Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Gonerfest - Pics
Posted: Sep 22, 2011 10:08 pm

Already! I only go to the day shows, but here are some pics from this afternoon's opening.
More tomorrow...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alisa_in_memphis/sets/72157627731599956/d etail/
Posted: Sep 23, 2011 5:38 am

Great!
Posted: Sep 23, 2011 7:26 am

Nice! More please! x
Posted: Sep 23, 2011 9:11 am

good work!
Posted: Sep 23, 2011 10:13 am

my goodness, everyone looks so clean cut and well-behaved.
Posted: Sep 23, 2011 12:53 pm

Gonerfest 8 headbands?! A nod to the Aussie invasion and that country's finest export, Olivia Newton John? Damn, wish I could be there.
Posted: Sep 23, 2011 1:39 pm

Thanks, y'all. Jenna, it's only Thursday!
I really want one of those headbands. No kidding.

Off to Uncle Lou's Fried Chicken with a Canadian - then to the Buc. More later, I'm sure!
Posted: Sep 24, 2011 10:39 am

More snaps from Friday afternoon at the Buc start on this page:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/alisa_in_memphis/sets/72157627731599956/d etail/?page=3

However, I didn't get any band pics at all. Couldn't get close enough to the tent...it was packed up there! Probably better band photoing today at Murphy's.

Also, if anyone wants me to take their photo down for some reason just let me know. Thanks for letting me take yer pichur!
Posted: Sep 24, 2011 11:04 am

Love it! Thanks, Alisa :)
Posted: Sep 24, 2011 11:08 am

Great stuff Alisa, see you at Murphy's later.
Posted: Sep 24, 2011 11:12 am

Thanks, Muddy.
See you in a little bit, Gary. Get ready for your closeup, as I haven't gotten you yet!
Posted: Sep 25, 2011 12:37 pm

Kind of went overboard at Murphy's...a ton from Saturday afternoon starts here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/alisa_in_memphis/sets/72157627731599956/d etail/?page=5
Feel free to post who's in the pictures in the comments.

Thanks to all of you for such a great weekend. It's always so great to see all y'all again, and to get an earful in the process. See you next year!
And...next year maybe I'll finally meet the elusive Cole!
Posted: Sep 25, 2011 2:04 pm

I'm really sorry Alisa. I didn't go to the day shows...just the night ones. I had a brother-in-law in town who was helping do some carpentry stuff that I had been putting off for awhile.

I have to say something here though...all you Memphians have always been great to me and I really appreciate it. That being said, after this Gonerfest I realized that I can only hang with Australians...dammit, those are my peoples.
Posted: Sep 25, 2011 7:20 pm

Thank you, Alisa.
Posted: Sep 25, 2011 8:27 pm

Thank YOU, Jack Stands. The hardest working man in show biz...(along with Luke Warm...)

One of these days, Cole...!
Posted: Sep 26, 2011 5:54 pm

Thanks Alisa! Great shots... everyone looks so happy... it was a fantastic Saturday!
Posted: Sep 26, 2011 7:19 pm

Aw, Eric...yes it was! Everyone was really happy to be there. It was just great.
Posted: Sep 27, 2011 10:29 am

All lookers...not an ugly person in the bunch...

You would think this message board would be less bitter with so many winners from the evolutionary food chain.
Posted: Sep 27, 2011 4:45 pm

great shots alisa!! it was good to see you :)
Posted: Sep 27, 2011 5:41 pm

You too, alita!
Posted: Sep 28, 2011 9:20 am

Awesome photos. I checked out some of your other series also. You make me wish I had brought my Canon t12...but probbably made the right choice w/ things disappearing from the hotel room as they were.

I will post camcorder footage on youtube as soon as I can get my camera bag out of bedbug quarantine in a garbage bag in the trunk of my car. It's a first gen. Sony digital with a pzm mic attached to it. It fits my fucktarded style pretty well.
Posted: Sep 28, 2011 12:28 pm

Thanks, tigerblinds. Damn, the Motel 6 wasn't very good to you, was it?
Posted: Sep 28, 2011 12:36 pm | Edited by: tigerblinds

Pretty much the only perk was telling people that I was staying at 'Motel Sex.'

I don't know why I don't hang out in Memphis all of the time, it's only 5 hours away. Want to start a band?

I could probbably get a job where I divide my time between my hospital and Memphis Hospital, but it might entail becoming a soul sucking salesman...
Posted: Sep 28, 2011 4:44 pm

Want to start a band?

YES! No talent. I know 4 chords.....in other words, I'm perfect.
Posted: Sep 28, 2011 7:32 pm

I know 4 chords

4??? fuckin hell, dude! you can be in a yes tribute band with stands!
Posted: Sep 29, 2011 9:53 am

That's probbably the least garage thing about my band...the fact that they want me to learn the notes on my bass. I almost got them all down, I keep trying to explain to them that I had 2 years of adult education night class guitar lessons when I was in high school. It was me and 8 senior citizens. Then I conscientiously regected all formal guitar learning when I figured out it wouldn't help me with John Lee Hooker songs.

They have all these high falutin arguments about why I have to learn the notes....like if I don't I'm kicked out of the band.

I don't agree with it, but I'm doing it.
Posted: Sep 29, 2011 5:36 pm

it might entail becoming a soul sucking salesman...

You're already that! The perfect description of a bass guitarist.
:)
Posted: Sep 29, 2011 5:52 pm

Boo, Alisa, boo.

Where's Bullyrook's pics yet? There's a couple of special ones I'm waiting on!
Posted: Sep 30, 2011 7:35 am

all these high falutin arguments about why I have to learn the notes....like if I don't I'm kicked out of the band.

Well I just got a big fretboard chart and pasted it to the back of my bass amp...that solves that dillema.
Posted: Sep 30, 2011 7:44 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

Yeah, I like how modest I seem playing bass guitar....then you throw in some bass leads, I've even been sliding down the neck ala Wipe Out and people are impressed. It's easier to impress folks (especially nonmusician girls) and you seem cool and noncommittal. Then if you're just singing backup, but hit the notes better and with more confidence then the singer, it seems like your holding back...you get more respect with half the work....yeah maybe I should become a salesman. I finaly just learned the songs well enough to sing back up.

Motel 6 definately has bed bugs...I read online they had a bed bug problem and doused my body in bug spray everytime I took a shower, so the only place they had to bite me was on my scalp. I haven't gotten any new bites since I got home, neither has anyone else in my party...but Josh has 4 in row on his hand, and then 2 up his arm. These are definately the same sorts of sores all the crackheads at my hospital walk around with....they're definately bed bugs.

Will I stay at Motel 6 again? Depends on my budget. Renting a house for the weekend sounds like a pretty rad idea.
Posted: Sep 30, 2011 9:53 am

Kidding, Jack...kidding!
I wonder if the Canadians and Gary got bed bugs too. They were staying at the same place.

Bully always takes forever with his pics! I want to see them too!
Posted: Sep 30, 2011 10:31 am

Alot of Goners were...Ben, Clare....between us Motel 6ers and Gen Xers...we drank all the beer at the gas station on the corner at Union and Perlene or whatever it is....all they had was 20oz malt liquor and hard lemonade.
Posted: Sep 30, 2011 1:12 pm

its like Pink FLoyd, Wish I were here.
Posted: Sep 30, 2011 7:58 pm

Turns out I heard wrong and Josh has 40 bedbug bites up his arm not 4. We think it was a hotel blanket he used, because it happened the last night we were there, and the AC was crankin so he used this wool blanket...but anyway they surea hella was bedbugs in that der hotel.
Posted: Sep 30, 2011 10:38 pm

Those things will get into your luggage and shit...I hope you washed and/or garbage bagged EVERYTHING when you got home...

I got a bunch of bites when I left my ex-husband and moved into a (totally spotless) furnished sublet for 4 months. Luckily, all I really had with me were clothes. The prop manager said they'd never had them before there, but my whole torso was a constellation of welts. Fortunately after a good spraying of poison, washing every single thing I could, and bagging the rest for 24 hours, they never came back. Fuckers...
Posted: Oct 3, 2011 4:50 am

I wonder if the Canadians and Gary got bed bugs too. They were staying at the same place.

No bugs on me! My room was pretty clean, but I'm sure the quality of rooms at a Motel 6 is going to be a bit random.
Posted: Oct 3, 2011 8:16 am

I still have everything in garbage bags in the trunk of my car....kind of sucks because I had a new pair of tennis shoes and my prozac in there.

None of us have had any new bites. Don't ask me why but I was in a cracked out American's Best this weekend that was only 35 bucks on a saturday and they let you pay cash...and they had a fridge and wasn't that much shittier than the Motel 6.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®