Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Best dishwashing music?..
Posted: Jul 21, 2011 10:55 pm

we were doing some dishes and I pulled out a couple of LP's from our Ikea showroom of said product......first was the Raunch Hands "Have a Swig"..which , I think, because of a very similar riff..led to the Fluid's "Freak Magnet", and then "Roadmouth"...haven't listened to any of those in quite a while...but fuckin' A...those were some great bands...and our dishes are done!..
Posted: Jul 21, 2011 10:57 pm

bday party junk yard, though some may get broken
Posted: Jul 21, 2011 11:56 pm

tyvek
Posted: Jul 22, 2011 1:28 am

Posted: Jul 22, 2011 9:30 am

I would not recommend 7"s because you'll have to go flip 'em with yer hands all sudsy.
Posted: Jul 22, 2011 9:33 am

http://onesidedwar.blogspot.com/2009/07/dishwasher-music-to-wash-d ishe s-by-vol.html

ha! order that here: http://www.slovenly.com/catalog/

there's also a 7" (sorry for the too short for actual dishwashing format) by los fregaplatos (literally "the dishwashers") there. pete slovenly plays drums on it.
Posted: Jul 22, 2011 10:11 am

Mono Men Skin and Tonic is good dish washing music.

I think Pipe is good dish washing music, or Steal Pole Bathtub.

Halo of Flies is good dish washing music.

Speaking of washing dishes, I was talking to some scumfuck hardcore kids who started a zine library supposedly and they had never heard of Dish Washer Pete....what the fuck?..some of the best zines weren't even political...the dumbasses.
Posted: Jul 22, 2011 10:28 am

Steel Pole Bathtub
Posted: Jul 22, 2011 10:53 am

Posted: Jul 22, 2011 11:56 am

Coasters greatest hits, Neu's first, then the theme song to Life Goes On.
Posted: Jul 23, 2011 7:16 pm

Posted: Jul 24, 2011 11:48 pm | Edited by: Uptight White

Halo of Flies - Music for Insect Minds - best music for tedious physical labor for those not interested in finding the inherent zen in menial tasks.
Posted: Jul 25, 2011 11:34 am

Yeah I listened to the bands I mentioned all weekend...at the end of Steel Pole Bathtub Butterfly Love album it's got one of those repeating grooves for when you've done so many dishes you just don't give a fuck about flipping the record anymore....kind of like after about 12 or 15 hours on the greyhound....the niche groove is nice and psychotic also.
Posted: Jul 25, 2011 12:48 pm

....the niche groove is nice and psychotic also.

I like how the moans turn into "I'm high..."
That record drove drove my mom nuts when I was in high school. Got the record on that tour, they opened for Flaming Lips and slayed!, and continued to do so every time I saw them after that. Great band.
Posted: Jul 26, 2011 9:03 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

Yeah, when I have to describe it for folks I call it 90's Mudhoney rock, how about you?
Posted: Jul 26, 2011 12:42 pm

Ferchrissake, don't make the same mistake I did and listen to Scott Walker 3 while washing dishes! If you're a middle aged, depressed, (ex-)housewife like me, it'll send you right over the edge!
Posted: Jul 27, 2011 6:29 pm

Beef chooses Sabbath
Posted: Jul 28, 2011 7:40 am

or any of his other early swing stuff.
Posted: Jul 28, 2011 5:33 pm

pROFFESSIONAL dishwashing music?Or at home?
Pro- speed death metal
home- nina simone(mississippi god damn)
Posted: Jul 28, 2011 10:20 pm

Posted: Jul 29, 2011 3:12 am

[i]Speaking of washing dishes, I was talking to some scumfuck hardcore kids who started a zine library supposedly and they had never heard of Dish Washer Pete....what the fuck?..some of the best zines weren't even political...the dumbasses.[/]

Agreed.

The 101'rs and/or Screaming Trees first lp- but that's just kinda what I've been listening to anyway. Maybe Wipers. Fuck I don't know; dishwashing is for suckers.
Posted: Jul 29, 2011 7:44 am

Realy? I was just listening to every Screaming Trees track on Youtube here at work a few weeks ago. I drove to work listening The Catheters this morning almost the same thing (cool macho deranged off key Seatle Rock) a generation later.

I like how all that early "grunge" was just americanized Australian Punk.
Posted: Jul 29, 2011 10:43 am

How do you not know about dishwasher Pete? He was on Letterman for pete's sake. He did this stupid human trick where he could light his thumb on fire and not feel it. It's probably on YouTube if you're into that sort of thing. Speaking of zine collections, I know MCTC somehow got a hold of Chris Dodge's zine collection. The Mentors live album would do for washing dishes cuz Duce uses a splash symbol and then you can hit the dishwater simultaneously for true defecation stereo surround
Posted: Jul 29, 2011 11:07 am

Feel the Darkness
Posted: Jul 29, 2011 3:13 pm

How do you not know about dishwasher Pete? He was on Letterman for pete's sake. He did this stupid human trick where he could light his thumb on fire and not feel it. It's probably on YouTube if you're into that sort of thing.

that wasn't pete - that was his friend pretending to be him so he could get on tv...

Posted: Aug 1, 2011 9:04 pm

BLACK FLAG.
Posted: Aug 5, 2011 7:41 pm

so awesome that they had the real him on the show.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®