Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Why did you all stop listening to Vee Dee?
Posted: Jul 25, 2011 3:35 pm

Because they're awesome.
Posted: Jul 25, 2011 3:42 pm

because they wouldn't play the west coast so i wound up forgetting all about them.
Posted: Jul 25, 2011 4:24 pm

kaleidoscope death ray-eeeeeee!
Posted: Jul 25, 2011 7:26 pm

listened to that first cd on my drive down to hanover, pa this evening through rolling green hills with corn growing everywhere. thanks for the reminder, sam! as soon as it came on christine was singing along with it and four songs later she asked," who is this again?" neither of us had heard it in awhile.
Posted: Jul 25, 2011 8:03 pm

So awesome. Wish they'd tour.
Posted: Jul 26, 2011 12:41 am

So awesome.

SO. Awesome.

New(ish) 3rd s/t album is amazing too!
Posted: Jul 26, 2011 1:06 am

midwest tet
Posted: Jul 26, 2011 8:20 am

Thought they broke up awhile ago. Really good band, I just need slightly more of an abrasive edge than the stuff I was hearing...like some Lamps or Clone Defects. I listen to smooth mid tempo teengenerate style punk or well crafted rock songs that combine sexy grooves with abrasive noise..or somewhere in between that, like an interesting middle ground,Vee Dee could become allot of peoples favorite band though...I just need more gnarliness to keep track of them in my gnarly brain.
Posted: Jul 26, 2011 8:25 am

You know, I've been listening to allot of LiveFastDie and Throbbin Urges, shit like that....VeeDee's first album was allot like that as I remember them, and that's probably why I remember them.
Posted: Jul 26, 2011 3:04 pm

BJoe, theirs is the stuff you need to be putting out! Get the two latest lps. It's what people who smoke drugs should be listening to!
Posted: Jul 26, 2011 3:28 pm

i like them a lot and i know their 2nd 2xLP, but it's not for me to release. BG stuff will be few and far between, but it's all gonna have a common theme that veedee don't fit. i just turned down a great album by a band cuz it's wasn't quite right for my mission, even though i loved it.
Posted: Jul 26, 2011 3:31 pm

but wait til you hear wizzard sleeve covering this:

Posted: Jul 26, 2011 8:45 pm

Penicillin.
Posted: Jul 28, 2011 3:04 pm

mid
west
tet
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®