Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / In search of a recent music vid from a "Goner Friendly" band
Posted: Jul 18, 2011 3:33 pm

There's was a vid I saw posted here (?) maybe late last year. The band was walking around and there was a scene where they were jumping down an outdoor stone stairway while they were singing and it was perfectly synched.

What the fuck was it, donkeyfuckers???
Posted: Jul 18, 2011 3:38 pm

found it. i coulda sworn it was black mamba beat, but it was black time. funny, a dude from BMB didn't even know what i was talking about...
Posted: Jul 18, 2011 3:40 pm

Posted: Jul 18, 2011 10:26 pm

That's a great video.
Posted: Nov 29, 2011 10:23 am

ain't it? smiles.
Posted: Nov 29, 2011 11:24 am

That's the wrong video...this is the right video:

Posted: Nov 29, 2011 11:31 am

"my eyes itch bad, cause cats used to live here."
Posted: Nov 29, 2011 11:57 am

ha! i saw that vid a couple weeks ago.
Posted: Nov 29, 2011 1:09 pm

Seems like it was posted a couple of years ago...the classics only get better with age.
Posted: Nov 29, 2011 1:42 pm

glad to know i'm not the only one with a drop ceiling in his house.
Posted: Nov 29, 2011 1:45 pm

and gladder that he didn't find my vacuum!

STOP IT, YOU'RE IN YOUR 30S!
Posted: Nov 29, 2011 5:27 pm

I found out black time played Columbus from BLACK TIME, like a year later. I bought a couple tour tapes off them (they shipped them to the US for like $10 total) and got into a conversation. Pissed me off. That video makes me want to jam some right now. Would've loved to see them...
Posted: Nov 29, 2011 7:43 pm

Shit! And now I just learned Controlled Bleeding played Columbus last month. NOBODY TELLS ME NUTHIN!
Posted: Nov 30, 2011 8:36 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

So you don't "do" facebook either huh? Yeah, whatever happened to hanging up flyers and advertising on the Goner board?

Hell I should get a personal invite damn it.
Posted: Nov 30, 2011 8:42 am

i don't do the facebook either. i usually count on my lady, or someone else to say "are you going to _____?"

"hey, are you going to the party at your house tomorrow night?"

"uh.....didn't know about it...i'll probably go."
Posted: Nov 30, 2011 8:47 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

I need an invitation on formal letterhead for liability purposes.
Posted: Dec 1, 2011 8:16 pm

Hey, I put that record out. I may still have a few copies kicking around in a closet too.
Posted: Dec 1, 2011 8:18 pm

The Black Time record-not the other one.
Posted: Dec 1, 2011 8:19 pm

The Black Time record-not the other one.
Posted: Dec 1, 2011 9:08 pm

i want one!
Posted: Dec 1, 2011 9:26 pm

Dude! I'll take one, too, if you still got 'em!
Posted: Dec 2, 2011 3:30 am

Goner had them. They were great live too. Matt had one of the most fancy English accents I have ever heard, said things like "Bully!" and "Cheers!" a lot and sounded really awesome when he'd order beers with names like Arrogant Bastard.

Let me see how many copies I have around still. Black Time RULE!
Posted: Dec 2, 2011 12:04 pm

Black Time - are they still at it? they came through here not so long ago .... saw them the time before that (06?). always good to see an English band that can rock in an original manner
Posted: Dec 2, 2011 5:09 pm

So you don't "do" facebook either huh?

I actually do facebook, but only get on there every week or two. I guess I need to like every band I ever might possibly want to see so I can get updates. But then they'd probably invite me to every show they do all over the world and I'd stop even looking at the notifications. I can't win...
Posted: Dec 2, 2011 6:14 pm

They put out some records in the last year or two. Not too sure what their status is now. They were great live.
Posted: Dec 5, 2011 7:46 am

This is the right video!

Posted: Dec 5, 2011 9:19 am

I think I've seen footage of that same drummer playing behind J.B. Lenoir. He's awesome.
Posted: Dec 5, 2011 1:48 pm | Edited by: tigerblinds

Yeah...I like the bass player Jack Myers...cold as ice. They backed alot of the Chicago greats, including most of the early Buddy Guy recordings. I don't know the story but what I gather from youtube is that those guys toured Europe alot, and realy realy liked to wear sunglasses and berets on stage.
Posted: Dec 5, 2011 1:55 pm

Posted: Dec 5, 2011 2:05 pm

otis rush rules! i'm lucky enough to have one of his 45s on cobra records.
Posted: Dec 6, 2011 12:22 pm

Guess his name is Freddy Belows. Amazing!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®