Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Anyone on Virgin Mobile?
Posted: Dec 29, 2011 11:23 am

Love the iphone, smashed my 3GS pretty good. I'm off contract with AT&T.

Would rather pay less. I check emails, text, phone minimal. Maps / GPS stuff is nice. Don't need to play games or whatever.

VIrgin's rates are cheap and as far as phones, Optimus V sounds decent- 3G, $130. Motorola Triumph sounds great but it's $300.

Anyone?
Posted: Dec 29, 2011 12:19 pm

Do you know what the coverage is like for Virgin in your town? Even if you are not using the phone to talk, you want it to be able to get a signal.

http://www.cellreception.com/search.php?zip=38103&page=1
Posted: Dec 29, 2011 2:54 pm

Hard to tell from that site. I was looking at other maps and it looked all right. Can't be much worse than AT&T in Midtown...
Posted: Dec 29, 2011 6:08 pm

I used Virgin Mobile years ago and it was all right, service-wise, in Chicago. I think their cellular service etc. is contracted out from Sprint, so ask around if anybody around you uses Sprint.
Posted: Dec 30, 2011 10:32 am

I have it now and love it. Got the Optimus V for Christmas and I am very happy with it.

I am grandfathered in and pay $25 a month for 300 minutes and unlimited text / data, but the rates are now $35 / $45 (1200 minutes and unlimited other) / $55 (unlimited everything).

I've gone out of town with my old phone on the Virgin Mobile network and have no problems. From what I gathered its Virgin rents out the Sprint network. Contracts can eat a dick.
Posted: Dec 30, 2011 4:38 pm

I had a Virgin pay as you go phone yrs ago, they worked fine, but I figgrd I'd save cash with a contract from Sprint, if ya don't talk much or spend tons of minutes on a phone, Virgins are "ok" I just don't like their selection of phones.
Posted: Dec 30, 2011 7:58 pm

we got the 49.99 unlimited plan with tmobile and got the cheapest smart phones. good enuf service in memphis.

joe likes angry birds.
Posted: Dec 31, 2011 9:47 am

Eric -- are you anti-Verizon? I know that I had good coverage in Midtown. I've had every major carrier at one time or another and they are all expensive and stupid for one reason or another, but Verizon's coverage is best from my experience. Plus, you can get the iPhone 4S for something like $199 with a new contract. If you're feeling adventurous you could even get the Galaxy Nexus (out soon), which will likely be superior to an iPhone.
Posted: Dec 31, 2011 7:12 pm | Edited by: SSSSSSS

I got my Verizon Droid 2 Global free after rebate. Got a killer unlimited family plan deal with my extended family.

It's working just fine for me. Screen's a little small, but so is the phone, which is nice in my book.
Posted: Jan 2, 2012 12:46 am | Edited by: SSSSSSS

Oh and physical landscape keyboard is a definite bonus over touch screen only phones if you like actually responding to emails instead of just reading them.
Posted: Jan 2, 2012 8:57 am

I was gonna say, Version has iphones, and I think Sprint is gonna have them soon if they don't already.
Posted: Jan 2, 2012 8:59 am

Sprint!

Cort uses Sprint and says he loves it.
Posted: Jan 3, 2012 1:07 pm

I signed a 3 year contract with AT&T for the Sony Ericson Experia Playstation Phone...it comes with Crash Bandicoot! It's an extra phone panel taking up space in my pocket just for video game controls, but I don't care. The camera is pretty good too.
Posted: Jan 3, 2012 5:18 pm

check the coverage first ... we are on pay as U go and outside of major cities there's very little
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®