Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / half of my moms family basically disowned me because of facebook
Posted: Oct 26, 2011 4:01 am

most of my mom's side of the family has not been big fans of mine since i stopped visiting my grandpa at age 11 and didnt invite him to my wedding, visit him in the hospital, or attend his funeral. thats probably because he always told me i was a bastard child and i dont have a single good memory of him. he was real nice to my cousins, maybe because they werent the bastard offspring of drunk and on drugs injuns...

every year though my mom and aunts make a big deal out of inviting me over and over to family get togethers. i dont want to go, but usually my wife drags my ass wherever and we pretend to be friendly for a couple hours.

this summer there was a reunion, and we came out and right away my mom ambushed me, accusing me of being on hard drugs and stuff, got me all upset. she has my phone number, knows where i live, if she had that kind of shit to say to me she could have chosen a more appropriate venue.

one aunt of mine would argue with me on a regular basis on facebook, she was one of the ones calling/emailing/sending letters begging me to come to the reunion. she and her husband are big scott walker fans and their son is a manager at wal mart.

they posted one of those chain letter emails about people being drug tested down in florida before getting unemployment benefits and i said it was wrong. if youre busted for using drugs at work you dont qualify for unemployment. its not welfare, the only people who get it are those who worked for a significant period of time and payed into the system, its insurance and if drug use was not the causation of unemployment the government has no reasonable reason to search you in such an invasive manner.

i also mentioned that it was likely unconstitutional, and would result in costly lawsuits, as well as the fact that heroin and crack are out of your system right away, and the only people being penalized were marijuana smokers, and even then, fake piss is $20.

i said it would cost more to cut off people;s last lifeline and deal with the fallout, like medical bills from being homeless, people freezing to death sleeping in their cars, or the raise in robberies, theft, etc that would surely result.

so my mom calls me up and is saying that my family disowned me on facebook because i am CRAZY and that she doesnt care if she never talks to me again she wont even go to my funeral because she is sure i am going to die, soon, and at the same time i am a terrible son because she might be going blind and i have no idea because she had to look my number up out of the phone book and even people she doesnt know like doctors at the hospital love her more than i do.

remember nigg[er christmas? did i get that far yet? i called my mom one sunday morning when i was homeless and begged her to buy me a bus ticket home. she said "happy easter" and hung up on me.

no doubt i am a terrible son, but i wonder, how often do you talk to your mother? i guess i havent called her since july, but thats not unusual, we have lived in other states from each other and went long periods of time not talking. she has my number too, its not like i am hiding.

i do care about her but my aunts hypocrisy bugs me. they smoked weed, and my mom getting upset about it, she smoked weed too. my mom and dad smoke weed, my uncles smoke weed, EVERYONE smokes weed. well, maybe not everyone, but it might as well be.

i am sure they are mostly concerned because they are right wing religious nuts and dont want their precious children exposed to the idea that you can pass a piss test with a plastic wang and synthetic urine.

when i was a kid everyone had a beer out of the keg in my grandparents garage before they were 5 years old. me and my crazy talk, whatever.

deleting me from facebook pisses me off. they will not delete me from real life. also, if i do die soon i hope my wife doesnt let any of them to my funeral to be all smug about how they lived longer than me. life is not a longevity contest.

they say some forms of insanity are hereditary, i hope not because both my parents are batshit nuts...
Posted: Oct 26, 2011 7:42 am

People who talk about about the preciousness of family are fucking idiots.

Drugs don't really enter the equation with mine (at least not to that extent), but yeah.

And Christmas is coming up.
Posted: Oct 26, 2011 7:59 am

It's a good thing you made real relationships outside of your so
called family...the punk subculture is always good for that.

In 50 years you, out of your whole family, will be the one celebrated and remembered.
Posted: Oct 26, 2011 8:27 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

I don't do facebook, and half my family are talking about moving to California (a few sets were already there for a decade) to get medical marijuana. My hardcore conservative relatives are border line illiterate, so they don't do facebook, they work hard, watch westerns or just wake up drinkin beer, find God for awhile and then backslide. Fall in love with mean, aunry, people.

But I got friends in your situation...and I say just ignore them and keep showing up at the family functions...when they give you shit be prepared with a few rebuttals, infer that you haven't forgotten questionable episodes in their lives or bullshit ways they've misraised their children, so they can either keep talking and piss you off some more or they can shove more mashed potatos in their mouths.

Don't loan or borrow money w/ one of them unless you are on very solid ground with them and things have been stable of awhile.

Family is sort of like being in a band...when you get in fights you sometimes have to ask yourself if it's worth putting up with the shit or just have no band. Alot of times people attack eachother out of thier own insecurities and feelings of inadequacy. You know like you said, alot of them are the kettle calling the pot black. So inffer stuff and let them sweat.

Don't talk politics with them, tell them you don't want you or your wife to have to fucking endure their ignorance if they ask. If they want to instigate shit and you can't be polite, tell them it's not your job to break it down for hypocritical morons and that's you'd prefer to keep politics and family seperate.

It sounds like your family is pretty damn competative, so let it be known that you don't value the same shit as them, and don't let them punk you out by making you feel less valid and illegitimate. They just want leverage over you, so you do what they want. Basically hold your own, and don't give up your family because a few of them got smart mouths....you are entitled to be with your blood, and if you realy don't give a shit, tell them to fuck off and never talk to them again. But I've always considered that giving up.

From the sound of it, it won't be long before your cousins start bringing home black babies in true midwest fashion. They're gonna need someone to go to bat for them, and you can also gloat until your heart is content.
Posted: Oct 26, 2011 8:32 am

Also get a job, get in shape, and don't die of a drug overdose dude.
Posted: Oct 26, 2011 8:34 am

It's a good thing you made real relationships outside of your so
called family...the punk subculture is always good for that.

In 50 years you, out of your whole family, will be the one celebrated and remembered

Uh...I hate to break it to you but we're all going to be some gorilla slaves worshiping remnants of the atomic age by then.....
Posted: Oct 26, 2011 8:43 am

Family can be the worst assholes.
Posted: Oct 26, 2011 8:57 am

Uh...I hate to break it to you but we're all going to be some gorilla slaves worshiping remnants of the atomic age by then.....

On second thought, BradX just might wind up being clebrated and remembered.
Posted: Oct 26, 2011 9:18 am

What is this Ann Landers around here now? Rub some dirt in it. Crybaby.
Posted: Oct 26, 2011 9:24 am

Also get a job, get in shape, and don't die of a drug overdose dude.

you talkin to me?
Posted: Oct 26, 2011 10:09 am

make peace with the mom, tell everyone else to get slapped by cocks until they die of brain hemorrhaging.
Posted: Oct 26, 2011 12:55 pm

when i was a kid everyone had a beer out of the keg in my grandparents garage before they were 5 years old

I thought you said you didn't have a single good memory of your grandfather?
Posted: Oct 26, 2011 1:20 pm

Your first mistake was friending any judgmental family on Facebook. You have no obligation to share that part of your world with them. Or just block them from seeing anything. My Mom and I have a great relationship, but she's crazy, neurotic, paranoid and insecure...albeit ex-hippie uber-liberal style. I know how easy it is to set her off. We are not Facebook friends and that's fine...much better in fact. My Dad is the coolest, and I know he can take my occasional caustic comments, potty mouth and rock and roll attitudes without the slightest judgement...I also know he never really looks at his Facebook...so, no problem, we are friends. There WAS (once upon) a time when we all had to pick up the damn phone to keep contact with family...SO MUCH better, because they DO NOT NEED to know all of your business. Regardless, I'm of the mind that if your family is toxic and unsupportive, they are simply wasting space and not "family" at all. Take care of yourself.
Posted: Oct 26, 2011 1:56 pm

shit that's all you gotta do....now I have to go track down any relatives on facebook and let the party begin
Posted: Oct 26, 2011 5:50 pm

my sister and her husband both unfriended me and i think it carried over into real life. those were some of my happiest moments recently. enjoy it.
Posted: Oct 26, 2011 7:21 pm

tell everyone else to get slapped by cocks until they die of brain hemorrhaging.

I'm gonna use that one!

But really, family and facebook do not mix.
Posted: Oct 26, 2011 7:26 pm

But really, family and facebook do not mix.

100% true.

If you want some brutally honest advice, email me or the millionaire off the board. I could fill a book.....
Posted: Oct 26, 2011 8:58 pm

100% true.

If you want some brutally honest advice, email me or the millionaire off the board. I could fill a book.....

Don't know if I could fill a book, but it's presented me with awkward shit I never could have imagined.

Cautionary tale here, kids: if you're not on FB, or on the fence about it, run away like it's flying livestock being hurled off the Frenchman's castle in the Holy Grail. Chances are, you're still relatively young and have lives. Keep them! Read books, watch movies, get drunk and play records, masturbate to General Hospital, but do NOT feed into it. It's too late for me...
Posted: Oct 26, 2011 10:08 pm

I'm of the mind that if your family is toxic and unsupportive, they are simply wasting space and not "family" at all.

Ever since we quit talking to our parents my wife's and my life have been like 90% less stressful.
Posted: Oct 26, 2011 11:21 pm

i hope not because both my parents are batshit nuts...

I had to kick my nutty ma off of facebook once 'cuz she for the 1,000,000th fucking time flipped out on me for no apparent reason and was starting to post retarded (even by my lax standards) shit about me. But if you're a mental-case your entire life you'll never know the difference. Anyway...

Sorry to hear about this, Brad. They should be proud to be related to you. Anybody can be a hypocritical right-wing nut who has a kid that works at Wal-Mart. Not everybody can write a song as good as, "Unsustainable Lifestyle".
Posted: Oct 27, 2011 12:12 am

Once my mom googled me and found some band that I had done something for. She asked them to quit referring to me as a cool motherfucker on their webpage because she was my mother.

LAME.

I should just motherfucking change my name.
Posted: Oct 27, 2011 12:28 am

I was thinking about it, like existentially, if I was really, I mean actually gay the other day, I doubt my family members would've been even bigger assholes to me. I doubt any of them would've disowned me if I were gay... Meanwhile, I get into fights with assorted family members over gay shit.
Posted: Oct 27, 2011 1:12 am

Ever since we quit talking to our parents my wife's and my life have been like 90% less stressful.

joe requested that we quit visiting my immediate family after my sisters wedding this past march but he sure does love (as do I) my extended florida skynyrd redneck family (gramma, granpa, aunts, uncles, cousins, 2nd cousins, etc). how does the one person who birthed me become the one person in the family who thinks that the first (and only) opinions of total strangers matter? My tattoos and crappy clothes overrule the fact that i can take care of myself, husband and pets without anyones help. family is what you make of it...i decided that if my mom isnt gonna laser off the tattooed eyebrows and eyeliner, im not gonna laser off any thing i have tattooed on me. have another vodka and club soda...ill have another box of sangria.
Posted: Oct 27, 2011 6:31 am

When Windy and I first started getting together, my parents formed their opinions of her by reading the Goner board. Out of the blue, they would quote things she said on this board -- it was really creepy. The really absurd part was that they obviously didn't get the vibe/sense of humor/tone of things posted here, so they took everything literally. She also used to post frequently on her blog about stuff going on in her life, much of it long before she met me. My family went back and read the entire thing and would then throw stuff in her (and my) face that had happened years before. Windy eventually changed her blog format completely and those entries can't be seen, but it was a really big deal back when it happened. I tried explaining to them that forming an opinion of her based on some posts on a message board, or even blog entries was a really stupid idea, but the damage was done. They still hate her, five years later. Anyone that actually knows Windy knows that she's awesome. It's too bad, because they never will.
Posted: Oct 27, 2011 7:26 am

Why didn't you tell me your parents read this message board? I would have toned it down. *baby shrug*

My Mom can't even check her email...I tell nothing to my family about my band or internet affiliations. All they know is that I have practice two nights a week and they meet the guys occasionaly. They have always assumed the worst, because when they ask to hear my music, I tell them no dice because it will hinder my artistic freedom...sometimes they want to see my photographs and again, 'it will hinder my artistic freedom'... ha ha. Since I have two Goner stickers on the bumper of my car, I probbably get the random relative or coworker surfing on, but I try to post so many crazy half truths they're too bewildered to confront me.

My family have an understanding, they can either accept me for the nice person I am, or they can confront me on things and I probbably won't talk to them for a good long time. Since family is important to all of us, we all tolerate eachother. Blood is blood. I return the favor to them, by not dying of an overdose, being careful when I drive in the rain, not fucking prostitutes, not robbing gas stations, avoiding bar fights, etc.

I tried to tell everyone that myspace was lame when it got started...then facebook got going, and it was even lamer because there was no music at first....so I want to know what's it going to take before someone fucking acknowledges my profound fucking wisdom?
Posted: Oct 27, 2011 8:11 am

I should just motherfucking change my name.

Sam de la flores?
Posted: Oct 27, 2011 11:59 am

Yeah, what's up wit that?
Posted: Oct 27, 2011 12:46 pm

Mom took off to be a flaky hippie when I was about 10...we didn't talk for about eight years but we're pretty close now...still, it's good that she lives in Indiana and isn't on the Internet.

I have a FB page but all that's on there is my name and where I went to school.
Posted: Oct 27, 2011 6:43 pm

She also used to post frequently on her blog about stuff going on in her life, much of it long before she met me. My family went back and read the entire thing and would then throw stuff in her (and my) face that had happened years before.

I blame Scott Rogers.
Posted: Oct 27, 2011 7:17 pm

so my mom was showing my sisters and their husbands and kids and some aunts and uncles and their kids some youtube videos of some band I'm in...after a couple of those she clicked on some other performance that I did sans pants. We still talk and laugh about that. In fact I'm about to cook them dinner. HI MOM!!!!!
Posted: Oct 27, 2011 7:18 pm

oh did I mention they're both born again christians...They must go to the COOL CHURCH!
Posted: Oct 28, 2011 4:16 am

so much for Stoicism, anyone know the words to Bad Man in spanish
Posted: Oct 28, 2011 9:46 am

At least you have the makings for a good song. "Indian Givers of Love"
Posted: Oct 28, 2011 10:51 am

I think that's a better band name than a song name.
Posted: Oct 28, 2011 3:03 pm

i was a little late coming to facebook.

i looked it over & said -- nope, no way i'm friending family or co-workers.

one of the best decisions i ever made. i'm able to post typical stupid stuff, swear, etc without any thought as to who will give a shit.
Posted: Oct 28, 2011 3:16 pm

Sam de la flores?

Yeah, what's up wit that?

wondered the same thing?
Posted: Oct 28, 2011 3:20 pm

I work with kids, so my FB posts are very kid/family friendly. I am constantly telling the students that they should be very careful what they post to social media. I google prospective teachers even before we run a background check. If there is any stupid shit on their FB, I won't even consider hiring them.
Posted: Oct 28, 2011 8:30 pm

If there is any stupid shit on their FB, I won't even consider hiring them.

Like what? Examples of stupid shit, please.

God...so thrilled that I am my own boss and have a cool job that I don't really need to live a double life...my clients know what I'm about even before we become FB friends. Plus, for fuck's sake, I'm a Mom, and am pretty fucking clean living, damn near monk-like most of the time....go ahead and judge me for going to rock shows occasionally, Mormon cousins! I keep myself pretty unsearchable with privacy settings too. People really are idiots about what they broadcast to the world...
Posted: Oct 28, 2011 10:36 pm

no comments from brad. he probably murdered his family in the meantime. wtg brad
Posted: Oct 29, 2011 3:17 am

yeah i am here and i appreciate the comments. i am thinking and trying to decide how to respond to my mom. i am not ashamed of who i am nor do i believe that i should have to pretend to be anything i am not. i didnt seek out family to friend on facebook, they asked me so if they cant deal with who i am then that is just too fucking bad. family love should be unconditional, i am not going to stop caring about them just because they decided they are better than me or think i am crazy. same goes for my mom, i wouldnt care if she was a murderer, i would still love her for being my mom. thats why the whole shit is so stupid. i am waiting to calm down a little bit and i am gonna give her a call in a couple days and try to have a conversation without it being an argument.
Posted: Oct 30, 2011 2:09 am

I hope you don't call her, and I hope you tell your wife to stop dragging you to their shitty reunions. They sound awful.
As for crazy being hereditary, yeah,it is a lot of the time, but I don't think you inherit being an asshole. You've got a great chance of never being the kind of person who says out of line, accusatory shit at parties or prematurely R.S.V.P.'s for funerals.
There's no reason you have to have that in your life. You are wrong about family. Aside from your wife, you don't owe anybody any allegiance, especially not people who are nasty to you. You are better off not caring.
Sambeaux is right our lives are 90% less stressful since we quit our shitty relatives. In fact, quitting any dealings, whatsoever, with my mom has been better for me physically than quitting any number of other toxic shit I've quit over the years. I'm not kidding, and that's pretty much the gamut of toxic shit.
I am sorry you are going through this. I like to think getting a bad batch of birth family makes you really appreciate the family you choose later in life. it doesn't always. Some people never get over it, but if you can, you'll feel pretty great.
Posted: Oct 30, 2011 10:03 am

People really are idiots about what they broadcast to the world...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150141451936320&set=a.101501 41449746320.329245.697891319&type=3&theater

it's ok, i was in jamaica.
Posted: Oct 30, 2011 11:59 am

Like what? Examples of stupid shit, please.

If their photos/wall are not set to private, I look at what they allow strangers to see. If there are photos of them doing anything illegal that would hurt my business, I can't afford to hire them. If they post photos of them smoking weed or passed out drunk or any overtly sexist/racist/misogynist post, that would qualify. Too much political or religious stuff makes me also wonder about their self awareness, or lack of.

It sucks, but we are all judged by others who wish to feel superior. I have a "colorful" past, I am glad that social media did not exist when I was younger. It would have been ugly.
Posted: Oct 30, 2011 10:28 pm

It sucks, but we are all judged by others who wish to feel superior. I have a "colorful" past, I am glad that social media did not exist when I was younger. It would have been ugly.
makes me also wonder about their self awareness, or lack of.

This is the distinction too many fail to make with online pages, self included. Many are probably too young to care, and it shouldn't be held against them when they do begin to care, since people grow out of things, but it can make or break someone's perspective.
I checked out the people I was applying for internship with through FB and the lady doing the interviewing posted on her public profile that she was internet stalking all her potential picks. In fact, she did a shout out to those that were doing what I was doing by checking them out. Weird. That's about when I opted for more privacy. Also, the googling yourself lesson made me want to be more careful.
However, once I noticed that my friend's blackberry overrided a lot of security settings and allowed private pages on FB to be seen. Maybe just a fluke but it happens.
Posted: Oct 31, 2011 9:11 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

I internet stalk every woman who tells me her full name when she gives me her phone number. A few times I made the mistake of telling them and they acted shocked, wtf?

If I google a potential date and she lists Dave Mathews as one of her favorite bands, it's off, over before it began, I don't care what she looks like.

Also, I don't think family is unconditional. You have to respect eachother, and if that trust it breached, you come back to the table on a conditional basis. Happens again, kick em to the curb.

Also, I wouldn't say you should hide your personal life from coworkers, as much as just maintain a damn sense of professionalism. Do you realy want your boss to see you reliving your college days in a pic of you doing a kegger surrounded by other dorks?

Also, theres something to be said for, "when in Rome, do as the romans do"....I'm practicaly athiest in the catholic sense, but when I eat at my grandparents house I say the damn Sign Of The Cross, I don't mumble under my breath about how it's bullshit...and if some punk cousin tries to do that shit around me I hit them in the back of the head.

If you have a relative making abnoxious political comments over Thanksgiving dinner, you don't fucking argue with them, you tell them how fucking rude they are to be policizing a family event...Point out to them that it's a free fucking country, and not even all Fundamentalist Christians see eye to eye on the issues....
Posted: Oct 31, 2011 9:16 am

politicizing
Posted: Oct 31, 2011 9:28 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

The Christians are the most over the top unashamed, unabashed Facebookers you will ever encounter, and have caused more problems in my department than any other culture....if you google someone, and all you find is blogs about their struggles to find Jesus and spread the word of god and how God will save us all....run like hell....because they also think God will do their jobs for them, or if they half ass it God will fix it, or it's our Christian duty to forgive them.

They aren't fucking playing with a full deck.
Posted: Oct 31, 2011 12:48 pm

Well you know the current Pope was Hitler Youth, as were a few of my distant cousins....Confederate Nazi. That's me.
Posted: Oct 31, 2011 12:58 pm

I can't believe all of your families haven't disowned all of you losers.
Posted: Oct 31, 2011 1:49 pm

I think it helps that my family is European...my Grandmothers grandmother, my great, great grandmother I guess, had two older brothers. When Napoleons army invaded Germany, he made everyone give up their valuables and they stored them in a barn.

That night her brothers snuck away with two wagons, broke into the barn, stole all of the towns valuables and high tailed it to Argentina.

The rest of them got out right after WWI if they were young and able.
Posted: Oct 31, 2011 2:35 pm

patched things up with my mom, fuck my hypocrite aunts.
Posted: Oct 31, 2011 7:05 pm

I have this cousin (or aunt or...? Not sure what the fuck our relation is, actually.)...but she's one of the Mormons in my Mom's step family of small town Oregon caucasians. I wouldn't have her as a FB friend at all except that I am so entertained by her hobby. She makes these fucking freakishly scary, "lifelike", tiny plastic babies. There are photos of new ones every week...each one creepier than the last. I have no idea if she's set to private, but if not, I invite you to check out her disturbing "artwork" here....it's almost so wrong it's right.
Posted: Nov 1, 2011 6:16 am

patched things up with my mom, fuck my hypocrite aunts.
Good call. It sounds like they abused and lost the privilege. But now is a good time to start using Facebook's privacy settings too so that some people have restricted views and don't get to see what you post on other people's wall.
Posted: Nov 1, 2011 7:52 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

Thanks Skank Police just added her as a friend. Does she take the tiny plastic babies to Pro-life rallies attached to the inside of her rain coat to peddle them? Or does she take them to Pro-Choice rallies and is like, "hey you, you want to kill this?" and then flashes them a miniature 1 year old baby sucking on a bottle suggesting that it's a fetus?

I never felt lucky when I was a kid, but I guess I am pretty lucky that my Dad's country family grew up so down trodden that they never got into christianity or politics...and my Mom's family are progressive Catholics...they disliked the last Pope and hate the current Pope. Think women should be allowed to become Priests, and they should all be allowed to get married. My grandfather used to drive Thomas Merton to the jazz clubs on weekends.

Whenever a macho uncle or uptight white aunt tries to go neo conservative my grandmother tells them to shut the fuck up with a tall boy of Coors in her hand.

I've got southern baptist friends who have to much guilt to walk around their own neighborhood with a beer in a plastic cup...ha ha.
Posted: Nov 1, 2011 10:06 am

TB - Everyone knows that baptists don't drink (at least not in front of other baptists).
Posted: Nov 1, 2011 4:10 pm

But now is a good time to start using Facebook's privacy settings too so that some people have restricted views and don't get to see what you post on other people's wall.

are you familiar with my podcast "get drunk and play records"? its up to almost 100 episodes, then theres all the pornographic record covers, the suave motherfuckers, etc.

theres no going back for me, i am who i am and if people dont want to accept me thats too bad. no hiding here.
Posted: Nov 1, 2011 4:11 pm

TB - Everyone knows that baptists don't drink (at least not in front of other baptists).

kinda hypocritical, Jesus' first miracle was turning water into wine, and thats after the wedding party already finished off all they had so you know they werent sober to begin with...
Posted: Nov 1, 2011 6:23 pm

Thanks Skank Police just added her as a friend.

Oh, for fucks sake...well, I reckon she won't trace that back to me since I don't know you...enjoy!
Posted: Nov 1, 2011 11:01 pm

Catholics are coolest out of all the Christian denominations. I got hammered at sanctioned catholic church event once.12oz. Miller taps for the ungodly price of $1. Bonus points. They had pull tabs too!
Posted: Nov 2, 2011 9:22 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

Oh, for fucks sake...well, I reckon she won't trace that back to me since I don't know you...enjoy!

SIKE! I already said I don't do facebook. Maybe that's why you don't know me.

Catholics are coolest out of all the Christian denominations.
I don't know about that, I think they're pretty fucked, especialy southern catholics who get themselves mixed up with Southern Baptists....sure they drink alot and gamble, but they're all pretty screwed up in regard to sex.

Did you know Martin Luther came up with his "95 Theses" while sitting on the toilet? All the monks of his order were supposed to do was farm the fields and make cheese and beer and crap...but Martin Luther had chronic diarrhea so he was always holed up on the crapper thinking up these wild ideas...His superiors even said he had to much time to think up bullshit, so they had to give him "academic projects" to keep his mind occupied. This is also part of why he was so concerned with fasting when he was a Monk, because if you don't eat anything you don't have to shit it out.

He also became a horrible antisemite towards the end of his career. He basicaly turned Germany on a very dark bent. Previously you had King Otto I who extended an open door invitation to all jews across Europe, because he believed that all peoples had a god given purpose and skill, and for the Jewish peoples it was handling money...that's actually where the stereotype of jews being good with money originates from. All of the nomadic Jewish peoples settled in Germany at that time and handled almost all of the banking, the king asked them to. Then a few hundred years later, Martin Luther wanted to kick all jews out of their homes and out of Germany. Historicaly speaking, it was very sick. Guys like Wagner followed in Martin Luther's footsteps, and set the stage for the Nazis. I find it interesting that Nietzsche takes so much heat for being a antisemite, when nothing could be further from the truth...early in his life he was friends with Wagner, but they had a falling out, and he slowly came to view Wagner as a social disease. In fact, he wrote an essay called "Nietzsche Contra Wagner" where he says what a horrible antisemite Wagner is and how stupid and disgusting antisemitism is...he also says he hates music with 'airy' drums and no melody also, but that's besides the point. Wagner on the other hand wrote a response to Nietzsche Contra Wagner, but it's practicaly unreadable because it devolves into an anti-jew diatribe. Nietzsche came from a Lutheran background but he rejected all of that shit, especially the antisemitism.

But yeah, Nietzsche takes alot of heat because the Nazis miscontrued his work, also adding to the confusion is that his brother-in-law who he hated, was a member of the fledgling 3rd Reich, which was around for like a hundred years before the Nazis. When he went insane from syphillis, his sister who he regarded intellectually as a commoner and a dolt got the rights to his work and went about editing it all to her and her husbands own liking...they even went as far as to redo works that had been published previously.

So basicaly all the antisemitism in Germany is due to Martin Luther, because 85 percent of Germany converted to Lutheranism aka Protestantism, only the country folk like my family in the Tuetoberg Forest in Northern Germany stayed Catholic. Then besides Luther, it was Wagners fault, who was the most popular composer in German history...

Man, I'm on a roll today.
Posted: Nov 2, 2011 10:10 am

Zzzzz...
Posted: Nov 2, 2011 10:48 am

live your life as you fully are and draw around you people who accept you for being that person. anything else is conditional love.
Posted: Nov 2, 2011 11:13 am

live your life as you fully are and draw around you people who accept you for being that person. anything else is conditional love.

Oprah couldn't have said it any better.
Posted: Nov 2, 2011 11:29 am

Dude Greg Gonn, german history is cool...you are missing out man.
Posted: Nov 2, 2011 11:32 am

Zzzzz...
Posted: Nov 2, 2011 2:22 pm

I thought Hitler's parents were Catholic and he went to a Catholic school.
Posted: Nov 2, 2011 2:44 pm | Edited by: tigerblinds

Maybe Hitlers parents were catholic, but he was an athiest like me...ha ha (?)...I said 85 percent of Germany converted to Lutheranism, my family didn't...maybe Hitlers didn't too...but point being Martin Luther and Wagner were what made antisemitism so socialy acceptable. Hitler just jumped on board the fascist band wagon.
Posted: Nov 2, 2011 2:49 pm | Edited by: tigerblinds

Read the Martin Luther Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Luther

Luther advocated setting synagogues on fire, destroying Jewish prayerbooks, forbidding rabbis from preaching, seizing Jews' property and money, and smashing up their homes, so that these "poisonous envenomed worms" would be forced into labour or expelled "for all time".[202] In Robert Michael's view, Luther's words "We are at fault in not slaying them" amounted to a sanction for murder.[203] Luther's "recommendations" for how to treat the Jews was a clear reference to the "sharp mercy" of Deuteronomy 13, the punishments prescribed by Moses for those who led others to "false gods".[204]

So mention this to your Fundamentalist Christian in-laws over Thanksgiving Turkey dinner...ha ha (?).
Posted: Nov 2, 2011 6:24 pm

heres some hitler quotes on christianity:

ight of 11th-12th July, 1941:

National Socialism and religion cannot exist together.... The heaviest blow that ever struck humanity was the coming of Christianity. Bolshevism is Christianity's illegitimate child. Both are inventions of the Jew. The deliberate lie in the matter of religion was introduced into the world by Christianity.... Let it not be said that Christianity brought man the life of the soul, for that evolution was in the natural order of things. (p 6 & 7)

10th October, 1941, midday:

Christianity is a rebellion against natural law, a protest against nature. Taken to its logical extreme, Christianity would mean the systematic cultivation of the human failure. (p 43)

14th October, 1941, midday:

The best thing is to let Christianity die a natural death.... When understanding of the universe has become widespread... Christian doctrine will be convicted of absurdity.... Christianity has reached the peak of absurdity.... And that's why someday its structure will collapse.... ...the only way to get rid of Christianity is to allow it to die little by little.... Christianity the liar.... We'll see to it that the Churches cannot spread abroad teachings in conflict with the interests of the State. (p 49-52)

19th October, 1941, night:

The reason why the ancient world was so pure, light and serene was that it knew nothing of the two great scourges: the pox and Christianity.

21st October, 1941, midday:

Originally, Christianity was merely an incarnation of Bolshevism, the destroyer.... The decisive falsification of Jesus' doctrine was the work of St.Paul. He gave himself to this work... for the purposes of personal exploitation.... Didn't the world see, carried on right into the Middle Ages, the same old system of martyrs, tortures, faggots? Of old, it was in the name of Christianity. Today, it's in the name of Bolshevism. Yesterday the instigator was Saul: the instigator today, Mardochai. Saul was changed into St.Paul, and Mardochai into Karl Marx. By exterminating this pest, we shall do humanity a service of which our soldiers can have no idea. (p 63-65)

13th December, 1941, midnight:

Christianity is an invention of sick brains: one could imagine nothing more senseless, nor any more indecent way of turning the idea of the Godhead into a mockery.... .... When all is said, we have no reason to wish that the Italians and Spaniards should free themselves from the drug of Christianity. Let's be the only people who are immunised against the disease. (p 118 & 119)

14th December, 1941, midday:

Kerrl, with noblest of intentions, wanted to attempt a synthesis between National Socialism and Christianity. I don't believe the thing's possible, and I see the obstacle in Christianity itself.... Pure Christianity-- the Christianity of the catacombs-- is concerned with translating Christian doctrine into facts. It leads quite simply to the annihilation of mankind. It is merely whole-hearted Bolshevism, under a tinsel of metaphysics. (p 119 & 120)

9th April, 1942, dinner:

There is something very unhealthy about Christianity (p 339)

27th February, 1942, midday:

It would always be disagreeable for me to go down to posterity as a man who made concessions in this field. I realize that man, in his imperfection, can commit innumerable errors-- but to devote myself deliberately to errors, that is something I cannot do. I shall never come personally to terms with the Christian lie. Our epoch Uin the next 200 yearse will certainly see the end of the disease of Christianity.... My regret will have been that I couldn't... behold ." (p 278)
Posted: Nov 3, 2011 10:14 am

Christian doctrine will be convicted of absurdity....

What does being convicted of absurdity entail? We should all take heed, me especialy I surmise.
Posted: Nov 6, 2011 12:22 am

Catholics are coolest out of all the Christian denominations.
SYKE!!!!

Being the coolest out of alll Christian denominations to me is like taking home the gold medal at the special olympics.

2ND PLACE are fag hags. They'll kick it down almost as quick as them Catholic girls.
Posted: Nov 6, 2011 12:24 am

Also, Hitler, aka Schickelgrueber was born in Austria which is a predominently Catholic country. Apparently he must have got lost somewhere down the line.
Posted: Nov 6, 2011 12:33 am

Dude Greg Gonn, german history is cool...you are missing out man.

I'm 12.5% German. The germanic ancestors that I have were kicked out of Germany back in the 1840s during the days of Kaiser Otto Von Bismarck, way, way before the Nazi shit. My ancestors were some of thee earlier settlers of Milwaukee, Wis. Pretty sure that's where the rock -n- roller in me comes from............................

Bonus: In the grand tradition of unfortunate Tuetonic surnames, my ancestors had the last name of :Hohaus.
Posted: Nov 7, 2011 8:59 am

My grandfathers family was kicked out of Maryland for not being catholic...they made it to Virginia and then came to Kentucky with Daniel Boone threw the Cumberland Gap.

Also, my dad doesn't know what religion he is, we thought he was baptist for a long time, then turns out he was baptized as a kid in a Methodist church....

I don't give a rats ass about being Catholic honestly....if I'm on my death bed I want my Last Rights to complete the set...but if I don't get them it won't keep my ghost up at night.
Posted: Nov 7, 2011 1:40 pm

charming.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®