

http://abobosbigadventure.com/fullgame.php
Posted: Jan 23, 2012 10:22 pm

hahahahah YES! abobos big adventure is the jam
Posted: Jan 24, 2012 11:25 am

Goonies 2
Posted: Jan 25, 2012 8:06 am

Goonies 2 was one of my most disappointing video game experiences ever owned, I could never figure it out.
Spy Hunter/Zelda/Tecmo Bowl/Blades of Steel
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®