Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Posted: Jun 27, 2011 9:28 am

am looking for the Chunked & Muddled and What We Do LPs. Anyone?
Posted: Jun 27, 2011 9:33 am

Saw them play once. On robotussin. Amazing.
Posted: Jun 27, 2011 9:49 am

i have what we do. if you ever come and visit its yours. i'd send it to you, but i got a $500 deductible to pay for the parked car i hit. fuck, i'm dumb. and i was gonna buy a dining table.
Posted: Jun 27, 2011 9:50 am

am looking for the Chunked & Muddled and What We Do LPs. Anyone?

Man, good luck - I haven't seen those LPs around since the Nineties... great records though... (great band live too) they used to play Chicago all the time - or so it seemed...
Posted: Jun 27, 2011 10:07 am

I only got a couple 7 inchers....not sure if they got a suitcase bassdrum or not.
Posted: Jun 27, 2011 5:15 pm

nah, they used a beer case for the bass drum
Posted: Jun 28, 2011 7:46 am

Realy? Because it sounds like a shoe box to me.
Posted: Jun 28, 2011 10:54 am

I got the first three 45s years ago and I always thought I would stumble upon one of their records some day. Yesterday Phil Shark posted this live recording of Doo Rag on FB and when I saw it I realized not only that I still don't have those LPs but also how much I really would like to have em.
Bazooka Joe, I'll come and pick that one up sometime together with some food and drinks!

Posted: Jun 28, 2011 10:55 am | Edited by: Jasper de Wilde

beer case!
Posted: Jun 28, 2011 10:58 am

has anyone here ever heard thermos' imaginary video game music project called coin? that was pretty fun.
Posted: Jun 28, 2011 11:38 am

I ran across their LPs once or twice and didn't pick them up...if I could go back and pick up all the great shit I missed out on because I was too poor the world would be perfect...I got an awesome 7 inch collection crappy LP selection.
Posted: Jun 30, 2011 7:58 am

Scat Rag Boosters are cool to! Cranked that shit last night yall! Only got 7 inches by them too....shucks!
Posted: Jul 2, 2011 3:46 pm

Scat Rag Boosters were great indeed. Saw them a couple of times live and got about all their stuff.
Posted: Jul 2, 2011 4:45 pm

another band i've never heard but wanted to. weird.
Posted: Jul 16, 2011 1:34 am

I have an extra What We Do LP. Let me know if you still need a copy. prb.assoc@gmail.com.
Posted: Jul 18, 2011 9:08 am

Dude Joe...get on it...Scat Rag Boosters are sounding better with age.
Posted: Jul 18, 2011 12:11 pm

prb_associate, I sent you an email.
Posted: Jul 18, 2011 2:20 pm | Edited by: Uptight White

I saw Bob Logg III a few times in the late 1990's, but I never remembering hearing much about Doo Rag. They really howled.
Posted: Jul 19, 2011 9:15 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

I've only seen Bob Log twice but he vomited in his helmet both times. Doo Rag was pretty common in record bins in the late 90's. I passed on shit I regret now. If only I was a Hilton.
Posted: Jul 19, 2011 9:33 am

you're a hilton.
Posted: Jul 19, 2011 9:34 am

see what i did there?
Posted: Jul 19, 2011 9:55 am

saw doo rag on the sidewalk on elm street in Dallas...they were supposed to play at Trees but some sort of booking error or whatever ended up in a cancelled show...so they just set up on the sidewalk and played...pretty great.

The Bob Logg III video where hundreds of pairs of panties are thrown at him from out of frame "coming from the audience" was genius.
Posted: Jul 19, 2011 10:01 am

Saw Doo Rag at CBGB sometime in the mid-'90s. It must've been after they toured with Crash Worship, as there was a decent-sized crusty contingent in the audience. Gotta say, they helped to make the gig even more fun, with all their dancing and carrying on.
Posted: Jul 19, 2011 11:25 am

Posted: Jul 20, 2011 1:31 am

I saw those two play the 7 th street entry v
Back in the mid 90s. But I wAs blacking out. I just remembered the fact that I saw them and I've been deliberatly wasting your time. That is all/
Posted: Jul 20, 2011 1:44 am

Yeah for sure about the Budwieser returnable bottle box used for percussion. They had some scumfuck not even a barback fucker bring a new returnable bottle box out once the drummer fuckefd it up. I'm pretty sure they were from Az. So perhaps professor Mark Beef mAy have acces to thee sought after re ord in which you seek
Posted: Jul 20, 2011 8:59 am

How can we rule out an ammo box? Could have been a shoe shine box...I'm back to my suitcase theory.
Posted: Jul 20, 2011 9:05 am

I actually saw it happen. I noticed in that vid somebody provided before the drum player had an elaborate drum kit, but when I went and saw them it was way more primal and primitive. I think I even saw a pie tin in addition to the beer case. I had the Flipside where they were on the cover. . . .
Posted: Jul 20, 2011 6:22 pm

it was beercases, but he preferred to get them from bars because the cardboard was waxed
Posted: Jul 21, 2011 11:22 pm

yep budweiser beercase...won't stop tigerblinds from his conspiracy theorizing
Posted: Jul 22, 2011 9:55 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

I heard it was a fortified cereal box....Bob Logg told me he thought it was a pizza box but it was to many beers ago to be sure.
Posted: Jul 22, 2011 10:27 am

Hey Jasper, that video you posted, is that Rogier on drums?
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®