Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / The Purling Hiss
Posted: Oct 26, 2011 4:45 am

Really awesome. Now in sleeping bags on my floor. Great band.
Posted: Oct 26, 2011 9:25 am

they're from philly, which is close to me. must book them soon.
Posted: Oct 26, 2011 6:04 pm

I think we played with these dudes. They were nice. Most of them are Kurt Vile's backing band, correct?
Posted: Oct 26, 2011 7:03 pm

I think we played with these dudes.
Yep. LOTS of guitar solos.
Posted: Oct 26, 2011 10:06 pm

Hair farmers!
Posted: Oct 27, 2011 10:42 am

They were nice.

damn, not interested anymore. at least some dude from thee cormans takes a minute to insult me on facebook whenever i say something nice about their band. and to think i was worried that ned deleted me. sheesh!
Posted: Oct 27, 2011 10:58 am

Most of them are Kurt Vile's backing band, correct?

yes they are.
Posted: Oct 27, 2011 11:03 am

They were nice.

damn, not interested anymore

Agreed. There's a side of me where if somebody is throwing trash and garbage at me or else completely ignoring me, I sort of agree.

Alright, in que for my turntable I'm going to stick my arm waaaaaay up my deep deep colon and find the Puffy Areolas/Purling Hiss split 12" and then go and play it.
Posted: Oct 27, 2011 11:20 am

Yeah, I can only respect a musician if they're wearing sun glasses, sitting down, with their back turned to the audience ala Lou Reed.

If a musician is nice to me, how can I respect that? I must be way cooler than them.
Posted: Oct 27, 2011 11:25 am

Yeah, like once I saw Wire play, and one of the guitarists had a fucking Steinburg guitar and had his back turned towards the audience the entire time. Don't know for sure if it was out of shyness, art, or a complete contempt of the audience.
Posted: Oct 27, 2011 11:32 am

That guy must be a genius.
Posted: Oct 27, 2011 12:48 pm

No, you're the genius, you fucking patio-chatty-cathy motherfucker.
Posted: Oct 27, 2011 1:03 pm | Edited by: tigerblinds

No you're wrong...I'm just super cool and swingin..I'm thankfully no genius.

Maybe if I layed off the pot I'd be a genius...but that will never happen. I don't watch T.V. like ever, no time for it, so I need to have pot.
Posted: Oct 27, 2011 1:24 pm

I'm for the 1,00,000th trying to quit, by gettng drunk. Been getting baked since the age of 13. i cant cope with dumbasses. Thats why I go out and get smoked out so I can relate with dumbasses. Seriously. The general public are a bunch of dumbasses. It makes me lose faith in America...
Posted: Oct 27, 2011 1:59 pm | Edited by: tigerblinds

Exactly. I hate socializing when I'm sober, and I'm 50 times more likely to tell someone how stupid they are when I'm sober. I need a mood enhancer to deal with the onslaught of dillweeds while waiting around for the rare gems you meet every now and then.

It does concern me when close friends say I only seem happy when I'm high...but is that realy so bad? When I'm sober I'm pretty much all business.

I'll give up drinking one day, reefer, not so much. It is a good medicine.
Posted: Oct 27, 2011 2:16 pm | Edited by: tigerblinds

The trick is knowing when to get high...like if you're learning a song with a band, it makes it alot harder to concentrate and you get lost easier..but if you've played a song a million times and it's tedious as hell pot is the ticket.

If you have a mental disorder of any kind, pot will usually exacerbate it...It's a good way to do personal inventory, and if something is causing you anxiety it becomes alot more obvious when you're stoned.

Never mind all of the medical ailments it organicaly alleviates...I think that's realy what's making it mainstream and culturaly acceptable these days.
Posted: Oct 28, 2011 6:18 pm

Aw man, dude, SOCIETY makes me smoke weed just so I can like not even CARE that they're not on the same intellectual level as me, 'cause like I post on the GONER board all day and shit, bro.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®