Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Steve Jobs is a Goner
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 7:00 pm

it's true!
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 7:02 pm

Is he an organ donor?
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 7:03 pm | Edited by: CrucialDude

Apple CEO Steve Jobs delivers the keynote address at the 2011 Apple World Wide Developers Conference in San Francisco on June 6.

(CNN) -- Steve Jobs, the visionary in the black turtleneck who co-founded Apple in a Silicon Valley garage, built it into the world's leading tech company and led a mobile-computing revolution with wildly popular devices such as the iPhone, died Wednesday. He was 56.

The hard-driving executive pioneered the concept of the personal computer and of navigating them by clicking onscreen images with a mouse. In more recent years, he introduced the iPod portable music player, the iPhone and the iPad tablet -- all of which changed how we consume content in the digital age.

More than one pundit, praising Jobs' ability to transform entire industries with his inventions, called him a modern-day Leonardo Da Vinci.

"Steve Jobs is one of the great innovators in the history of modern capitalism," New York Times columnist Joe Nocera said in August. "His intuition has been phenomenal over the years."

Jobs' death, while dreaded by Apple's legions of fans, was not unexpected. He had battled cancer for years, took a medical leave from Apple in January and stepped down as chief executive in August because he could "no longer meet (his) duties and expectations."

Born February 24, 1955, and then adopted, Jobs grew up in Cupertino, California -- which would become home to Apple's headquarters -- and showed an early interest in electronics. As a teenager, he phoned William Hewlett, president of Hewlett-Packard, to request parts for a school project. He got them, along with an offer of a summer job at HP.

Jobs dropped out of Oregon's Reed College after one semester, although he returned to audit a class in calligraphy, which he says influenced Apple's graceful, minimalist aesthetic. He quit one of his first jobs, designing video games for Atari, to backpack across India and take psychedelic drugs. Those experiences, Jobs said later, shaped his creative vision.

"You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future," he told Stanford University graduates during a commencement speech in 2005. "You have to trust in something: your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life."

While at HP, Jobs befriended Steve Wozniak, who impressed him with his skill at assembling electronic components. The two later joined a Silicon Valley computer hobbyists club, and when he was 21, Jobs teamed with Wozniak and two other men to launch Apple Computer Inc.

It's long been Silicon Valley legend: Jobs and Wozniak built their first commercial product, the Apple 1, in Jobs' parents' garage in 1976. Jobs sold his Volkswagen van to help finance the venture. The primitive computer, priced at $666.66, had no keyboard or display, and customers had to assemble it themselves.

The following year, Apple unveiled the Apple II computer at the inaugural West Coast Computer Faire. The machine was a hit, and the personal computing revolution was under way.

Jobs was among the first computer engineers to recognize the appeal of the mouse and the graphical interface, which let users operate computers by clicking on images instead of writing text.

Apple's pioneering Macintosh computer launched in early 1984 with a now-iconic, Orwellian-themed Super Bowl ad. The boxy beige Macintosh sold well, but the demanding Jobs clashed frequently with colleagues, and in 1986, he was ousted from Apple after a power struggle.

Then came a 10-year hiatus during which he founded NeXT Computer, whose pricey, cube-shaped computer workstations never caught on with consumers.

Jobs had more success when he bought Pixar Animation Studios from George Lucas before the company made it big with "Toy Story." Jobs brought the same marketing skill to Pixar that he became known for at Apple. His brief but emotional pitch for "Finding Nemo," for example, was a masterful bit of succinct storytelling.

In 1996, Apple bought NeXT, returning Jobs to the then-struggling company he had co-founded. Within a year, he was running Apple again -- older and perhaps wiser but no less of a perfectionist. And in 2001, he took the stage to introduce the original iPod, the little white device that transformed portable music and kick-started Apple's furious comeback.

Thus began one of the most remarkable second acts in the history of business. Over the next decade, Jobs wowed launch-event audiences, and consumers, with one game-changing hit after another: iTunes (2003), the iPhone (2007), the App Store (2008), and the iPad (2010).

Observers marveled at Jobs' skills as a pitchman, his ability to inspire godlike devotion among Apple "fanboys" (and scorn from PC fans) and his "one more thing" surprise announcements. Time after time, he sold people on a product they didn't know they needed until he invented it. And all this on an official annual salary of $1.

He also built a reputation as a hard-driving, mercurial and sometimes difficult boss who oversaw almost every detail of Apple's products and rejected prototypes that didn't meet his exacting standards.

By the late 2000s, his once-renegade tech company, the David to Microsoft's Goliath, was entrenched at the uppermost tier of American business. Apple now operates more than 300 retail stores in 11 countries. The company has sold more than 275 million iPods, 100 million iPhones and 25 million iPads worldwide.

Jobs' climb to the top was complete in summer 2011, when Apple listed more cash reserves than the U.S. Treasury and even briefly surpassed Exxon Mobil as the world's most valuable company.

But Jobs's health problems sometimes cast a shadow over his company's success. In 2004, he announced to his employees that he was being treated for pancreatic cancer. He lost weight and appeared unusually gaunt at keynote speeches to Apple developers, spurring concerns about his health and fluctuations in the company's stock price. One wire service accidentally published Jobs' obituary.

Jobs had a secret liver transplant in 2009 in Tennessee during a six-month medical leave of absence from Apple. He took another medical leave in January this year. Perhaps mindful of his legacy, he cooperated on his first authorized biography, scheduled to be published by Simon & Schuster in November.

Jobs is survived by his wife of 20 years, Laurene, and four children, including one from a prior relationship.

He always spoke with immense pride about what he and his engineers accomplished at Apple.

"Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do," he told the Stanford grads in 2005.

"If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on."

CNN's Augie Martin contributed to this report.
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 7:16 pm

Damn. Cancer doesn't give a fuck who you are.
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 8:12 pm

Am I supposed to mourn the passing of this corporate overlord and Wall Street giant? Seriously, what's the Central Committee's party line on this one?
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 9:53 pm

my favorite parts of this obit are:

"$666.66"

"Orwellian-themed Super Bowl"

"Computer Faire"

"secret liver transplant in 2009 in Tennessee"
Posted: Oct 6, 2011 7:19 am

Guess I just don't understand why so many people are upset by this. I mean, go on facebook (if you can stand it) and people are acting like he was a family member.
Posted: Oct 6, 2011 8:21 am

he invented computers, music, the internet, and looked good in a turtleneck.
Posted: Oct 6, 2011 9:08 am

Anyone who knows me knows that I hate apple's products and their business model, and I think Jobs was probably an asshole. But he definitely falls in the "you don't have to like 'em but you gotta respect 'em" category.

Also he's my parents age and it's kinda humbling that no amount of money or access to health care could prevent this.
Posted: Oct 6, 2011 9:09 am

Guess I just don't understand why so many people are upset by this. I mean, go on facebook (if you can stand it) and people are acting like he was a family member.

I find it hilarious that it's generally the same people who are trying to get the masses to "Occupy (Insert City)" as a protest of corporate greed. If there's a bigger poster boy of Wall Street over the past ten years, I'd like to know who it is. Fucking pathetic.
Posted: Oct 6, 2011 9:29 am

Steve Jobs is alright, but he didn't have half the style of this other rich fuck business man inventor:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/8027301/Segway-company-owner-di es-riding-two-wheeled-machine-off-cliff.html
Posted: Oct 6, 2011 9:41 am

I find it hilarious that it's generally the same people who are trying to get the masses to "Occupy (Insert City)" as a protest of corporate greed.

But to play devil's advocate, he did start from scratch, successfully take on one of the biggest corporations in the world (IBM) and somewhat win, and was involved in the technical and product development of his company up until the day he could not physically do so. That's light years beyond say, the golden parachute clusterfuckery at Enron and Hewlett-Packard. Or oil company funded cocaine parties for the US Department of the Interior.
Posted: Oct 6, 2011 9:52 am | Edited by: Scott

I was always a fan of this guy.
Posted: Oct 6, 2011 11:08 am

But to play devil's advocate, he did start from scratch, successfully take on one of the biggest corporations in the world (IBM) and somewhat win, and was involved in the technical and product development of his company up until the day he could not physically do so. That's light years beyond say, the golden parachute clusterfuckery at Enron and Hewlett-Packard. Or oil company funded cocaine parties for the US Department of the Interior.

Absolutely. It's endorsement for the best of Capitalism (if you don't mind outsourcing jobs) and was the darling of Wall Street for the past 10 years... I don't think the iphone, ipad, iwhatever was ever going to come out of a party controlled cooperative.
Posted: Oct 6, 2011 11:51 am

i have mixed feelings. I'm not an apple user but work on a PC everyday.
I have always felt Apple was more for toys. We can certainly thank them (or Steve Jobs) for the ubiquity of MP3's.
Posted: Oct 6, 2011 11:52 am

Also, thanks for the notion of disposable technology --- just too bad about all the death/pollution/outsourced jobs/greed it produced.
Posted: Oct 6, 2011 12:20 pm

We can certainly thank them (or Steve Jobs) for the ubiquity of MP3's.Also, thanks for the notion of disposable technology

Disposable MUSIC.
Posted: Oct 6, 2011 1:11 pm

he invented the internet

Actually that was Tim Berners-Lee.

It's a pretty big deal down here in Silicon Valley. I used Macs for years when I worked for U-T Austin. The education market and graphic designers were about all they had back then.

I like user-friendly products but Apple definitely has been displaying signs of corporate arrogance they didn't when they were still the underdogs in the 90s.

That said, he was a pretty brilliant guy. RIP.
Posted: Oct 6, 2011 1:29 pm

"secret liver transplant in 2009 in Tennessee"

hmm. i haven't spent too much time in tennessee, but if i had as much money as steve jobs, i think it'd be pretty far down the list for top places to shop for a new liver. no offense, doods, but i've seen how & what you drink. utah - now that's good liver...
Posted: Oct 6, 2011 2:57 pm | Edited by: tigerblinds

Kentucky is the world leader in hand transplants....Tennesse is probbably the world leader in liver transplants...the medical industry is huge in both places...it's pretty big in Dayton Ohio also. Welcome to my world...it sucks.
Posted: Oct 6, 2011 3:38 pm

It's endorsement for the best of Capitalism(if you don't mind outsourcing jobs)

I do mind the outsourcing (and in-sourcing w/ visas and illegal immigration), but it's unreasonable to hold Jobs to a different standard in than anybody else in the tech industry. Libs tend to be more on the creative and anti-authoritarian side, so I'm surprised there is such an animus towards free enterprise and so much trust in centralized government. Most of the people I knew who were heavily influenced by the 1960's couldn't stand the idea of working for someone else unlike the suburban drones I grew up with in the 1980's.
Posted: Oct 6, 2011 5:32 pm

I bought a $1,200 Macbook a few years ago and it broke within a couple of months. They took it back and "fixed" it. Then it broke again about a month after the warranty ran out. Guess I'll never get my money back now...
Posted: Oct 7, 2011 12:39 pm | Edited by: tigerblinds

Uptight White, that's the demented thing about Libertarianism, they use 60's radicalsim to justify doing away with regulations that were put in place to protect the little guy from the fat cat plantation owners....in the 30's the workers in the sausage factories were loosing limbs and getting no compensation, no one was watching out for them or the consumers eating the shit.

No one should trust a centralised government, that's why we're so big on a multi-party system in this country, we are supposed to exist in the fragile balance.

If libertarians want to have free market system, we should start on a level playing ground....give us all the same amout of wealth and let us fight for supperiority. Why should we lift regulations on Rockefeller? It just gives the wealthy even more power and the poor less. I'll tell you what, if we wind up in that kind of situation I will personaly pick up a weapon and shoot some rich fucks in the head and I'm considered a moderate. If you want a class war that's the quickest way.

There has always been a problem in this country with the rich using their political power to strong hold our nations people...from day one. Some think that was one of the primary motivations of the American Revolution. Ben Franklin used his political power to create a monopoly of the publishing industry in this country...his primary motivation was to put his own brother out of business, but it extended to most of his competitors as well. People were getting very biased news from day one in this country....do you realy want to revert back to that? I mean I'm not sure if we ever changed, but I can't exactly stand for a media that condones mass genocide of native peoples....happened with the American indians, it is debatedly (but there's no question from where I stand) still going on today.

The Weather Underground hated the Federal Government because they saw it as an oppressive tool for the rich, now the rich hate the Federal Government because they see it as regulating their wealth....well fuck them I say.

I don't think anybody has trust in a centralized government, but they see it as a necessary evil...much like the CIA.

I personaly have no problem with outsourcing to other countries, I think it's time we start thinking in terms of "one world government" we are all stuck on this very small planet together. What I have a problem with is outsourcing to utilize sanctioned "slave labour." Which is our nations Foreign Policy...check into it. It's obvert, you have to consider "cause and effect" which is something the American people have denial/disdain/fucktarded learning disability for.

So since you asked...that's my two cents. The have-nots do have to be protected from those that have...there is no way around it...exploitation is the name of the game....Teabaggers like to point out all the ways the Federal Government exploits the people, and then they would turn around and give even more power to the rich who the federal government has served all along anyway....they are stupid as shit and fucktarded.
Posted: Oct 7, 2011 1:02 pm

simple fact is, if it werent for Steve Jobs, we wouldnt be yammering like idiots on the Goner board...you would have to know DOS, a bazillion computer languages and other shit to send a message on one. Anybody who can build a piece of technology that allows granny to see and talk to her grandkids AND that monitors a robot on Jupiter is an exceptional person...even if it was a gaggle of engineers that did the heavy lifting, the fact that he thought it was possible that we would carry computers in our pocket and pursued that dream is what makes him remarkable. He did change the world. It is tantamount to the passing of Edison, Ford or the Wright Brothers.
Posted: Oct 7, 2011 1:22 pm | Edited by: tigerblinds

Bullshit..he is over rated...we would still have all of this pointless bullshit if he had never lived at all.

My Apple IIC was pretty cool...they never topped it. It was the pinacle of portable personal computers.
Posted: Oct 7, 2011 1:27 pm | Edited by: tigerblinds

I think the true genious of the information age is Gene Roddenberry, that's where all these techie dorks stole all their ideas from anyway.

Steve Jobs was just another lucky douchebag, right place at the right time.
Posted: Oct 7, 2011 1:59 pm

Yep. Grew up in Mountain View, CA, so he was able to directly contact people like Dave Hewlitt and Nolan Bushnell and ask for advice, parts, and jobs. Went to school with Steve Wozniak. Early member of the Homebrew Computer Club. Decided that college was costing his parents too much money, so he stopped paying and convinced the administration to allow him to take classes anyway. Etc.
Nothing but luck.
Ignorant asshole.
Posted: Oct 7, 2011 6:38 pm

Woz was the guy who took his money and put on a bitchin' rock show for everybody. Jobs just wore the turtleneck.
Posted: Oct 7, 2011 8:06 pm

The real douchebag is Buckminster Fuller. Fuck that fraudulent moron and his shitty dome houses.
Posted: Oct 7, 2011 8:55 pm

he invented the internet

Actually that was Tim Berners-Lee.

Yeah, no. TBL invented the web. Which runs on the internet. He invented it on a NeXT cube. Manufactured by a company started by...Steve Jobs.

DARPA invented the internet. Ted Nelson tried to invent the web, only better.
Posted: Oct 7, 2011 11:02 pm

everybody knows al gore invented the internet

you people are morans
Posted: Oct 7, 2011 11:32 pm

I forgot how boring Vionel Ritchie was. Sheesh!
Posted: Oct 8, 2011 8:41 am

Bullshit..he is over rated...we would still have all of this pointless bullshit if he had never lived at all.

Hee hee hee!

Yeah, it's all about getting there first.

Can anybody really say who invented the electric guitar? Fender says it's Fender, Rickenbacker says its Rickenbacker, and of course Les Paul.

People are really making a huge deal about this.
Posted: Oct 8, 2011 9:47 am

The real douchebag is Buckminster Fuller.

ooo, i love buckminster fuller.
Posted: Oct 8, 2011 9:52 am

People are really making a huge deal about this.

It really is a big deal. I'm not some kind of crazed Apple fanboy. I hear the guy was an asshole a lot of the time, and I'm perfectly willing to believe it's true.
On the other hand, Steve Jobs was the first one to utilize the mouse in conjunction with a "point-and-click" operating system. Even if he had never done anything else, that revolutionized the life as we know it. If you own a computer and don't know how to program it, it would be completely useless without those two things.
I got my first computer in 1979 (Atari 400 - 16K with a cassette drive!), and I read the programming book that came with it (Basic). Once I learned what could be done with it my first thought was, "Ok, now what?" I wanted it so I could learn how to program a computer, and do amazing computer things. I ended up just playing the video games.
In the 8th grade I took a computer class at school. We had the Apple IIe. I had a leg up in this class because I already knew basic, but I though the class would teach me all the amazing things you could do with a computer that I was somehow missing. I ended up playing video games. I do remember however that there were new computer accessories out there, and people were talking about what possible uses they could have and how they would change the way computers are used. One of those accessories was the mouse. I didn't see much hope for its future. I thought the light pen was the way to go.
Then the first Macintosh came out, and everything was fallen into line behind that. You didn't know it at the time, but that's certainly the way it's played out. Every personal computer on the face of the planet today functions basically the same way that computer did. All of the advancements over the years have been built on the idea that you can use your mouse to point at an image on the screen and make the program work with out having to put any real thought into it. Steve Jobs thought that shit up out of thin air.
And it hasn't changed even today, Windows 7 that every PC user seems to love is pretty much a direct rip-off of Mac OS 10 (just as the original Windows was a rip-off of the original Mac OS) .
I'm not saying Apple products are the best. I don't know enough about computers these days to make that assessment. I spend most of my time here, and on Facebook, and playing video games. You can do that from pretty much any computer you want.
I'm also not saying we wouldn't have computers if it weren't for him. We definitely would, but they would be very different from the computers we know now. There would have been rock and roll without Elvis, but it wouldn't be the same.
What I am saying, is that he was the first. He set the pace and the course for modern computer technology. For better or worse, the computer you are reading this on is a result of the work of Steve Jobs. He is one of the greatest inventors in the course of human history whether you like him or not.
Posted: Oct 8, 2011 10:03 am

Posted: Oct 8, 2011 10:25 am

]But this is true also.

ha ha ha!!

i will admit to making a pilgrimage to the apple store on thursday to pay my respects.

i grew up without money and very weird, and i didn't even know what a computer was until i entered college. at carnegie mellon we had the Apple Orchard--that's where you would go to do everything you needed to do, including inter-college mailing, the precursor to email. (i think carnegie mellon developed that.)

anyway, when i finally bought a computer, it was because i saw my friend making record covers and "art" for a label and thought, "damn, i can do that. i just need a computer." which to me meant an apple, because you couldn't possibly make art on any scale with any other computer. and with that, i got a job doing all kinds of computer-related shit--for good money--and so on and so on.

thank you, steve jobs, for making art as important as engineering with your products.

rip.

(thanks also to adobe and macromedia!)
Posted: Oct 8, 2011 1:32 pm

End credits...
Posted: Oct 8, 2011 3:32 pm

forgot whatta cock guzzler Dick Diggler is. Wow, you're back...get tired of no one paying attention to your washed-up-15-years-ago geriatric ass?
Posted: Oct 8, 2011 4:49 pm

I would say that might be an inappropriate amount of vitriol for such an innocuous comment. At least I'm washed up. You are a never-was. Loser.
Posted: Oct 8, 2011 7:06 pm

I think this board is finally showing a spark again.
Posted: Oct 8, 2011 8:19 pm

Goddamn. Doug Engelbart invented the mouse. Xerox PARC is where the first GUI, overlapping window, networked computers were built and used.
Posted: Oct 8, 2011 9:12 pm | Edited by: bradx

jobs was an asshole billionaire who never gave a nickel back to the world that allowed him to become so successful. he was an entrepreneur not an inventor. he didnt invent anything. he took other people's work and marketed it, and it made him rich. jobs could have used some of his money to make the world a better place, instead he hoarded his wealth.

It's long been Silicon Valley legend: Jobs and Wozniak built their first commercial product, the Apple 1, in Jobs' parents' garage in 1976. Jobs sold his Volkswagen van to help finance the venture. The primitive computer, priced at $666.66, had no keyboard or display, and customers had to assemble it themselves.

steve jobs, dead and in hell.
Posted: Oct 8, 2011 9:16 pm

not only that, he also denied paternity of his own daughter and let her and the mother suffer on welfare while he amassed a fortune.

also he bought himself a liver, stealing it from someone else who might have actually survived 5 years or more.

then theres the child slave labor and rampant suicides at the apple factories in china.

jobs enjoyed all the privileges and perks of being wealthy and did jack shit to help anyone but himself, and he found out the hard way you cant take it with you.
Posted: Oct 8, 2011 9:57 pm

Here, here. Fuck him in his pancreas.

PS. Check it out, he looked like Larry David towards the end:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/record-thin-on-steve-jo bss-philanthropy/2011/10/06/gIQA3YKKRL_story.html
Posted: Oct 8, 2011 11:23 pm

What's so bad about welfare, Mr "There's no one paying me to deliver pizza in the forest?" And how did I end up being the SteveJobber around here?
Posted: Oct 8, 2011 11:47 pm | Edited by: bradx

whats so bad about testifying in court that you are unable to have children while the chick you knocked up and your own child sit on welfare and you enjoy the life of a millionaire?

make all the asshole comments about me you desire, at least i never knocked some bitch up and then abandoned her...

he was a corporate big shot who made a fortune exploiting child slave labor and didnt give a flying fuck about anybody but himself. fuck him and fuck you.
Posted: Oct 9, 2011 7:17 pm

it's really hard to deny this logic:
whats so bad about testifying in court that you are unable to have children while the chick you knocked up and your own child sit on welfare and you enjoy the life of a millionaire?

I hate people who do that. pretty much no amount of macs makes up for a shitty dad-abandoner! wonder if his kids are smart too.

Anyway, Bert Jansch died that same day! I like his songs!!
Posted: Oct 10, 2011 6:27 am

Posted: Oct 10, 2011 8:32 am

Give me a fuckin' break...with all the wife-beating and girl-punching musicians that are celebrated here, THIS is where you are going to try and take the moral high ground?
Posted: Oct 10, 2011 9:10 am

i have to agree.

he's not being celebrated for being a moral saint, a great father, a solid man of his community. he was an entrepreneur, a businessman, a BARON. do you think achievements on these grand scales get accomplished by "nice people"? no way.

underneath every pretty leaf is a pile of shit. don't you know that?
Posted: Oct 10, 2011 11:57 am

Records Richie, when did you stop beating your wife?
Posted: Oct 10, 2011 2:10 pm

i dont know when being rich went from something to hate to a reason for people to be idolized and have reality television shows, but personally, i continue to hate the rich. i respect the people who created the things that he sold, but jobs himself was nothing but a pimp for the hard work of other people, and an asshole who hoarded wealth and eventually learned you cant take it with you. the world without an ipad, ipod, or iphone would arguably be a better place, apple hasnt really mattered since the early 80s.
Posted: Oct 10, 2011 2:39 pm

Jobs was good at tearing things down too!

http://www.friendsofthejacklinghouse.org/
Posted: Oct 10, 2011 2:43 pm

Jobs made old ladies cry!

"When I saw the Jackling house and what Jobs' neglect had done to it, it brought tears to my eyes ... I, too, believe you have a very strong case to stop this demolition. I had feared that no one would have the guts and money to go up against Steve Jobs. Thank you so much."
Posted: Oct 10, 2011 2:47 pm | Edited by: tigerblinds

Steve Jobs was the first one to utilize the mouse in conjunction with a "point-and-click" operating system

Oh he did that? that motherfucker. I was pulling for the joystick or some sort of opitical device...then they came out with this bullshit called a mouse...I still hate the motherfucker who invented that, Jobs apparently.

Also not attacking you Scott...but am I the only one who thinks rocknroll would probbably be better if Elvis wasn't such an overblown phenomenon w/ the retarded assed teenyboppers?..I mean who do you think was a bigger influence on The Beatles? Elvis or The Everly Brothers? Jobs couldn't even come up with an original name for his company so he had to steal one from The Beatles...the surviving members won the lawsuit back in 2006...what happened was when Apple was starting up in the late 70's they had to colicense the name from The Beatles and never held up their end of the deal.

Jobs was a douche...plus I don't think the ceo of Nintendo actually developed the Wii stick...it's his product development team...the CEO just gets credit for it.

Kind of like Elvis didn't write any of his own material, or play a significant role in engineering or instrumentation.

Why the fuck do followers need a christ? I don't understand it...it's lamesville.
Posted: Oct 12, 2011 9:17 pm

underneath every pretty leaf is a pile of shit. don't you know that?

I guess. and yes I love my mac computer. and Bert Jansch was probably a chain-smokin drug-addled son of a gun, which ain't sayin much.

I don't see it as taking the moral high-ground by pointing out that Jobs sounds like a douche-job.

I kind of see the yin and yang in it. It seems like with people like him- revolutionary in some way or nother, that they do a lot of good and equally a lot of bad. The one tends to cancel the other out. It's order of magnitude that makes it interesting. Like that a zillionaire would try and dick his way out of taking care of his kid with the dumbest excuses, or that he iconically led a cult of zeal over cutting edge technology.
Posted: Oct 13, 2011 9:30 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

I pretty much agree with HennyPenny

Last nite I told my Dad I thought it was bullshit that the extremely wealthy can get away with paying virtualy no taxes through investor tricks/economic loop holes.

He told me that the only person I should blame is myself for not becoming a millionaire so I can do the same thing. Fuck that, the way I see it is that it's his fault for giving me bullshit advice like how I should finish college....Steve Jobs didn't finish college, Bill Gates didn't finish college. Then he said "investor loopholes aren't illegal" to which I responded "they fucking should be."

The world would be no different if Steve Jobs was never born, just like some body else would have invented the electric guitar if Les Paul had never lived.

Here's the real story, Steve Jobs was a geeky brat riding a wave of technology and by a stroke of luck was a success and then died of cancer just like the rest of us normal schmoes probbably will. He tricked alot of folks into thinking he was revolutionary and cool, but in truth he was always still just the same old stupid motherfucking geek like Elvis. In the end they died and defecated on themselves just like GG Allin. Only difference is the cotton blend of the sheets they shat themselves on. Also like GG Allin they did as much harm as good. You can't win when you're realy just looking out for #1, life is a mixed bag. The end.

P.S. one other difference, Elvis shat himself on leopard print sheets.
Posted: Oct 13, 2011 11:06 am

<I> he found out the hard way you can't take it with you</i>

It seems he may not have put up a very good fight, regardless.

http://www.quora.com/Steve-Jobs/Why-did-Steve-Jobs-choose-not-to-effec tively-treat-his-cancer
Posted: Oct 13, 2011 12:37 pm

more important then Jobs

http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/13/dennis-ritchie-pioneer-of-c-program ming-language-and-unix-repo/

just cause you're ignorant doesn't mean it's not so
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®