Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Danzig at FFF
Posted: Nov 6, 2011 12:53 pm

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=73589

I left before his "show". Saw Hot Snakes, Negative Approach, Dead Horse and Youth Brigade yesterday. Today: SLAYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Nov 6, 2011 3:01 pm

It's now 8:15 and time for them to go on. The band is ready, corpse make ups done, guitars tunes. Glenn says he's not playing and that it's too cold outside. he said big stages should have windscreen so wind can't blow on him from the side. The stage managers then goes and gets tarps and tarp the entire side of the stage so now wind will hit him.

sounds like a great show! did you see public enemy? i never heard of fun-fun-fun-fest but the line up looks crazy...
Posted: Nov 8, 2011 12:31 pm

I've seen some cool line-ups for the Fun Fun Fun fest in past years and even thought about going, but I probably would have made the trip to see Youth Brigade, Negative Approach, and even Danzig on the same bill.
Posted: Nov 8, 2011 1:10 pm

Zero Boys killed it Sun. Eyehategod were good, Ted Leo did a 4 song misfits set at the end of his regular set. Slayer were SLAYER!
Posted: Nov 8, 2011 10:59 pm

Danzig set sounds epic! It's at least what people are talking about... But what about OBN IIIs?
Posted: Nov 8, 2011 11:24 pm

that's what i wanna know!
Posted: Nov 9, 2011 1:22 am

too cold??? what a pussy. my band practices in an unheated barn. its about 40 degrees out there, tops. fucker doesnt even play guitar, whats he crying about? cant sing in the cold under all those lights? put on a jacket, pussy!

oh well, they make it sound like he only did two songs when actually he did do over 2/3rds of his set list. too bad he got cut off but thats really nobodys fault.

then the pussy steps it up a notch trying to start a riot? riots get people hurt, maybe they shoulda rioted by smashing all his pussy gear??? shoulda sucked it up and got his pussy ass out there on time and given it 100% for the fans.
Posted: Nov 9, 2011 4:01 am

Danzig II: Lucifudge
Posted: Nov 9, 2011 9:00 am

too bad he got cut off but thats really nobodys fault.

Except Danzig's. I can't believe anyone is shocked that Danzig is a dick.
Posted: Nov 9, 2011 10:47 am

Right! Danzig's a dick, you're a dick for still wanting to see the Misfits 40 years later, you all have a clusterfuck of a Sha Na Na time and the only one doing anything interesting is DANZIG!
Posted: Nov 9, 2011 4:22 pm

Except Danzig's.

danzig did not write the curfew/noise ordinance law. danzig did not pull the plug on himself.
Posted: Nov 9, 2011 4:28 pm

Apparently Bryan Schmitz had the honor. I doubt plugs were actually pulled.
Posted: Nov 9, 2011 4:30 pm

Did anyone there see HUM? they played Sunday about 6 I think.
Posted: Nov 9, 2011 4:30 pm

maybe hair plugs
Posted: Nov 9, 2011 5:34 pm

I just looked this up on youtube. He's playing with Doyle?? O.K. i admit it, i have a little soft spot for that.
Posted: Nov 10, 2011 8:21 am

danzig did not write the curfew/noise ordinance law. danzig did not pull the plug on himself.
Danzig did not go on when he was scheduled to go on.
Posted: Nov 10, 2011 8:31 am

Danzig does not dance.
Posted: Nov 10, 2011 8:36 am

You know what's under Chuck Norris' beard? Danzig's pussy.
Posted: Nov 10, 2011 8:39 am

I fucking hate Chuck Norris. More than I hate Danzig.
Posted: Nov 10, 2011 9:25 am

I like Chakie Chan but he realy hates the USA.

It's true, he only does movies for our market to finance projects in China.
Posted: Nov 10, 2011 11:14 am

What I found funny was virtually every band that played that stage did so on a backline that they had never used and most did so with only the help of local crew- and all weekend it ran on schedule. Except that clown. And when he finally did get on stage it pretty much sucked. I left to catch Public Enemy.
Thee Oh Sees, Total Control, and the 123 punch of Negative Approach, Hot Snakes and the Damned on saturday all killed it. And I saw Slayer AND Big Freedia on the same weekend. Danzig shitting the bed didn't really bring me down.
Posted: Nov 10, 2011 11:53 am

The only good thing he has done in the last 20 yrs was the Hips Don't Lie video.
Posted: Nov 10, 2011 1:06 pm

Danzig does not approve of this thread
Posted: Nov 10, 2011 3:06 pm

danzig does not approve this video.

Posted: Nov 11, 2011 7:55 pm

Come back and bite my faaaaace.!!!
Posted: Nov 13, 2011 11:33 am

Did anyone there see HUM? they played Sunday about 6 I think.

They were good, but outdoors they couldn't really get the wall of sound going. Plus they went on about an hour before Slayer, so the crowd was a little ancy.
Posted: Nov 13, 2011 9:17 pm

OBN IIIs were fucking great!
Posted: Nov 13, 2011 9:28 pm

want, no need, to hear more about Schmitz's hair plugs
Posted: Nov 14, 2011 12:26 am

Awesome! OBN IIIs update complete.

Man, if he did "Hips Don't Lie" ... now that woulda been somethin.

Always good.
Posted: Nov 14, 2011 8:19 am

Hips Don't Lie is pretty good, but it's no White Devil Rise.

That was me an a bro's summer jam last year.

It sounds like a bunch of fat guys at a Klan rally....classic.
Posted: Nov 14, 2011 8:25 am

Man, this is the best version I could find online....skip past all the political bullshit, he stops talking around 1:46:

Posted: Nov 14, 2011 10:31 am

Why has this not been posted already???
Posted: Nov 14, 2011 2:12 pm

Oh schnap...here's the whole song. I had a hankoring to hear it and looked a lil' harder:

Posted: Nov 14, 2011 4:23 pm

Hum before Slayer? That had to be weird. Thanks for the update.
Posted: Nov 15, 2011 7:47 am

Thanks turner. hi-fuckin-larious!
Posted: Nov 15, 2011 3:24 pm

totally! assumed it was the real video so i didn't watch it till now - first real good laugh i've had over the past 5 otherwise shit days - thanks for the cheer-up, dood!
Posted: Nov 15, 2011 10:08 pm

Legion of Rock Stars stuff is GREAT!
Posted: Nov 18, 2011 2:01 pm

A friend dealt w/ him back when Samhain was around. Friend said Glenn was a primadonna grade-A prick back then too. Worst band he ever had to deal with.

Glenn Danzig = Napoleon Complex
Posted: Nov 18, 2011 2:55 pm | Edited by: tigerblinds

He engineered and produced the Kinghorse LP so people go nuts for him in my town...whatever. I like Kinghorse pretty well.

Alot of Danzigs fans are douchier than he is, that's what always gets me.

he's pretty "so bad it's good", hence White Devil Rise.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®