Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / THE ONIONS scotch tapes cassette demo
Posted: Nov 2, 2011 2:39 am

Earlier this year Scotch Records and tapes from Canada asked us to do a cassette release on their label. I dutifully set up the 4 track cassette and we busted out 14 songs live in my basement. I sent Al the recordings and he was happy with them, said someone on his end would handle the art and he would send some copies when it was finished. Well, since then my emails have gone unanswered and i read that he injured himself in a serious way so i assume this will never come out. So rather than toss it out entirely, I figured I would put it up as a free download online.

Remember, this was a fairly long time ago with our old bass player still in the band, recorded just before our trip down to SXSW music festival in Austin TX. Its similar to our tour CDR on certified PR but still has many exclusive songs that have not been released elsewhere in any format.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/vpr8mv
Posted: Nov 2, 2011 11:42 am

He probably didn't have the heart to tell you he didn't like it.
Posted: Nov 2, 2011 6:22 pm

i got your message from my dad. sorry about the extremely limited emails. i have a super hard time looking at my laptop screen (or tv for the matter) i been having a difficult time with these past 2 concussions. i have been having issues with concussions for about 10 years but these past two (in rapid succession... one from a blow to the head at work, the other from a dizzy spell in which i fell and cracked my head again) have been hellish.

i have had to give up my drivers license and move back into my folks place. i cannot deal with any bright lights or anything remotely loud.

noone has heard from him since march and he has not been filling any orders or doing any new releases. at least i am not one of the many people who joined his club and paid $50 for nothing...
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®