Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / newborns are cool!!
Posted: Jun 3, 2011 12:32 am

Congrats to your newborn child.
Posted: Jun 3, 2011 12:34 am

!!!!!
Posted: Jun 3, 2011 12:35 am

1!!!!
Posted: Jun 3, 2011 12:58 am

i hope your babies look like monkeys - romy and michelles high school reunion
Posted: Jun 3, 2011 12:59 am

Michele: For me, it's like I've just given birth to my own baby girl, except she's like a big giant girl who smokes and says "shit" a lot. You know?
Posted: Jun 3, 2011 8:33 am

yet another pro-baby thread.
Posted: Jun 3, 2011 9:02 am

Posted: Jun 3, 2011 9:28 am

Is this about the new Oblivian kid?

Congrats. Glad I got to be at your last show EVER!!!
Posted: Jun 3, 2011 12:13 pm

yet another pro-baby thread.

Good. Anyone who disapproves should be shot in the fucking face.
With that said. Congrats Brah
Posted: Jun 3, 2011 12:14 pm

Oh realy sunshine, what are they good for? They're stinky and helpless and their cuteness wears off real fast.
Posted: Jun 3, 2011 12:46 pm

figured alienator would like babies since he is mentally an infant.

congrats!
Posted: Jun 3, 2011 1:31 pm

Emotionaly an infant stupid.
Posted: Jun 3, 2011 1:33 pm

...and I hate sharing the boobies....where's my wet nurse? I need my ass wiped.
Posted: Jun 3, 2011 3:19 pm

I'm not a fan of "my kid rules my life" adulthood, but being a kid pretty much rules & hopefully I can give mine a good kid-hood. Newborns are completely strange little creatures. Wild.
Posted: Jun 3, 2011 3:31 pm

Congrats!

Newborns are cool in the "miracle of life" sort of way, but mine is way cooler and way more fun now she's two.
Posted: Jun 3, 2011 5:01 pm

Congratulations on the birth of your young'un! I wish the best for you and your family in the future.
Posted: Jun 3, 2011 5:50 pm | Edited by: The Troll

Congrats!!!!1111eleventy!!1
Posted: Jun 3, 2011 6:02 pm

Congrats! You'd be a fun dad, Eric.
Posted: Jun 3, 2011 8:49 pm

congrats!!!
Posted: Jun 3, 2011 9:19 pm

can i continue to call him winston?
Posted: Jun 3, 2011 9:47 pm

Winston O.
Posted: Jun 3, 2011 10:41 pm

I'm not a fan of "my kid rules my life" adulthood, but being a kid pretty much rules & hopefully I can give mine a good kid-hood. Newborns are completely strange little creatures. Wild.

tell me about it... just wait till they start talking & stuff - it get's WILDER! But it's awesome man - we're so stoked for you guys!
Posted: Jun 4, 2011 12:52 am

Good deal Eric, you'll do fine.

Newborns are kinda neat, but I like being a dad more now that mine are teens. In my opinion, It's less work and more fun. I got kids playing baseball, kids playing in bands, kids who like to read and write. It's more stuff to be proud of instead of "you took a poopie" or whatever. Every time they drive anywhere I get worried though, that's the sucky part.
Posted: Jun 5, 2011 10:29 am

Congratulations to you and your family! That's so awesome!
Posted: Jun 5, 2011 2:19 pm

I got kids playing baseball, kids playing in bands, kids who like to read and write.
you fucking rule cole.
Posted: Jun 5, 2011 3:43 pm

you fucking rule cole.

No, i don't. I can't do any of that shit. Well....barely read and write. Come to think of it none of them are that great at that shit either. They just do it.
Posted: Jun 5, 2011 4:22 pm

doesn't matter if you can, but letting them do their thing does
Posted: Jun 5, 2011 4:42 pm

letting them do their thing does

my brother impressed the heck out of me, when he bought a full drum kit for his son
Posted: Jun 5, 2011 4:43 pm

congratulations Eric and family!
Posted: Jun 5, 2011 4:49 pm

my brother impressed the heck out of me, when he bought a full drum kit for his son

Man, I'll tell ya, it ain't always easy. When Colby became interested in music, I was stoked because I thought he would start a cool punk band or something, he liked that stuff. nope it's all emo/screamo shit. They practice over here and I'm always wanting to yell, "You little bastards have nothing to be depressed about"!
Posted: Jun 5, 2011 4:59 pm | Edited by: mexicajun

They practice over here and I'm always wanting to yell...

Madman

Congrats EricO
Posted: Jun 5, 2011 6:40 pm

thanks everybody. I'm pretty impressed that he can poop. He picked that up in one day!
Posted: Jun 5, 2011 7:34 pm

thanks everybody. I'm pretty impressed that he can poop. He picked that up in one day!
already ahead of the curve
Posted: Jun 5, 2011 11:28 pm

As soon as possible, sit the boy down and give him the talk. We're sorry we messed up the world so bad. We're especially sorry about those Batman movies, Donald Trump and daylight savings time. And pollution. Never forget that I was there to help when you pooped in your pants (a lot) and maybe someday you will do the same for me. Here's a list of people who are not allowed to pay by check at the Goner store...
Posted: Jun 6, 2011 1:27 am

They practice over here and I'm always wanting to yell...

Madman

Congrats EricO

Amen.
Posted: Jun 6, 2011 1:29 am

already ahead of the curve

Ahead of your ass, mr. old-foagie-needing-fiber.
Posted: Jun 6, 2011 8:24 am

Congrats...another baby won the lottery and got cool parents...if only everyone was that lucky.

If I ever have a baby, I'm gonna have to name him Sue.
Posted: Jun 8, 2011 3:39 pm

Fortunately at first if you are a woman and you nurse your baby it's tough to get any independence and not let your kid rule your life. I will be glad to get this baby on solid foods so I can have a little more freedom. So excited that Wilson is here! I heard from Kate today that you guys are doing well, call or email me if you need or just want anything.
Posted: Jun 8, 2011 9:14 pm

Lacey! Will do... you gotta meet this fellow. Hope he and Fitz can be pals, hope you guys are good!
Posted: Jun 9, 2011 8:22 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

Now my friends are telling me that they're pregnant, it's becoming a trend...I'm not jumping on board this band wagon no matter how cool it gets.
Posted: Jun 9, 2011 8:25 am

Even if Jon Spencer and Greg Cartwright were the progenitors of this child birthing movement...I'll go gay, I don't care.
Posted: Jun 9, 2011 12:46 pm

Man, I'll tell ya, it ain't always easy. When Colby became interested in music, I was stoked because I thought he would start a cool punk band or something, he liked that stuff. nope it's all emo/screamo shit.

Just got my six year old girl a Fender Squire Mini and a lil' Vox amp...I said, "OK...so now you're totally ready to rock out hard! Yay!"...and she says, "Mom, I don't want to rock out hard."...she wants to be goddamn Joan Baez, aparently...but chose the electric over accoustic because it was redder, shinier and prettier. Soooooo...now how do I trick her in to shredding?

Eric and J9, not only will you will have your non-parental identities back within the year...everything you do from here on out...with or without little dude...will be twice as fulfilling and real, no joke. Big ups and congrats!
Posted: Jun 9, 2011 1:31 pm

now how do I trick her in to shredding?

Talk to Kim Fowley?
Posted: Jun 9, 2011 2:51 pm

CoNgRaTs!
Posted: Jun 9, 2011 7:38 pm

It'll be a great day when the boy eats his 1st bbq...!! I didnt like bbq much when i was tiny, but now..geez!!
Posted: Jun 9, 2011 11:07 pm

congrats & all the best for mr. wilson...!
Posted: Jun 10, 2011 8:34 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

Dennis the Menace reference?!

I filled in the blanks on Iran-Contra, how about you fill in some of the blanks on this baby business. Those little fat self centered aliens are about as mysterious as it gets to me. They have mind control over the womens, I want to know the secrets of their powers.
Posted: Jun 10, 2011 12:58 pm

Yeah, Fitz can't wait to meet his new buddy Wilson! We want to come see him when ya'll get settled, I know how things can be that 1st month especially
Posted: Jun 10, 2011 5:06 pm

[i]Just got my six year old girl a Fender Squire Mini and a lil' Vox amp...I said, "OK...so now you're totally ready to rock out hard! Yay!"...and she says, "Mom, I don't want to rock out hard.[/

Probably just a little too young. Even on a mini strat, a 6 yo can't make chords. Get her a little nylon string 3/4 size classical. Under 8-9, it is really hard to get a kid to play guitar just because of lack of dexterity and finger strength. I am currently teaching several kids between 5-7. Only a few can actually hold down a note without saying that it hurts.
Posted: Jun 10, 2011 5:52 pm

Just wait till their 16 and you get to go surfing together. It's been pretty sweet!
Posted: Jun 10, 2011 8:27 pm

Even on a mini strat, a 6 yo can't make chords. Get her a little nylon string 3/4 size classical.

I can't afford another guitar...but she's going to guitar camp this Summer (here), and they will have lenders if she can't handle the Mini yet. She can just mess around on hers a couple more years, until she's 8-9...and by then hopefully she'll have some skills.
Posted: Jun 12, 2011 1:09 pm

Congrats to you all. Welcome, little baby!
Posted: Jun 12, 2011 1:51 pm

congratulations! baby's rule!
Posted: Jun 13, 2011 9:49 am

I'm going to give you all some parenting tips, if you want your kid to play guitar refuse to ever by them one and tell them guitar is for hippis, then when they want to rebel against you they'll start playing guitar.

I'm not a parent but I was a kid.
Posted: Jun 13, 2011 7:44 pm

hippis
i'm assuming here, plural for hippo's?
Posted: Jun 14, 2011 12:37 am | Edited by: eric o

I will be so into whatever pop stuff that kid gets into he will go run & find something else to do. Beiber? Dad's got the haircut! GaGa? Dad is carried around in an egg! Whaaaaaah!
Posted: Jun 14, 2011 7:59 am

Yeah! I think that's how it's done!
Posted: Jun 14, 2011 8:01 am

If I had it all to do over again I would have listened to my Mom, life makes no sense.

Cowboys ain't easy to love and they're harder to hold.
They'd rather give you a song than diamonds or gold.
Lonestar belt buckles and old faded levis,
And each night begins a new day.
If you don't understand him, an' he don't die young,
He'll prob'ly just ride away.

Mamas, don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys.
Don't let 'em pick guitars or drive them old trucks.
Let 'em be doctors and lawyers and such.
Mamas don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys.
'Cos they'll never stay home and they're always alone.
Even with someone they love.

Cowboys like smokey old pool rooms and clear mountain mornings,
Little warm puppies and children and girls of the night.
Them that don't know him won't like him and them that do,
Sometimes won't know how to take him.
He ain't wrong, he's just different but his pride won't let him,
Do things to make you think he's right.

Mamas, don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys.
Don't let 'em pick guitars or drive them old trucks.
Let 'em be doctors and lawyers and such.
Mamas don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys.
'Cos they'll never stay home and they're always alone.
Even with someone they love.
Posted: Jun 14, 2011 8:04 am

My lovely wife is due in late August. We're having a girl. I will buy her one of these: http://daisyrock.com/node/182

Daisy Rock Girl Guitars rule. An entire line of guitars made specifically for girls.
Posted: Jun 14, 2011 9:55 am

Say NO to the baby leash!!
Posted: Jun 14, 2011 9:57 am

Posted: Jun 14, 2011 11:34 am

UNLEASH THE BABIES!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®