Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Box of Feelings. again.
Posted: Nov 30, 2011 4:24 pm

Just in time for Christmas!
Jack Stands - Box of Feelings, the ultra-important 2008 release originally came with beadwork, was printed on my computer and hand-written sharpie and was free to anyone who asked.
Daddy wants some extra "hanging-around money" and is too tired to make stuff, so, it'll be $5 direct or available at Goner.
Jam-packed with all the hits!
You Suck
Black President
Chico Is a Cop-Caller
Four-Track
Huffin' Stuff
Late Night Charlie
Lazor
Sensitive Guy
Short Song
Sweaters
Tickles
Weirdpunk Is Just Psych With a Drum Machine

All on one disc!

Contributions from the incredible Bruce Saltmarsh, the inimitable John Paul Keith, the inevitable Scott Rogers and more people who kind of play music!

Details soon!

Also, look for the follow up release, coming in sping of 2012! Maybe!
Posted: Nov 30, 2011 7:43 pm

Save one for us!
Posted: Nov 30, 2011 7:45 pm

I'm giving this to my kids for Christmas!
Posted: Nov 30, 2011 8:23 pm

Correct liner notes? Esoterica? Erotica?
Posted: Nov 30, 2011 8:35 pm

Can I special order bead work?
Posted: Nov 30, 2011 8:51 pm

For her, a beadwork Nazi armband.
Posted: Nov 30, 2011 8:52 pm

Wow, I'm excited all over again.
Posted: Nov 30, 2011 9:40 pm

Jack, I need another copy of the IV fan club cd, can you throw me another one in when I get this somehow? Let me know what I need to do.
Posted: Nov 30, 2011 9:44 pm

cole, if you walk oustide, naked, and chant the name jack stands long enough, one will drop from the sky
Posted: Nov 30, 2011 10:00 pm

No way man. I'm not falling for that again.
Posted: Dec 1, 2011 8:24 am

Is this a cdr?
Posted: Dec 1, 2011 10:41 am

Jack Stands -- I'd like to come re-record my parts. I've been practicing and am in much better shape to play now. When should I be there?
Posted: Dec 1, 2011 10:50 am

Weirdpunk Is Just Psych With a Drum Machine

still the best song title ever, even if it is dated due to the death of weird punk three years ago.
Posted: Dec 1, 2011 11:18 am

You can.

I need another copy of the IV fan club cd
o.k.

Is this a cdr?
Unfortunately, yes. When it originally came out, I couldn't convince anyone to give away an LP for some reason. Weird, I know. After the costs of cdrs, Jewel cases, Jewel sleeves, printer ink, beads, time spent making everything and shipping to over 100 people all over the world, maybe I could have put it out on vinyl.

I'd like to come re-record my parts.
No. But if y'all come back to Memphis, soon, I'd like to get you on some of the new stuff.

even if it is dated due to the death of weird punk three years ago.
True, but Chico is pretty dated, too.
Posted: Dec 1, 2011 11:22 am

Anyway, details soon!

I'll make beadwork for some, like saint sarah; she actually came to see Heavy Beagle (also featured on the cd) when she was in town and hated us as planned! We were the loudest two piece in town at the time!

Also features the musical stylings of Mark Millionaire, Wire, Luke Warm, Jerryd, and more!
Posted: Dec 1, 2011 11:31 am

From Termbo, the only review it ever got:

Jack Stands "Box of Feelings" CDR
A dozen tracks from one Jack Stands (aka Robin Pack), Goner celebrity, member of The Staags if I'm not mistaken (an old-man hardcore band whose 7" I quite enjoy) and a guy I think has something to do with Rocket Science Audio. Guest shots from Memphis names like Scott Rogers, Bruce Saltmarsh, Kyle Johnson and even John Paul Keith. Some cuts are from a band called Heavy Beagle, including "You Suck" which is wild heavy-chugging wah-damaged demi-metal, like Monster Magnet go garage and "Black President" a blast-beaty jammer. "Chico Is A Cop-Caller" gets some more mileage out of that wah-pedal for a funny down-tempo punker. "Four Track" brings some more funny in a brief lo-fi style. "Huffin Stuff" is slide-guit blues-folk subtlety. "Sweaters" is takin-the-piss easy listening goofery, "Sensitive Guy" is mock-folk and "Weird Is Just Psych..." brings up a good point. Good humor all around here. Not necessary listening, but a fun enough documentation of one guy's spare time. I think he just gives this thing away, and apparently it comes with some "bead work"(?) as well.(RK)
(self-released // myspace.com/jack_stands)
Posted: Dec 1, 2011 12:51 pm

Okay cool. Count me in.
Posted: Dec 1, 2011 3:55 pm

still the best song title ever, even if it is dated due to the death of weird punk three years ago.

totally. I LOL'd all over again after seeing this yesterday. was all, ohhhh yeeeeah..weird punk! that happened!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®