Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / dear dangle trapper
Posted: Dec 15, 2011 9:25 pm

in some thread awhile back you mentioned a band called The Hospitals. It made me think "hey if this guy spends all his free time on this corner of the internet, he *must* have reasonable taste in music." So I picked up Hairdryer Peace and I think it is great. I was worried because the descriptions I read reminded me of screamo spaz shit like The Mae Shi, but I was pleasantly surprised by its drone-y-ness. Thanks for the rec, bro! Sometimes good things come from actually talking about music.

ok, carry on about how all Americans diddle their young!
Posted: Dec 15, 2011 9:34 pm

no way.....Dude hopefully, we'll hang out Sunday night and I don't want you mad at me.......but I'm calling bullshit. Your telling me that at some point nanne actually posted something about music....then you went and sought out that music and liked it......I don't know man.....I find that story hard to believe.....
Posted: Dec 15, 2011 9:43 pm

inconceivable!
Posted: Dec 15, 2011 9:58 pm | Edited by: Thee Gilded Chimera

ok, carry on about how all Americans diddle their young!

Hey you're leaving out the Catholics!
Posted: Dec 16, 2011 12:31 am

i just wrote some worshipful lines about the norton garage acetaes comps adn tehn i del;eted it . but it was some pretty serious worship. i hope to organize my thoughts one day. uh huh.
Posted: Dec 16, 2011 12:34 am

i think that hospitals band is horrible.
Posted: Dec 16, 2011 1:50 am

glad you like it, Rayultine
you might wanna check out their other records too.
i think it's the best band around.
Posted: Dec 16, 2011 3:25 am

i admit i have terrible taste in music.
Posted: Dec 16, 2011 5:53 am

Posted: Dec 16, 2011 5:59 am

Rich People!
Posted: Dec 16, 2011 6:04 am

Don't buy the second lp on Ebay,
It's still around for a normal price.
Posted: Dec 16, 2011 6:46 am

Hospitals vs. Dan Burke in toronto

Posted: Dec 16, 2011 8:50 am

The one on ITR is really good. Jocks & Jazz is equally as good. Hairdryer Peace I didn't enjoy as much as the others. I'll have to relisten to it to make sure that I'm not tripping.
Posted: Dec 16, 2011 9:39 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

Yeah Hospitals are cool Dingle is still a turd burglar....there are so many bands from the early 2000s with that blown out sound like The Terminals...but I like to recommend The Horrors to people (from the mid 90s! damn it.) Their first album on In The Red kills and then Greg Cartwright engineered their second album....I did a 7 inch for Andy Caffrey's more recent band The Autodramatics and it slays.....

Anyone that wants one it's 3 dollars a pop.
Posted: Dec 16, 2011 10:03 am

thank-you for re-posting this ... I was at this show and it was thrilling. The last time I checked, Dan thought so as well.
Posted: Dec 16, 2011 10:26 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

I don't know that footage is kind of psychotic....bars are dangerous places, I knew a little guy who caught a right hook banged his head on the floor and cracked his skull open, now he has speech and walking problems.

I especially wouldn't advise fighting on camera. I thought it was part of the show because it didn't look like their punches were connecting.

Just the same, it's entertaining youtube footage. Makes me want to not drink.

Also glad it didn't turn into a Dime Bag Darryl scenerio.
Posted: Dec 16, 2011 11:04 am

Grab another band's mic, get beat.

Who's Dan Burpe?
Posted: Dec 16, 2011 11:07 am

The old Horrors ruled too, and that band is still ruling what's left of the scene here, which is very weird, very, VERY weird.

Don't forget this:
It was a free download, hope it still is, check out the rest too.
(Almost was a live album, if I understood correctly):

http://www.lemon-session.com/?s=hospitals
Posted: Dec 16, 2011 11:21 am

Posted: Dec 16, 2011 11:22 am

Cool Ding...thanks for the heads up.
Posted: Dec 16, 2011 11:32 am

I don't know that article about him came out in 2009 and the first half is about a fist fight he had with The Hospitals in 2004. I haven't read the entire thing yet, but I hope he has accomplished more than that. Dude seems kind of crazy, does he follow Human Design and believe in aliens?

That might make him more interesting actualy.
Posted: Dec 16, 2011 11:53 am

i remember a pretty funny story about this guy trying to pay jay reatard in cocaine, and jay forced him to go out and sell the coke cause they wanted cash.
Posted: Dec 16, 2011 11:54 am

whoa JD with the Cobain-esque death from above guitar smash!!! Where the hell is the Hospitals guitarist in all this?
I kind of imagine that there's a second side to that story. Why didn't that prick just get the bouncers to deal with the band?
Posted: Dec 16, 2011 12:26 pm

Dwyer was playing w/Stony at the time as the Hospitals- Rod needed a break. There was a band that they hated that played a way too long set so they decided to just begin playing. That's how I remember hearing that story. My favorite part of all of it is after the off the bass drum guitar smash the first thing Adam does when he composes himelf is ask to borrow a guitar. Classic
Posted: Dec 16, 2011 12:55 pm

Where the hell is the Hospitals guitarist in all this?

He had this strange habbit of leaving the stage in the middle of a song and walk through the crowd fuckin his sound up until it went plop and then he came back with a big grin on a face that was drippin with blood, and since I am a dick-to-the-stage geek I never figured out how he got his head so bloody.

Maybe the mystery is in there somewhere.
Posted: Dec 16, 2011 12:55 pm

One of the first to hear talent in Sum 141? That guy had it coming.
Posted: Dec 16, 2011 12:58 pm

correction (Christmess dope arrived: oomph!):
I am confusing the Hunches guitarplayer with the Hospitals guitarplayer

all this talk about music...
Posted: Dec 16, 2011 1:05 pm

I hate bar fights because people always try to get me roped up in them, they're always like, "you're a big guy do something" if I have my wits about me I say, "no I'm gonna stand here and drink beer and enjoy this"....I'm not fucking going out like Alfalfa, in a bar fight over twenty dollars.
Posted: Dec 16, 2011 4:06 pm

yeah i hear that, sure i will back you up because your stupid ass started a fight, and when someone gets a lucky punch and fucks my teeth up i will be in pain for weeks trying to figure out how to raise a thousand bucks for dental surgery or whatever.

no thanks.
Posted: Dec 16, 2011 7:05 pm | Edited by: Thee Gilded Chimera

Dear, Dangle Trapper.

I recollect from the OOP TSOT thread from about a month or so ago, you provided a link to a Euro record distributer where they had a French Revolution noise band box set (or comp.?) Sir, could you kindly repost the site, specifically, the aforementioned box set. I might have to purchase a copy for myself as a Xmas gift. Last year, I bought myself a reasonably priced multi-speed, remote control vaporizer.

p.s. I hope the xmas green you received was White Rhino or something at least as good.
Posted: Dec 16, 2011 8:13 pm | Edited by: Ding Le Dangle

Dear G.C.

here you go:

http://www.steinklang.at/shop/index.php?main_page=product_music_info&c Path=55&products_id=41

ps: the hash is called Tafelberg, they make it themselves every year before Christmess, and every time it's a surprise how it turns out.
We'll probably never see the heaven of Tafelberg 2009 back, but this years stuff is very good too, although it lacks a nice taste.
It's the sorta hashies that is 'really heavy... but not really'.
So no Germans rolling over the street, vomitting and clutchin in their na'kin.
It's much lighter than the real heavy stuff. But that's almost impossible to come by these days because it's too expensive to make, wich is a bloody shame, cause the guys who made that shit saw it as an art, and gave us art. But still: Tafelberg is always heavy and good, just like wine, every year brings another taste.

sorry about digressing but I just woke up and smoked a big pipe of that stuff.

booya!)

It's 3 in the morning.
Time for a really spooky Zappa concert from '74.
Posted: Dec 17, 2011 12:44 am

mp3:
Les chapelets de machecoul
Punit-on une hache?
Hymne a l'etre. . ..

The links don't work. Is the music as nightmarish as anything I'd hear on the great RRR Records label?
Posted: Dec 17, 2011 1:03 am

Posted: Dec 17, 2011 2:39 am

Sloppy, that those links don't work.

No, it's nothing like Emile's stuff. (Big Recommedation: Pig Daddy by Sutcliffe Jugend).

It's 'toned down industrial' with voice and chanson fragments and other kinda freaky shit.
Posted: Dec 17, 2011 2:40 am

it is kinda nightmarish though
Posted: Dec 17, 2011 5:34 am | Edited by: Ding Le Dangle

talk about nightmarisch:
forgot to say, but also probably available at RRR is
Sutcliffe Jugend & Prurient, a double lp, ambient noise with Japanese deathchants.
Completely different than Pig Daddy, which is great hardcore noise filth with fantastic sick vocals (singer never sounded better, like Beefheart with a cold).
S.J. released another album in that year, but that's too modern/and by that I mean 'old fasnioned modern'.

I've been looking on the SSS list for a fantastic record that I thought was on E.'s list but I can't find it this fast, and this is a new list with all kinds a stuff missing so if you don't have it already (I frankly think you do), but

Clipd Beaks - 'Horse Loards' (Lovepump United, 2008)

It's a MUST HAVE anyway.
Posted: Dec 17, 2011 8:54 am

yucky
Posted: Dec 17, 2011 9:28 am

G.C.
If you haven't yet: you should check Blosseming Noise.
Guy there recently also completely changed his stock but he always has some good new shit.
And at least always some Skullflower or Sunroof.

Another thing.
DO NOT BUY THE NEW PSYCHIC PARAMOUNT
I wanted to like it so bad, but it's the biggest disappointment of the year.
As a PP fanboy it took me 4 turns to find out that it was the most horrible and old fashioned piece of shit thinkable. I am still depressed about these fucks.
I mean: they were in Laddio Bolocko!
(If you listen to what the other two members of that band have been doin since LB, you'd kill yourself.)
Posted: Dec 25, 2011 6:36 am | Edited by: Ding Le Dangle

Hey Gilded Chimera,
forgot to say:
if you wanna check out some tracks before buying that expensive Stahlwerk thing:
it's all over Soulseek, so you CAN check some stuff out first.
Posted: Dec 25, 2011 8:48 am

Cool. I'll check it out. Noise records are nice to have around if I want somebody to leave my apartment, yet I wanna be passive-aggressive about it. Merry Christmas everybody. I'm at work. Twice the pay, half the work!
Posted: Dec 25, 2011 10:16 pm

Soulseek
dang dangle, get yerself on bittorrent.
Posted: Dec 26, 2011 2:14 am

Haven't been on Soulseek for years.
It sucks, but they have a lot to offer as I recall. It's the downloading that sucks apesma.

I'll try bittorrent,
although it sounds like a bar where Dick Head serves watered down drinks.

My experiments with torrent files lack a happy ending most of the times.
Posted: Dec 26, 2011 2:37 am | Edited by: Ding Le Dangle

Posted: Dec 26, 2011 10:00 am

Posted: Dec 26, 2011 10:58 pm

^^Far out!^^
Posted: Dec 27, 2011 4:08 am

Yeah... man.

If you like that, you should come over and I give you a box fulla that kinda noise.
Noodle letters included.
Posted: Dec 27, 2011 9:14 am

my favourite hardcore noodle noise band:

Posted: Dec 27, 2011 9:50 am

i like the hospitals more than the hunches.
Posted: Dec 27, 2011 12:10 pm

Really?
Cool.
Posted: Dec 27, 2011 6:56 pm

dangle,
your torrent experience might suck if you are using public trackers like piratebay. invite-only sites tend to have real stringent quality standards, i.e. getting banned for spreading viruses, sharing a certain mp3 bitrate, etc.
Posted: Dec 27, 2011 7:54 pm

Or if you're a flaming shitbag Dutchman.
Posted: Dec 27, 2011 8:28 pm

this thread managed to be relatively civil for 12 days. thank me for breaking the goner board record.
Posted: Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

thank me for breaking the goner board record.

Thanks Mang!
Posted: Dec 27, 2011 9:00 pm

You are the Bono of Goner world.
Posted: Dec 27, 2011 9:21 pm

Ha!
Posted: Dec 27, 2011 9:21 pm

To be honest though...while I commend your efforts..the way Sam let the peace go on for a bit and then stepped in unexpectedly to land a quick verbal kick to the balls was pretty damn perfect.
Posted: Dec 27, 2011 10:27 pm

who's my Cher and who's my The Edge?
Posted: Dec 28, 2011 4:29 am

Rayultine,
i got that beefheart Bad Chain Puller file of the Zappateers site. Someone put up the news here when it was on. Like you said, strict rules and such. Perfect quality. But I hardly download anymore.
It's more 'unloading' what I'm into these days.
Posted: Dec 28, 2011 4:42 am

I may be a Zappa fan, but god how I hate Zappa fans.
Someone else had to tell me about that messageboard.

Weird huh?

Yeah.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®