Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Jive Talkin'- Rock & Roll Hall of Fame
Posted: May 15, 2011 6:37 pm

How did the Bee Gees make the "Rock & Roll" Hall of Fame? They aren't the only one's, I see Madonna and countless others make it who have no business being in there. It destroys the credibilty of the Rock Hall, especially the last 10 yrs. Maybe the Pop/Rock Hall would suit them but please don't put them in the same category with the Beatles, Stones, etc..
Posted: May 15, 2011 6:39 pm

May as well induct the Monkees. lol
Posted: May 15, 2011 8:38 pm

Why does anyone even care about the R&R Hof anyway? It's just a Jann Wenner popularity contest . Some of the greatest bands and musicians will never be in there and a lot of the worst catpuke will be, so why not reject the whole thing. The Bee Gees made some great records in their early days so let them have their award. Simon & Garfunkel never rocked but they are in there and I don't care. What's worst is the reunion performances on induction nights are nearly always too embarrassing to watch.
Posted: May 15, 2011 10:06 pm

I recall The Lovin' Spoonful played after their induction and John Sebastion sounded like he was dying. I don't know which was more painful, his throat or me watching it.
Posted: May 16, 2011 7:47 am

I recall The Lovin' Spoonful played after their induction and John Sebastion sounded like he was dying. I don't know which was more painful, his throat or me watching it.

I remember that. Wish that I didn't!
Posted: May 16, 2011 7:56 am

This is why Thomas Jefferson Slave Apartments are the best band of all time...
Posted: May 16, 2011 12:52 pm

I agree with all this but i still want to go one of these days...
Posted: May 16, 2011 3:31 pm

How did the Bee Gees make the "Rock & Roll" Hall of Fame?

How about Top Ten Hits in the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's and 00's?
that's what it takes to get into the Hall of Lame
Posted: May 16, 2011 3:34 pm

Why does anyone even care about the R&R Hof
Posted: May 16, 2011 11:32 pm

I refuse to acknowledge that hall of shame until they induct Link Wray
Posted: May 20, 2011 6:18 pm

How about Top Ten Hits in the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's and 00's?
that's what it takes to get into the Hall of Lame

In that case why not just induct the band Chicago? They've also had a pop hit in each decade since the 60's but not inducted.
Posted: May 20, 2011 8:52 pm

I refuse to acknowledge that hall of shame until they induct Link Wray

Same goes for me.
Posted: May 20, 2011 11:56 pm

Bee Gees shot dope with the Dead Boys. Punk as fuck.
Posted: May 21, 2011 12:07 am

"you buy, i'll fly"?
Posted: May 21, 2011 12:54 pm

Bee Gees > The Beatles.

Chicago totally rocks!
Posted: Apr 11, 2017 10:43 pm

How did 2PAC make the rock and roll hall of fame?!

I'll tell you why. Because everything is so fucking politically correct now and paranoid about being perceived as "racist"!

If you need to meet some black quota in the R-n-R Hall of Fame these days, then induct Bad Brains or Living Colour or Fishbone or whoever the fuck ever for fuck's sake. HIP HIP IS NOT ROCK AND ROLL! Weak politically correct pandering makes me want to puke.

( this post was brought to you by 96oz. of Milwaukee's Best Ice :D
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®