Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Reatards - Grown Up Fucked Up LP
Posted: Jun 20, 2011 5:45 pm

Anyone have any idea how much an Empty Records press of this is worth these days? I hate to let it go, but times are tough lately...
Posted: Jun 20, 2011 6:08 pm

Posted: Jun 21, 2011 2:09 am

that is my new favorite website!
Posted: Jun 21, 2011 8:05 am

What about my cd?
Posted: Jun 21, 2011 8:08 am

cd's nutz!
Posted: Jun 22, 2011 11:07 pm

that's funny, i picked up that Teenage Hate LP when they played SF with the Wongs in 90..whatever, or was it 2000's?...dunno, but that grown up fucked up lp never held a candle to it in my book..what the hell is the OG T. Hate LP going for then?...i distinctly remember having a conversation with Jay about You Fucked up my Dreams and how i couldn't get it outta my head, and he told me it was about his dad and he wrote it when he was fucking 13!?!....RIP...
Posted: Jun 23, 2011 8:15 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

Just like I gravitate towards Raw Power, I prefer Grown Up Fucked Up with that gnarly electric fiddle solo or whatever it is...

I remember walking around campus with that shit in my walkman conveniently tucked away in my backpack....Jay was 2 years younger than me but it didn't matter.

Those were the days...later on I would drink so much special brew I would vomit on myself and I felt damn cool about it. Even if my shirt was stained purple.
Posted: Jun 23, 2011 5:58 pm

obviously it's about his dad! "i never had a father, i never had a real dad, and that just fucked me up, it made me really mad. when i was a little guy you know i used to cry, now i just scream. you fucked up my dreams."

pretty obvious.
Posted: Jun 23, 2011 8:15 pm

pretty obvious.

silly me..
Posted: Jun 23, 2011 11:19 pm

i'm fucked up and listening to "she's a pest" but i'm gonna put on teenage hate now and grown up next. is one really better than the other?
Posted: Jun 23, 2011 11:57 pm

yup. ones better than the other.
Posted: Jun 23, 2011 11:59 pm

fucked up

grown up

this record taught me a thing or two.
Posted: Jun 24, 2011 3:20 am

he told me it was about his dad and he wrote it when he was fucking 13!?!....

obviously it's about his dad! "inever had a father, i never had a real dad

Then later, on Screaming Hand 7",

But that young boy, he's older now/ thought life was simple, but he's finding out / Just how hard it was, for this old man / with an empty beer bottle, and a screaming hand

And last I heard, he left his house to his old man.

For better or worse, Dads do shit that seem completely fucked up to teenagers sometimes. Sometimes they really are; sometimes, they're not.

Called my Dad a Facist once. He was mad I went to Danzig whilst grounded.
Posted: Jun 24, 2011 1:04 pm | Edited by: tigerblinds

Fucked Up Grown Up, now we're talkin...for us guys carrying the torch.

I called my dad a fascist a million times, my voice only cracked about 95% of the time.
Posted: Jun 24, 2011 1:10 pm

Called my Dad a Facist once. He was mad I went to Danzig whilst grounded.

are you the kid that got pulled out of line outside the Antenna by their parents?
Posted: Jun 24, 2011 1:15 pm

Ha, no. But I saw that, and saw him a few years ago at a Buccaneer show.
Posted: Jun 24, 2011 1:29 pm

That shit was hilarious
Posted: Jun 24, 2011 1:39 pm

Mom: GET IN THIS CAR NOW!
Posted: Jun 24, 2011 2:14 pm

The whole "you have your whole life to write your first album" thing is a little weird when you're 16. The first album Jay was excited to be putting out an album. The second album, he was ready to GO.

When I heard "Blew My MInd" it did blow my mind.
Posted: Jun 24, 2011 2:27 pm

yup. ones better than the other.

teenage hate was the choice, btw.
Posted: Jun 24, 2011 3:06 pm

I hadn't listened to The Reatards stuff in a long while and it really didn't resonate with me when I first heard it back in the day. Picked up the Teenage Hate reissue and it floored me. It's just so much better than I ever thought it was.
Posted: Jun 24, 2011 3:29 pm

Teengenerate is like that, I forget how refreshing those brutal sounds are....Then you hear it again, and you're like, man I've missed this.
Posted: Jun 24, 2011 7:11 pm

I prefer Grown Up Fucked Up but just a little bit more
Posted: Jun 24, 2011 7:16 pm

are you the kid that got pulled out of line outside the Antenna by their parents?
i was,,,,
Posted: Jun 24, 2011 7:53 pm

I used to walk to Fallout records every sunday afternoon (super hung over most of the time) and would buy a few records (or If I was seriously broke a 7") and picked up the Get Real Stupid 45 and walked home. At that point I would have purchased anything that was on Goner (and at that point that was only a few releases) -- I think I wrote Eric the very next weekend babbling about that 45 and asking about Jay.
When the 1st LP came out, Eric sent me a copy and at that point I became obsessed. I wanted to do something really badly. Blake (at eMpTy) wasn't as crazy about it as I was. So, I took everything bit of music out of his car, but the Teenage Hate release, so he didn't have anything else to listen too. I just wore him down. If I set my mind to something I just won't shut up.
I wrote Eric again and asked about Jay. I can only guess Eric must have told Jay some girl at a label was asking about him, since he called me the next week.
I think I talked to Jay on the phone more than anyone else in my life...
I really like all of it for different reasons, you sort of hear him growing up as it progresses.
I am really glad that there are plans to re-release most of the out of print stuff over time.
Posted: Jun 24, 2011 8:27 pm

bababbqgoat
Member Posted: Today, 7:16 pm Quote

i was,,,,

This all makes total sense now. Hey, man!
Posted: Jun 24, 2011 9:14 pm

great story, ida!
Posted: Jun 28, 2011 5:09 pm

Anyone have any idea how much an Empty Records press of this is worth these days

I worked at eMpTy during this release. I'd say its OOP so probably $$. The coolest one I have is the Gas huffer/Mudhoney split in the shape of a saw
Also The TFL 7inch is the rarest
Posted: Jun 28, 2011 8:14 pm | Edited by: ida slapter

I worked at eMpTy during this release. I'd say its OOP so probably $$. The coolest one I have is the Gas huffer/Mudhoney split in the shape of a saw
Also The TFL 7inch is the rarest

All eMpTy releases are out of print. Alex, you didn't work at eMpTy when this was released...
Most folks here aren't going to know who Totally Fucking Lit are...
Posted: Jun 28, 2011 9:09 pm

What about the Reatards live LP on clear vinyl? I've been thinking about selling some records lately and I imagine it's probably worth something.

Ditto the first KK&BBQ show LP on clear vinyl.
Posted: Jun 29, 2011 1:47 pm

All eMpTy releases are out of print. Alex, you didn't work at eMpTy when this was released...

Yeah maybe it was a reorder/re-release? But def around same time as bedroom disasters and Not F'd Enough. i take it Ida you are meghan?
Good Story on Fallout- I went to HS in Seattle- one of my faves.

Most folks here aren't going to know who Totally Fucking Lit are...

Well they should! plus there are a few goner Spokanites

Trust me I loved that label (RIP) and have much on vinyl.
Posted: Jun 29, 2011 6:48 pm

pretty obvious.

silly me..

yeah that was pretty snarky now that i read it. sorry. i'm dork.
Posted: Jun 29, 2011 10:38 pm

no worries...I guess since I purchased the album at the show I was talking to Jay at, I wasn't exactly expert Reatard-o-phile...except for that sweet Maxell 90 minute tape i used to blast in my van...with Moorat Fingers on the other side...or was that Warlock Pinchers?....ah the good 'ol days...
Posted: Jun 29, 2011 11:03 pm

Moorat Pinchers!
Posted: Jun 29, 2011 11:18 pm

I think I pinched out a Moorat today...
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®