Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Reigning Sound Break Up Break Down Sealed LP for $20
Posted: Dec 2, 2011 12:52 pm

Posted: Dec 2, 2011 4:44 pm

i had an original copy of that record and gave it away after listening to it only once. i was expecting more in the compulsive gamblers/oblviains vein and didnt really give it a fair shot. oh well, young and dumb, thats what i was. beats the hell out of old and stupid, like i am now.
Posted: Dec 2, 2011 6:18 pm

Went all the vinyl pressings of this (the first pressing at least) jacked in some way? They sounded all wobbly or something.
Posted: Dec 2, 2011 6:24 pm

i dunno, never had it. i didn't even know there was more than one. i figured it was like an $80 rec or something. just trying to hook someone up. nevermind.
Posted: Dec 2, 2011 6:35 pm

The 2nd batch (I think) had mastering problems. Greg use to sell them at Legba for $1.

i was expecting more in the compulsive gamblers vein
Don't think you could get much closer than the Reigning Sound. Especially Break Up Break Down.
Posted: Dec 2, 2011 6:35 pm

Original pressing is really fucked up bad sounding. The newer pressing from a few years back is what you want. And when i say realy fucked up bad sounding i mean that in the negative sense.
Posted: Dec 3, 2011 9:54 am

Original pressing is really fucked up bad sounding. The newer pressing from a few years back is what you want. And when i say realy fucked up bad sounding i mean that in the negative sense.

What Joe said.
Posted: Dec 4, 2011 1:17 pm

First one was mastered bad. Second issue is better but doesn't sound like it was mastered from the tape. He likely just mastered it from a CD. Still better than the first one.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®